Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549250 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6920 on: August 18, 2019, 04:39:25 AM »

I hope we get some new music, instead of the 30 classic songs. I think we will get one or two new songs when GNR goes on tour. Only one more month, we will see.
it won’t happen until they have the new album ready. Knowing axl, he doesn’t want the ‘when does the new album come out’ thing to begin.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 04:43:29 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6921 on: August 18, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »

I hope we get some new music, instead of the 30 classic songs. I think we will get one or two new songs when GNR goes on tour. Only one more month, we will see.
it won’t happen until they have the new album ready. Knowing axl, he doesn’t want the ‘when does the new album come out’ thing to begin.

That's been going on since they played the first shows hasn't it?  hihi

Just kidding.

But it's been going on for a while, even when it was obvious that the band wasn't done with touring yet. All those "Why are they touring? We need a new album" comments.....

In reality, it's not that long ago when the idea of Axl, Duff and Slash being in the same band seemed impossible.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6922 on: August 18, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »

On the other hand, much of CD was played YEARS before the album was released.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6923 on: August 18, 2019, 04:00:38 PM »

That's been going on since they played the first shows hasn't it?  hihi

Just kidding.

But it's been going on for a while, even when it was obvious that the band wasn't done with touring yet. All those "Why are they touring? We need a new album" comments.....

In reality, it's not that long ago when the idea of Axl, Duff and Slash being in the same band seemed impossible.

/jarmo

Yeah but that's done and dusted now the tour has been seen in all parts of the world time to move on with something new ,we don't want GnR turning into Kiss where they just turn up and go through the motions for the money.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6924 on: August 18, 2019, 05:24:00 PM »

I think we have been patient with the touring. It's time to put out an album and release new music.

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6925 on: August 18, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »

I think we have been patient with the touring. It's time to put out an album and release new music.

Really? It's that much of an effort to have an active band? Cheesy

hihi

I still believe in the "they'll release music when they want to" saying. I don't think it'll be sooner just because some people think they need and/or deserve it... But that's just me. Smiley

I don't think the band members aren't aware of the fact that their fans would love some new music. So to demand it seems kinda pointless in a way. I'm sure they know without me asking for it? Or?

Yeah but that's done and dusted now the tour has been seen in all parts of the world time to move on with something new ,we don't want GnR turning into Kiss where they just turn up and go through the motions for the money.

Sorry to have to tell you, but there's 15 shows coming up, starting in September...
And just because the band isn't on tour, that in itself isn't a guarantee for new GN'R music....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:18:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #6926 on: August 19, 2019, 12:18:18 AM »

Expects nothing. Thats the best way to dont get disillutioned... in gnr and life too.

Im doin that shit a lot. But pls i dont want to see the same "nitl theme" show, time to refresh some stuf imo.

Im ready to Santiago Chile 2020. Fuck yeah.

axlvai
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #6927 on: August 19, 2019, 01:23:02 AM »

Soon is the word  hihi
I believe it will happen, sooner than later (to be honest, I'm ok with no new music either)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6928 on: August 19, 2019, 01:44:36 AM »

On the other hand, much of CD was played YEARS before the album was released.
right but look at how much pressure axl had to bear.
And it was a different situation where he had to prove he was doin something fresh and new with the new band.  Now he can tour forever without a new album, random fans are always there
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6929 on: August 19, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »

I don't think the band members aren't aware of the fact that their fans would love some new music. So to demand it seems kinda pointless in a way. I'm sure they know without me asking for it? Or?

/jarmo

Wait...so you've never asked???   Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6930 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:13 AM »

Wait...so you've never asked???   Cheesy

Asked?

I thought we were past asking.... Isn't it all about deserving and/or demanding nowadays? Cheesy  Tongue

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6931 on: August 19, 2019, 09:00:30 PM »

Some things never change. Ever the optimist! Cheesy

So you honestly think that between right now and the end of the world as we know it, there won't be a new GN'R song released? Do you know something the rest of us don't?  Huh

Yes.  I know Axl is lazy and sees he can fill places all over the world without lifting a finger on anything new.

And while he could always do that the world over, it ceased being the case in the U.S. some years ago.  Hence "Up Close And Personal" and Las Vegas residencies.  I suppose he decided to play nothing but smaller venues stateside out of...what, the goodness of his heart?  Or did lack of demand for a scab version of GNR finally become too great to ignore?

Furthermore, GNR is "back" in the eyes of most for the past few years.  I know "they never left!" is a cute talking point, but try making it somewhere outside these boards.  That's a laugh line.  To most people, GNR is <file not found> from 1995 through 2015.

He has full buildings anywhere he wants and generally good press.  Where's the motivation to get out there and create?  A trait he has not had since..what, 2007?  Was that the latest vocals he laid down?  For songs already written, sometimes YEARS before?

He knows we will be there to hear AFD and UYI until god calls us all.  And now he's at a point in his career where coasting and running out the clock is considered acceptable.

I have to think the past few years of his life have been great.  Look how happy he is, just in general.  He's upsetting that apple cart?

I don't see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6932 on: August 19, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »

And it was a different situation where he had to prove he was doin something fresh and new with the new band.  Now he can tour forever without a new album, random fans are always there

Exactly.  So long as you have Axl & Slash (and to a lesser extent, Duff) you will never struggle to sell tickets.  He was trying to be a legacy band without the guys that built that legacy.  Now, he has them.  Or, at least enough of them to be deemed "close enough".  He's got a good thing going the past few years.  Best he's had it since 1993.  He doesn't have to re-invent the wheel.

Initially, I wondered if he could keep Slash and Duff interest doing greatest hits tours.  But we see lately that there has been breaks where both men can create on their own, and the GNR thing will always be fallback (and a nice check) pretty much whenever. 

These guys left a ton of money on the table for 20 years.  They are going to recoup as much as they can now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6933 on: August 20, 2019, 05:27:42 AM »

Yes.  I know Axl is lazy and sees he can fill places all over the world without lifting a finger on anything new.

LOL.

So playing 159 shows with GN'R plus shows with AC/DC within less then three years is now lazy.

The rest of your misguided post is just more of the usual negative crap about the past that you like to tell yourself.

Where's the motivation to get out there and create? 

Why do you need to ask since you know the man so well?

Was that the latest vocals he laid down?  For songs already written, sometimes YEARS before?

He recorded vocals last year.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6934 on: August 20, 2019, 08:02:16 AM »

He has full buildings anywhere he wants and generally good press.  Where's the motivation to get out there and create?  A trait he has not had since..what, 2007?  Was that the latest vocals he laid down?  For songs already written, sometimes YEARS before?

Did you see the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

What was it that Freddy said, as they got back together, after trying to go solo?

Paraphrasing here, but:

"I got the worlds best musicians together, got them all in a room, and told them what to do. Do you know what the problem was?"

"They did it."

I suspect there is at least a bit of that, here.  Not entirely.  Certainly not to that extent.

But I do think they all make each other better.  I think there is a certain amount of competitiveness and oneupsmanship that gets pulled out when these guys get together.  And I think they all inspire each other to create.

We'll see, I guess. But in THIS case, I'm not sure the "past is prologue" assumption is apt.  I think Axl/DC and then literally getting the band back together might very well have lit a fire under all of them, especially considering how well the tours have gone not just in terms of the dolla dolla bills, but the fact they've all been able to get along quite nicely.

Again, we'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6935 on: August 20, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »

So playing 159 shows with GN'R plus shows with AC/DC within less then three years is now lazy.

No, that's touring.  Completely different from what I am talking about, which is creating in the studio. 

Which you know full well, but want to feign confusion for some reason.  Presumably because it's easier to try and mix and match arguments and try and get the conversational misdirection than to even attempt to refute that which cannot be refuted.

Ah...I've missed this.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6936 on: August 20, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »

But in THIS case, I'm not sure the "past is prologue" assumption is apt.  I think Axl/DC and then literally getting the band back together might very well have lit a fire under all of them, especially considering how well the tours have gone not just in terms of the dolla dolla bills, but the fact they've all been able to get along quite nicely.

Again, we'll see.

Yeah, maybe.

He obviously lost his fire and pretty much all interest trying to create with the non-Slash/Duff line-ups.  Perhaps being with them now re-ignites that. 

Not betting any amount of money that means anything to me on that premise, of course.  But I concede it can't be ruled out.

I think the band onstage in from 2016 to present is tight.  They are very cohesive and seem to be having fun up there.  Would love to see what that colletion of people might do creatively in the here and now.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6937 on: August 20, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »

No, that's touring.  Completely different from what I am talking about, which is creating in the studio. 

Which you know full well, but want to feign confusion for some reason.  Presumably because it's easier to try and mix and match arguments and try and get the conversational misdirection than to even attempt to refute that which cannot be refuted.

Ah...I've missed this.

Oh, so by your logic if you're not there to witness someone working in the studio, it didn't happen...

He recorded vocals last year. It's a known fact. Smiley

You just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your alternative reality.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6938 on: August 20, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »

Oh, so by your logic if you're not there to witness someone working in the studio, it didn't happen...

Then I look forward to hearing them.  Until then, it's just words on a screen.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6939 on: August 20, 2019, 10:19:43 AM »

Then I look forward to hearing them.  Until then, it's just words on a screen.

Unlike you, I can provide proof.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDGvoL4woE

And you're welcome.  ok

... Excuse that it doesn't count coming in 10, 9, 8......

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: