Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549225 times)
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7260 on: January 23, 2020, 01:48:46 PM »

A lot of folks here need to get over themselves. Just hearing the leaked "Hard School has me revved, I'm used to the GnR way of things. Patience, it will come.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to hear the “Hard School” leak, but I do think we’ve gotten a bunch of treats from the Not in this Lifetime tour. Axl, Slash and Duff playing “Coma” made my decade. Also, consistent touring is far better than nothing at all. I remember those days.  Patience is a virtue and all good things happen to those who wait, right?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7261 on: January 23, 2020, 04:13:55 PM »

A lot of folks here need to get over themselves. Just hearing the leaked "Hard School has me revved, I'm used to the GnR way of things. Patience, it will come.

YES! Many in this thread need to friggin relax.  Complete panic because Slash didn’t confirm an album.  You’re what give fans a bad name.  Trust me, I can point to plenty of what GNR and their management haven’t been the best at over the years, but this isn’t one of those times.  He simply said nothing is “definite” ... which could simply mean no release date is set.  It literally takes a minute/day to set a release date.  There also doesn’t need to be a set release date.  Maybe they will view a surprise release as being the best approach?  And if they are going to do a surprise, then he sure as hell isn’t going to say anything in this interview.  He implied the biggest thing right now might just be developing a plan to get it out to the world.  How is that a bad thing?  

With this said, nothing may very well happen.  However, this interview doesn’t prove anything other than the fact that they do have some (maybe a lot) of recording done, and that stuff is happening.  

Stop thinking about what Fernando said. Does anyone really believe he has all the answers?  If anything, he should know better.  He shouldn’t have said there “will” be....   We should all know better.  How many times do you guys need to be let down before you start taking it with a grain of salt?  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on you.  Fool me over and over again....fuck me!  Yes, there communication with fans isn’t always the best. Compared to some other bands, it’s horrible.  It’s like a game with these guys at times...but at the same time, it is what it is at this point.  

Again though, this interview isn’t a negative thing.  

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:47:24 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7262 on: January 24, 2020, 03:52:50 AM »

The main "problem" is that they don't talk to us and when they do it is just bullshit or the "say - don't say"  thing and we sadly know what that means: nothin (i mean nothin interesting) is going to happen. It's the same old story, and it's all up to Axl at the end of the day: nowadays he doesn't even have the "excuse" of being stopped by the old members, evil managers or whatever...think about that. I'm not really sure he's interested in producing new music in gnr (as he said in that china exchange event).A few months ago I was pretty sure they would have produced new music, now I'm pretty sure i'm going to sell back my tickets (The last thing i want to do is to agree with useless chris pitman  Lips Sealed but you know...). It is what it is, amen, but they should be more honest about their intentions...All this lack of informations, news in 2020 is pretty annoying and disrespectful towards the fans, really... A little more balanced modus operandi would be really appreciated. You can't keep  on telling  the fans only "new upcoming tour dates - come to see us" (or "new fake wooden cd box set lmited edition 100.000,00 $ only) ... after charging them for years like trump is doing with foreign goods  Roll Eyes. This is not music, it's just business, and it's a little sad.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:59:40 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7263 on: January 24, 2020, 06:09:42 AM »

The band should team up with Amazon. It helped Ellie Goulding recently (edit: and she is with Interscope), and a lot of people have Echos now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:27:15 AM by Mysteron » Logged
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #7264 on: January 24, 2020, 08:33:48 AM »

The band and management should have this damn well figured out by now and are making squillions $$ wise so perhaps should adopt the ethic of 'Freedom through musical integrity' or whatever the phrase was.

Release the music and forget making money by that means, make it by the tour.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:36:26 AM by discobiscuit1 » Logged

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7265 on: January 24, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »

The band and management should have this damn well figured out by now and are making squillions $$ wise so perhaps should adopt the ethic of 'Freedom through musical integrity' or whatever the phrase was.

Release the music and forget making money by that means, make it by the tour.

I think that is what Slash is saying. He is saying the band would have, in the past, released singles alongside an album. The singles would have been played on the radio and on MTV, then they would do a world tour. But the world is different now and it's about getting as many people to hear to the new music so they can tour it. It's about giving the 5 million people that saw them on the last tour reason to see them again. Its all fair and fine to just say, release music, but there's no point if people aren't going to hear it. A new song has to appear on as many streaming playlists as possible, it needs to be on the radio, on tv, on adverts. I hate most modern songs in the charts and do not go out of my way to listen to them, but quite often I know them because I have heard them somewhere. Like Billie Eilish, I'm not a fan, but I know her songs because they seem to be everywhere. It's getting that kind of coverage for new music. Your average music fan is a lot lazier now and quite spoilt with the options available.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7266 on: January 24, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »

Someone told me over the summer (yes, to my face) that Tool has a new single out and an album will be released in a month or so.
I went to youtube, typed in tool and guess what?
There it was with a million + views already
From what I've heard the album was a success, even in this day an age.
The tour was definitely a success - because of the fans

If you build it
They will come

Trust in us -  peace
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7267 on: January 24, 2020, 10:10:39 AM »

Someone told me over the summer (yes, to my face) that Tool has a new single out and an album will be released in a month or so.

If you build it
They will come

Trust in us -  peace

Which will happen.

It was an interview about guitars, Slash got a GN'R question, and gave a contemplative answer aimed at the readers of a guitar magazine
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7268 on: January 24, 2020, 10:23:28 AM »

If you build it
They will come

Trust in us -  peace

Which will happen.

It was an interview about guitars, Slash got a GN'R question, and gave a contemplative answer aimed at the readers of a guitar magazine

For a fanbase that thought, per Fernando, that we were on the cusp of an album release his response, however honest, was not encouraging. And really paints their management team as being pretty altogether clueless.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7269 on: January 24, 2020, 10:41:52 AM »

If you build it
They will come

Trust in us -  peace

Which will happen.

For a fanbase that thought, per Fernando, that we were on the cusp of an album release his response, however honest, was not encouraging. And really paints their management team as being pretty altogether clueless.

It doesn't paint anything. Fernando was chatting on reddit, Slash was talking to a guitar magazine. Fernando isn't recording the music, and Slash isn't releasing and distributing the music. The comments have to be taken at the level they are at.

To be fair, if Slash is now talking about the how something is released, then that is a positive thing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:45:17 AM by Mysteron » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7270 on: January 24, 2020, 11:11:37 AM »

If you build it
They will come

Trust in us -  peace

Which will happen.

It doesn't paint anything. Fernando was chatting on reddit, Slash was talking to a guitar magazine. Fernando isn't recording the music, and Slash isn't releasing and distributing the music. The comments have to be taken at the level they are at.

To be fair, if Slash is now talking about the how something is released, then that is a positive thing.

It's just not the type of thing you want to hear from a band member whose band we were hoping was about to drop an album.  "We're not sure what to do with it." So where does that leave us?  With this band, that excuse alone can buy them years of further stalling.  That he confirms it exists doesn't really do much for us as fans.  
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7271 on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:45 AM »

If you build it
They will come

Trust in us -  peace

Which will happen.

It's just not the type of thing you want to hear from a band member whose band we were hoping was about to drop an album.  "We're not sure what to do with it." So where does that leave us?  With this band, that excuse alone can buy them years of further stalling.  That he confirms it exists doesn't really do much for us as fans.  

It's exactly the kind of thing you want to hear. It means that there is communication going on between the band and the record label, someone has probably explained to them that this is the way things are done now, the band are probably thinking of a traditional release. It is a conversation that needs to be had, and it is normal. Slash +maybe wants to press some CDs and vinyl, then get out on the road. The people in the know are probably explaining about streaming and the new world. I'm just guessing.

The point is, ideas will be thrown about to maximise the impact of new material then decisions will be made, and it will move forward
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7272 on: January 24, 2020, 12:05:20 PM »

Ok as a thought experiment and as you are an independent thinker, can you name one step where you feel Axl's pre NITL GNR or the current NITL GNR have erred in judgment? Or where you feel the fans are justified in feeling critical, regardless if it's internal thoughts or expressed openly?

So wait, to prove that I'm an independent thinker I have to list something critical?

Wouldn't the opposite be true to those who are overly critical? Cheesy

Can you think of a single example where the band or management have set an expectation and you feel an update should have happened to keep the fans in the loop on why this expectation wont be met?
Perhaps even a night where the band were really off and not a great show?

I'm not convinced updates about earlier updates are a good idea. Unless you have an actual update with something final.

Abu Dhabi 2018 wasn't great....

When a band member or the Management imply or state  a time-frame for a release. In your mind do you think the fans cynicism has some merit? Or are the fans lacking loyalty when they are cynical?
Just curious if you think 'Well, yes that makes sense to be skeptical' ?

When they state a time frame, they do so because they have reason to. The old "things change" is still true though. And as far as I know, I don't know if things have changed, since the update, that is causing all this commotion.

Skeptical? It seems like the issue here is that some took an answer as a final release date and a promise. That's not being skeptical.

Just one example where you can empathize with the fans or divert from the talking points is fine

I understand wanting to hear new music. Who doesn't?

But at the same time, you have to remember that GN'R doesn't just do whatever the rest of the world thinks they should. They do things they want to, and when they think they should. Nothing has changed.

My personal attitude regarding this topic is that I'll enjoy it when it's out, until then I'll enjoy what we have.

I understand that not every one shares that feeling, and they are only interested in new music. But to me that's missing out on a lot of cool stuff....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7273 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »

It's exactly the kind of thing you want to hear. It means that there is communication going on between the band and the record label, someone has probably explained to them that this is the way things are done now, the band are probably thinking of a traditional release. It is a conversation that needs to be had, and it is normal. Slash +maybe wants to press some CDs and vinyl, then get out on the road. The people in the know are probably explaining about streaming and the new world. I'm just guessing.

The point is, ideas will be thrown about to maximise the impact of new material then decisions will be made, and it will move forward

Well, ultimately, time will tell.  And honestly, I hope you're right in regard to there being active negotiations with the label.  I hope that's what he means here.  Because to me it sounds like he's just regurgitating what he's been told by Axl and co. in regard to why the album will not be delivered on time to support this upcoming tour. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7274 on: January 25, 2020, 06:24:26 AM »

To me it sounds like they want to make sure everyone's on the same page, so the material gets the attention it deserves.

I mentioned it earlier, but it's just "not another album that you just release". It's the first recordings featuring Axl, Duff and Slash since 1994, or 1991, depending on how you look at it.

It deserves more than  just appear at a shelf between other new releases of the week.

And because people today consume music differently, this needs to be taking into account. Most of us still enjoy albums. We buy them, listen to them from start to finish and find instant favorites and then discover other songs that grow on us later. That's what makes us hardcore fans.
Others listen to the one song they know from somewhere else and kinda listen to more in the background like it's elevator music.... Or just listen to the one song they know and forget about the rest.

I'm wondering how you would feel if the new music wasn't released in the conventional album form? What if they did something different (for GN'R)? Like multiple singles spaced out over time? Or EPs? Instead of one single followed by an album?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7275 on: January 25, 2020, 07:02:52 AM »

To me it sounds like they want to make sure everyone's on the same page, so the material gets the attention it deserves.

I mentioned it earlier, but it's just "not another album that you just release". It's the first recordings featuring Axl, Duff and Slash since 1994, or 1991, depending on how you look at it.

It deserves more than  just appear at a shelf between other new releases of the week.

And because people today consume music differently, this needs to be taking into account. Most of us still enjoy albums. We buy them, listen to them from start to finish and find instant favorites and then discover other songs that grow on us later. That's what makes us hardcore fans.
Others listen to the one song they know from somewhere else and kinda listen to more in the background like it's elevator music.... Or just listen to the one song they know and forget about the rest.

I'm wondering how you would feel if the new music wasn't released in the conventional album form? What if they did something different (for GN'R)? Like multiple singles spaced out over time? Or EPs? Instead of one single followed by an album?

/jarmo

I think it's a conversation that needs to be had.

I would like singles or EP's, then release an album later in the year. If you just, bam, release an album, it's there, then people move on. String it out and find a suitable gap for it later in the year when there are no other like for like releases. I'm not against a streaming deal, except Apple, I think it would be a good idea so they are on an auto playlist somewhere, but physical releases should exist too, just don't go overboard and price things accordingly.

Moving forward, I think the band should explore collaborations with current popular artists if they are wanting to branch out to a new audience and stay relevant. It's just an opinion though.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7276 on: January 25, 2020, 09:00:16 AM »

No problem on the multiple singles idea
Would welcome it and any form of new music

Just give us something real
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #7277 on: January 25, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »

Dream releases would be:
First some singles spread over a little period, with extra bonus tracks/demos that won't be on the album (we know there's a lot of material)
Then a traditional album with 14-16 tracks. A cover would be just fine, cause that's sort of Gn'R tradition. Maybe The Seeker?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7278 on: January 25, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »

I think multiple singles over a period of time would work in today’s world.  Maybe 3, and then drop album.  It keeps people interested and momentum.  You could also promote each single a little differently....maybe first one drops as a surprise.  Second one is announced when it’s coming, third one is announced as well and connected to a sporting event or has a video.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7279 on: January 25, 2020, 12:54:02 PM »

I think multiple singles over a period of time would work in today’s world.  Maybe 3, and then drop album.  It keeps people interested and momentum.  You could also promote each single a little differently....maybe first one drops as a surprise.  Second one is announced when it’s coming, third one is announced as well and connected to a sporting event or has a video.

ok

Love it
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: