Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558766 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6960 on: August 23, 2019, 04:38:49 PM »

Not to mention, we've known forever that Axl set aside "A level" tracks for subsequent album(s) that for whatever reason never happened.

The band took a different path, so that plan didn't materialize. And here we are..... Smiley

/jarmo

Exactly.  Which is why I don't mind that the next album and/or E.P. features tracks from that era, as Axl was in a very cool place creatively during that time and I'd love to hear what Slash could do with that stuff.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #6961 on: September 03, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »

I read a story this week that talked about GNR's management is taking proactive steps to stop any material from being released prematurely. If that's the case, then maybe there is indeed some call for future album speculation! Who knows if it's real or not, but if the management is indeed looking to stop stuff from getting out, that does tell us that an album is in the works.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6962 on: September 03, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »

I read a story this week that talked about GNR's management is taking proactive steps to stop any material from being released prematurely. If that's the case, then maybe there is indeed some call for future album speculation! Who knows if it's real or not, but if the management is indeed looking to stop stuff from getting out, that does tell us that an album is in the works.

Well, based on the info on the other boards, I think that horse is well out of the barn.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6963 on: September 03, 2019, 02:44:22 PM »

the credits for the next album will be a booklet of 12 pages

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6964 on: September 03, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »

Well, based on the info on the other boards, I think that horse is well out of the barn.

Depends on what's planned for the next album as far as the tracklist goes. If those Geffen CDs that were pictured are real, if they have any plans to put out tracks that were initially recorded during the Chi Dem era, they should probably act fast before it's all leaked.  I suppose there could be enough unknown tracks "in the can" that they're recording on that the current situation won't affect what's planned.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6965 on: September 04, 2019, 12:24:03 AM »

Or they're just trying to stop leaks as they always have...

Depends on what's planned for the next album as far as the tracklist goes. If those Geffen CDs that were pictured are real, if they have any plans to put out tracks that were initially recorded during the Chi Dem era, they should probably act fast before it's all leaked.  I suppose there could be enough unknown tracks "in the can" that they're recording on that the current situation won't affect what's planned.

Geffen CD pictures?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6966 on: September 04, 2019, 09:58:18 AM »

Geffen CD pictures?

Somehow someone got ahold of Tom Zutaut's CDs from 2001 that he sent to and kept at Geffen. They contain most of the Roy Thomas Baker & Sean Beaven produced tracks,  including many unreleased tracks, and they have been slowly leaking it over the past month.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #6967 on: September 04, 2019, 10:53:47 AM »

In that case, perhaps my hopes are dashed ...

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6968 on: September 04, 2019, 04:30:42 PM »

Looks like a new GNR song will come out on the new Terminator movie. Hopefully the new song will be the General.

Rizzo160
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6969 on: September 04, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »

Looks like a new GNR song will come out on the new Terminator movie. Hopefully the new song will be the General.

Yep. The trades have picked it up now as well, they're reporting it everywhere.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6970 on: September 04, 2019, 06:47:39 PM »

....and it's all coming from a very clickbait GNR site that gets its 'stories' from, yep, rumours and speculation on fan forums!

Come on folks, how many times have we been here before over the years with various 'reports'? The Terminator rumour alone has been rearing it's head at every single Terminator film released since T2!

These stories just go round and round!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6971 on: September 04, 2019, 08:06:47 PM »

Yeah, I'm seeing this reported all over, now.  Pretty excited and I hope it's true!! 

Can't wait to hear it, and can't wait for a new GnR single!!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6972 on: September 04, 2019, 09:00:08 PM »

LOL, Slash looks perfectly sober here!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6973 on: September 05, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »

What song do you think it will be...the general

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6974 on: September 06, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »

What song do you think it will be...the general

I don't think it will be any. The story is seemingly based on nothing.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
eduardo'GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #6975 on: September 07, 2019, 01:14:24 PM »

Will next album feature atlas shrugged? That misteruous song no one of us has ever heard?
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6976 on: September 08, 2019, 12:42:00 PM »

I think it will...has been leaked

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6977 on: September 08, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »

....and it's all coming from a very clickbait GNR site that gets its 'stories' from, yep, rumours and speculation on fan forums!

Come on folks, how many times have we been here before over the years with various 'reports'? The Terminator rumour alone has been rearing it's head at every single Terminator film released since T2!

These rumors were never based before. Additionally, the key difference is that Cameron, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold are back together doing this movie. This hasn't happened since 1991. Cameron has stated that this Terminator movie is a direct sequel to T2. He wanted to bring back the magic of T2. GNR was part of what made that movie great. Arnold is a huge GNR fan as well. So that's why you have these rumors.

I think you'll hear a new GNR song.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6978 on: September 08, 2019, 03:01:46 PM »

These rumors were never based before. Additionally, the key difference is that Cameron, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold are back together doing this movie. This hasn't happened since 1991. Cameron has stated that this Terminator movie is a direct sequel to T2. He wanted to bring back the magic of T2. GNR was part of what made that movie great. Arnold is a huge GNR fan as well. So that's why you have these rumors.

I think you'll hear a new GNR song.

They aren't based on anything now though, other than speculation from forums that have been turned into clickbait articles.

If there was a new GNR song involved it would have featured in the trailer.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6979 on: September 09, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »

They used "if the world" in the movie body of lies a few years back and I don't think that was in the trailer but at the end credits. So if a song were to make it into the movie they could easily put it in to start the movie, end the movie or be in the movie somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: