Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559481 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7980 on: July 18, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »

Wonder when we will get a proper update about the album, if it is coming out this year or next year beer?

I'm no expert, but I'd say sometime later. Probably after....

After what, that's the question.

Seriously though, at this point, everything is in flux.When will things be sort of back to the new normal?

Does it make sense to wait until there's a way to tour somewhat normally? Or just release it without any tour to support the release?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7981 on: July 18, 2020, 04:31:25 PM »

Just so frustrating with everything going on...I guess we won't know anything till the tour kicks off.  Looking more like next year till there is a vaccine, too risky to have 50k people in one arena beer

Rizzo160
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7982 on: July 19, 2020, 08:44:01 AM »

Wonder when we will get a proper update about the album, if it is coming out this year or next year beer?

I'm no expert, but I'd say sometime later. Probably after....

After what, that's the question.

Seriously though, at this point, everything is in flux.When will things be sort of back to the new normal?

Does it make sense to wait until there's a way to tour somewhat normally? Or just release it without any tour to support the release?

/jarmo

Think we can all agree that COVID ain’t goin away anytime soon. Would be cool if Guns started dropping a track or 2 every other month or so and then maybe package a release with all the singles just prior or at the start of a presumably rescheduled tour

ETA - be a great way to maintain interest for the many thousands of fans who will be disappointed about not seeing their fave band this year and also be a nice lead up to the rescheduled shows
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 08:45:35 AM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7983 on: July 19, 2020, 03:54:37 PM »

Have a feeling nothing will be released till the tour starts.  Probably best case scenario is a spring release next year or a fall release next year. beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7984 on: July 19, 2020, 10:39:18 PM »

As much as Axl likes to talk about wild ideas and changing things up radically, at the end of the day we never got that re-recorded Appetite, the back to basics album in 1994, an Axl solo album he was talking about in 1992, and CD ended up being a bog-standard single-CD album format. I'd expect a single before the album comes out, and maybe even before it's announced just as a surprise drop, but nothing really different, and I'm fine with that. I think 99% of GNR fans could give a shit how it's packaged, they just want to hear the music. Even if I have to stream it and can never actually purchase it like they're doing with so many things now to make perpetual profit.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7985 on: July 21, 2020, 07:44:38 AM »

I don't remember being promised any of those things.

He did talk about releasing a follow up to Chinese Democracy. I think the experience of releasing that album in 2008 possibly soured the idea of repeating the process as soon as possible.... Once that was gonna happen, the band was in turmoil and then came Not In This Lifetime.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7986 on: July 21, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

I guess we are all frustrated with the inability of GNR to release an album. Another year without new music is hard to swallow. Hopefully next year brings new music

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7987 on: July 22, 2020, 06:24:15 AM »

I guess we are all frustrated with the inability of GNR to release an album. Another year without new music is hard to swallow. Hopefully next year brings new music

To put things in perspective. A lot of people lost their lives this spring and summer. A lot of people lost loved ones. On top of that, a lot of people lost their jobs.

I'm sure you'll manage if you don't get what you want.

With that said, I do think it's possible that there will be some new music in 2020. But it all depends on what the plan going forward is....

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7988 on: July 22, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »

With all due respect I realize the current affairs of today.  It's that there is always excuses, touring, not knowing how to release an album.  I just hope when things get back to normal that we do indeed get a album.

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7989 on: July 22, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »

Nope, not "all of us".

Some people.

I pretty much consider what the plans WERE (apparently) which included new music, and give them a pass given what's currently going on.  There are a lot of others who do, too.

YMMV.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7990 on: July 22, 2020, 10:51:42 AM »

With all due respect I realize the current affairs of today.  It's that there is always excuses, touring, not knowing how to release an album.  I just hope when things get back to normal that we do indeed get a album.

What you call excuses are reasons.

The plan during the NITL tour was to tour, and Axl was hoping that Duff and Slash would work on the songs he already had. He clearly stated in 2016 that he didn't know when it would be out.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7991 on: July 22, 2020, 06:47:36 PM »

Not just talking about this year but the last 12 years of empty promises.  Hopefully next year will bring new music but I would not hold my breath. beer

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7992 on: July 23, 2020, 08:41:47 PM »

I'm recovering from hernia surgery that I had yesterday. As a result, I'm  not frustrated. There are bigger things going on right now.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7993 on: July 23, 2020, 09:05:06 PM »

Keep drinking the KoolAid beer

Rizzo160
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7994 on: July 24, 2020, 08:31:30 AM »

I'm recovering from hernia surgery that I had yesterday. As a result, I'm  not frustrated. There are bigger things going on right now.

Get well soon!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7995 on: July 25, 2020, 07:12:25 PM »

Get well soon!

Thanks! So far so good with recovery.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7996 on: July 26, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »

Hopefully there is a vaccine next year and then concerts can come back in the fall beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7997 on: July 27, 2020, 12:38:30 AM »

It's likely to be at least 2-3 years before a vaccine is widely available.
Even then, I doubt that big concerts, as we knew them before Covid-19, will ever return.

I don't think so. In fact, the bigger the venue, the better. Take an outdoor arena like a football stadium and you've got sunshine and plenty of room to space out seats 6 feet apart, masks mandatory. Capacity may be halved, but they could play two nights at every venue.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #7998 on: July 27, 2020, 07:31:58 AM »

Even then, I doubt that big concerts, as we knew them before Covid-19, will ever return.

Spring, 2021, in the US, for the vaccine to be widely available, if the current trials continue apace.

At risk populations may have doses by as early as Jan 2021.

It may take a year or so to get EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE vaccinated....and there's a good chance it will be 2 doses.  An initial dose and a dose at 6 months. No live virus!

The place I work is one of the main clinical trial spots for ONE of the potential vaccine options.  So far, things look VERY promising.  We'll know more in a couple months, but.....the above is their plan/schedule.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:34:51 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #7999 on: July 27, 2020, 07:40:05 AM »

I don't think so. In fact, the bigger the venue, the better. Take an outdoor arena like a football stadium and you've got sunshine and plenty of room to space out seats 6 feet apart, masks mandatory. Capacity may be halved, but they could play two nights at every venue.

In the US, in the states (which right now is pretty much the north east) where cases are in control, you could use a football stadium, during the day, and only sell 18k tickets, limit 5 (who all get seated together) and the place would look virtually empty.  No GA/floor, and you are basically seated and stuck there except to use the bathrooms/get food or water. Masks required til you're seated, and then if you leave your seats for any reason.

Out side spread is more limited, masks would basically ensure anyone sick wouldn't spread to others in the bathrooms or at concessions. You'd need an army to constantly clean the bathrooms, etc.

But it could be done, in that sense.  The issue, right now, is more that there aren't enough states with the virus in control to put together anything that would be profitable.

And the fact that 18k might not pay the venue fees, never mind turn a profit.  But you'd have to negotiate.  Is SOMETHING better than NOTHING for those stadiums? Or is the cost to open them just simply too high to book 1/3 capacity shows?

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: