Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558912 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7240 on: January 22, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »

Got admit Jarmo those aren’t the comments from a band member with an album about to drop. My take is there’s 3 possibilities:

1. Slash doesn't know what’s planned re new music (unlikely)
2. Slash is deliberately hiding progress and new music is definitely in the works for 2020 (possible, but given Guns historical ‘issues’ with getting music out there pessimism is high in the sky)
3. The band are no where nearer to releasing a new album than they were when the reunion happened in 2016 (possible/likely? Sure the guys will have discussed putting new music out but has anything concrete happened? Who knows)

Good read.

Ranked in order of likelihood, in my view : 3 ---> 2 ---> 1  (and 1 lags WAY behind)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7241 on: January 22, 2020, 02:42:09 PM »

If new music was coming this year surely comments along the lines of.....’yeah this is gonna be a great year, the records almost done and we can’t wait to get it out there’

Would that really have been so hard? Would it have caused a shit storm online along the lines of HOLY SHIT SLASH SAYS NEW ALBUM IMMINENT?

No.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7242 on: January 22, 2020, 02:45:08 PM »

He confirmed they have material but that's overlooked.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7243 on: January 22, 2020, 03:00:01 PM »

Jarmo I hate getting negative. I’ve loved this band since I were 10 (now 42) but there’s only so much of the same ol’ same ol’ when it comes to new music I (and I expect a lot of other fans) will take.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #7244 on: January 22, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »

4. He knows enough not to make comments that will be turned into "Slash confirms new music coming soon" stories when that kind of announcement will be made when the time is right, instead of an interview talking about his new Gibson guitar line.

/jarmo

I think your point is valid to an extent and people harp on a single comment and blow it out of proportion. However Axl has albums worth of material recorded already, Slash is well known to be able to get an album together quickly, Fernando made a clear comment that a new album should be anticipated within 6 months, Slash has clearly said they were working on material, the band has been back together for long enough to have written a new album.................and now they start backpeddling? With this bands clear and long history of being unable to function as a creative unit and be able to back up claims of recorded material and year after year after year of vague teasing of new material, the onus is on them to be clear and open and not on the fans to accept the usual bullshit.

Sadly Jarmo you are truly the Kelly Anne Conway of the GNR world and will always put a positive spin on negative news and will never offer an objective opinion that isn't in lock step.....quite why that is we all have a fair idea but it's not deniable that you aren't objective and have skin in the game so your views have to be taken with a large pinch of salt.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:44:31 PM by discobiscuit1 » Logged

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7245 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46:09 PM »

Exactly, Same bullshit different year

Rizzo160
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #7246 on: January 22, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »

/jarmo

Ding! Ding! Ding! I choose to believe that as strategic as they’ve been the last 4-5 years, they have plans. Things will happen the way they’re supposed to happen, when they need to happen. I don’t think it’s backpedaling or backtracking. They’ve got songs. They’re determining the route that they want to release it... CD was a Best Buy exclusive, the marketing blew... so maybe they’re attempting to steer clear from that. However, as mentioned by others surprise drops seem to be a big craze. But is that what THEY want? What if they have commercials already paid for? What if they have other forms of interviews Etc lined up? Don’t blow the wad in an interview for new music in a guitar Ad... I choose to remain hopeful, that momentum is on their side. I choose to believe they’re mindful of that, and I choose to believe that they’re will be something NEW and exciting to get our ears into. Everyone needs to just chill!! Put it on the back burner and just wait n see what happens. Remember the slow burn that took place before the NITL announcements popped off.  There was clearly a plan in place. Believe in this management, and their vision. It’s gotten us this far Wink

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7247 on: January 22, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »

/jarmo

Ding! Ding! Ding! I choose to believe that as strategic as they’ve been the last 4-5 years, they have plans. Things will happen the way they’re supposed to happen, when they need to happen. I don’t think it’s backpedaling or backtracking. They’ve got songs. They’re determining the route that they want to release it... CD was a Best Buy exclusive, the marketing blew... so maybe they’re attempting to steer clear from that. However, as mentioned by others surprise drops seem to be a big craze. But is that what THEY want? What if they have commercials already paid for? What if they have other forms of interviews Etc lined up? Don’t blow the wad in an interview for new music in a guitar Ad... I choose to remain hopeful, that momentum is on their side. I choose to believe they’re mindful of that, and I choose to believe that they’re will be something NEW and exciting to get our ears into. Everyone needs to just chill!! Put it on the back burner and just wait n see what happens. Remember the slow burn that took place before the NITL announcements popped off.  There was clearly a plan in place. Believe in this management, and their vision. It’s gotten us this far Wink

yes 

I believe

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #7248 on: January 22, 2020, 11:09:11 PM »

. It’s gotten us this far Wink
[/quote]

Sarcasm or very, very low expectations?

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #7249 on: January 23, 2020, 12:43:16 AM »

Saving me money I would have spent on tickets. I'm far too young, 45, to be in to nostalgia acts. 5 shows in on nitl already I know how the setlist goes. Haven't seen Pearl Jam in a long time.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7250 on: January 23, 2020, 02:43:24 AM »

I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.

Oof, that is not very promising.

Because we've known that since day 1? They had Axl's material from the start and Obviously Slash can whip up material in a week. The question is whether that material is moving forward in the process toward an album and it sounds like they are still just in the bouncing ideas around stage. Because remember, that's how GNR works, just because they're recording doesn't mean they're in a studio pumping out final performances. Recording is how they bounce ideas around. "Not sure what we're doing with it" makes it sound like those recordings are not in any stage of the process toward becoming an album though.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7251 on: January 23, 2020, 06:52:16 AM »

Sadly Jarmo you are truly the Kelly Anne Conway of the GNR world and will always put a positive spin on negative news and will never offer an objective opinion that isn't in lock step.....quite why that is we all have a fair idea but it's not deniable that you aren't objective and have skin in the game so your views have to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

I have my point of view, and you got yours.

I haven't felt let down by GN'R. The tour was amazing, heard songs live I never thought I'd hear. Band was having fun and yet I'm supposed to feel pessimistic about new music in 2020 before January has ended in order to seem objective? No thanks....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7252 on: January 23, 2020, 08:13:04 AM »

But surely you understand fan's frustrations they've been doing this nostalgia tour for the last 4 years playing 25 year old songs and covers and going back to places they've already played multiple times with basically the same set list ,in the mean time Slash and Duff released albums with their side projects but GnR haven't released anything not even a live CD/DVD, yeah they rereleased Appetite but wasn't as if they had to go into the studio and record it.I think they will struggle to fill venues on this forthcoming tour unless they release a new album as most people have who wanted to have seen the tour .
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #7253 on: January 23, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »

I haven't felt let down by GN'R. The tour was amazing, heard songs live I never thought I'd hear. Band was having fun and yet I'm supposed to feel pessimistic about new music in 2020 before January has ended in order to seem objective? No thanks....

/jarmo

[/quote]

Ok as a thought experiment and as you are an independent thinker, can you name one step where you feel Axl's pre NITL GNR or the current NITL GNR have erred in judgment? Or where you feel the fans are justified in feeling critical, regardless if it's internal thoughts or expressed openly?

Can you think of a single example where the band or management have set an expectation and you feel an update should have happened to keep the fans in the loop on why this expectation wont be met?
Perhaps even a night where the band were really off and not a great show?

When a band member or the Management imply or state  a time-frame for a release. In your mind do you think the fans cynicism has some merit? Or are the fans lacking loyalty when they are cynical?
Just curious if you think 'Well, yes that makes sense to be skeptical' ?

I'm offering you some pretty low hanging fruit here.

Just one example where you can empathize with the fans or divert from the talking points is fine

I may align with a political point of view but regularly dissent with my ideological bed-mates, I have very close friends that I tell hard truths to and accept hard truths from. Nastiness not required but the true gauge of a friend is honesty albeit with tact.

Just curious if you are entirely in lock step on every issue or you have a few views that stray? Even the band over the years has expressed frustration so I'm unsure why you disagree with many of the GNR band members over the years and admit to frustration at the lack of material? Duff, Slash, Buckethead, Robin , BBF and likely more were all frustrated as hell so it's not just the fans it's the actual band.

Anything that deviates from 'nope everything is shiny' will differentiate you from my comparison to Kelly Anne Conway. Lord knows the vast majority of the GNR fan community has this assessment I'm just wondering if it's valid and you can show empathy to fans as well as Axl

Hey if we get an album great but it was GNR management and to an extent Slash that created this expectation so it should be one of those two to give a legitimate reason if this wont be met.

It's been said if you want a good person to behave badly you need religion

By that reasoning it could be said if you want Slash to be unable to release music you need Axl Smiley
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:14:02 AM by discobiscuit1 » Logged

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7254 on: January 23, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »

/jarmo

Anything that deviates from 'nope everything is shiny' will differentiate you from my comparison to Kelly Anne Conway. Lord knows the vast majority of the GNR fan community has this assessment I'm just wondering if it's valid and you can show empathy to fans as well as Axl

[/quote]

X 10 ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7255 on: January 23, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »

Jarmo I hate getting negative. I’ve loved this band since I were 10 (now 42) but there’s only so much of the same ol’ same ol’ when it comes to new music I (and I expect a lot of other fans) will take.

Axl's bullshit, we are all used to.  I gave up on that dude creatively, left to his own devices, YEARS ago.  Everyone should have.  His inaction supported that lack of belief.

But the past few years injected 2 fresh strands of hope, as I saw it.

Strand #1 : Return of Slash and Duff.  Maybe they could give Axl the kick in the ass he sorely needed.  He was never going to let a replacement of a replacement of a replacement band member tell him what was what.  But perhaps he would listen to his former band mates.

Strand #2 : I didn't see Slash sticking around to play nostalgia greatest hits shows in perpetuity.  The NITL payday was phenomenal, and I don't blame him onne bit for wringing out every dime.  But I didn't see him sticking around for any follow up, non-NITL tour without some indication that GNR would once again be a viable, creative entity.

So to sit here now, seeing both guys come back.  Seeing Slash stay on.  But now see him fall right into the "we're going to start to take a look very seriously at what we are doing in that regard" type mindset that has plagued this band for some time now is depressing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7256 on: January 23, 2020, 10:22:50 AM »

Strand #2 : I didn't see Slash sticking around to play nostalgia greatest hits shows in perpetuity.  The NITL payday was phenomenal, and I don't blame him onne bit for wringing out every dime.  But I didn't see him sticking around for any follow up, non-NITL tour without some indication that GNR would once again be a viable, creative entity.

So to sit here now, seeing both guys come back.  Seeing Slash stay on.  But now see him fall right into the "we're going to start to take a look very seriously at what we are doing in that regard" type mindset that has plagued this band for some time now is depressing.

You also have to understand that new music or not, Slash is making more money, maybe than he ever has, with these shows.  Sure, he may not be personally thrilled with Axl and TB stonewalling a release, but I don't see this as something he's going to walk away from any time soon.  

And if he gets a creative itch, another SMKC album could be thrown together as soon as GNR wraps up whatever tour.  It's sad, but he seems to be drinking the Kool Aid with these quotes.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7257 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »

Strand #1 : Return of Slash and Duff.  Maybe they could give Axl the kick in the ass he sorely needed.  He was never going to let a replacement of a replacement of a replacement band member tell him what was what.  But perhaps he would listen to his former band mates.

Strand #2 : I didn't see Slash sticking around to play nostalgia greatest hits shows in perpetuity.  The NITL payday was phenomenal, and I don't blame him onne bit for wringing out every dime.  But I didn't see him sticking around for any follow up, non-NITL tour without some indication that GNR would once again be a viable, creative entity.

So to sit here now, seeing both guys come back.  Seeing Slash stay on.  But now see him fall right into the "we're going to start to take a look very seriously at what we are doing in that regard" type mindset that has plagued this band for some time now is depressing.

Strand 1: I had same hope and was 100% wrong for thinking that after the first tour they would act as a creative band and produce something better than a greatest hits concert -

Strand 2: Ye$to  on the cash - wouldn't pretend to understand what that kind of dough could do to my normal decision making but to see him fall right into the black hole and actually say things like he just said - is beyond depressing.

I suggested a few posts ago on a thread that for better or worse they have turned into  KISS  - a cash hoard, a show that is one big party and not one person could give a rat's ass at those shows about new music - they want the goods and they get it. The shows have been fantastic - I was just hoping the return of these guys would change it all. Another tour playing the same material?

Sounds like a good party
Sounds like to expect anything other than that is to your own peril

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7258 on: January 23, 2020, 01:27:33 PM »

I kind of let what Slash said go right over my head.  Moved right into another problem with GNR, how to distribute the music.  I know he didn't say they were done but he did say they were recording and he seemed pretty relaxed about what he was saying.  I'd say that means it's going well.  Off the possibilities list and on the it's really happening.  So much talk about problems, I kind of missed this moment.  Cheesy

OH MY GOD, IT'S HAPPENING!  beer

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7259 on: January 23, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »

A lot of folks here need to get over themselves. Just hearing the leaked "Hard School has me revved, I'm used to the GnR way of things. Patience, it will come.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: