Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:52:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559324 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7840 on: June 09, 2020, 06:21:40 AM »

Many members of GNR have expressed frustration and actually left the band due to an inability to release music

Wait, does that mean that you're thankful for that because otherwise we wouldn't be here with this line up in 2020?  Huh

See, not everything is as bad as you portray it.  ok

As for AFD re-release being new music....how adorable. Truly adorable the lengths you go to, to shield your benefactors.

I didn't say it was new music. It was a previously released album with some previously unreleased music. But you said they have an inability to release music, I just pointed out the facts that they have released something.  ok

A certain type of individuals like to make generalizations like "they can't release music" or "they haven't released anything since 2008". That's just not true.

They have released music, just because it wasn't the music you wanted doesn't make it false.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7841 on: June 09, 2020, 09:06:13 AM »

This is the definition of insanity - really

People are on a message board and expressing frustration about no new music (Isn't that what these boards are for?) in a topic about "Next album" nonetheless
Yet are constantly being told we don't know what we don't know and how would we know what others know and shouldn't assume we know because things aren't going exactly as we hoped and we are negative because they've been touring consistently and asking about new material is selfish and reveals nothing more than being unrealistic or spoiled or clueless or unhappy - blah blah blah

How about this: Axl Rose himself in an interview said "I just want to bury Appetite. I like the album but..." - this was what? 30 years ago?
He has buried nothing. That album isn't able to be buried anyway because it's a rock masterpiece - and he knows it obviously now

I remember back in the day after several years of non-stop listening to the Illusions, thinking - their next album is going to be the most amazing record ever - and thinking "what's next and when" - that was what? 25 years ago? - and yes I'm not counting Chinese as the next album because an odd collection of songs made by 15 mercenary musicians isn't exactly the same.

Oh right - now Covid can be blamed because they won't tour without a new album and can't tour because Chinese people eat bats

Just let people vent and be pissed in this space or state clearly that it is not allowed because the demeaning and condescension here lately is just off the charts

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:09:29 AM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7842 on: June 09, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »

People are on a message board and expressing frustration about no new music (Isn't that what these boards are for?) in a topic about "Next album" nonetheless

It says rumor and speculation.

Doesn't say "Frustration that it's not coming out when I want it to" thread. Smiley

Yet are constantly being told we don't know what we don't know

You don't like facts?  Cheesy

Just let people vent and be pissed in this space or state clearly that it is not allowed because the demeaning and condescension here lately is just off the charts

After a few years of the same whin... frustrations, it becomes boring. We went through it with Chinese Democracy already. Remember? I do. Some spent the majority of 2008 feeling frustrated that it wasn't coming out. Until October.

You'd think people would learn something after that. That no amount of whin... frustration is gonna bring new music out sooner. But I guess not....

And once there's new music, you can always fall back on "it took this long for them to release this?" or "X albums in Y years!"... Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7843 on: June 09, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »

Spot on analysis beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7844 on: June 09, 2020, 12:34:51 PM »

Either you let this frustration get you upset, or you don't.

It's art. There's no definite timeline. No matter how much you think you're owed new music because you've been a fan for a long time. In reality, artists retire, they quit the business, bands break up etc. There's never a guarantee that an artist whose music/art you like will keep doing it forever. Sometimes your tastes even change and you don't like the artist's output anymore. Sometimes they change their style.

A bunch of bands I used to listen to don't exist anymore. I'm glad we still have GN'R.

But that's just my opinion. Others spend their time being upset that GN'R will never be the band they think GN'R should be.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7845 on: June 09, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

I guess for me it's just frustrating when every 6 months someone from GNR comes out and says there is new music and then months later nothing comes out. I wish they would have a clearer plan or just say that they are not working on a new album.  Hopefully we get an update on the touring for next year. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7846 on: June 09, 2020, 01:42:43 PM »

I guess for me it's just frustrating when every 6 months someone from GNR comes out and says there is new music and then months later nothing comes out. I wish they would have a clearer plan or just say that they are not working on a new album.  Hopefully we get an update on the touring for next year. beer

Ok.

But there is music. That should be the good news. When Chinese Democracy was released, they didn't use all the songs they had for that album.

It's also possible new material has been created since then. So for them to deny there being material would be pointless.

How frustrated would you be if they announced a release date and nothing happened? Because that's something they haven't done.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7847 on: June 09, 2020, 02:34:49 PM »

Good points, hopefully we will get a new album sooner than later. beer

Rizzo160
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7848 on: June 09, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »

Either you let this frustration get you upset, or you don't.

It's art. There's no definite timeline. No matter how much you think you're owed new music because you've been a fan for a long time. In reality, artists retire, they quit the business, bands break up etc. There's never a guarantee that an artist whose music/art you like will keep doing it forever. Sometimes your tastes even change and you don't like the artist's output anymore. Sometimes they change their style.

A bunch of bands I used to listen to don't exist anymore. I'm glad we still have GN'R.

But that's just my opinion. Others spend their time being upset that GN'R will never be the band they think GN'R should be.

/jarmo

Passive-aggressive much?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:01:35 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7849 on: June 09, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »

Passive-aggressive much?

Not really. Did I say something sensitive?

Regarding some feeling being owed music. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just the same kind of generalizations others make.

Yes, I've read enough over the years to get the feeling that some think of their favorite bands like they own stock in a company.... You're more than welcome to disagree. It's just my opinion after all.

Ever seen the "they wouldn't be where they are in their mansions today without us fans" type of posts? No? Ok.... I have.

Some sure seem to get all upset about me posting my opinions and my personal point of view. Sometimes it's the same people asking me to let them keep being frustrated...

Complaining and being frustrated should be championed, questioning it isn't possible unless someone asks/pays you to. LOL.  hihi

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7850 on: June 09, 2020, 04:13:01 PM »

Passive-aggressive much?

Not really. Did I say something sensitive?

/jarmo

There you go again you silly man
Just keep spinning it baby -

But gotta say - I don't believe there is one fan here or anywhere that "feels they are owed an album" because of years put into this band
That assumption in itself and repeatedly posted here is just feels ignorant and offensive

As I clearly stated - I felt the same way 20 years ago as I do today regarding wanting a new album to enjoy - and it has absolutely ZERO to do with entitlement sir
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7851 on: June 09, 2020, 05:09:03 PM »

Like I said, feel free to disagree. I know what I've read/heard over the years. Smiley

How is it offensive?

As I clearly stated - I felt the same way 20 years ago as I do today regarding wanting a new album to enjoy - and it has absolutely ZERO to do with entitlement sir

And I clearly stated it wasn't aimed personally at you. Multiple times.

Yet here you are acting like it was. Not every post I make is about you.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7852 on: June 09, 2020, 11:27:36 PM »

Many members of GNR have expressed frustration and actually left the band due to an inability to release music

Wait, does that mean that you're thankful for that because otherwise we wouldn't be here with this line up in 2020?  Huh

See, not everything is as bad as you portray it.  ok

As for AFD re-release being new music....how adorable. Truly adorable the lengths you go to, to shield your benefactors.

I didn't say it was new music. It was a previously released album with some previously unreleased music. But you said they have an inability to release music, I just pointed out the facts that they have released something.  ok

A certain type of individuals like to make generalizations like "they can't release music" or "they haven't released anything since 2008". That's just not true.

They have released music, just because it wasn't the music you wanted doesn't make it false.

/jarmo

Not even going to respond to your first response as it was clearly nonsense and totally avoided answering my point (which clearly refuted yours)

As for 'releasing music, you know damn well that we mean NEW music. I mean the name of the thread is 'Next Album' and you knew what was meant but chose to become a human pretzel again and not respond to the point but to pivot to an alternate version of the question that was more favourable. To play semantic games to avoid the obvious shows such immaturity, lack of integrity and yet again condescending to the extreme.

It's just impossible to have an adult conversation with someone that can't converse in good faith nor ever concede or compromise. .

I'll remain chatting to actual fans but unfortunately I will no longer respond to you Jarmo, due to the ongoing lack of integrity and a level of spin that would make Kelly Anne Conway blush (And yes I'm sure you don't care but I suspect if forum members were given an option to ignore 'another forum member you would wind up on a very deserted island) The sheer gaslighting and spin is quite breathtaking.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 11:49:23 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7853 on: June 10, 2020, 06:44:13 AM »

Not even going to respond to your first response as it was clearly nonsense and totally avoided answering my point (which clearly refuted yours)

Of course you won't. You'd have to admit that everything isn't doom and gloom. Smiley

I'm not gonna argue about why people left the band because I don't know the facts. I'm sure everyone who's been in the band knew what band they joined and it was still a good idea to them. And because people left for whatever reason, we are here in 2020.

As for 'releasing music, you know damn well that we mean NEW music. I mean the name of the thread is 'Next Album' and you knew what was meant but chose to become a human pretzel again and not respond to the point but to pivot to an alternate version of the question that was more favourable. To play semantic games to avoid the obvious shows such immaturity, lack of integrity and yet again condescending to the extreme.

Yes I'm aware. My point was that they did release something, something they hadn't before. The record company put out something "new" with the GN'R name on it. To me that's a good sign. For the future.

Hopefully this will translate into their next release together which we hope is new music. In some form.

Wow, I'm multi talented! Cheesy

It's just impossible to have an adult conversation with someone that can't converse in good faith nor ever concede or compromise. .

I'll remain chatting to actual fans but unfortunately I will no longer respond to you Jarmo, due to the ongoing lack of integrity and a level of spin that would make Kelly Anne Conway blush (And yes I'm sure you don't care but I suspect if forum members were given an option to ignore 'another forum member you would wind up on a very deserted island) The sheer gaslighting and spin is quite breathtaking.

Lack of integrity? That's funny. The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.

Once again, just because my opinion differs from yours you make the wrong assumption that it's not my real opinion. You can't have a discussion without trying to constantly point out my "flaws". Instead of discussion the topic. You've failed to present anything valid other than big words describing how you see me. Insults are immature even if you use big adult words instead of sandbox terms.

Bottom line, you get defensive because my opinion differs from yours and I say what I think. I shouldn't say what I think, because in your opinion, my opinion isn't mine. I shouldn't say that in my opinion feeling frustrated over something you have no control over isn't productive, because your feelings might get hurt. And when I do I'm condescending and lack integrity.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7854 on: June 10, 2020, 06:49:05 AM »

I remember in 2008, some were still frustrated in the late summer. And then they announced the album's release....

Things have changed since then though. Back then Spotify barely existed. Digital music meant buying songs on iTunes etc...

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #7855 on: June 10, 2020, 07:55:10 AM »

I remember in 2008, some were still frustrated in the late summer. And then they announced the album's release....

Things have changed since then though. Back then Spotify barely existed. Digital music meant buying songs on iTunes etc...

/jarmo

This is one of the more recent quotes from Slash back in January on GnR releasing new music ,for a guy who has no problems releasing his own solo albums even during the reunion I find this quite bizzare and not very encouraging however during the current pandemic I cannot see GnR touring for a while so hopefully they can focus on putting out new music.

Slash has spoken once again about the highly anticipated new Guns N’ Rosesstudio album.

The guitarist confirmed in May last year that new material was in the works, with his bandmember Richard Fortus checking in earlier this month to say he hoped new music from the band would emerge this year.

And in a new interview with Guitar where he was asked if he’d be willing to share any new information about the record, Slash replied: “There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. 

“Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. 

“It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

When it was pointed out that the music industry has changed a lot since the last time Guns N’ Roses released an album, Slash responded: “Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Make a record and go old school.’ And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’”

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7856 on: June 10, 2020, 08:03:36 AM »

I'm not sure what you get out of that statement.

To me it's more about how to do it. Not if they can do it. Smiley

Like it says, albums are how we are used to enjoying music. You buy an album, or listen to an album on a streaming service. But then there's the other side of the music listening public who doesn't do that. They listen to songs.

I guess in a way singles and music videos used to be the way to reach the latter group. People who didn't buy albums heard the song on the radio or saw the video on MTV. Nowadays everything is more fractured in a way. There's no one place where everyone goes to see a new music video. You'd have to go on Youtube and search for it. Or see it on your social media feeds.

So does it make sense to release an album these days? Or is there something better?  Huh

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7857 on: June 10, 2020, 10:27:10 AM »

This is the definition of insanity - really

Yet are constantly being told we don't know what we don't know and how would we know what others know and shouldn't assume we know because things aren't going exactly as we hoped and we are negative because they've been touring consistently and asking about new material is selfish

Beautifully said

Clearly if the band has good material the issue with releasing it is one that other bands such as the Stones and Pearl Jam have to overcome? It can't be Slash or Duff as they never had and still don't have issues releasing music, it can't be management as the issue traverses many managers.....what common thread applies to GNR that other bands do not posses that could possibly explain this phenomena?

As (His name escapes me ) mentioned we should refer to those in the know to determine what is happening. As advised we revisit the words of the Producers, band members, managers and others in the inner sanctum all of whom are in alignment on this issue and ask what the common denominator was that they all spoke of.

What was that one common denominator?

As an artistic entity it seems unlikely that yet again there is an actual roadblock PREVENTING music from being released if indeed there is music written and recorded. As mentioned others bands are doing so in this environment. Therefore it seems logical that the roadblock is maximising money or insecurity (speculation obviously) which for a band with millions in the bank feels a little sad that money is of greater value than the burning desire to get music out. If Axl does indeed have multiple albums in the vault (and we have heard plenty of that) and with all this down time years into a reunion it does seem utterly odd that the band can't release an album now and another when touring is viable again.

Then again we cast our minds back to that common denominator of a roadblock mentioned by Izzy, Slash, Duff, Bumblefoot, Robin, Buckethead, a small handful of Managers etc etc and that roadblock remains in place.(Speculation of course but if past is prologue then it stands to reason unless proven otherwise that the same roadblock exists)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:40:08 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7858 on: June 10, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »

If the artist decides the music isn't ready to be released at a certain time, what's the problem? After all, it's his art, his choice.

Why does it bother you so much?

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7859 on: June 10, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »

I think there's no rational answer to that.
but i guess it works like a drug, literally.

the good thing is the dose only costs you 12 dollars every 15 years and you can't O.D.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: