Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564110 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7340 on: January 28, 2020, 05:10:03 AM »

I actually hope they don't premiere a new song live. You know why? Because it will sound rough, just like every first performance of a new addition to the set, and just like any live performance compared to studio perfection. If they want to have the best possible impression upon, not just the fans, but the public in general, I think releasing a studio recording is the way to go. If they do a less than stellar performance of a new song, people will go "meh" and write it off and probably not even bother listening to the studio track once it comes out.

That's fair, but at this point - my personal goal to confirm that they are doing something creatively.
Could give a rat's ass what other people think of a Gn'r song's sound and how much mass appeal it has.
Would rather take a rough sounding live version that at least confirms they have some inspiration in terms of new music.

At the same time, if they use the event to announce / inform that they are in fact working on an album but go on to play nothing new - that is just fine with me as well.

Just want some form of band communication that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7341 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »

I actually hope they don't premiere a new song live. You know why? Because it will sound rough, just like every first performance of a new addition to the set, and just like any live performance compared to studio perfection. If they want to have the best possible impression upon, not just the fans, but the public in general, I think releasing a studio recording is the way to go. If they do a less than stellar performance of a new song, people will go "meh" and write it off and probably not even bother listening to the studio track once it comes out.

The ideal scenario would be dropping a single Friday morning, playing it that night, having it one of the featured songs shown on TV.  It's a great opportunity to ride the media wave of SB weekend.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7342 on: January 28, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »

The ideal scenario would be dropping a single Friday morning, playing it that night, having it one of the featured songs shown on TV.  It's a great opportunity to ride the media wave of SB weekend.

Agree 100%, but what do you think of the chances of that happening???  I'll go with slim to none, and slim just left the building.   
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7343 on: January 28, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »

The ideal scenario would be dropping a single Friday morning, playing it that night, having it one of the featured songs shown on TV.  It's a great opportunity to ride the media wave of SB weekend.

Agree 100%, but what do you think of the chances of that happening???  I'll go with slim to none, and slim just left the building.    

I would agree, just going buy the way this whole operation is run, it will just be another show.  I desperately want to be wrong, but 1 new album of music in nearly 30 years does not mean to odds are on our side, however unfortunate.   Undecided
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7344 on: January 28, 2020, 12:10:38 PM »

I thought the media will be focusing on the actual sport part...

I think once they put out new music, it'll get media attention. With or without Super Bowl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7345 on: January 28, 2020, 12:15:40 PM »

I think once they put out new music, it'll get media attention. With or without Super Bowl.

/jarmo

Musical acts get TONS of attention when they're associated with SB weekend.  Think Metallica's "Too Loud For Halftime" show a couple years back.  It'd be a fantastic opportunity if the idea is to kick off a new era. 

Having said that, I'm certainly not saying it's likely, as this would be far from the first squandered opportunity to introduce new music. I'm sure any highlights will consist of and an Illusion era deepcut or two, if that.  Hope I'm wrong.
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7346 on: January 28, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »

Nope - media will focus on the multi-thousandth rendition of an overlong version of Knockin' on Heaven's Door. New music and/or deep cuts be damned.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7347 on: January 28, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »

I hope they perform a new song,  gives us some hope for a new album.

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7348 on: January 29, 2020, 12:43:53 PM »

/jarmo

With every other sports championship game...yes.

With the Super Bowl?  Not so much.  In the states, this is like an unofficial (but almost official) holiday.  And the media focuses on all the glitz and glammer , celebs and events that surround the game.

The game has become ALMOST (almost) an afterthought on Superbowl Weekend. The commercials, the musical acts, and often the TV show that directly follows it on the host network, all get about as much attention as the game, itself, does.  Sometimes I feel like it's more, to be honest.

It's sort of weird.  I don't notice it with any other sport, globally.  Not even the World Cup or the Olympics.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7349 on: January 29, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »

/jarmo

With the Super Bowl?  Not so much.  In the states, this is like an unofficial (but almost official) holiday.  And the media focuses on all the glitz and glammer , celebs and events that surround the game.

The game has become ALMOST (almost) an afterthought on Superbowl Weekend. The commercials, the musical acts, and often the TV show that directly follows it on the host network, all get about as much attention as the game, itself, does.  Sometimes I feel like it's more, to be honest.

It's sort of weird.  I don't notice it with any other sport, globally.  Not even the World Cup or the Olympics.

Yes & No

If you live and breathe NFL football - I could give two smelly sheets about anything other than game time, unless THIS band and maybe a couple of others have something cooking.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:58:16 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7350 on: January 29, 2020, 04:49:26 PM »

/jarmo

With the Super Bowl?  Not so much.  In the states, this is like an unofficial (but almost official) holiday.  And the media focuses on all the glitz and glammer , celebs and events that surround the game.

The game has become ALMOST (almost) an afterthought on Superbowl Weekend. The commercials, the musical acts, and often the TV show that directly follows it on the host network, all get about as much attention as the game, itself, does.  Sometimes I feel like it's more, to be honest.

It's sort of weird.  I don't notice it with any other sport, globally.  Not even the World Cup or the Olympics.

Yes & No

If you live and breathe NFL football - I could give two smelly sheets about anything other than game time, unless THIS band and maybe a couple of others have something cooking.

Most boring sport in the world it drags on for hours and nobody outside the US knows what the fk is going on,anyway good time for GnR to drop new music being a new chapter and all that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7351 on: January 29, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »

Yes & No

That's rather the point, though.  The Super Bowl draws a large casual audience.  Larger, I'd offer, than any other sports championship.  You have no further to look than the ratings and viewership.....which are almost an order of magnitude larger than the viewership of the "other" highest rated game of the NFL season.

So for YOU (and the super fans).....the rest is noise.

For most of the rest of the country (and to a larger extent the rest of the world), who watch about 3 games a year (maybe), it's the noise, and pomp, and circumstance, and pagentry that draws them in.  And it's a BIG focus of the media coverage...both before and after the game.

Seriously, there is more coverage of the commercials the Friday before and the Monday after than there is of who won the game.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7352 on: January 30, 2020, 02:17:18 PM »

There’s another video on GNR’s Instagram labeling this “the next chapter” and I have to say, if they’re not talking about new music they’re literally asking fans to riot.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7353 on: January 30, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »

There’s another video on GNR’s Instagram labeling this “the next chapter” and I have to say, if they’re not talking about new music they’re literally asking fans to riot.

hihi
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7354 on: January 30, 2020, 04:03:41 PM »

Next Chapter in the Not In This Lifetime tour media guide?  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7355 on: January 30, 2020, 04:42:19 PM »

Havnt seen that one yet

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #7356 on: January 30, 2020, 04:43:40 PM »

Exactly. Same book, new chapter.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7357 on: January 30, 2020, 04:58:43 PM »

New Chapter sounds promising, I don't know why everyone is not confident in this band putting out new music.  They could play Hard School tomorrow night, who knows? It was on the Alt setlist...  This is the first album with Duff and Slash back in the band.  Personally, I would like for them to do an exclusive again.. I think it will work better this time.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7358 on: January 30, 2020, 06:05:53 PM »

New Chapter sounds promising,
I don't know why everyone is not confident in this band putting out new music
.  They could play Hard School tomorrow night, who knows? It was on the Alt setlist...  This is the first album with Duff and Slash back in the band.  Personally, I would like for them to do an exclusive again.. I think it will work better this time.

confused
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7359 on: January 30, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »

I hope we get new music tommorow, maybe Hard School or Perhaps...time will tell.

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: