Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558102 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7220 on: January 15, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »

So...First single thoughts? Hardschool maybe?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #7221 on: January 15, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »

I haven't heard any of these leaks. I've been so busy and out of touch.

I'll have to check them out if I can find them.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7222 on: January 15, 2020, 04:59:20 PM »

Good bet, given that it appeared on the setlist.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7223 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:21 PM »

Love to hear The General or perhaps.

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7224 on: January 16, 2020, 02:48:00 AM »

Man if I hear the General I’ll never ask for more music from Guns, ever

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7225 on: January 16, 2020, 12:14:42 PM »

Man if I hear the General I’ll never ask for more music from Guns, ever

Same here.  Atlas Shrugged and The General were both at the top of my "need to hear" list.  1 down...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7226 on: January 16, 2020, 01:07:41 PM »

[

The Super Bowl show is a one off festival. Why anyone would expect that show to be some kind of guide for the rest of the tour is puzzling...

/jarmo

I agree Jarmo!  I actually think nothing new will happen at the SB show.  Its not a GnR show and not really a good time to try anything bew.  Play your hits for the casual fans that will be there for music, football and partying.  Its a good way to show casual fans that your active again and may peak some interest.   Just my opinion   

Didn't they just have the 3rd highest selling tour of all time???  Everyone knows they're active (not just us forum nerds).  IMO, there won't be anything new at the SB show...history has shown that the first couple shows are a little rough (putting it nicely).  I don't think they're going to want to go outside of the norm for the first show back together.

And yet, they throw new songs into the set for the first show of a leg, like Black Hole Sun and Slither, which end up getting passed around as the most seen videos despite the rough performances. I think it would be smart to hold off on new stuff, but historically they don't really do that.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7227 on: January 16, 2020, 01:37:52 PM »

Good bet, given that it appeared on the setlist.

Well, if you can release a 30 year old song as a single (Shadow of Your Love), it stands to reason a 20 year old song (Hardschool) should be fair game as well.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7228 on: January 19, 2020, 01:27:23 AM »

I haven't heard any of these leaks. I've been so busy and out of touch.

I'll have to check them out if I can find them.

I’m in the same boat.  I was pretty on top of things when Chinese Democracy came out, listened to all of the leaks.  I was on this board everyday!  I haven’t heard any of the recent leaks, but I think part of that reason is because I just haven’t expected new music, so I haven’t been around much.  I learned my lesson from 1999-2008.  If it happens great, if not, so what. 

Two sides to hearing leaks.  Some people say it could ruin the experience for you when the album does drop.   I think the opposite.  When I first heard Better, I was so excited and couldn’t stop playing that song.  It was a highlight for me as a GNR fan.  If hearing one of these leaks does the same, then it’s not a bad thing in my mind.  It only increases excitement and interest, and I’m pretty sure this is why bands intentionally leak songs in the first place.  Plus, who knows if GNR will ever release the songs anyhow....so bring it on!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7229 on: January 19, 2020, 09:49:50 AM »

I would say Hard School. It's the modern day version of You Could Be Mine. That was my favorite from the leaks. It has that classic GNR vibe. I think this was written during the 94-96 sessions when Slash was still in the band.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7230 on: January 19, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »

I would say Hard School. It's the modern day version of You Could Be Mine. That was my favorite from the leaks. It has that classic GNR vibe. I think this was written during the 94-96 sessions when Slash was still in the band.

The music, maybe.  The lyrics, not so much.  They are't exactly subtle.

Then again, who ever figured Slash would agree to play 'Sorry'?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7231 on: January 19, 2020, 08:19:51 PM »

LOL, what? That song is nothing like Slash's writing style.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #7232 on: January 20, 2020, 03:25:57 AM »

How many leaks are there? All I`ve heard so far was Hardscool and Atlas... is there more?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7233 on: January 20, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »

LOL, what? That song is nothing like Slash's writing style.

Actually it has the classic GNR vibe to it. Additionally, the song was known as Jackie Chan. Rather than LOL, how about if you research on here, MYGNR Forum, and Google? If you did  that then you would read articles on Duff mentioning this song in 97. Furthermore, Matt Sorum mentioned  at the time when he was in GNR  that they had finished 7 songs and were working on 7 other songs.

I HIGHLY doubt that this came from Finck Buckethead or the rest of the Nu-GNR lineup. If you compare  Hard School with the other CD songs and leaks, it  sounds nothing like what that  lineup would have produced. Ditto  with Perhaps.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7234 on: January 22, 2020, 12:19:26 PM »

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

“There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

“Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’”

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7235 on: January 22, 2020, 01:11:16 PM »

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

“There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

“Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’”

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/

/jarmo

I hope i get to buy it on vinyl soon 😁

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7236 on: January 22, 2020, 02:07:45 PM »

Well it looks like no new music for 2020,according to Slash. Hopefully get new songs on tour.

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7237 on: January 22, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »

Well it looks like no new music for 2020,according to Slash. Hopefully get new songs on tour.

It's January.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7238 on: January 22, 2020, 02:25:14 PM »

Got admit Jarmo those aren’t the comments from a band member with an album about to drop. My take is there’s 3 possibilities:

1. Slash doesn't know what’s planned re new music (unlikely)
2. Slash is deliberately hiding progress and new music is definitely in the works for 2020 (possible, but given Guns historical ‘issues’ with getting music out there pessimism is high in the sky)
3. The band are no where nearer to releasing a new album than they were when the reunion happened in 2016 (possible/likely? Sure the guys will have discussed putting new music out but has anything concrete happened? Who knows)

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7239 on: January 22, 2020, 02:32:51 PM »

4. He knows enough not to make comments that will be turned into "Slash confirms new music coming soon" stories when that kind of announcement will be made when the time is right, instead of an interview talking about his new Gibson guitar line.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: