Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558458 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7540 on: March 13, 2020, 11:03:07 AM »

There is a time, a place, and a dollar to be made by all for a Chinese Democracy boxset. This is not the time.  hihi

There is.  It's called 1999.  rofl

Hahahaha

Pretty much.  CD II had limited appeal to begin with.

And now after Slash and Duff come back, you want to put it out, with them nowhere on it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7541 on: March 13, 2020, 01:02:57 PM »

Understood. However, the music has likely been accounted for cost wise by the label and the band. There are enough hard core fans worldwide to turn a profit.

Whatever. It's not even worth arguing about anymore.

My final take on the saga is the Chinese material should be left in the vault....all of it. It deserves it's own release on it's own terms whenever the time may be.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7542 on: March 13, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »

My take is, I'll take ANYTHING at this point.

And I do mean anything - as long as it's music related.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7543 on: March 13, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »

That is just not sound business strategy.

Hey, here's a remastered version of an album that didn't make any real impact the first time.  As a bonus, we are including other songs from those sessions recorded by the replacements of the replacements of the guys most of you considered Guns N' Roses anyway.  Order now!! 

I think that's the point though; Axl is saying "fuck you" to UMG by going "you want your contract fulfilled for another album? Here, have the leftovers." So then he can go sign a new deal for the actual new album with somebody else.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7544 on: March 15, 2020, 03:19:07 PM »

So it’s obvious that the tour is going to be postponed until the corona outbreak has petered out (hopefully!). Wouldn’t it be a great time for gnr to release an album now as a way of mitigating the fans disappointment? Obviously corona and the tour postponement is no-one’s fault, but dropping an album now would be a great way of showing the fans some support. Would also be great PR for the band.

Thoughts?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7545 on: March 15, 2020, 03:34:51 PM »

So it’s obvious that the tour is going to be postponed until the corona outbreak has petered out (hopefully!). Wouldn’t it be a great time for gnr to release an album now as a way of mitigating the fans disappointment? Obviously corona and the tour postponement is no-one’s fault, but dropping an album now would be a great way of showing the fans some support. Would also be great PR for the band.

Thoughts?

I get what your saying. My opinion is from a promotional side of things, its not a good time to drop an album. In the wake of how serious this pandemic is, an album release would not garner as much interest from media and the rest of the world in such serious times.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7546 on: March 15, 2020, 05:35:41 PM »

Thoughts?

I get what your saying. My opinion is from a promotional side of things, its not a good time to drop an album. In the wake of how serious this pandemic is, an album release would not garner as much interest from media and the rest of the world in such serious times.

Mate there’s always a million reasons why an album shouldn’t be released. Sometimes you just need to shit or get off the pot

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7547 on: March 15, 2020, 05:42:07 PM »

I would wait until the coronavirus dies out and then release a album.

Rizzo160
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7548 on: March 15, 2020, 07:24:13 PM »

Thoughts?

Mate there’s always a million reasons why an album shouldn’t be released. Sometimes you just need to shit or get off the pot

'Mate'- they are running a business, we are in a global pandemic.  No one in their right mind would release an album right now. People are caring about where the hell their next pay check is coming from, if they have enough food to survive a lockdown, stopping the spread of a disease to prevent a medical catastrophe. The millions who might show a slight interest in buying a Guns album, wouldn't give two fucks right now.  GN'R Cant tour, can't do interviews, can't shoot videos, can't do anything. it would be a flop in comparison. Do i want to hear new music? absolutely, but thats not the point. I would rather see the next album be a massive success and GN'R  reclaim 'the throne'.  The label (in my opinion) will not release an album until COVID-19 is done with.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:26:34 PM by Nightrain7 » Logged

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #7549 on: March 17, 2020, 06:38:59 PM »

NO! If it is successful in killing a lot of humans, that means less people will be able to buy it.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7550 on: March 17, 2020, 07:27:06 PM »

I would release it soon. The people of the world are all at home, scrolling through Spotify anyways. I also liked the idea of them releasing something (preferably an album, but maybe an EP or single), have a live stream from their rehearsal space and play some new stuff. We are all sitting in front of the computer anyways, I'll pay 10 bucks for that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7551 on: March 17, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »

No one in their right mind would release an album right now.

Pearl Jam releases one on March 27

Sweetness is a virtue
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7552 on: March 17, 2020, 08:21:52 PM »

No doubt Pearl Jams album release was planned way before this situation has escalated. Probably something they can't just stop or pull out of easily.  Im not saying I'm right at all, in regards to releasing albums right now. Just my opinion.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7553 on: March 17, 2020, 08:32:15 PM »

No doubt Pearl Jams album release was planned way before this situation has escalated. Probably something they can't just stop or pull out of easily.  Im not saying I'm right at all, in regards to releasing albums right now. Just my opinion.

The whole world has stopped. An album release could easily have been postponed. I think they’re going ahead because a very high percentage of the music consumption is via streaming anyways.

Sweetness is a virtue
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #7554 on: March 20, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »

I’d be totally fine with guns halting plans until next year. I’m actually hoping for it, but we will see how this goes. I just think this two week estimation people got into their heads early on was way to optimistic and I have zero interest in being in close proximity to other people before the roll out a vaccine later in the year/beginning of next year.

And I’m not actually concerned about my own health but going to a concert right now means then suspending my contact with older family for two weeks, and in my case halting my business as well so I don’t infect anyone.

Ticketmaster has a great argument for getting people to buy that ticket insurance after this insanity...

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7555 on: March 20, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »

It would be nice if someone from the band had an update about the album release.Whether it is coming out later this year or next year. beer

Rizzo160
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #7556 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:57 PM »

It would be nice if someone from the band had an update about the album release.Whether it is coming out later this year or next year. beer

'An update from the band', Ahahahahaha

(Wipes tear from my eye), Oh Mercy. Thanks, I needed that

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7557 on: March 20, 2020, 07:52:08 PM »

Funny guy, I guess you like the silence

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7558 on: March 20, 2020, 11:09:53 PM »

The Dead are doing something cool during this time to keep people home and entertained.  Once a week streaming old concerts, for this reason too:

Please consider donating to the Sweet Relief COVID-19 Fund that directly supports musicians and crew members during these difficult times: sweetrelief.org/covid-19-fund

Maybe GNR will jump on the bandwagon.

And if you want to watch https://www.facebook.com/nugsnet/videos/197862584837537/  The String Cheese Incident  Does everybody have an incident with food?  hihi
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:26:21 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7559 on: March 21, 2020, 10:00:39 AM »

I know after 9/11 Springsteen was actually out in public and a casual fan mentioned to him that we needed him.
He ended up putting out The Rising which was a fantastic song and album.
He also later admitted that he had a song or two that he already wrote but somehow seemed to fit with the theme of the album.

This being said, I think it's not unreasonable to suggest that there is one song in the arsenal that we have not heard that may just "fit" with what is going on in the world.
It could be dropped on youtube - and it would not suggest a desire for profit, publicity or anything else of that nature.
It would give people something to hold.

Axl - we need you
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: