Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558736 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7820 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:00 PM »

Glory period? The record came out, there was a band touring multiple times. I'll take that over nothing for 20 years. But hey, what do I know! Allegedly I'm told to think that!  hihi

To a guy dying of thirst, a thimble of rainwater is welcome.  It hardly means any third party watching the scene play out will try and say he's really got it good.

As for the bit you tossed in at the end...I don't know.  That seems an unproductive road for you to travel.  We all know the score.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7821 on: June 05, 2020, 12:41:07 PM »

I apply the same attitude to GNR that I apply to politicians and many entities - I believe things when they actually happen, but remain hopeful.

If I was a betting man I can't say I'd put a lot of money on hearing new material any time soon, simply for that reason. I've been a fan of bands of all types for too long to know that anything less than a firm release date isn't worth anything. There are a great many 'lost' albums in the history of music that musicians have claimed to be working on that have never materialized over the years.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7822 on: June 05, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »

To a guy dying of thirst, a thimble of rainwater is welcome.  It hardly means any third party watching the scene play out will try and say he's really got it good.

As for the bit you tossed in at the end...I don't know.  That seems an unproductive road for you to travel.  We all know the score.

2003-2005 were kinda bleak. 2006-2014 weren't.

You just choose to think of it in a certain why because you couldn't have it your way. It wasn't as horrible as you want to tell us. Meaning, everything didn't constantly suck.

I know everything has been constantly sucking for some since about 2016. Because they saw a show and after that it's been "we need new music".... But.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7823 on: June 05, 2020, 08:55:52 PM »

I agree with you GNR could be like Aerosmith was in the late 80s and early 90s.  It's time to put an album out and continue the legacy. beer

Bit unlikely now, perhaps 10 years ago yes. For one rock music is nowhere near as popular as popular these days, without being cruel Axl doesn't have the physical lean look that Steven Tyler did back then and Slash is pretty stationary and has a bit of a Mick Mars walking corpse thing going on mostly now.
Gnr,Def Leppard, Ac⚡Dc ,Aerosmith, Metallica still draw massive crowds to their tours more than most pop acts and are very popular on streaming platforms and have a broad range of age groups that listen to them ,Metallica's recent album did very well and was well received so I don't see why GnR couldn't do the same.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7824 on: June 07, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »

I know everything has been constantly sucking for some since about 2016. Because they saw a show and after that it's been "we need new music".... But.... Smiley

I think everything from April 2016 has been amazing.  A victory lap very few of us thought we'd ever see. 

If they never release another song, I'm glad this is the way they will be remembered.  One of the top rock bands of their era selling out stadiums to great acclaim.  As opposed to slowly fizzling out, playing smaller spots, and no one caring.

DX = Happy Camper since 4/1/16

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7825 on: June 07, 2020, 06:36:51 PM »

Great!

So you're not part of the vocal minority whining about the (successful) touring..... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7826 on: June 07, 2020, 08:08:58 PM »

Great!

So you're not part of the vocal minority whining about the (successful) touring..... Smiley

I have consistently said that, on balance, this is the best tour of the band's career.

I love the UYI tour like mad.  Listen to bootlegs from it to this day.  But this is how I want people to remember this band.  This tour.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7827 on: June 07, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »

I think the majority of the people are happy with the touring of GNR.  I think people are just fustrated with no new material, and lack of direction by management.  I think once GNR puts out an album it will quell the masses and make GNR great again.  The touring is nice but without an album it diminishes GNR legacy. Hopefully we get an album next year. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7828 on: June 08, 2020, 08:08:21 AM »

lack of direction by management. 

I think part of the problem is that some people don't realize that the management works for the artists. Not the other way around.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7829 on: June 08, 2020, 10:35:58 AM »

lack of direction by management.

I think part of the problem is that some people don't realize that the management works for the artists. Not the other way around.

/jarmo

Fair point. Band Management no doubt have been tearing their hair out about the band (Axl's) inability to release music, totally agree.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7830 on: June 08, 2020, 11:40:47 AM »

Fair point. Band Management no doubt have been tearing their hair out about the band (Axl's) inability to release music, totally agree.

They released the AFD reissue. So they have released music.  ok

On top of that, people who have worked with the band for decades have a better understanding of the situation than those who haven't.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7831 on: June 08, 2020, 01:48:29 PM »

Reissuing music is not a big feat...fans want new music beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7832 on: June 08, 2020, 02:23:08 PM »

Reissuing music is not a big feat...fans want new music beer

Considering the GN'R albums were/are the kind of classic hard rock albums that deserved deluxe reissues I'm glad it was released.

If somebody makes a claim about the inability to release music, without specifying, then....

I'm sure the band and management are aware of this want for new music. They were aware of it in 2001, 2006, 2017... And so on. Smiley
It'll be out when they want it to be out.  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7833 on: June 08, 2020, 02:32:30 PM »

Management gives no fucks about a new album.  Why would they?  Money is rolling in hand over fist the past 4 years without one. 

It's the band that has to want to do it.  More specifically one guy.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7834 on: June 08, 2020, 03:40:28 PM »

Management gives no fucks about a new album.  Why would they? 

Why? I can guess. Because they know there's demand for it? They know Universal would want one? They know it's the natural next step?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7835 on: June 08, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »

Why? I can guess. Because they know there's demand for it? They know Universal would want one? They know it's the natural next step?

Dude, that has been the case for YEARS.  That's not new.  But not much you can do with an uncooperative artist.

I am speaking strictly in terms of business though.  They are selling out stadiums literally the world over just playing back catalog.  There is not a real compelling reason they need a new album to keep that gravy train rolling.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7836 on: June 08, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »

Dude, that has been the case for YEARS.  That's not new.  But not much you can do with an uncooperative artist.

I am speaking strictly in terms of business though.  They are selling out stadiums literally the world over just playing back catalog.  There is not a real compelling reason they need a new album to keep that gravy train rolling.

Maybe the reason is what the artist wants? Maybe the artist don't want to do what you insinuate?

The whole "they don't wanna release anything because they would have done so already if they did" logic is just this weird way of thinking that if 1 isn't true, then you didn't want 1 to happen.

Sometimes it's true though. Like, I doubt they were considering putting out new music in 2016, or 2017. For example. Just because they didn't doesn't mean they don't want to.

It's 2020, they have the material. They're allegedly working on it. Just to keep it for themselves? That's the logic now?  Huh

I mean, I'll believe that last part if they say so. Until then....

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7837 on: June 08, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »

If there was no reunion plans back in 2015, and the CD era band was still playing, im sure CD 2 would have been released years ago. The reunion happend, and that was the focus from 2016. They have toured alot the last 4 years, and if they also have made an album toghether, i would say thats pretty impressive. Yeah, it might include some CD era songs, or not... we dont know anything about that yet.

You also got to remember that the situation is differet for Axl too now. With Duff and Slash back in the band, the pressure is not only on his shoulders, they share that pressure between them, and it might also be more easy to release the material they have a fellow confidence on.

I have a good feeling that we will hear new music very soon.
Would have been cool with a new GnR single for this summer😁

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7838 on: June 08, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »

Megadeth started to record their new album  beer

Rizzo160
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7839 on: June 09, 2020, 05:02:28 AM »

They released the AFD reissue. So they have released music.  ok

On top of that, people who have worked with the band for decades have a better understanding of the situation than those who haven't.

/jarmo

Yet again we agree. Many members of GNR have expressed frustration and actually left the band due to an inability to release music and pointed the finger squarely at Axl, so again you are correct that we should trust those in the know.

As for AFD re-release being new music....how adorable. Truly adorable the lengths you go to, to shield your benefactors.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:23:00 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: