Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:48:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563762 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6940 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »

[/quote]

Unlike you, I can provide proof.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDGvoL4woE

And you're welcome.  ok

... Excuse that it doesn't count coming in 10, 9, 8......

/jarmo

[/quote]

Fucker  Cheesy 

Thought I missed something for a moment there.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6941 on: August 20, 2019, 12:02:55 PM »

Oh, so by your logic if you're not there to witness someone working in the studio, it didn't happen...

He recorded vocals last year. It's a known fact. Smiley

You just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your alternative reality.

Then I look forward to hearing them.  Until then, it's just words on a screen.

Unlike you, I can provide proof.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDGvoL4woE

And you're welcome.  ok

... Excuse that it doesn't count coming in 10, 9, 8......

/jarmo

By that logic, he's also acted in a feature film...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reht9tVgysM

But seriously, I don't put new music outside the realm of possibilities. Slash mentions it in nearly every interview that the plan is to record "something" after the next handful of tour dates. If nothing materializes after that, we'll know that was a bunch of hot air.  We also know he did "something" in Axl's studio earlier this year. What that was is anyone's guess. But where there's smoke, there tends to be fire.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6942 on: August 20, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »

Did he seriously just post the Looney Tunes clip?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6943 on: August 20, 2019, 12:29:48 PM »

He did.  hihi

But I digress, the recent Atlas & Hardschool clips show us that there's plenty of great stuff in the vault that they can dust off. I'm cautiously optimistic.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:32:06 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6944 on: August 20, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »

He did.  hihi

But I digress, the recent Atlas & Hardschool clips show us that there's plenty of great stuff in the vault that they can dust off. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Wait...the what, now?

And just for the record, I rather liked 'Rock The Rock'.  He sounded good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6945 on: August 20, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »

You're the one whining about Axl not "creating in the studio" so I posted evidence of him doing just that last year. You're welcome.  ok

It's ok to admit that you really have no idea about what Axl does and/or thinks. It's fine. You like his music, doesn't make you an expert. Nobody's gonna think any less of you just because you've been proven wrong multiple times regarding Axl and GN'R. It's life. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6946 on: August 21, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »

So discussion of unreleased tracks is not allowed. Makes sense.  Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6947 on: August 21, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

You're the one whining about Axl not "creating in the studio" so I posted evidence of him doing just that last year. You're welcome.  ok

It's ok to admit that you really have no idea about what Axl does and/or thinks. It's fine. You like his music, doesn't make you an expert. Nobody's gonna think any less of you just because you've been proven wrong multiple times regarding Axl and GN'R. It's life. Smiley

Yeah, this was a good showing for you, clearly.

Pay no mind to all that snickering and eye rolling.  Totally not about you.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6948 on: August 21, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »

Don't worry. I don't.
Got no need to try impress anybody. Smiley

And unlike you, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it..... Got no problem with that at all.

The fact remains. You don't know what Axl's done between the shows last year, or between the last show in Honolulu and now.
You make all kinds of claims based on nothing.

You assume that since no one told you, nothing could have happened. The rest of us have a different attitude. We know that they never were the kind of band that tells the fans everything. So, even without social media updates, there's always a possibility that things have happened, yes, even without us knowing. Cheesy

The only thing we know is that Duff and Slash have been playing solo shows between the last show in Honolulu and now. Other than that,we really don't have an idea. No matter what some like to think.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6949 on: August 21, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »

Of course we don’t know anything, we’re not Axl’s friend or Slash’s or Duff’s. So yeah, we come here so we can speculate with other crazy fans, since you probably won’t be doing it with your coworkers or family. I don’t see where the problem is. We all have been reading and seeing all kinds of stuff for a a hundred years, so yes, we have opinions, tastes and different perceptions on what they say/do whether it’s positive or negative. I think that’s pretty basic and everyone is allowed to do so.

Regarding Axl not creating anything for so long with the CD band, I think the problem was...the CD band, which was like a wedding band IMO, not GNR. I went to see the Rock in Rio show in 2001 and that was enough for me. I think that Axl wanted it to work but I don’t think he ever felt it was right, although he’ll probably never say that. Now They seem pretty happy and getting along very well, so I guess they’re also excited to do new music, but won’t be giving us the details of the process as usual - and I like that.

It doesn’t matter for me if Axl wrote the song 10 years ago. If it wasn’t released, it’s a new song. And I’ sure they will all contribute to the material. Of course maybe they could go to the studio and the whole thing just doesn’t work, which would be really sad.

They can still play shows without new material, but that’s not what I personally would like to see. And since the tour finished a while ago, maybe they are are doing the next shows to get their mojo back as they work on new material
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #6950 on: August 22, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »

Don't worry. I don't.
Got no need to try impress anybody. Smiley

And unlike you, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it..... Got no problem with that at all.

The fact remains. You don't know what Axl's done between the shows last year, or between the last show in Honolulu and now.
You make all kinds of claims based on nothing.

You assume that since no one told you, nothing could have happened. The rest of us have a different attitude. We know that they never were the kind of band that tells the fans everything. So, even without social media updates, there's always a possibility that things have happened, yes, even without us knowing. Cheesy

The only thing we know is that Duff and Slash have been playing solo shows between the last show in Honolulu and now. Other than that,we really don't have an idea. No matter what some like to think.

/jarmo

The only thing we know is that GnR haven't released any new material since 2008 yet they have been active with various line ups since that time ,so it isn't much of a shock that fans have grievances about such a long gap between album's.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6951 on: August 22, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »

Who knows what is going on....but I still maintain it would actually be quite unrealistic to expect new material right now.

We KNOW that Slash/Duff have been touring, and we've not heard any rumours about them being in a studio together (this isn't to say it hasn't happened of course...) other than that incident with Slash's amp. I'm of the view that new material is going to take time; as it does even for bands who have long careers of working together without personal issues. let alone a group of people with the past history that GNR do. I'd be very surprised if the band, as it is now, could leap into a studio and instantly record something they all like and get it out there so quickly - even if it's reworkings of old unreleased material. The creative/collaborative process can (and often is) a long-winded and sometimes arduous affair.

We obviously don't know what is going on, but I think a sense of realism has to take hold somewhat. The clocks were all reset with NITL, and I don't think we've seen enough time elapse to honestly expect brand new material yet, whether we like that or not....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6952 on: August 22, 2019, 10:50:38 AM »

Of course we don’t know anything, we’re not Axl’s friend or Slash’s or Duff’s. So yeah, we come here so we can speculate with other crazy fans, since you probably won’t be doing it with your coworkers or family. I don’t see where the problem is. We all have been reading and seeing all kinds of stuff for a a hundred years, so yes, we have opinions, tastes and different perceptions on what they say/do whether it’s positive or negative. I think that’s pretty basic and everyone is allowed to do so.

Of course you can have differing opinions. But you gotta be able to back up your opinion(s). That's basically a discussion.

But some don't want to. They just want to state inaccuracies as facts because they believe so. Tastes differ and be discussed, but at the end it's down to personal preferences. Facts are facts. They don't change depending on who posts.

The only thing we know is that GnR haven't released any new material since 2008 yet they have been active with various line ups since that time ,so it isn't much of a shock that fans have grievances about such a long gap between album's.

Sure. You can be upset about it until the cows come home. Your choice.

I have a hard time accepting people's assumptions as facts though. For example, if a band member says something relating to new music, it's interpreted as being a lie.

Who knows what is going on....but I still maintain it would actually be quite unrealistic to expect new material right now.

We KNOW that Slash/Duff have been touring, and we've not heard any rumours about them being in a studio together (this isn't to say it hasn't happened of course...) other than that incident with Slash's amp. I'm of the view that new material is going to take time; as it does even for bands who have long careers of working together without personal issues. let alone a group of people with the past history that GNR do. I'd be very surprised if the band, as it is now, could leap into a studio and instantly record something they all like and get it out there so quickly - even if it's reworkings of old unreleased material. The creative/collaborative process can (and often is) a long-winded and sometimes arduous affair.

We obviously don't know what is going on, but I think a sense of realism has to take hold somewhat. The clocks were all reset with NITL, and I don't think we've seen enough time elapse to honestly expect brand new material yet, whether we like that or not....

I know what the band members have said.

Unrealistic in what time frame?

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6953 on: August 22, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »

Of course you can have differing opinions. But you gotta be able to back up your opinion(s). That's basically a discussion.

But some don't want to. They just want to state inaccuracies as facts because they believe so. Tastes differ and be discussed, but at the end it's down to personal preferences. Facts are facts. They don't change depending on who posts.

Sure. You can be upset about it until the cows come home. Your choice.

I have a hard time accepting people's assumptions as facts though. For example, if a band member says something relating to new music, it's interpreted as being a lie.

I know what the band members have said.

Unrealistic in what time frame?

/jarmo

In the 'new music is imminent' time frame really (i.e. will be played on the next batch of dates and released very shortly). I think it's not been long enough since the start of NITL to now, when you take into account the time spent on the road, for anything major to have happened. I find it surprising that people think a new album could be just around the corner really.

That isn't to say I don't think it will ever happen though of course.......just not right now.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6954 on: August 22, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »

In the 'new music is imminent' time frame really (i.e. will be played on the next batch of dates and released very shortly). I think it's not been long enough since the start of NITL to now, when you take into account the time spent on the road, for anything major to have happened. I find it surprising that people think a new album could be just around the corner really.

That isn't to say I don't think it will ever happen though of course.......just not right now.

There's a little "contradiction" in your post though. New music doesn't have to mean an album. Right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some assume they mean the same thing. That when GN'R releases new music it will be an album.

I just keep en open mind. In the past, we got new music on a compilation album (Civil War), a movie (You Could Be Mine), a video game (Shackler's Revenge).....
Depending on what you're waiting for, your outlook might differ.

But without knowing what the plans are at the moment, we only know that there's a little tour coming up next month. After that, let's see! Slash and Duff will be done with their solo tours by then I assume.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6955 on: August 22, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »

There's a little "contradiction" in your post though. New music doesn't have to mean an album. Right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some assume they mean the same thing. That when GN'R releases new music it will be an album.

I just keep en open mind. In the past, we got new music on a compilation album (Civil War), a movie (You Could Be Mine), a video game (Shackler's Revenge).....
Depending on what you're waiting for, your outlook might differ.

But without knowing what the plans are at the moment, we only know that there's a little tour coming up next month. After that, let's see! Slash and Duff will be done with their solo tours by then I assume.

/jarmo

That's true- I am thinking in terms of am album, which is perhaps restrictive. I think that's because I've always seen them as an 'albums' band. I try to keep an open mind on it too...so in that sense I'm less 'waiting' mkre 'hoping'.

I'd love to see a release consisting of all the material that didn't make CD. I know I'm probably in the minority with that, but I have as much, if not more, interest in that as 'new' material...

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6956 on: August 22, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »

100% agree. 

I remember making this exact same point when people were expecting them to get right to work as soon as the tour ended.  Tours are a bitch.  All that travel, all that energy expounded.  You need time to decompress.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6957 on: August 23, 2019, 05:14:57 AM »

I'd love to see a release consisting of all the material that didn't make CD. I know I'm probably in the minority with that, but I have as much, if not more, interest in that as 'new' material...

As far as I remember, Duff has mentioned the fact that Axl has songs they could work on. I assume at least some of those would be from that era.

Personally I think a great song is a great song. Doesn't matter when it was written or when the song started. Wouldn't matter if it's something that was originally intended for the album after Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6958 on: August 23, 2019, 04:30:18 PM »

As far as I remember, Duff has mentioned the fact that Axl has songs they could work on. I assume at least some of those would be from that era.

Personally I think a great song is a great song. Doesn't matter when it was written or when the song started. Wouldn't matter if it's something that was originally intended for the album after Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

This is where we're in complete agreement. I have no problem whatsoever when tracks were written or by whom, so long as they're good. And If Slash and Duff record on them it can only elevate the final productions. Not to mention, we've known forever that Axl set aside "A level" tracks for subsequent album(s) that for whatever reason never happened.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6959 on: August 23, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »

Not to mention, we've known forever that Axl set aside "A level" tracks for subsequent album(s) that for whatever reason never happened.

The band took a different path, so that plan didn't materialize. And here we are..... Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: