Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:58:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560000 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7060 on: December 13, 2019, 11:22:39 AM »

Dream scenario: Hard School drops tomorrow (or right before Christmas), along with a March album- and full tour announcement.

Hell yeah. C'mon GNR...Do it already!!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7061 on: December 13, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »

SPOILER ALERT - The new album is called...THE NEXT CHAPTER 😱

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7062 on: December 16, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »

My wholly unsubstantiated guess:

We get news on a new album, and a single, within the next 6 weeks.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7063 on: December 16, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »

The Super Bowl looks a good opportunity to promote a new song and new ventures. I don't know if that is what's planned.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7064 on: December 16, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »

The Super Bowl looks a good opportunity to promote a new song and new ventures. I don't know if that is what's planned.

If a new album is really coming in March, then that would be a perfect time to kick things off.  Not holding my breath, but it would be smart.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7065 on: December 16, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »

Excited about European dates, have my Dublin ticket. Hopeful for a new album or even a new song. Laughing my arse off at the shite Santa video. Do fans really need that crap? Anyway good things are gonna happen in 2020.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7066 on: December 16, 2019, 11:53:30 PM »

Interesting stuff. "An all new show" could easily be interpreted as a different setlist, stage setup etc, however, "The Next Chapter" ... not so much. Realistically, I'm expecting a new tune like Hardschool in the set (seeing as it was an alt on the last leg of NITL), maybe one or two others. Probably not any news on the album though until after the shows are over.

Regardless, I am keeping occupied with other things in life. When an announcement comes, I will be as excited as anyone. Until then, I treat it like the next Grand Theft Auto game; forget it exists until I am surprised by an announcement.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7067 on: December 17, 2019, 12:15:28 PM »

If the plan is to drop an album in March, we should get single dropped sometime in January.  I keep saying this next month is going to be extremely telling.  If the radio silence continues leading up to the upcoming dates, it's safe to say nothing's coming in the foreseeable future.  Keep your fingers crossed.  At this point, for better or worse, the element of surprise is all we have left.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7068 on: December 17, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »

If the plan is to drop an album in March, we should get single dropped sometime in January.  I keep saying this next month is going to be extremely telling.  If the radio silence continues leading up to the upcoming dates, it's safe to say nothing's coming in the foreseeable future.  Keep your fingers crossed.  At this point, for better or worse, the element of surprise is all we have left.

Not necessarily.

It's 2019. There's all kinds of possibilities.

A single isn't a guarantee, and vice versa. I mean, you can release new music without a single.  You can also release new music without an album!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7069 on: December 17, 2019, 12:55:48 PM »

Not necessarily.

A single isn't a guarantee, and vice versa. I mean, you can release new music without a single.  You can also release new music without an album!

/jarmo

Honestly, I kind of hope they do just drop it out of the blue in March.  Can you imagine 12 or more GNR tracks with Axl, Slash & Duff that you've never heard before all at once?  It's almost overwhelming. Beyonce and Dr. Dre did something similar in recent years.  If the label's being supportive I suppose anything is possible. 

It all depends on what magic is happening behind the scenes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7070 on: December 17, 2019, 01:25:48 PM »

Not necessarily.

/jarmo

How Huh 

Is New Year's Eve rehearsal show one of those possibilities?  Only one that comes to mind.  It was great.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7071 on: December 17, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »

Not necessarily.

Jack squat is also a possibility.  But heaven forbid we ever suggest that, right?

Heart tells me a new album, given some of the talk and the signs.  Head tells me more touring dates with a setlist everyone of us could write out right now.

The latter is hardly a bad thing.  But lamenting the lack of the former doesn't make you a villain either.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7072 on: December 17, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »

Honestly, I kind of hope they do just drop it out of the blue in March.  Can you imagine 12 or more GNR tracks with Axl, Slash & Duff that you've never heard before all at once?  It's almost overwhelming. Beyonce and Dr. Dre did something similar in recent years.  If the label's being supportive I suppose anything is possible.  

It all depends on what magic is happening behind the scenes.

Agreed, not bad precedents there.

I follow all things Dr. Dre and 'Compton' caught me totally by surprise.  And while it doesn't quite stack up with 'The Chronic' or '2001', I'm still glad it happened.  And still gave me a few new songs I really dig.

End of the day, that's all I want.  I don't need AFD II or UYI III.  Just give me a new album with a few new songs I did.  

Life is only as complicated as you make it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7073 on: December 17, 2019, 01:34:10 PM »

Not necessarily.

Jack squat is also a possibility.  But heaven forbid we ever suggest that, right?

Heart tells me a new album, given some of the talk and the signs.  Head tells me more touring dates with a setlist everyone of us could write out right now.

The latter is hardly a bad thing.  But lamenting the lack of the former doesn't make you a villain either.

Honestly, Jarmo's continued optimism about an album in March is the only thing keeping me from disregarding it outright.  He tours with the band, probably checks in with Fernando from time to time, etc. If he think's plans haven't deviated from Fernando's "within the next six moths" comment from a couple months back, I'll bite.  For now at least.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7074 on: December 17, 2019, 01:35:53 PM »

Honestly, Jarmo's continued optimism about an album in March is the only thing keeping me from disregarding it outright.  He tours with the band, probably checks in with Fernando from time to time, etc. If he think's plans haven't deviated from Fernando's "within the next six moths" comment from a couple months back, I'll bite.  For now at least.

For me, it's Fernando's quote. 

There has to be just about zero chance he would pop off like that on his own.  He'd be beaten with reeds.

I have been encouraged since I heard that, since it was so out of left field and said with such apparent sureness.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7075 on: December 17, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »

For me, it's Fernando's quote. 

There has to be just about zero chance he would pop off like that on his own.  He'd be beaten with reeds.

I have been encouraged since I heard that, since it was so out of left field and said with such apparent sureness.

That Super Bowl gig also has me wondering.  Axl hasn't given a shit about gunning for high profile, promotional events, like this.  Lots of cameras and buzz around that. Certainly was the case when Metallica did it a couple years back. Would be a great time to bring the focus on "something" new.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7076 on: December 17, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »

That Super Bowl gig also has me wondering.  Axl hasn't given a shit about gunning for high profile, promotional events, like this.  Lots of cameras and buzz around that. Certainly was the case when Metallica did it a couple years back. Would be a great time to bring the focus on "something" new.

Same here.

Had a buddy ask me about it and if it meant anything.  I told him it's the kind of move a band that actually acts like a viable commercial enterprise would make.  After we both chuckled on that, we did kind of agree that it might actually be the case.

It's as optimistic a time to be a GNR fan than it has been in some time.  It's pretty cool.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7077 on: December 17, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »

That Super Bowl gig also has me wondering.  Axl hasn't given a shit about gunning for high profile, promotional events, like this.  Lots of cameras and buzz around that. Certainly was the case when Metallica did it a couple years back. Would be a great time to bring the focus on "something" new.

Same here.

Had a buddy ask me about it and if it meant anything.  I told him it's the kind of move a band that actually acts like a viable commercial enterprise would make.  After we both chuckled on that, we did kind of agree that it might actually be the case.

It's as optimistic a time to be a GNR fan than it has been in some time.  It's pretty cool.

Absolutely!  I feel silly hoping for a "surprise" release of some kind after living through the fall of 2006, but in fairness, it's a different ballgame now both in terms of the timing and what this band is now vs then.  The more "guerilla" the release, the better for combating leaks in 2020. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7078 on: December 17, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »

Also encouraged by the use of the term "The Next Chapter".

Might not mean a thing.  But one does wonder.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7079 on: December 17, 2019, 02:45:23 PM »

How Huh 

Is New Year's Eve rehearsal show one of those possibilities?  Only one that comes to mind.  It was great.

The possibilities I meant are all about how music is released.

You don't need to put out a single, and then an album and more singles. That's how it used to be.

Nowadays you can do things differently. If you want.

Depends what your time frame is!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: