Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559951 times)
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #6900 on: August 06, 2019, 02:11:50 AM »

Bring back Sailing and include it in the new album.

hihi

I this 4 years of NITLT, we had only SOYL like a new song, played few times. Or not?

axlvai
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6901 on: August 06, 2019, 09:59:53 AM »

hihi

I this 4 years of NITLT, we had only SOYL like a new song, played few times. Or not?

Yeah, depending on whether you count the various covers as 'new'......

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6902 on: August 08, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

I wonder how long they can go on packing stadiums with no new music.  And its not any diss toward the band as their songs are iconic.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6903 on: August 08, 2019, 09:43:48 PM »

hihi

Covers, by definition, are not new.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6904 on: August 09, 2019, 10:52:12 AM »

hihi

Covers, by definition, are not new.

Some would see them as 'new' in the same way they saw Spaghetti Incident as a 'new GNR album'.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6905 on: August 09, 2019, 01:47:45 PM »

I wonder how long they can go on packing stadiums with no new music.  And its not any diss toward the band as their songs are iconic.

Casual fans don't want new music. They just want to hear the classics. Look at the Stones.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6906 on: August 09, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »

Casual fans don't want new music. They just want to hear the classics. Look at the Stones.

I used to have the same stance, but I’m not 100% sure anymore. By riding their renaissance wave, and present new music in the proper way, I think a lot of excitement can be created around that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:37:59 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6907 on: August 10, 2019, 04:33:44 AM »

I think depends.

Look at the impact of AXL/DC,
was like new music and hitted.

if new music got magic it will trigger both, casual fans and diehard.

I as a diehard always hear gently the classics and the different interpretations on stage,

for me it would be great again to hear music while alot of life happened to AXL, DIZZY, SLASH n DUFF.
will not the same like early 90's,
so I personally guess it would be a moved on record.

On the other hand the outputting of intentional music is finished, so I like to hear the joy of music  beer

I dont somehow like the current settings of many bands that released much of stuff,
Its like sometimes deleting or denying the magical thing that music is about,
while creating a truth bubble above the actual present album.

Somehow I skipped the search for truth when listening to tunes, focus now on the feeling.

Seeing GNR celebrating Music again into a new album could be a opportunity
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:40:15 AM by THeRoCK2 » Logged

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WE DO!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6908 on: August 12, 2019, 10:20:13 AM »

I don't see another stadium run in a few years, at least not in the US.  That was a one shot deal in terms of that much demand after so long away in the eyes of most.

But I have think they can play arenas every few years forever, even if they don't release one new song.  Which, let's face it, they probably will not.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #6909 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:49 PM »

I don't see another stadium run in a few years, at least not in the US.  That was a one shot deal in terms of that much demand after so long away in the eyes of most.

But I have think they can play arenas every few years forever, even if they don't release one new song.  Which, let's face it, they probably will not.

rofl

Not in this lifetime.

axlvai
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6910 on: August 12, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »

even if they don't release one new song.  Which, let's face it, they probably will not.

Some things never change. Ever the optimist! Cheesy

So you honestly think that between right now and the end of the world as we know it, there won't be a new GN'R song released? Do you know something the rest of us don't?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6911 on: August 12, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »

The Stones have a massive back catalogue over 30 studio Albums GnR have 4 there is a big difference ,a lot of fans wanna hear new stuff with Slash and Duff back on board, on the last leg of the tour they were playing up to 9 covers a night which is a bit OTT one or two would be enough and if they had new material they could pick and choose more of their own music.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6912 on: August 12, 2019, 04:12:36 PM »

The Stones have a massive back catalogue over 30 studio Albums GnR have 4 there is a big difference ,a lot of fans wanna hear new stuff with Slash and Duff back on board, on the last leg of the tour they were playing up to 9 covers a night which is a bit OTT one or two would be enough and if they had new material they could pick and choose more of their own music.

I still want a new Stones album.  Embarrassed

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6913 on: August 13, 2019, 02:39:18 PM »

I think everyone, even "casual fans" would be curious what an Axl/Slash reunion record would sound like. That it's seemingly been on the distant back burner is what's puzzling to me.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6914 on: August 13, 2019, 04:35:43 PM »

Hopefully get a new song on tour and new album next year. Can't wait!

Rizzo160
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6915 on: August 14, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

Tool will release their new album in a couple of weeks. Against all odds, they were able to record an album 13 years after their previous effort. 10,000 days was released in 2006. We live in a completely different world today.

In 2006, there were no smart phones, Facebook, Instagram...And my preferred source of online entertainment was....yes, HTGTH (specially in 2006 when we got the leaks and the shows in NY in May).

Axl, Slash and Duff releasing a new song/album may be a little bit harder though, after all, it's only been 25 years since they recorded something new.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6916 on: August 15, 2019, 12:37:50 PM »

Tool will release their new album in a couple of weeks. Against all odds, they were able to record an album 13 years after their previous effort. 10,000 days was released in 2006. We live in a completely different world today.

In 2006, there were no smart phones, Facebook, Instagram...And my preferred source of online entertainment was....yes, HTGTH (specially in 2006 when we got the leaks and the shows in NY in May).

Axl, Slash and Duff releasing a new song/album may be a little bit harder though, after all, it's only been 25 years since they recorded something new.

That's an excellent point. Though they sound great live, creating "new" music together takes a whole other level of creative synergy which is not necessarily a given after 25 years. 

Though, if the idea is to finish off and add Slash & Duff's styles to existing tracks it may be a bit easier to get through, not to mention much quicker. Who knows?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6917 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:25 AM »

Yeah. But there seems to be differing opinions on what new music means. Which is kinda funny in a way.

Remember when Chinese Democracy came out and some made comments that it wasn't new?  hihi

Anyway, I think there'll be new music from GN'R. It'll be something they didn't release before, so new music. It's the natural next step after the amazing tour. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6918 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »

Yeah. But there seems to be differing opinions on what new music means. Which is kinda funny in a way.

Remember when Chinese Democracy came out and some made comments that it wasn't new?  hihi

Anyway, I think there'll be new music from GN'R. It'll be something they didn't release before, so new music. It's the natural next step after the amazing tour. Smiley

/jarmo
Interesting that Duff and Slash could work on their own Solo records while still on tour with GnR ,I don't think it would be that much of a strain on the band to put out a new album fairly quickly as I'm sure Axl has vaults of songs he could get them to play on  surely when they get back together to rehearse for the tour they would prefer to be playing some new songs instead of the same old war horses that they've  played a million times.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6919 on: August 17, 2019, 07:28:01 PM »

I hope we get some new music, instead of the 30 classic songs. I think we will get one or two new songs when GNR goes on tour. Only one more month, we will see.

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: