Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 05:51:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1584252 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #7400 on: February 02, 2020, 12:56:53 PM »

We may not have gotten that single we were hoping for today, but at least we can now watch that fucking Looney Tunes video whenever we want.  What a time to be a GNR fan.  hihi

“We”??   Speak for yourself and your made up time tables.  Nobody expected a single today other than you.  Therefor, “we” aren’t let down and showing our frustrations in every other post.

Woah, someone sure likes Looney Tunes.  rofl

Someone feels as though they are an entitled fan. 

They've released 1 new album in nearly 30 years, bud. Is it even possible for a GNR fan to be "entitled"?  Shocked

Yeah. I mean fans are like, “we love what you do, and would love to hear more.”
The band is like, “Oh yeah we have new songs, but we can’t let you hear them ... for uh ... reasons.”

I’ve given up on new music. If it happens great, but I’m not holding my breath.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #7401 on: February 02, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »

We may not have gotten that single we were hoping for today, but at least we can now watch that fucking Looney Tunes video whenever we want.  What a time to be a GNR fan.  hihi

“We”??   Speak for yourself and your made up time tables.  Nobody expected a single today other than you.  Therefor, “we” aren’t let down and showing our frustrations in every other post.

Woah, someone sure likes Looney Tunes.  rofl

Someone feels as though they are an entitled fan. 

They've released 1 new album in nearly 30 years, bud. Is it even possible for a GNR fan to be "entitled"?  Shocked

Yeah. I mean fans are like, “we love what you do, and would love to hear more.”
The band is like, “Oh yeah we have new songs, but we can’t let you hear them ... for uh ... reasons.”

I’ve given up on new music. If it happens great, but I’m not holding my breath.

The truth, I believe,
Is that most fans only know
“Sweet Child”, “Jungle”...

“Paradise City”...
The singles.  They go to shows...
Relive excitement...

And they are getting
Exactly what they want most.
Now...I would like more...

I think it will come...
But why would the things I want
Matter, honestly?

I’m a hardcore fan....
A tiny minority...
Amongst casuals.

That said, I believe
Something is coming this year.
Huge optimism!!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7402 on: February 02, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »

If GNR were savvy they would have a Super bowl AD for a new single...wishful thinking

Rizzo160
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7403 on: February 02, 2020, 07:16:36 PM »

If GNR were savvy they would have a Super bowl AD for a new single...wishful thinking

Good luck getting Universal to pay for that. Tongue
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7404 on: February 02, 2020, 07:32:09 PM »

GNR should pay for it...you keep paying, we will keep paying

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7405 on: February 04, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

Hoping for a surprise album drop 🤞

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7406 on: February 05, 2020, 06:37:09 AM »

GNR should pay for it...you keep paying, we will keep paying

A thirty second Superbowl ad costs $6 million dollars!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7407 on: February 13, 2020, 07:30:11 AM »

Some more background information about how things are these days. Not GN'R specific, but more about the business in general. No wonder Slash made those comments.....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/cd-vinyl-distribution-crisis-950327/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7408 on: February 13, 2020, 07:38:11 AM »

Damn, so the problem is worldwide.

Many of the cds i ordered through my local records store last year many came 1-2 weeks late.

Last one was the new The Who cd

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #7409 on: February 13, 2020, 08:40:06 AM »

Damn, so the problem is worldwide.

Many of the cds i ordered through my local records store last year many came 1-2 weeks late.

Last one was the new The Who cd

A little offtopic but what a great album! I had to say it.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7410 on: February 13, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »

Sure those concerns are valid, but what's puzzling to me is why GNR seems to be the only band that would be caught off guard by these concerns to the point where stonewalls a release.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7411 on: February 13, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »

I read an article that GNR are having a hard time selling tickets to Roger Centre in Toronto.  I think if they release new music it will help ticket sales.  What do you guys think?

Rizzo160
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7412 on: February 13, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »

I read an article that GNR are having a hard time selling tickets to Roger Centre in Toronto.  I think if they release new music it will help ticket sales.  What do you guys think?

It certainly wouldn’t hurt!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7413 on: February 13, 2020, 11:49:22 AM »

There's the million dollar question that I gotta believe the band itself pondered before embarking on this journey.

The first tour was a must see event - they were back together when nobody thought it would happen.

A release after that tour of new material would have cemented their status as being a relevant musical creative force again - basically picking up where they left off 30 years ago. If something were created and allowed to be listened to for a year or so before doing another huge tour, one has to believe it could've brought a whole new generation of fans into the mix.

With nothing new - you are more or less asking the same folks who spent big $ a couple of years ago to dish it out again and that is a tough decision considering the music they are playing on these tours is so old and it's not a stretch to suggest that the majority of the folks who would go to the shows again are also not exactly spring chickens here...a little tougher to pull the trigger on a concert like this than it was when I saw them with Metallica and Faith No More back in the day.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out, that's for sure.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7414 on: February 13, 2020, 11:52:55 AM »

Sure those concerns are valid, but what's puzzling to me is why GNR seems to be the only band that would be caught off guard by these concerns to the point where stonewalls a release.

Nobody said they're the only band. Please stop coming to your own conclusions based on nothing.

Just because they might be considering what could be the best option for them is regarding releasing new music, doesn't mean they're the only band thinking about these things.

Yes, some bands release albums like they've always done. Other bands do things like giving out albums with concert tickets, free downloads etc etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7415 on: February 13, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

Nobody said they're the only band. Please stop coming to your own conclusions based on nothing.

/jarmo

I'm working with information we have, which is more or less jack because in their infinite wisdom, to date the band continues to keep us in the dark regarding new music.  I'm not going to stay silent just because you don't like it when people articulate feelings that could be understood as critical.  And honestly, you don't need to call Scotland Yard to figure out why certain things for GNR are so much harder to overcome than other bands releasing records this year.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7416 on: February 13, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »

I'm working with information we have, which is more or less jack because in their infinite wisdom, to date the band continues to keep us in the dark regarding new music.  I'm not going to stay silent just because you don't like it when people articulate feelings that could be understood as critical.  And honestly, you don't need to call Scotland Yard to figure out why certain things for GNR are so much harder to overcome than other bands releasing records this year.

What part of the information you have available made you come to the conclusion that GN'R is the only band thinking about these issues?

You seem to get frustrated over this issue that you have zero control over. You ask management for an update, when you don't get one, you get more frustrated.

Let me ask you this, do you still listen to Chinese Democracy?

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7417 on: February 13, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »

I certainly do Jarmo and I feel the frustrations  Huh

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7418 on: February 13, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »

What part of the information you have available made you come to the conclusion that GN'R is the only band thinking about these issues?

You seem to get frustrated over this issue that you have zero control over. You ask management for an update, when you don't get one, you get more frustrated.

Let me ask you this, do you still listen to Chinese Democracy?

/jarmo

I dunno. Climate change is out of my control, but it also still frustrates me.  I think that's just human nature.  Yes, I still listen to Chinese Democracy.  Mostly the rawer Zutaut leaks as of late, but yes I still listen to it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7419 on: February 13, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »

I dunno. Climate change is out of my control, but it also still frustrates me.  I think that's just human nature. 

That's good. It's actually something that affects all of us. And we can all do something about it. However small the contribution.

Yes, I still listen to Chinese Democracy.  Mostly the rawer Zutaut leaks as of late, but yes I still listen to it.

So you listen to it, but mostly leaks that weren't released by the band.

There lies another "issue". What if they release songs that you already heard (flashback to the Chinese Democracy release experience!)?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: