Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560085 times)
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6980 on: September 21, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

Slash spoke to Eddie Trunk about the new album, that they expect to release a full new album eventually, but he also said that there’s many possibilities to release music today, so maybe they can do something different. He also confirms that they have been working together on new material when they are in LA. So, since Axl already had material and Slash and Duff are very prolific, I would say that anything is possible regarding new music. He mentioned that there will be changes on the setlist, they are working on something, but didn’t want to elaborate, of course, but said the Terminator thing is not true, which we don’t necessarily believe.

If anyone is interested you can hear the interview on the latest episode of the podcast.
THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6981 on: September 21, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »

what shall that mean?
what other possibilities are avaible to release music?

are they planing to release a four hour cut of the LA performance? To underline that GN'R is the best band existing?
They can edit the lyrics like in AFDemocracy but how to edit the stage appearence of Axl?

I still think a normal CD release would be the cleverest alternative instead!
Think what hype made the Shadow Of Your Love drop, even proper into deep fans like a friend of mine thought this is a new single-

€: I read on Bild.de few years back how the crowd was exited to hear SOYL, Axl didnt screamed...

On spotify GNR are reputated like God's, why not feed the common consumer? layin' back to the old stuff released is givin some constance,

A GN'R BlueRaydrop wouldn't be offensive while ashaming MidOld bands because of the lenght of the show (like showing how great they are without risking a flop into spotify mechanic).

I think Its somehow a wonder that its back cool to hear GN'R in the Rita Ora generation,

Axl got new teeth and new hair (I am very envyfull because of that)-
why risk a new VMA or Rio or CD?

I think playin the old stuff while implentating 2000's-2015's creations is some way to push the origin releases.
Coming back to your laptop from a concert and believe you heared the AFD remastered for real is an accpetable psychology.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:31:18 PM by THeRoCK2 » Logged

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WE DO!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6982 on: September 26, 2019, 02:18:31 PM »

Fernando (GNR's manager) confirmed on Reddit the next album will drop "within the next 6 months". Reddit mods confirmed that this was, in fact, Fernando and not some imposter.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6983 on: September 26, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »

Fernando (GNR's manager) confirmed on Reddit the next album will drop "within the next 6 months". Reddit mods confirmed that this was, in fact, Fernando and not some imposter.

Don't you get our hopes up like that...  nervous

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6984 on: September 26, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »

That would, obviously, be awesome...I did not see where it was confirmed it was actually him.  Larger question:  of all the stuff that has been "released" recently (I'm not cool enough online to actually have listened to any of it) how much of it is completed songs with vocals?  My understanding is that it's a mish-mash of instrumental songs, and some songs with vocals.  Maybe that's all that's in the vault...a collection of incomplete songs (and hence, why they're still in the vault).  
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #6985 on: September 26, 2019, 03:24:45 PM »

I'll see if i can track down Fernando in JAX monday or tuesday and get confirmation  smoking smoking smoking smoking beer beer beer beer

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6986 on: September 26, 2019, 03:35:38 PM »

That would, obviously, be awesome...I did not see where it was confirmed it was actually him.  Larger question:  of all the stuff that has been "released" recently (I'm not cool enough online to actually have listened to any of it) how much of it is completed songs with vocals?  My understanding is that it's a mish-mash of instrumental songs, and some songs with vocals.  Maybe that's all that's in the vault...a collection of incomplete songs (and hence, why they're still in the vault).  

It was definitely Fernando. They talked about a lot of things, that was just one of the things that he told one of the posters.

It seemed like something he just was throwing out there "off the cuff" and not necessarily looking to make some kind of grand announcement. Wouldn't be surprised if he (they) somehow dial it back now.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6987 on: September 26, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »

It was definitely Fernando. They talked about a lot of things, that was just one of the things that he told one of the posters.

It seemed like something he just was throwing out there "off the cuff" and not necessarily looking to make some kind of grand announcement. Wouldn't be surprised if he (they) somehow dial it back now.

Got it.  That makes sense (an off the cuff remark).  Otherwise, kind of a weird place to make an announcement.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6988 on: September 26, 2019, 04:30:11 PM »

Given that Tool's album hit #1 overall, can we get rid of the notion that rock doesn't sell?  The NITL tour definitely sells...and so would a new album.  Here's to hoping we hear new music "soon".  beer
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6989 on: September 26, 2019, 04:33:29 PM »

Given that Tool's album hit #1 overall, can we get rid of the notion that rock doesn't sell?  The NITL tour definitely sells...and so would a new album.  Here's to hoping we hear new music "soon".  beer

Yeah, it would be huge, especially if they lean heavily on the "first original Axl/Slash/Duff collaboration in 28 years" angle, similar to the way they sold the NITL tour. Would be bananas.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6990 on: September 27, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »

I'm convinced it's a fake personally. It throws up all the 'warning signals' to me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6991 on: September 27, 2019, 03:53:19 PM »

Yeah, it would be huge, especially if they lean heavily on the "first original Axl/Slash/Duff collaboration in 28 years" angle, similar to the way they sold the NITL tour. Would be bananas.

No doubt.  You would not even need to do any promo, other than stating what you wrote above.  No interviews, press conferences, etc...and it would still kill.  So close, yet so far away.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #6992 on: September 27, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »

Not to be an ass, but did someone who has a non-Reddit way of reaching Fernando contact him and get confirmation that was him? Is that him?

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6993 on: September 30, 2019, 05:59:52 PM »

Not to be an ass, but did someone who has a non-Reddit way of reaching Fernando contact him and get confirmation that was him? Is that him?

Ali

As of today, it's been confirmed on a few levels that it was Fernando. What isn't confirmed is whether they can realistically deliver an album within that 6 month time frame he mentioned. 6 months to GNR is like a week to any other functioning band. As always, time will tell.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6994 on: October 01, 2019, 06:30:25 AM »

Ali

As of today, it's been confirmed on a few levels that it was Fernando. What isn't confirmed is whether they can realistically deliver an album within that 6 month time frame he mentioned. 6 months to GNR is like a week to any other functioning band. As always, time will tell.

Has it actually been confirmed?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6995 on: October 01, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »

Ali

Well, I mean, The President hasn't commented on it yet, but yeah, it has.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6996 on: October 01, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »

Ali

Well, I mean, The President hasn't commented on it yet, but yeah, it has.

If The President had I'd assume it was a lie!

How has it been confirmed? I'm intrigued, as so far the jury seems to be out, with a lack of comment being taken as a confirmation as far as I was aware.....

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6997 on: October 01, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »

nice! peace peace
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #6998 on: October 01, 2019, 01:03:26 PM »

Ali

Thanks. I understand. If anything, it's just further confirmation that they are indeed working on a new record.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6999 on: October 01, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »

I take with a mountain of salt, as should you all.

But, call it devil's advocate or whatever, Axl doesn't have a lot of options.  He has shown for 20 years he is quite content to sit in the mansion, give no fucks, and just crank out a tour every few years.  Not really how Slash and Duff roll.  They need to create and be doing stuff.

I can only speculate, because when can you not with this band, but one has to wonder if this was made clear when they patched it up.  That if Slash and Duff were going to do this, they were going make a real go of it.  Try to be an actual band.  Not just a greatest hits touring band.

All I know is that from pretty much night 1 of this relaunch, all the way back at the Troubadour, Axl seems happier than I have ever seen him.  Has not been one tantrum, one rant, nothing like that.  Perhaps he feels less pressure with 2 of his boys back and it is the kick in the ass he needs.  One that was never going to come from the DJ Ashbas and Ron Thals of the world.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: