Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:53:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559590 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7620 on: April 05, 2020, 10:58:57 AM »

Thanks for the information regarding the effects of the coronavirus on the tour.

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7621 on: April 05, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »

I think anyone suggesting a tour anytime soon needs a reality check - fast

Absolutely. GNR need to reach out to fans though asap and let them know what's going on with their money now.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7622 on: April 05, 2020, 05:57:56 PM »

Thank you, summed up correctly.

Rizzo160
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7623 on: April 05, 2020, 07:01:01 PM »

Could a Guns N’ Roses new album, have the same impact as Tiger King did for Netflix?  Discuss.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7624 on: April 05, 2020, 08:30:55 PM »

I honestly have given up hope on new material.  I think GNR can be considered a touring band, like Queen.  Better than in the early 2000;s but not like their heyday, 1987-1993.

Rizzo160
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #7625 on: April 05, 2020, 10:04:18 PM »

Could a Guns N’ Roses new album, have the same impact as Tiger King did for Netflix?  Discuss.

Sure would and could. GNR could do a lot of things but won’t. There is no new album though. It’s a touring band that absolutely kills it. We would all love a new album and a fitting next chapter but it just won’t happen. Would love to see them go the route of The Rolling Stones and continue to release good material but it is not in the cards...

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7626 on: April 06, 2020, 02:07:14 PM »

Sure would and could. GNR could do a lot of things but won’t. There is no new album though. It’s a touring band that absolutely kills it. We would all love a new album and a fitting next chapter but it just won’t happen. Would love to see them go the route of The Rolling Stones and continue to release good material but it is not in the cards...

I highly, highly doubt it. Despite all of our admiration for GN'R, they haven't been relevant on a pop-culture sense since the early 90's. Despite selling out stadiums, when the Rolling Stones release new material, it does not blow up the charts. The state of music today is not like it was during the MTV era, or even in the early 2000s. The vast amount of fame is monopolized by younger/current pop-stars, or by gimmick songs such as "All About The Bass" or "Old Town Road".  I do believe GN'R is very capable of releasing high quality new music that I will enjoy, I just doubt they will release something that will be a chart topping hit, as that seems to be the territory of those catering to the younger generations, of which I find it hard some guys in their 50's who just made their second round of $$$$$$$$$ and haven't lived as street urchins since about 1986,  will be able to release music that generation will relate to emphatically. Would love to be wrong.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7627 on: April 06, 2020, 03:02:52 PM »

I highly, highly doubt it. Despite all of our admiration for GN'R, they haven't been relevant on a pop-culture sense since the early 90's. Despite selling out stadiums, when the Rolling Stones release new material, it does not blow up the charts. The state of music today is not like it was during the MTV era, or even in the early 2000s. The vast amount of fame is monopolized by younger/current pop-stars, or by gimmick songs such as "All About The Bass" or "Old Town Road".  I do believe GN'R is very capable of releasing high quality new music that I will enjoy, I just doubt they will release something that will be a chart topping hit, as that seems to be the territory of those catering to the younger generations, of which I find it hard some guys in their 50's who just made their second round of $$$$$$$$$ and haven't lived as street urchins since about 1986,  will be able to release music that generation will relate to emphatically. Would love to be wrong.

Well, Tool and Metallica earned the #1 spot on Billboard with their last efforts. Given the rise in popularity since the reunion, I don't see why GN'R can't accomplish the same.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7628 on: April 08, 2020, 02:08:15 PM »

I highly, highly doubt it. Despite all of our admiration for GN'R, they haven't been relevant on a pop-culture sense since the early 90's. Despite selling out stadiums, when the Rolling Stones release new material, it does not blow up the charts. The state of music today is not like it was during the MTV era, or even in the early 2000s. The vast amount of fame is monopolized by younger/current pop-stars, or by gimmick songs such as "All About The Bass" or "Old Town Road".  I do believe GN'R is very capable of releasing high quality new music that I will enjoy, I just doubt they will release something that will be a chart topping hit, as that seems to be the territory of those catering to the younger generations, of which I find it hard some guys in their 50's who just made their second round of $$$$$$$$$ and haven't lived as street urchins since about 1986,  will be able to release music that generation will relate to emphatically. Would love to be wrong.

I guess it comes down to semantics. I don't doubt that a new release could sell well enough to make #1 for its debut week. I was doubting the question of it would have an impact on the scale of "Tiger King". I see memes and news articles everyday about that show. Co-workers have brought it up out the blue. There are references all over pop culture. I'm just not sure a new GN'R release would be of that scale pop culturally.
Well, Tool and Metallica earned the #1 spot on Billboard with their last efforts. Given the rise in popularity since the reunion, I don't see why GN'R can't accomplish the same.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7629 on: April 08, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »

I highly, highly doubt it. Despite all of our admiration for GN'R, they haven't been relevant on a pop-culture sense since the early 90's. Despite selling out stadiums, when the Rolling Stones release new material, it does not blow up the charts. The state of music today is not like it was during the MTV era, or even in the early 2000s. The vast amount of fame is monopolized by younger/current pop-stars, or by gimmick songs such as "All About The Bass" or "Old Town Road".  I do believe GN'R is very capable of releasing high quality new music that I will enjoy, I just doubt they will release something that will be a chart topping hit, as that seems to be the territory of those catering to the younger generations, of which I find it hard some guys in their 50's who just made their second round of $$$$$$$$$ and haven't lived as street urchins since about 1986,  will be able to release music that generation will relate to emphatically. Would love to be wrong.

I guess it comes down to semantics. I don't doubt that a new release could sell well enough to make #1 for its debut week. I was doubting the question of it would have an impact on the scale of "Tiger King". I see memes and news articles everyday about that show. Co-workers have brought it up out the blue. There are references all over pop culture. I'm just not sure a new GN'R release would be of that scale pop culturally.
Pearl Jam just did as well.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7630 on: April 08, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »

Pearl Jam just did as well.

Exactly.  Fear that the album won't sell well should not be the excuse reason why there's no new music.  Unfortunately, all of my "stay positive" energy is focused on the pandemic...so I'm now back to we're not getting a new album, and it's not because of COVID, the state of the music industry, record companies, how people consume music, the artwork of the album, etc., etc.   
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7631 on: April 08, 2020, 08:33:27 PM »

It's the same old song and dance, talk about new album, time passes no new album.  I really believe GNR is a touring band

Rizzo160
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #7632 on: April 09, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »

It's the same old song and dance, talk about new album, time passes no new album.  I really believe GNR is a touring band

Pot Kettle Black

keep crying, maybe someone from UMG will take pity...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7633 on: April 09, 2020, 02:45:55 PM »

Whatever tough guy

Rizzo160
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7634 on: April 17, 2020, 09:42:45 PM »

Looks like Tool is working on a new EP, and the Smashing Pumpkins will be releasing a double album. beer

Rizzo160
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7635 on: April 18, 2020, 04:08:53 PM »

Can't say if this is Fernando for real, but this got posted on reddit today:

flebeis
It’s coming along. This pandemic and the moving of our dates and the replanning of our 2020 year took priority here. I know it’s a long ask, but we are close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g3p9df/fernando_please_update_us_on_the_album/

Sweetness is a virtue
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7636 on: April 18, 2020, 04:18:15 PM »

Looks like Tool is working on a new EP, and the Smashing Pumpkins will be releasing a double album. beer

No. Danny Carey wants to work on new music, or hopes to.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7637 on: April 18, 2020, 04:33:31 PM »

Can't say if this is Fernando for real, but this got posted on reddit today:

flebeis
It’s coming along. This pandemic and the moving of our dates and the replanning of our 2020 year took priority here. I know it’s a long ask, but we are close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g3p9df/fernando_please_update_us_on_the_album/

Oh good, no mention of anybody being sick and them being unable to do anything.  Stay well GNR.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7638 on: April 18, 2020, 04:50:06 PM »

Well, that is heartening. Slash's comments were vague enough that they could have been "recording" ideas and not actually tracking an album.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7639 on: April 18, 2020, 06:09:16 PM »

No. Danny Carey wants to work on new music, or hopes to.

Couldn't the EP be "new music"? Don't understand what you mean here...

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: