Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564173 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7800 on: June 03, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »

He didn't say it was a priority.

Just like some assume that nothing will change, others see a tour with a different name, and make assumptions based on that

On top of that, you can read certain comments from band members mentioning there being material. It all adds up, and some don't just discredit it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7801 on: June 03, 2020, 11:25:41 AM »

He didn't say it was a priority.

Just like some assume that nothing will change, others see a tour with a different name, and make assumptions based on that

On top of that, you can read certain comments from band members mentioning there being material. It all adds up, and some don't just discredit it.

Lack of any of it ever panning out might play a role there.  But I am just spit balling.

The most logical conclusion, based on all available evidence and past track record, suggest the next move for the this band will be a return to the road.  To play a setlist most of us could write right now, and nail about 90% of it, in order.

That's not a bad thing.  Nor is pointing out that is what's likely a bad thing.  Rationality is never a bad look.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7802 on: June 03, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »

Sure. You could have the attitude that since nothing was released last year, nothing will be released this year. And continue until proven wrong.

I'm just saying people look at things differently.

And when people involved have made comments that they haven't made before, some fans take that into consideration and make an assumption based on what they know.

Some disregard everything and stick with "Well, nothing came out last year so nothing will come out this year".

The most logical conclusion, based on all available evidence and past track record, suggest the next move for the this band will be a return to the road.  To play a setlist most of us could write right now, and nail about 90% of it, in order.

I don't think you could.

I mean, I get it. You assume the setlist would have been 90% the same as it was in Mexico. For the rest of 2020.

And that wasn't necessarily supposed to be the case...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7803 on: June 03, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »

I think we should give GNR the benefit of the doubt, since the pandemic has put a wrench in their plans.  If by fall of 2021 no album has come out, then it's time to give up hope of new material.

OK, but what did you see before the pandemic that gave you the impression this was a priority for them?

Since early 2016, one leg of touring has been announced after another.  Never was there any real serious discussion about anything new.

Even before this virus fucked up the world, we were all noticing that despite random mentions of "a new chapter" there wasn't anything concrete that could be pointed to that supported new stuff this year.

GNR is a for profit nostalgia operation.  Embrace it, I say.  At least Axl finally relented and is doing it with actual people that made GNR what they are and not scabs.  And the shows themselves are solid.

That about as good as we are going to do.  That is GNR in modern day.  Go see your favorite band from high school perform the same songs you loved in high school (and probably still do).
HAHA aint that a fact... Next live merry-go-round should be called The Nostalgia aint what it was tour
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7804 on: June 03, 2020, 12:33:46 PM »

Sure. You could have the attitude that since nothing was released last year, nothing will be released this year. And continue until proven wrong.

And when people involved have made comments that they haven't made before, some fans take that into consideration and make an assumption based on what they know.

Some disregard everything and stick with "Well, nothing came out last year so nothing will come out this year".

/jarmo

And they'd have been almost exclussively right most years wouldn't they....Remove CD and the previous release was an Album that was tried to be stopped. They've got history, and yet you continue to defend the indefencible. GnR releasing music is akin to the dead parrot sketch. Yep its definately dead. Kiss The box set was recordings made last centenury too, welcome for the historians but hardly new music. What have they ee volved into? Answers on the back of a postage stamp.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 12:37:14 PM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7805 on: June 03, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »

The most logical conclusion, based on all available evidence and past track record, suggest the next move for the this band will be a return to the road.  To play a setlist most of us could write right now, and nail about 90% of it, in order.

I don't think you could.

I mean, I get it. You assume the setlist would have been 90% the same as it was in Mexico. For the rest of 2020.

And that wasn't necessarily supposed to be the case...

/jarmo

And they'd have been almost exclussively right most years wouldn't they....Remove CD and the previous release was an Album that was tried to be stopped. They've got history, and yet you continue to defend the indefencible. GnR releasing music is akin to the dead parrot sketch. Yep its definately dead.  Kiss The box set was recordings made last centenury too, welcome for the historians but hardly new music. What have they evolved into? Answers on the back of a postage stamp.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7806 on: June 03, 2020, 12:46:47 PM »

Only at this board was an album released YEARS after it was first discussed, and released over the kicking and and screaming objections of the artist (who then never lifted a finger to promote it or give it any realistic chance to flourish)...only here was that a real "guess he showed you, huh?" type of mic drop scenario.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7807 on: June 03, 2020, 02:40:36 PM »

And they'd have been almost exclussively right most years wouldn't they....

Sure.

Still missing the point. The question was, why would someone come to the conclusion that there could be new music coming in 2020. I pointed out reason(s) why. Simple as that.

Let me ask you this. Since you know what the band will do and they don't ever seem to surprise you. Did you expect them to play Locomotive on the NITL tour?

Only at this board was an album released YEARS after it was first discussed, and released over the kicking and and screaming objections of the artist (who then never lifted a finger to promote it or give it any realistic chance to flourish)...only here was that a real "guess he showed you, huh?" type of mic drop scenario.

The fact that they're still playing Chinese Democracy songs kinda says it all.... Yes, the ones saying it would never come out were wrong. Yes, the ones saying Slash (and maybe Duff) would never play anything that was on Chinese Democracy were proven wrong. These are facts...

You can say these facts don't matter because you were right all those years when you said it was never coming out, until the day it did. But are you that desperate to feel like you are right?

So now you're trying to ridicule the facts which in essence proved, a bunch of people doing what you're doing now, wrong...  Once again, if that makes you feel better. Ridicule the facts. They're still facts....  Smiley

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7808 on: June 03, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »

Getting back on point, if there is a new album, do you guys think the singles will be songs that were leaked or brand new songs.  Still hoping for the General or a new song. beer

Rizzo160
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #7809 on: June 03, 2020, 10:55:30 PM »

Getting back on point, if there is a new album, do you guys think the singles will be songs that were leaked or brand new songs.  Still hoping for the General or a new song. beer

Despite the naysayers constant drum beat, as history has recorded, GNR have always had a stockpile of tunes from which they work...

And if I were a betting man, I would bet my farm that GNR has WAY more material than that which has leaked and yes, there will be new songs on the new album which no one has ever heard...

And absolutely ZERO of these tracks are "leftovers" no matter the date of their origins...

And I agree: The General is highly anticipated, and I too hope it is included on the new album, which is ready and waiting its release...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7810 on: June 04, 2020, 07:29:29 AM »

Sure.

Still missing the point. The question was, why would someone come to the conclusion that there could be new music coming in 2020. I pointed out reason(s) why. Simple as that.

Let me ask you this. Since you know what the band will do and they don't ever seem to surprise you. Did you expect them to play Locomotive on the NITL tour?

The fact that they're still playing Chinese Democracy songs kinda says it all.... Yes, the ones saying it would never come out were wrong. Yes, the ones saying Slash (and maybe Duff) would never play anything that was on Chinese Democracy were proven wrong. These are facts...

You can say these facts don't matter because you were right all those years when you said it was never coming out, until the day it did. But are you that desperate to feel like you are right?

So now you're trying to ridicule the facts which in essence proved, a bunch of people doing what you're doing now, wrong...  Once again, if that makes you feel better. Ridicule the facts. They're still facts....  Smiley

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy is 12 years old the album is ancient at this point the current line up has had many opportunities to release new music but hasn't they may be touring a lot but there has been big gaps between different legs of the tour for them to release an album. Slash and Duff found time to tour and release new music with their side projects, I don't believe this forthcoming tour was gonna be anything different to what they've been doing for the last few  years hence the slow ticket sales .If they were gonna release a new album they would have promoted the tour on this basis and they would be releasing  song snippets and their social media would be on over drive .
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7811 on: June 04, 2020, 07:50:14 AM »

Chinese Democracy is 12 years old the album is ancient at this point the current line up has had many opportunities to release new music but hasn't they may be touring a lot but there has been big gaps between different legs of the tour for them to release an album. Slash and Duff found time to tour and release new music with their side projects, I don't believe this forthcoming tour was gonna be anything different to what they've been doing for the last few  years hence the slow ticket sales .If they were gonna release a new album they would have promoted the tour on this basis and they would be releasing  song snippets and their social media would be on over drive .

As far as I know, the band didn't plan on releasing new materiel during the NITL tour. The tour was the main focus. Just because it makes sense to you, doesn't make it a reality.

Last we heard from anyone in the band, was that there's material, they just need to figure out how to put it out.

You don't think the tour would've been different, that's fine. And I don't agree with you.  Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7812 on: June 04, 2020, 02:50:22 PM »

It was cool.  And the footage I saw of the performance was pretty good.

But it was not then, is not now, and never will be any sort of answer to the question "how can you be so pessimistic about new material?"

They dusted off a song released in September 1991.  Neat for what it was, but perspective is also important.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7813 on: June 04, 2020, 02:53:48 PM »

The fact that they're still playing Chinese Democracy songs kinda says it all....

All it says is that Slash and Duff are good sports.  Just as I would say Axl is a good sport playing VR tunes.  Each side reaching out to the other, which is good.  All men seem in a good place on all this.

But the entire CD era is never going to a brag, dude.  On any level.  It was a failure.   We can debate to what extent and how and what contributed to such, but it will never be seen as some sort of glory period.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7814 on: June 04, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »

But it was not then, is not now, and never will be any sort of answer to the question "how can you be so pessimistic about new material?"

They dusted off a song released in September 1991.  Neat for what it was, but perspective is also important.

You missed the point.

When you think you know what the band is supposed to do, they do something that surprises you....  ok

All it says is that Slash and Duff are good sports.  Just as I would say Axl is a good sport playing VR tunes.  Each side reaching out to the other, which is good.  All men seem in a good place on all this.

But the entire CD era is never going to a brag, dude.  On any level.  It was a failure.   We can debate to what extent and how and what contributed to such, but it will never be seen as some sort of glory period.

That's your opinion. I don't agree. To me it says "Here are some songs that you might not have heard because you didn't buy the record, but we're gonna play them anyway because they are part of this band's history".... Something like that.

There's no failure in releasing great music. Once again, you focus on the negatives. That's just how some people are.

Glory period? The record came out, there was a band touring multiple times. I'll take that over nothing for 20 years. But hey, what do I know! Allegedly I'm told to think that!  hihi

Some like to focus on what a "failure" those years were. I enjoyed the shows. I enjoyed the album. I don't know about the rest of you.... But focusing on what something isn't or what you don't have, hasn't really been my thing for quite some time. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:58:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7815 on: June 04, 2020, 06:18:09 PM »

You missed the point.

When you think you know what the band is supposed to do, they do something that surprises you....  ok

That's your opinion. I don't agree. To me it says "Here are some songs that you might not have heard because you didn't buy the record, but we're gonna play them anyway because they are part of this band's history".... Something like that.

There's no failure in releasing great music. Once again, you focus on the negatives. That's just how some people are.

Glory period? The record came out, there was a band touring multiple times. I'll take that over nothing for 20 years. But hey, what do I know! Allegedly I'm told to think that!  hihi

Some like to focus on what a "failure" those years were. I enjoyed the shows. I enjoyed the album. I don't know about the rest of you.... But focusing on what something isn't or what you don't have, hasn't really been my thing for quite some time. Smiley

/jarmo

I think if GnR released a good solid album it would have a huge effect on Rock music in general and would move it back into the mainstream they are one of the few bands that could do that,when Appetite and the Illusions records came out they helped  indirectly other bands get heard on the radio and got people interested in checking out similar types of music ,Nirvana got big very quickly probably because hard rock had caught people's attention so they  got maximum exposure on radio and TV and in the music press.The music industry has changed drastically since as a lot of older bands seem reluctant to release new music whether it's a case of knowing it won't sell enough to spend the money on it and most of their fans just wanna hear the old favourites however I think GnR in it's current incarnation would really shake up the industry if they put out new music.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7816 on: June 04, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »

I agree with you GNR could be like Aerosmith was in the late 80s and early 90s.  It's time to put an album out and continue the legacy. beer

Rizzo160
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7817 on: June 04, 2020, 11:12:50 PM »

I agree with you GNR could be like Aerosmith was in the late 80s and early 90s.  It's time to put an album out and continue the legacy. beer

Bit unlikely now, perhaps 10 years ago yes. For one rock music is nowhere near as popular as popular these days, without being cruel Axl doesn't have the physical lean look that Steven Tyler did back then and Slash is pretty stationary and has a bit of a Mick Mars walking corpse thing going on mostly now.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7818 on: June 05, 2020, 03:23:43 AM »

Sure.

/jarmo

Slash had already written most of that album when the reunion happened, so he only had to finish it.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7819 on: June 05, 2020, 06:48:58 AM »

I think if GnR released a good solid album it would have a huge effect on Rock music in general and would move it back into the mainstream they are one of the few bands that could do that,when Appetite and the Illusions records came out they helped  indirectly other bands get heard on the radio and got people interested in checking out similar types of music ,

I think the fact that they got back together has had a huge impact on rock music. Yes, some new music from the band would continue that. There would be more for the media to write about, so more exposure.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: