Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564204 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7780 on: May 30, 2020, 02:11:02 PM »

Come off it GnR are not a band in the conventional sense they are primarily controlled by Axl  they have put out one album of original material in 29 years.,I'm sure Slash and Duff are pulling their hair out as they probably expected to be putting out new music after the initial run of the reunion tour instead of doing this ongoing nostalgia tour that shows no signs of ending. Hopefully with this down time Axl gets to rethink what way the band should move forward as it's just getting tiresome .

hihi

Some facts:

One tour ended last year.
Another tour was supposed to happen this year.

It's not the same tour unless you know something I don't.

So your assumption of the band members' feelings might be a bit off. I'm sure they know what's going on better than the rest of us.

I don't know what kind of effect some think new GN'R music will have on them. Will it make GN'R "cooler"? Will they like GN'R more? What will happen?
GN'R is my favorite band. I'll enjoy new music when it's released. In the meantime, complaining about the lack of new music between now and the last release holds little interest to me. It is what it is.

Getting frustrated by things you have zero control over, well it's not for me. Maybe it works for others, that's their choice. I don't have to agree with it though... Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:24:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7781 on: May 30, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »

The facts are no new music is forthcoming they played some shows recently and it was more of the same,If the next tour was part of a new album they would say so and make a big deal of it ,we are 4 years into the reunion they could have knocked out 2 albums at this point Slash and Duff went back to their side projects and put out new music so obviously they are eager to stay creative and not solely live in the past.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7782 on: May 30, 2020, 04:31:07 PM »

The facts are no new music is forthcoming they played some shows recently and it was more of the same,If the next tour was part of a new album they would say so and make a big deal of it ,we are 4 years into the reunion they could have knocked out 2 albums at this point Slash and Duff went back to their side projects and put out new music so obviously they are eager to stay creative and not solely live in the past.

I was at the shows. No need to remind me what they did. Also, you seem to know something I don't.

Two albums? Really? No matter that they toured from April 2016 to last November....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:37:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7783 on: May 30, 2020, 08:40:48 PM »

I guess time will tell if an album comes out but at least we have touring.  No need to argue ove things we can't control.  Hope for the best. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7784 on: May 31, 2020, 06:09:36 AM »

I understand wanting to hear new music. I think everyone here does.

But the whole excuse that they need to release music to be a creative entity or creatively credible or whatever. That just seems like an excuse for wanting new music from the band.

They've released amazing music so far, and nothing's gonna change that. On top of that, they played amazing shows around the world in the past four years. Nothing's gonna change that either.  Smiley

New music won't change the past. The people pointing out the number of albums released will still be pointing it out once there's new music to be heard.... "X album(s) in Y years" will always be available for them.  hihi

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7785 on: May 31, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »

I understand wanting to hear new music. I think everyone here does.

But the whole excuse that they need to release music to be a creative entity or creatively credible or whatever. That just seems like an excuse for wanting new music from the band.

They've released amazing music so far, and nothing's gonna change that. On top of that, they played amazing shows around the world in the past four years. Nothing's gonna change that either.  Smiley

New music won't change the past. The people pointing out the number of albums released will still be pointing it out once there's new music to be heard.... "X album(s) in Y years" will always be available for them.  hihi

/jarmo

Wow, talk about backwards logic. So when people say that an artist needs to be creative and productive to be considered relevant and credible then you call this an excuse?? Seriously? Gaslighting in it's purest form.

Ask any non GNR fan is they consider GNR to be credible and relevant. 95% will say a big fat no, if you then ask why I bet 90% will say , they don't release music.

I think we are all grateful for the 97-92 period of creative output but Axl created a rod for his own back in the early 2000's as he made it very clear that NuGNR was to be a reinvented band that was writing, recording and RELEASING music. Yes one album was released (and If memory serves without Axl's consent? I can't actually recall the detail but I do believe if it was entirely up to Axl the album would have been delayed further?) but on almost any objective score card that period was a huge let down in terms of output.

So to push back on fans that have been strung along for 20 years with repeated talks of albums in the vault, ongoing hints by band members that they hope to release music, etc etc etc, to push back and blame the fans and never once admit that the communication from band and management has been extremely poor, confusing and usually fail to meet any tentative deadlines they put out. To fail once ever to admit the band have a poor record on this and it does affect their credibility is an impressive form of twisting yourself into a pretzel to deny to bleeding obvious.

But (and I don't mean to be rude) Jarmo, you do have skin in the game and do gain financially (I assume?) and otherwise by association with this band and that without doubt would be affected if you were to in any way critique the band. So you will forgive most of us for taking your opinions with a very healthy dose of salt. Only a very particular type of person could turn a truism of 'The bands failure to release music is affecting their credibility' into 'aha the fans are making excuses again'. Wow....just....wow.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:49:07 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7786 on: May 31, 2020, 09:42:19 AM »

Wow, talk about backwards logic. So when people say that an artist needs to be creative and productive to be considered relevant and credible then you call this an excuse?? Seriously? Gaslighting in it's purest form.

Well, why do people say this?

You think it's because they want something or they're only looking out for the artists? I think it's mainly the first. People want new music. So instead of saying it like it is, it's the "but they're not creative" line... That's my opinion based on reading comments from GN'R fans regarding new material for about 20 years....

I like an active band. Because it means my favorite band is doing something. I don't need to try to dress it up as something like "they should do something so everyone can see they're doing something".

Also, if these people don't think finishing one of the biggest tours in music history is being productive and relevant, they're being kinda disrespectful.

Ask any non GNR fan is they consider GNR to be credible and relevant. 95% will say a big fat no, if you then ask why I bet 90% will say , they don't release music.

And this affects me how?

For example, 1999, GN'R weren't cool. Did it matter? No.

Ask these people what they think of Chinese Democracy and you'll get a number of opinions. Won't take anything away from me enjoying said album....

I think we are all grateful for the 97-92 period of creative output but Axl created a rod for his own back in the early 2000's as he made it very clear that NuGNR was to be a reinvented band that was writing, recording and RELEASING music. Yes one album was released (and If memory serves without Axl's consent? I can't actually recall the detail but I do believe if it was entirely up to Axl the album would have been delayed further?) but on almost any objective score card that period was a huge let down in terms of output.

So to push back on fans that have been strung along for 20 years with repeated talks of albums in the vault, ongoing hints by band members that they hope to release music, etc etc etc, to push back and blame the fans and never once admit that the communication from band and management has been extremely poor, confusing and usually fail to meet any tentative deadlines they put out. To fail once ever to admit the band have a poor record on this and it does affect their credibility is an impressive form of twisting yourself into a pretzel to deny to bleeding obvious.

But (and I don't mean to be rude) Jarmo, you do have skin in the game and do gain financially (I assume?) and otherwise by association with this band and that without doubt would be affected if you were to in any way critique the band. So you will forgive most of us for taking your opinions with a very healthy dose of salt. Only a very particular type of person could turn a truism of 'The bands failure to release music is affecting their credibility' into 'aha the fans are making excuses again'. Wow....just....wow.

I've said it earlier, to me the credibility isn't about how much material is put out. It's what you put out. My opinion. You have a differing one and that's fine.

We went from "Chinese Democracy is never coming out" to "Only one album with original material since 1991". And new music would change that how?

Yes, I have a different point of view because of my experiences.

I never denied the amount of material put out. But it doesn't bother me to the point that I get upset thinking about it. I don't get upset if a comment made doesn't happen. Especially when said comment wasn't a promise or guarantee.

2014, there was talk about a new album being released. It didn't happen. Does it upset me? No, we got an amazing tour instead. Now it's 2020, tours have been postponed. Is it possible that means the band will work on new material? Sure. Does it mean it will change the past? No. You'll still have the option of being upset about it if you're inclined to do so.

It's ok to say you want new music, because you want new music. We all do. Some of us just manifest it differently.  Smiley

Edited to add: The rest of the world will always find something wrong with everything. I mean, even in 2020 GN'R is still considered "hair metal" by some people while others have been expecting every release since Appetite to sound like Appetite.... So to me the important thing about the band's creative output isn't whether or not it pleases the rest of the world. As long as they're happy with what they have done. That's all that matters to me.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 12:14:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #7787 on: May 31, 2020, 12:17:49 PM »

You think it's because they want something or they're only looking out for the artists? I think it's mainly the first. People want new music. So instead of saying it like it is, it's the "but they're not creative" line... That's my opinion based on reading comments from GN'R fans regarding new material for about 20 years....

I like an active band. Because it means my favorite band is doing something. I don't need to try to dress it up as something like "they should do something so everyone can see they're doing something".

Also, if these people don't think finishing one of the biggest tours in music history is being productive and relevant, they're being kinda disrespectful.

And this affects me how?

Ask these people what they think of Chinese Democracy and you'll get a number of opinions. Won't take anything away from me enjoying said album....

I've said it earlier, to me the credibility isn't about how much material is put out. It's what you put out. My opinion. You have a differing one and that's fine.

We went from "Chinese Democracy is never coming out" to "Only one album with original material since 1991". And new music would change that how?

I never denied the amount of material put out. But it doesn't bother me to the point that I get upset thinking about it. I don't get upset if a comment made doesn't happen. Especially when said comment wasn't a promise or guarantee.

2014, there was talk about a new album being released. It didn't happen. Does it upset me? No, we got an amazing tour instead. Now it's 2020, tours have been postponed. Is it possible that means the band will work on new material? Sure. Does it mean it will change the past? No. You'll still have the option of being upset about it if you're inclined to do so.

It's ok to say you want new music, because you want new music. We all do. Some of us just manifest it differently.  Smiley

Edited to add: The rest of the world will always find something wrong with everything. I mean, even in 2020 GN'R is still considered "hair metal" by some people while others have been expecting every release since Appetite to sound like Appetite....

/jarmo

Apparently its only cool with you cuz your the moderator here and the band pays for your travels, hotels and vip passes to their shows.

Believe me if I was getting the treatment your getting id be defending them how you are....so I don't blame you.

As far things go.....this band is nothing but a tribute band, they haven't released anything  NEW since they got back together  and most likely WON'T. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7788 on: May 31, 2020, 01:05:12 PM »

Apparently its only cool with you cuz your the moderator here and the band pays for your travels, hotels and vip passes to their shows.

So many wrong things in that statement. But believe what you want. Smiley

As far things go.....this band is nothing but a tribute band, they haven't released anything  NEW since they got back together  and most likely WON'T. 

They're Guns N' Roses. Nothing more, nothing less.

They haven't released anything new because they just happened to finish one of the biggest tours in music history last year. Tribute act. LOL.  hihi

At least with your attitude you'll be pleasantly surprised when you're proven wrong! Like when people had the same opinion in early 2008.....

Edited to add: When all else fails, use the "you're paid to say what you say" line. That always works.... Or not. Cheesy

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:13:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7789 on: May 31, 2020, 04:15:22 PM »

Still hopeful for a late 2020 release 🤞

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7790 on: May 31, 2020, 06:35:30 PM »

And this affects me how?

It's ok to say you want new music, because you want new music. We all do. Some of us just manifest it differently.  Smiley

Edited to add: The rest of the world will always find something wrong with everything. I mean, even in 2020 GN'R is still considered "hair metal" by some people while others have been expecting every release since Appetite to sound like Appetite.... So to me the important thing about the band's creative output isn't whether or not it pleases the rest of the world. As long as they're happy with what they have done. That's all that matters to me.

/jarmo

Jarmo , you made the claim that FANS talking about the bands credibility and relevance being damaged as an excuse to have new music (The utter arrogance, delusional and condescension of that comment is mind boggling)….That aside, you made that claim  So I dismantled that silliness by saying fine, why do non GNR fans feel the same way? They aren't 'making excuses' for new music. If your assertion that us fans mentioning they lack credibility is somehow an entirely disingenuous attempt to emotionally blackmail the band into releasing music...….then why do non GNR fans have the exact same viewpoint??

I was pointing out the utter delusion in your assertion. Yet again more fan bashing by you rather than simply say yeah eventually the lack of new music will affect their credibility.....it's really simple to just agree sometimes with irrefutable logic Jarmo, even if it does mean you aren't in lock step with your benefactors.

I don't even see why the band keep you around, I get when the board had actual forum members it may have been a means to control the narrative but the fans voted with their feet once you got some form of gig with the band and almost overnight changed your moderating style to exclude, chastise and censor fans.

Now this board is a ghost town so I don't see how they are getting value for the expenditure. It must cost them tens of thousands of dollars to have an....ummmm, agreeable persona to keep things looking peachy on an obscure and largely irrelevant forum.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:38:30 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7791 on: May 31, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »

Jarmo , you made the claim that FANS talking about the bands credibility and relevance being damaged as an excuse to have new music (The utter arrogance, delusional and condescension of that comment is mind boggling)….That aside, you made that claim  So I dismantled that silliness by saying fine, why do non GNR fans feel the same way? They aren't 'making excuses' for new music. If your assertion that us fans mentioning they lack credibility is somehow an entirely disingenuous attempt to emotionally blackmail the band into releasing music...….then why do non GNR fans have the exact same viewpoint??

Oh, I apologize for sounding all those things. I'm stating my personal opinion which differs from yours. Didn't realize it was causing such emotions. It's always the ones attacking me as someone who's paid to think one way that always get insulted when I don't agree with their opinion. Ironic.

So you're saying that because "outsiders" are saying something, GN'R fans are agreeing with them and that's the only reason they would say that?

I'm saying, a bunch of GN'R fans are saying it because it hides their personal needs/wants.

Kinda like instead of saying "I think this will happen", one can say "I heard a rumor that this will happen". Suddenly, one's belief is more credible. Or if your football team has a player you don't like, you can always say "but the people who don't care about football say he sucks. So my opinion must be right".....

Did you prove my theory wrong? No. Saying other non-fan people say the same thing you say doesn't prove my theory wrong.

I was pointing out the utter delusion in your assertion. Yet again more fan bashing by you rather than simply say yeah eventually the lack of new music will affect their credibility.....it's really simple to just agree sometimes with irrefutable logic Jarmo, even if it does mean you aren't in lock step with your benefactors.

It's not fan bashing when I don't agree with an opinion of certain fans. Don't be silly.

Fan bashing would be me saying, you're an idiot for saying that. I didn't say anything like that. I said you're saying that because you want this to happen, but don't want to stand behind your own personal needs. There's a difference.

Did you know many in the general non GN'R fan world think all GN'R shows start late. In 2020. How does that make you feel? Maybe you agree with them because after all, they are the ones who decide what is the right opinion.....  Wink

I can't say I agree with something I don't agree with.

A band many GN'R fans like, Motley Crue, has released albums in the 1990s when GN'R didn't. I wouldn't call them more credible. After all, they said farewell and scheduled a comeback. So.... But I didn't poll the general public, nor do I care what the general population thinks of said band.... Smiley

I don't even see why the band keep you around,

LOL.

Speaking of arrogance, delusion and condescending comments....

It's a rock band who makes great music, puts on amazing shows. Why does it make you so upset?

And you failed to answer the question on why you put so much meaning in what non fans say. Does it matter what they think? Like I said, their opinions are still pretty much "GN'R shows start late and they're a hair metal band".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:19:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

shadowofthewave
Opening Act

« Reply #7792 on: June 01, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »

Don't count on it. Axl will use any excuse not to release music. It's no coincidence that as soon as concerts are banned he suddenly cares about having a tour directly coincide with a release. If this hadn't happened there would have been another excuse.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7793 on: June 01, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »

Don't count on it. Axl will use any excuse not to release music. It's no coincidence that as soon as concerts are banned he suddenly cares about having a tour directly coincide with a release. If this hadn't happened there would have been another excuse.
I think we should give GNR the benefit of the doubt, since the pandemic has put a wrench in their plans.  If by fall of 2021 no album has come out, then it's time to give up hope of new material.

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7794 on: June 01, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »

Axl hasn't said anything about the release.

Personally I believe there was a possibility that there would have been new music to go with the tours this summer.  I think the two shows that the band played this year aren't representative of what the summer shows would've been like if all had gone as planned. It wasn't supposed to be another leg of the NITL tour (no matter what some claim). But that's just what I believe. 

/jarmo

niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #7795 on: June 01, 2020, 07:11:05 PM »

And yet there will be no new album, give it up. Axl just wants to tour out of the fans expense and play the same old play list that everybody has heard countless of times. BORING
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7796 on: June 02, 2020, 04:17:57 AM »

And yet there will be no new album, give it up. Axl just wants to tour out of the fans expense and play the same old play list that everybody has heard countless of times. BORING

So many insiders, and so many who knows whats going on... i dont care about what Susan, Duff, Slash and Fernando have said regarding new music, when i got you guys here, telling whats gonna happen

Still.. ive seen some GnR shows on the NITLT, there are many  songs from theyr most recent setlist i havent heard yet.. can you explain to me why that is? You said Old Setlist?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7797 on: June 03, 2020, 07:00:29 AM »

So many insiders, and so many who knows whats going on... i dont care about what Susan, Duff, Slash and Fernando have said regarding new music, when i got you guys here, telling whats gonna happen

Still.. ive seen some GnR shows on the NITLT, there are many  songs from theyr most recent setlist i havent heard yet.. can you explain to me why that is? You said Old Setlist?
They are probably covers they were playing up to 9 every night which is way too much ,fans wanna hear GnR music at a gig one or two covers is ok but it just shows that if they had a bigger back catalogue they wouldn't need to be doing other bands songs hence the need for new music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7798 on: June 03, 2020, 07:50:19 AM »

They are probably covers they were playing up to 9 every night which is way too much ,fans wanna hear GnR music at a gig one or two covers is ok but it just shows that if they had a bigger back catalogue they wouldn't need to be doing other bands songs hence the need for new music.

Sorry. Your assumption is wrong.

Some of those covers are on GN'R albums. I bet many people watching the songs don't even think of them as covers at this point.

Some of the covers they played were done as a tribute, some were done for fun. Others, both.

If the band wants to play a song, they will. Your assumption that if one cover song is dropped from the setlist, an original new song will be added is your own wishful thinking. They might just play less songs, add another cover, or an an old song.

At the last show in March, they didn't play two covers that they had in the past, but they also didn't play Coma. The set was just shorter.....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7799 on: June 03, 2020, 09:57:25 AM »

I think we should give GNR the benefit of the doubt, since the pandemic has put a wrench in their plans.  If by fall of 2021 no album has come out, then it's time to give up hope of new material.

OK, but what did you see before the pandemic that gave you the impression this was a priority for them?

Since early 2016, one leg of touring has been announced after another.  Never was there any real serious discussion about anything new.

Even before this virus fucked up the world, we were all noticing that despite random mentions of "a new chapter" there wasn't anything concrete that could be pointed to that supported new stuff this year.

GNR is a for profit nostalgia operation.  Embrace it, I say.  At least Axl finally relented and is doing it with actual people that made GNR what they are and not scabs.  And the shows themselves are solid.

That about as good as we are going to do.  That is GNR in modern day.  Go see your favorite band from high school perform the same songs you loved in high school (and probably still do).

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: