Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549320 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7160 on: January 09, 2020, 05:01:39 PM »

Everything is clinical. Fernando is allying himself to Universal and Livenation on his Instagram, so support is there for everything. I don't see Jarmo putting anyone off here anything that has been said historically in interviews or on Reddit about a new album. The band now have mouthpieces in Duff and Slash to talk in interviews. There are tour dates for the year, mini world tour style which will probably see N America and then Oz come next, and the next chapter thing on the press releases and the references to NITL as a past event.

Unless Jarmo is wanting to put me off, I don't see any reason to not believe there will not be some new material this year.

Honestly, Jarmo's optimism towards new music soon is the only thing keeping me hanging on.  The band's been radio silent on that front since the last tour leg wrapped, but maybe that's a good thing.

Exactly, and the band were not radio silent before the last tour leg wrapped up, there were a lot of interviews. So  beer
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7161 on: January 09, 2020, 05:07:05 PM »

Everything is clinical. Fernando is allying himself to Universal and Livenation on his Instagram, so support is there for everything. I don't see Jarmo putting anyone off here anything that has been said historically in interviews or on Reddit about a new album. The band now have mouthpieces in Duff and Slash to talk in interviews. There are tour dates for the year, mini world tour style which will probably see N America and then Oz come next, and the next chapter thing on the press releases and the references to NITL as a past event.

Unless Jarmo is wanting to put me off, I don't see any reason to not believe there will not be some new material this year.

Honestly, Jarmo's optimism towards new music soon is the only thing keeping me hanging on.  The band's been radio silent on that front since the last tour leg wrapped, but maybe that's a good thing.

Exactly, and the band were not radio silent before the last tour leg wrapped up, there were a lot of interviews. So  beer

I keep wondering what that Miami show means.  Could be a great way to kick off promotion riding the waves of SB weekend.  Gonna be a long 3 weeks leading up to that!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7162 on: January 09, 2020, 05:13:29 PM »

I keep wondering what that Miami show means.  Could be a great way to kick off promotion riding the waves of SB weekend.  Gonna be a long 3 weeks leading up to that!

It could be the band just getting back together again, or something else.

Like I said, it all comes across as very organised, there's a plan in place, Uni are better now, not the struggle of back in the day, and Lnation are masters, so if it doesn't start with the Super Bowl, do not be disheartened. Go with the flow and see where it leads.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7163 on: January 10, 2020, 03:27:08 AM »

It's January 10th, as far as I know, nothing has changed regarding 2020.

Not sure why some seem disheartened after seeing a social media update not meaning what they thought it meant.

Instead of focusing on that, remember that, as of now,  the upcoming tours aren't labeled as Not In This Lifetime. That surely must mean something?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7164 on: January 10, 2020, 04:00:10 AM »

And Slash said in interviews that the band will be focussing on the new album after the tour in October and he has not been out there doing anything else.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7165 on: January 10, 2020, 10:50:36 AM »

It's January 10th, as far as I know, nothing has changed regarding 2020.

Not sure why some seem disheartened after seeing a social media update not meaning what they thought it meant.

Instead of focusing on that, remember that, as of now,  the upcoming tours aren't labeled as Not In This Lifetime. That surely must mean something?

/jarmo

Well that's certainly good news! Has me wondering whether they're going to go for a full on surprise release, or if a single will lead the way, perhaps sometime this month. Exciting nonetheless.

beer
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7166 on: January 10, 2020, 11:14:23 AM »

And Slash said in interviews that the band will be focussing on the new album after the tour in October and he has not been out there doing anything else.

Thats what gives me a feeling there is something brewing! Duff also talked about the band being in a positive stage when  it was asked about new music.   ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7167 on: January 10, 2020, 12:27:35 PM »

I can't believe we're close to hearing Slash play on The General.  Talk about things I never thought would happen.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7168 on: January 10, 2020, 06:32:14 PM »

I wonder how many of the songs leaked in past couple of months will be on the new album?

Rizzo160
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7169 on: January 10, 2020, 06:44:49 PM »

This does feel different compared to all the other times we were thinking new music was on the horizon. ( Slash & Duff being the new element to the equation. )  

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7170 on: January 10, 2020, 07:24:50 PM »

Im getting a bit optimistic here.
Somebody help me. Grin

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7171 on: January 10, 2020, 09:18:10 PM »

It’s cryptic because there’s no context. That’s standard social media market textbook definition.
It’s also a move other bands, most recently My Chemical Romance and Faith No More, have used when they’re about to announce something big.
Drop the same picture on all three major social media accounts and say very little if anything.
It gets people talking and it gets media attention. Free marketing.

Bruh, the context is the picture. Slash is about to go on stage and drop some fire licks on the audience's head.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7172 on: January 10, 2020, 09:54:10 PM »

I can't believe we're close to hearing Slash play on The General.  Talk about things I never thought would happen.

Who says we're close to that? Some wild assumptions going on there!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #7173 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:25 AM »

It’s cryptic because there’s no context. That’s standard social media market textbook definition.
It’s also a move other bands, most recently My Chemical Romance and Faith No More, have used when they’re about to announce something big.
Drop the same picture on all three major social media accounts and say very little if anything.
It gets people talking and it gets media attention. Free marketing.

Bruh, the context is the picture. Slash is about to go on stage and drop some fire licks on the audience's head.

No the cryptic part lies in the context. You're describing the picture. It's in the context of why. Why are they posting a pic of Slash getting ready to drop some heavy licks? That's what I was referring to.

Could it just be a random picture of Slash getting ready to kick ass? Of course. But there could be another reason. I'm not sure if you follow Faith No More or My Chemical Romance, but they posted similar pictures - kind of out of the blue recently - right before major announcements.

Anyway, I hope it's something. Maybe it's nothing.

There was another pic of Axl  on the stage posted today. Who knows! Haha. beer
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7174 on: January 12, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »

Just saw on Fox TV, GNR will be on Fox on January 31 at 11pm est.  I wonder if they will play any new songs peace

Rizzo160
Batalla
Opening Act

« Reply #7175 on: January 12, 2020, 08:59:49 PM »

Just saw on Fox TV, GNR will be on Fox on January 31 at 11pm est.  I wonder if they will play any new songs peace

Don't they have a show that day?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:03:04 PM by Batalla » Logged
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7176 on: January 12, 2020, 09:30:56 PM »

Yes it is being telivised on fox

Rizzo160
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7177 on: January 13, 2020, 06:51:33 AM »

Yes it is being telivised on fox

If you got any links or so.. please post

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7178 on: January 13, 2020, 02:18:11 PM »

So Pearl Jam just simultaneously announced their new album and US tour dates.  I wonder if GNR are planning on doing a similar "package" announcement with US dates and album news. Hmmm....
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #7179 on: January 13, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »

So Pearl Jam just simultaneously announced their new album and US tour dates.  I wonder if GNR are planning on doing a similar "package" announcement with US dates and album news. Hmmm....

I was about to post that. This means it's possible to announce a new album 2-3 months before release. This will be Pearl Jam's first LP since 2013 – the longest they've ever been between two albums.

Tool last year announced their new record in May and released it in August. We are talking about another huge band with a long hiatus that only needed a few months before the official release to make an announcement.

Having said that, I don't think GNR will release anything till early fall. I'm hoping to hear new music on this upcoming tour (they may even release a few songs on Spotify), but as far as a new album goes, we will have to wait till early fall at least.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:41:59 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: