Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549033 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6780 on: July 24, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »

Richard keeps talking like this almost since he's joined the band, I think I remember some 2004 interview. no hard feelings against him of course, I truly believe this is his honest thinking and maybe he's the only one in the band still interested in actually recording and releasing something.
anyway, the message of the interview is clear - the "ChiDem era leftovers" are probably gonna be trashed and IF GNR really releases something, it will be something recently recorded.
but there's still the big IF.

All CD era band members have talked like that really. I still find the interviews on the Appetite For Democracy DVD pretty sad to watch. They all seem so keen and full of hope about new material, and to genuinely believe it was right around the corner.

Wasn't it the same reason that Bumble left - and we got Slash?
I guess it's a win some-lose some situation, for better or worse.

We don't really know any reasons. It's all speculation.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #6781 on: July 24, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »

I could be wrong but I remember he said something about not putting out anything new was one of his reasons.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6782 on: July 24, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDL2GSfmRw

Listen from :
2:12 to 2:21 and 3:08 to 3:17
I wish they will use this voice in future recordings, as it sounds hard as fuck!

Someone called it ''the demon voice''

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6783 on: July 24, 2017, 03:19:11 PM »

well every singing technics avoiding the falsetto one is good for me

he can do it with ACDC, he probably could with Guns. but it needs a different approach on certain songs.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #6784 on: August 05, 2017, 01:08:35 AM »

Listened to GN'R radio for hours today on a long trip.  Just got me thinking, that Axl, Slash and Duff owe it to themselves to try and create some magic again.  They've finally all got their shit together, think about what they could do if they put the effort in.  Would be a shame if they didn't try.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6785 on: August 05, 2017, 07:18:35 AM »

Listened to GN'R radio for hours today on a long trip.  Just got me thinking, that Axl, Slash and Duff owe it to themselves to try and create some magic again.  They've finally all got their shit together, think about what they could do if they put the effort in.  Would be a shame if they didn't try.

I think thats just what they are doing. Richard said things are happening. That they are working on stuff. No reason to not belive in that. If it will take time before a record is done, yes i belive so. But we dont know if music will be released as single songes, ep, album etc.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6786 on: August 05, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »

I think thats just what they are doing. Richard said things are happening. That they are working on stuff. No reason to not belive in that. If it will take time before a record is done, yes i belive so. But we dont know if music will be released as single songes, ep, album etc.

Apart from the fact we've heard many band members for many years say the same of course.....

I wouldn't say I don't believe it, but I'm way way off believing it too! Comments like Richard's I now just look at as giving a diplomatic answer to a standard interviewer question before they can move on.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6787 on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »

I think logic and emotions will dictate that at the very least there will be one album by this current  lineup. They have chemistry. They are making money. Lastly, Axl, Slash, and Duff were three of five co-founders. These three were the last from the UYI tour. I'm sure that they don't  want to be remember for the "Spaghetti Incident" being their last album that the three of them worked on. I'm also sure that Slash and Duff doesn't want Chinese Democracy to be the last ever GNR album due to the fact that they weren't on  it. For them, GNR was their baby. They became household names as a result. It's a big part of their legacy.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6788 on: August 05, 2017, 12:13:54 PM »

I think logic and emotions will dictate that at the very least there will be one album by this current  lineup. They have chemistry. They are making money. Lastly, Axl, Slash, and Duff were three of five co-founders. These three were the last from the UYI tour. I'm sure that they don't  want to be remember for the "Spaghetti Incident" being their last album that the three of them worked on. I'm also sure that Slash and Duff doesn't want Chinese Democracy to be the last ever GNR album due to the fact that they weren't on  it. For them, GNR was their baby. They became household names as a result. It's a big part of their legacy.

'logic and emotions'?!

Ummm.......this IS gnr we're talking about right?!

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6789 on: August 05, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »

I would bet that Slash is writing but he has said he usually writes riffs and not full songs. So it is up to someone else (Axl) to finish the song and there's the question.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6790 on: August 07, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »

Anything Slash is coming up with for here on out, will his priority lie with SMKC or GNR?

An interview could have settled a lot of unanswered questions, let's hope they're ready to talk after the touring ends.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6791 on: August 07, 2017, 06:30:51 PM »

Anything Slash is coming up with for here on out, will his priority lie with SMKC or GNR?

An interview could have settled a lot of unanswered questions, let's hope they're ready to talk after the touring ends.

I don't think he'll have had much time to do anything new. The touring has been pretty constant. According to Myles Kennedy though, aren't that band set to get together again in 2018?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6792 on: August 07, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »

same old same old......dog chasing it's tail.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6793 on: August 07, 2017, 06:37:16 PM »

I don't think he'll have had much time to do anything new. The touring has been pretty constant. According to Myles Kennedy though, aren't that band set to get together again in 2018?

I was thinking whenever he starts writing and coming up with riffs next. Not necessarily today.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6794 on: August 07, 2017, 07:19:14 PM »

I was thinking whenever he starts writing and coming up with riffs next. Not necessarily today.

Ah ok. I'd love to know his thoughts on this, and whether he sees this as a short term thing. I'm on the side of thinking that's the case.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6795 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:28 AM »

Slash writes on tour, he's done that every time since his solo album. How else could he put out albums that fast?

And he already had an album of new material for SMKC when Guns reunited. I even recall him saying Guns didn't change the plans to record it in 2017 (so much for that!). So obviously they do not have the future planned out in any way, and he is just going with the flow however long Axl wants to tour. Even if Axl wants to do an album when it's over, I bet Slash will get bored with his procrastination and start back with Myles again, even getting the SMKC album out while Guns is in the preliminary stages of writing. And that's IF and only IF Axl doesn't go back to Angus for more touring or an album after this tour ends. I don't see any reality where a Guns album is not far off, like at least 2019/2020.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6796 on: August 08, 2017, 03:26:39 AM »

Slash writes on tour, he's done that every time since his solo album. How else could he put out albums that fast?

And he already had an album of new material for SMKC when Guns reunited. I even recall him saying Guns didn't change the plans to record it in 2017 (so much for that!). So obviously they do not have the future planned out in any way, and he is just going with the flow however long Axl wants to tour. Even if Axl wants to do an album when it's over, I bet Slash will get bored with his procrastination and start back with Myles again, even getting the SMKC album out while Guns is in the preliminary stages of writing. And that's IF and only IF Axl doesn't go back to Angus for more touring or an album after this tour ends. I don't see any reality where a Guns album is not far off, like at least 2019/2020.

I'm the opposite. I don't really see any reality where new Guns music will feature. I can see Axl touring with acdc next year, then another guns tour the year after. I don't think we're looking at a 'band' in the traditional sense anymore. I think it's a touring unit now, which it has been since CD came out. Other than a couple of thowaway comments that are very non-commital I've seen nothing really to contradict that view.

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6797 on: August 08, 2017, 05:54:26 AM »

Unfortunately I can't see another GnR album seems like this was a touring only reunion whether it lasts beyond this year is debatable,Axl and Slash are  polar opposites about what constitutes GnR,Axl wants the big epic OTT grandiose sound with full orchestra a cross between Elton John and Queen ,Slash on the other hand wants  straight forward Rock, big guitars sounds similar to Zeppelin and Aerosmith well that ultimately led to the split in the first place whether the two will compromise is another question ,Slash said when Izzy left he found it hard to deal with Axl in the studio as Izzy acted as a mediator between the two.As for Axl going back to Acdc that may never happen as the last tour was just fulfilling a contractual agreement that they couldn't get out of ,with their bassist Cliff Williams the latest one to leave their future as a band doesn't look too promising.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:59:19 AM by Executioner » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #6798 on: August 08, 2017, 07:05:48 AM »

Remember a few years back when that track Going Down leaked with Tommys lead vocals. Those were simpler days.

As much as i would love it, i doubt that GNR are gonna start releasing tracks with Tommy, Robin, Bumblefoot ect. all over them.

Maybe a deluxe version of Chinese is our best bet...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6799 on: August 08, 2017, 09:39:22 AM »

The other point I think we sometimes overlook, is a chemistry one. Ok they're playing together, and it's tight, but writing is a whole different area. These people haven't written together since, maybe 1990. That's 27 years. Expecting them to just be able to put ideas together probably isn't fair. The creative process is pretty challenging- there is a lot of pushing and pulling, a lot of arguments, egos etc etc. It's not an easy process, even if the entire band are on the same wavelength about how they want things to sound. Building up a healthy writing atmosphere will take years. At the moment, we think it's amazing they're even sharing the same stage!

Playing devil's advocate, we could also argue that perhaps the last time the band were truly creative in a diplomatic and equal way was when they were writing material for Appetite, living a lifestyle where they were in each others pockets constantly. Perhaps we're just trying (and expecting) to get blood out of a stone here. Maybe there just isn't the creative element between them anymore.....

(Obviously I hope this isn't the case, but that should go without saying!)

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: