Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1557890 times)
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6840 on: August 29, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »

On the Brian note, it was singing 'Back In Black' with Muse. An odd combination, but most interestingly was his "fuck 'em all" comment at the end. Not sure what that referred to, but speculation is sure to ensue on the ACDC forums about that comment, given his current status.

I can't help but wonder if there was more going on between him and AC/DC than just the hearing issue..
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #6841 on: August 29, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »

Once this tour is over, they go their separate ways.

Slash back to Myles, Axl (and Duff?) back to AC/DC.

When is this recording going to be happening?
Or Tommy.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6842 on: August 29, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

On the Brian note, it was singing 'Back In Black' with Muse. An odd combination, but most interestingly was his "fuck 'em all" comment at the end. Not sure what that referred to, but speculation is sure to ensue on the ACDC forums about that comment, given his current status.

I can't help but wonder if there was more going on between him and AC/DC than just the hearing issue..

Well, his live vocals had really fallen off.

If you YouTubed some of the last shows with Brian and compared them to the shows with Axl, the latter was a far stronger product.

Now, if you are an AC/DC fan, you aren't hearing that.  They are your band, and Brian is your guy.  Just like we would never take anyone other than Axl for GNR.  

But still, objectively speaking, it was a stronger show with Axl belting out the tunes.

So, if you are Angus...you aren't deaf.  You can tell which is better.  Is that enouhg to throw Brian overboard?  Dunno.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6843 on: August 29, 2017, 04:09:05 PM »

Well, his live vocals had really fallen off.

If you YouTubed some of the last shows with Brian and compared them to the shows with Axl, the latter was a far stronger product.

Now, if you are an AC/DC fan, you aren't hearing that.  They are your band, and Brian is your guy.  Just like we would never take anyone other than Axl for GNR.  

But still, objectively speaking, it was a stronger show with Axl belting out the tunes.

So, if you are Angus...you aren't deaf.  You can tell which is better.  Is that enouhg to throw Brian overboard?  Dunno.

I'm not sure how well another tour with Axl would sell though. Stronger show or not, AC/DC fans want Brian, and I think there would be a huge drop off in ticket sales.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6844 on: August 29, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »

Once this tour is over, they go their separate ways.

Slash back to Myles, Axl (and Duff?) back to AC/DC.

When is this recording going to be happening?
Or Tommy.

Angus basically has to rebuild his own band.  He is pretty going to have to do the "nuAC/DC" route.

And I suspect its going to be about as well received as "nuGNR".  Their live shows will be a pretty high percentage of Axl fans.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6845 on: August 29, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »

I'm not sure how well another tour with Axl would sell though. Stronger show or not, AC/DC fans want Brian, and I think there would be a huge drop off in ticket sales.

I doubt I'd go again.  And I absolutely loved my AXL/DC show.

But...I've seen it, you know?  I considered something of a novelty, and I think I got the gist.

Wanted to hear Axl sing 'Thunderstruck'.  Wanted to hear 'Back In Black' and 'Shoot To Thrill'. 

Well.....I did.  I think I'd good.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6846 on: August 29, 2017, 04:43:16 PM »

But...I've seen it, you know?  I considered something of a novelty, and I think I got the gist.

Wanted to hear Axl sing 'Thunderstruck'.  Wanted to hear 'Back In Black' and 'Shoot To Thrill'. 

Ditto.

It was a neat novelty.  But I've no desire to do it again.

I know a LOT of AC/DC fans got refunds for the US shows, and then those tickets were snapped up by GnR/Axl fans.  I'm not sure Thunder is gonna strike twice. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6847 on: August 29, 2017, 05:05:15 PM »

Same here. Was a great night, but a one off for me. Loads and loads of empty seats at my gig- and it was previously sold out before axl. Ac/dc would have to look at smaller venues if they wantd to carry on with axl i think.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #6848 on: August 29, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »

The shows I went to in London, Manchester and Denmark were packed out... I think you'd be surprised at the success they'd have.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6849 on: August 30, 2017, 05:27:29 AM »

My axl/dc show in Atlanta was packed as well.....I would definitely go again. Wife with devil horns on.... hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6850 on: August 30, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »

I know somebody who is not into GNR but is a huge Ac/dc fan since the 70s and he travelled to London so see AC/DC in 2016 and said that the show was one of the best AC/DC shows hes seen in decades.
Personally as a fan of both im pretty sure they will do just fine.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6851 on: August 30, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »

The shows I went to in London, Manchester and Denmark were packed out... I think you'd be surprised at the success they'd have.

I did the Manchester one- thought there were loads of empty seats- top level especially. I was pleased though because it meant I picked up a ticket ridiculously cheap! I was on barrier at the front though, so perhaps it filled up?

I just can't see the AC/DC thing going on again really. Selfishly of course, I don't want it to, as anything that draw away from GNR at this time doesn't bode well for new material. If Axl went from NITL to a full world tour with AC/DC that would be another two years or so gone.

I still find it totally weird that we're discussing Axl being the lead singer of AC/DC too! Imagine saying that on here 10 years ago! Crazy times.

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6852 on: August 30, 2017, 07:31:07 AM »

I did the Manchester one- thought there were loads of empty seats- top level especially. I was pleased though because it meant I picked up a ticket ridiculously cheap! I was on barrier at the front though, so perhaps it filled up?

I just can't see the AC/DC thing going on again really. Selfishly of course, I don't want it to, as anything that draw away from GNR at this time doesn't bode well for new material. If Axl went from NITL to a full world tour with AC/DC that would be another two years or so gone.

I still find it totally weird that we're discussing Axl being the lead singer of AC/DC too! Imagine saying that on here 10 years ago! Crazy times.
Yeah lots have changed.
In 2007 it was all about Chinese Democracy being delayed again and Velvet Revolver. 2007 GNR did a great tour aswell!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6853 on: August 31, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »

thing is, Chinese Democracy didn't reached the too high expectations for a Guns N'Roses LP and it understandably didn't
give that much confidence to go on with the second part of it. we're now pretty close to ten years without new material.
ten years. we had what, 15 years between Spaghetti and Chinese? not so different.

they have to maintain the interest of the fanbase by keeping the narrative "we worked on some songs" or "there's some
great material here" but the thing is, they will tour 'til the cash stop to flow.

and after that, from their perspective, what's the point to make some new music?
albums doesn't sell well, tracks will be immediately compared to Appetite, and we all know it can't top that.
so from a legacy perspective, it's not a good option either.

I always thought they'll do another last album, but it was before this partial reunion thing. now the configuration is
different, and the time is passing. and maybe it's already too late.

Yeah but..
Slash keep recording and releasing albums, so does Duff - in various forms and bands.
Hell, even Richard, Frank and Dizzy are making new music!

Sure, none of them are GN'R albums or treated as one, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there won't be a new album, that won't be the reason, IMO.

they keep releasing music because they are musicians. that's what musicians do, creating music.
they can't do that in the GNR context. why? ask Axl.

I always kinda thought he was reluctant to release GNR music without the other guys.
meaning, without Slash, mainly. He had to do it to keep his career relevant and doing cash but...

I'm not sure he was happy to do CD. I mean, the last chance to have new music was when Ron
was in the band, he really wanted to push things, doing new material, one track at the time, I
think an Axl/Ron drive would have been great for the band at that moment, let's say that
2008-2014 area.

but it was apparently a one-way relationship, like, when you have a guy really excited about
something you own and he has great plans about it and you just think "this thing is mine, who
the fuck do you think you are?"

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6854 on: September 01, 2017, 07:13:28 AM »

Can't see Acdc continuing it appears Axl just stepped in to finish the tour that was pre booked and it probably saved them millions of dollars in lawsuits and insurance,with the loss of Phil Rudd, Malcolm. Young ,BJ and the latest defector Cliff Williams ,it just seems it would be lame to carry on with a bunch of hired hands, however Axl did it with GNR for 20 years so anything is possible but it is not something that the fan's would want ,BJ's departure was a very strange I think there's more to it than what was revealed his best mate a Dj said At the time  he was kicked to the curb without warning then withdrew his statement ,Acdc took weeks to give an official statement on why he departed like they were holding out for whatever was going on behind the scenes to be resolved,but back to the thread GnR releasing a new album not a chance this is a nostalgic money tour The Police ,Stone Roses ,Verve,Eagles etc all did the exact same thing did the reunion tour and not much else ,If a live Album /DVD comes out of it that will be about as much as we can hope .Duff and Slash are probably itching to get back to their respective bands and put out new material but I don't see it happening with GnR.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6855 on: September 01, 2017, 08:00:25 AM »

Can't see Acdc continuing it appears Axl just stepped in to finish the tour that was pre booked and it probably saved them millions of dollars in lawsuits and insurance,with the loss of Phil Rudd, Malcolm. Young ,BJ and the latest defector Cliff Williams ,it just seems it would be lame to carry on with a bunch of hired hands, however Axl did it with GNR for 20 years so anything is possible but it is not something that the fan's would want ,BJ's departure was a very strange I think there's more to it than what was revealed his best mate a Dj said At the time  he was kicked to the curb without warning then withdrew his statement ,Acdc took weeks to give an official statement on why he departed like they were holding out for whatever was going on behind the scenes to be resolved,but back to the thread GnR releasing a new album not a chance this is a nostalgic money tour The Police ,Stone Roses ,Verve,Eagles etc all did the exact same thing did the reunion tour and not much else ,If a live Album /DVD comes out of it that will be about as much as we can hope .Duff and Slash are probably itching to get back to their respective bands and put out new material but I don't see it happening with GnR.

Umm.....The Stone Roses released two new singles, and were working on an album (for all I know that may still come out). The Verve released an entire new album after reforming for the final time. The Eagles released an album after reforming, in 2007, as well as an official film.

Whether the quality of those was what fans wanted is another question, but it's not true to suggest they just toured and didn't do much else.

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6856 on: September 01, 2017, 08:30:39 AM »

Umm.....The Stone Roses released two new singles, and were working on an album (for all I know that may still come out). The Verve released an entire new album after reforming for the final time. The Eagles released an album after reforming, in 2007, as well as an official film.

Whether the quality of those was what fans wanted is another question, but it's not true to suggest they just toured and didn't do much else.
2 singles in 6 years hardly prolific,GnR show no signs of doing an album and I think the reunion will be similar to The Police they did a 2 year massive world tour and then went their separate ways they were enticed by a huge pot of gold and even though they couldn't stand each other the money was too big to turn down .The main reason GnR split in the first place was because of the lack of communication and musical differences between Axl and Slash would they want to spend a year in the studio having the same problems resurface? I doubt it but did anyone think the reunion would happen ?No ,so lets wait and see how it pans out.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6857 on: September 01, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »

2 singles in 6 years hardly prolific,GnR show no signs of doing an album and I think the reunion will be similar to The Police they did a 2 year massive world tour and then went their separate ways they were enticed by a huge pot of gold and even though they couldn't stand each other the money was too big to turn down .The main reason GnR split in the first place was because of the lack of communication and musical differences between Axl and Slash would they want to spend a year in the studio having the same problems resurface? I doubt it but did anyone think the reunion would happen ?No ,so lets wait and see how it pans out.

Prolific hasn't really got anything to do with it- all those bands you're using as examples  (apart from The Police, but that reunion was only ever set to be a very brief tour anyway) did new material. There are barely any bands who reform and don't have a go at new things, even if the results aren't what they wanted.

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6858 on: September 01, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »

Brief tour???151 gigs in two years one of the biggest tours of all time would hardly call that brief ,look we can live and hope of a new GnR album but realistically when this tour finishes in  November they will go their separate ways and that will be that ,Slash and Duff won't wanna hang around if new music isn't forthcoming and they are probably committed to their own side projects ,how frustrating must it have been for the last incarnation of GnR to have had only one new album in 20 years these guys are creative they don't wanna be constantly playing AFD and Illusions no matter how good the loot is .Most people join a band so they can create new music and play it live not to be a glorified tribute act of their former selves but the ever controlling Axl sees it differently.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6859 on: September 01, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »

Brief tour???151 gigs in two years one of the biggest tours of all time would hardly call that brief ,look we can live and hope of a new GnR album but realistically when this tour finishes in  November they will go their separate ways and that will be that ,Slash and Duff won't wanna hang around if new music isn't forthcoming and they are probably committed to their own side projects ,how frustrating must it have been for the last incarnation of GnR to have had only one new album in 20 years these guys are creative they don't wanna be constantly playing AFD and Illusions no matter how good the loot is .Most people join a band so they can create new music and play it live not to be a glorified tribute act of their former selves but the ever controlling Axl sees it differently.

Speculation. We've no idea whatsoever what they think.

"A glorified tribute act of their former selves" - remind me why you care what they do then? Sounds to me like you're pretty set against what they're doing now.

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: