Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564049 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7320 on: January 27, 2020, 02:36:21 PM »

That they no longer have the excuses that plagued them from 2000-2014 only makes them *not* delivering on what they've said in regard to a new album that much more frustrating and baffling. It also shows that if they don't rise to the occasion, is was simply because they didn't do what needed to be done to make it a reality.

Because you know this how?

Check your expectations!
In reality you know very little about their plans, or possible issues with said plans, other than what Fernando said last year and Slash's comment.

It's not about you, it's about getting this right.

But I want..... I need....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7321 on: January 27, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »

Surprise album drops Friday. You heard it here first!  ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7322 on: January 27, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »

Surprise album drops Friday. You heard it here first!  ok

Maybe  hihi

I get the Mad Max syndrome on the forums, but we're in a better place now. Now or never is a hard deadline even for homework. When you are at your concert, it would be nice for people beside you to cover your bad singing when new songs are being played. But we need to give the band the chance to get to that place, they deserve that. Genuinely, CD was a rough ride, post CD was a rough ride. That's why we are back to a TB core and out again.

I am guessing, but Axl will be wanting to give you what you are wanting and more, and for you to be proud to be a GN'R fan and to give you reason for posting on these forums all these years. Remember he came to the forums years ago, answered questions and bantered with people. And we are talking about Axl, the man who rarely gives interviews. It was amazing, and it should never be forgotten.

It's peculiar being a GN'R fan, but it is what it is.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7323 on: January 27, 2020, 03:09:45 PM »

Surprise album drops Friday. You heard it here first!  ok

Maybe  hihi

I get the Mad Max syndrome on the forums, but we're in a better place now. Now or never is a hard deadline even for homework. When you are at your concert, it would be nice for people beside you to cover your bad singing when new songs are being played. But we need to give the band the chance to get to that place, they deserve that. Genuinely, CD was a rough ride, post CD was a rough ride. That's why we are back to a TB core and out again.

I am guessing, but Axl will be wanting to give you what you are wanting and more, and for you to be proud to be a GN'R fan and to give you reason for posting on these forums all these years. Remember he came to the forums years ago, answered questions and bantered with people. And we are talking about Axl, the man who rarely gives interviews. It was amazing, and it should never be forgotten.

I was obviously being cheeky with that comment, but honestly, I feel like that's the best thing they could probably do.  Just lay it on us, and tour the shit out of it.  No preamble, no eloquently worded press release, no "This not a lie, promise, yada yada yada" type statements, however hopeful.  Just let the music speak for itself all at once.  
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7324 on: January 27, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »

Maybe  hihi

I was obviously being cheeky with that comment, but honestly, I feel like that's the best thing they could probably do.  Just lay it on us, and tour the shit out of it.  No preamble, no eloquently worded press release, no "This not a lie, promise, yada yada yada" type statements, however hopeful.  Just let the music speak for itself all at once.  

I get it

But if you want the best for the band, the whole now or never thing is not realistically going to happen. It has to be done right, and as a fan, you will want the band to do the right thing for them in terms of being a success, and not just for you.

Nothing bad has really been said in interviews. Everything they are doing has been laid out on a plate, they have maybe said too much. But you know they have recorded material, and now that material is a thing that exists. Just because Slash thinks about how to release it in an interview, it's not really a big deal. Let the band find the right space, and the right method to release the material. There are lots of experts around them, they will be fine. But all the interviews show progress, nothing bad is happening, everything is good and moving forward.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7325 on: January 27, 2020, 03:21:20 PM »

Maybe  hihi

I get it

But if you want the best for the band, the whole now or never thing is not realistically going to happen. It has to be done right, and as a fan, you will want the band to do the right thing for them in terms of being a success, and not just for you.

Nothing bad has really been said in interviews. Everything they are doing has been laid out on a plate, they have maybe said too much. But you know they have recorded material, and now that material is a thing that exists. Just because Slash thinks about how to release it in an interview, it's not really a big deal. Let the band find the right space, and the right method to release the material. There are lots of experts around them, they will be fine. But all the interviews show progress, nothing bad is happening, everything is good and moving forward.

You're not wrong.  I guess I just don't understand what the "perfect release" means in 2020.  I feel like even A-list artists have all gone guerilla in their approaches to releasing new music.  Be it surprise releases, or what the Pumpkins did in 2018, releasing half the album at one point, and the other half several months later.  The list goes on.

My concern is that this is used as a crutch to place the album in limbo while they chase the unicorn that is the perfect release window. 
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7326 on: January 27, 2020, 03:31:34 PM »

Maybe  hihi

I get it

You're not wrong.  I guess I just don't understand what the "perfect release" means in 2020.  I feel like even A-list artists have all gone guerilla in their approaches to releasing new music.  Be it surprise releases, or what the Pumpkins did in 2018, releasing half the album at one point, and the other half several months later.  The list goes on.

My concern is that this is used as a crutch to place the album in limbo while they chase the unicorn that is the perfect release window.  

For Slash, GN'R is a probably a bigger release than his other bands, not to put his other bands down.

It's maybe a different ball game and he is just thinking out loud about what to do in an interview. Maybe he had a conversation with management or the label about what to do. But I doubt he is thinking about unicorns and perfection. It's just a different time-frame to the Use Your Illusion albums, and thinking about it made it hat jiggle a little.

Like I said, it's not a big fuss, there will be advisors and experts on hand. They will get all the information they need, but you never know, they might refer to the forums to see what we are saying. Hence, why I am saying that positive contributions might help on that aspect. I don't know.

Nonetheless, it's all good. Nothing bad is happening, all thoughts are geared towards a new release. But not on your now or never expectation, it has to be at the right moment.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:33:22 PM by Mysteron » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7327 on: January 27, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »

Maybe  hihi

I get it

You're not wrong.  I guess I just don't understand what the "perfect release" means in 2020.  I feel like even A-list artists have all gone guerilla in their approaches to releasing new music.  Be it surprise releases, or what the Pumpkins did in 2018, releasing half the album at one point, and the other half several months later.  The list goes on.

For Slash, GN'R is a probably a bigger release than his other bands, not to put his other bands down.

It's maybe a different ball game and he is just thinking out loud about what to do in an interview. Maybe he had a conversation with management or the label about what to do. But I doubt he is thinking about unicorns and perfection. It's just a different time-frame to the Use Your Illusion albums, and thinking about it made it hat jiggle a little.

Like I said, it's not a big fuss, there will be advisors and experts on hand. They will get all the information they need, but you never know, they might refer to the forums to see what we are saying. Hence, why I am saying that positive contributions might help on that aspect. I don't know.

Nonetheless, it's all good. Nothing bad is happening, all thoughts are geared towards a new release. But not on your now or never expectation, it has to be at the right moment.

The "now or never" comments stem from GNR constantly saying (including post 2016) that their focus is on whatever tour leg, adding that hopefully new music stuff is figured out after the fact.  We know from Sue's now deleted post that they're touring the states after Europe, which means they'll be touring for the bulk of 2020.  If that's the case, and the album plans haven't been finalized by the time the touring machine revs up, then I would double down that this year likely is a no go on that front.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7328 on: January 27, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »

Maybe  hihi

I get it

The "now or never" comments stem from GNR constantly saying (including post 2016) that their focus is on whatever tour leg, adding that hopefully new music stuff is figured out after the fact.  We know from Sue's now deleted post that they're touring the states after Europe, which means they'll be touring for the bulk of 2020.  If that's the case, and the album plans haven't been finalized by the time the touring machine revs up, then I would double down that this year likely is a no go on that front.

If Ireland is the last date on a Euro tour, it doesn't take a genius to work out that North America is next.

There is a lot of 2020 left, maybe they could release their first single on Feb 29th, it's a leap year. There's an idea  beer
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7329 on: January 27, 2020, 03:59:02 PM »

Maybe  hihi

I get it

If Ireland is the last date on a Euro tour, it doesn't take a genius to work out that North America is next.

There is a lot of 2020 left, maybe they could release their first single on Feb 29th, it's a leap year. There's an idea  beer

Haha, I'm in support of any idea that gets an album released sooner than later.  beer
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7330 on: January 27, 2020, 04:01:47 PM »

In twenty twenty
Release Hard school as a song
Keep SoFine Happy

splash/

----

McGann, did that work  hihi ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7331 on: January 27, 2020, 04:04:06 PM »

In twenty twenty
Keep SoFine Happy

splash/

----

I endorse this post!  ok
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #7332 on: January 27, 2020, 04:06:30 PM »

In twenty twenty
Keep SoFine Happy

splash/

----

Oh man...I LOVE IT!
I’ve “Myst” seeing you around...
Thanks for the homage!!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7333 on: January 27, 2020, 04:07:08 PM »

In twenty twenty
Keep SoFine Happy

splash/

----

I endorse this post!  ok

I thought you would  ok hihi

It has to pass the McGann Haiku standard, as he is a black belt, then GN'R have to take it seriously  smoking
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #7334 on: January 27, 2020, 04:10:49 PM »

[/quote]

I thought you would  ok hihi

It has to pass the McGann Haiku standard, as he is a black belt, then GN'R have to take it seriously  smoking
[/quote]

Standard surpassed, sir!!
For your effort I grant you
Haiku black belt, too!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7335 on: January 27, 2020, 09:24:11 PM »

The 31st is rapidly approaching, do you think GNR will debut a new song or stick to the classics?

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7336 on: January 27, 2020, 09:37:00 PM »

The 31st is rapidly approaching, do you think GNR will debut a new song or stick to the classics?

Honestly, no idea.  I assume we will know pretty quickly.  And there will be a "version" of the show (all of it..meaning a bit of each of the artists on the bill) on local fox affiliates at 11:30 PM on Feb 1st.  I just set it up to record to the DVR.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7337 on: January 27, 2020, 10:15:52 PM »

No

But hope I'm wrong. Very very wrong.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7338 on: January 27, 2020, 11:06:12 PM »

I think they stick to classics and hopefully release music later.  Honestly, I don’t think performing a new song live is the way to introduce new music.  It should be introduced as it would be on the album, sounding clean....via radio or internet.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7339 on: January 27, 2020, 11:31:34 PM »

I actually hope they don't premiere a new song live. You know why? Because it will sound rough, just like every first performance of a new addition to the set, and just like any live performance compared to studio perfection. If they want to have the best possible impression upon, not just the fans, but the public in general, I think releasing a studio recording is the way to go. If they do a less than stellar performance of a new song, people will go "meh" and write it off and probably not even bother listening to the studio track once it comes out.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: