Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559794 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8120 on: October 01, 2020, 05:25:33 PM »

AC/DC is coming out with new music and still silence from GNR. beer

To be fair though, AC/DC was spotted in the studio 2 whole years ago. We still don't have solid confirmation that Guns are anywhere beyond recording ideas and sending them to each other. And AC/DC had a catalogue of Malcolm's riffs to pull from, and generally have simpler song structures.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8121 on: October 01, 2020, 05:31:13 PM »

To be fair though, AC/DC was spotted in the studio 2 whole years ago. We still don't have solid confirmation that Guns are anywhere beyond recording ideas and sending them to each other. And AC/DC had a catalogue of Malcolm's riffs to pull from, and generally have simpler song structures.

Should be mentioned that Axl himself said that he had played music for Slash and Duff, so it's fair to believe that GN'R wouldn't have to start from scratch with a new album.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #8122 on: October 01, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »

Poor Ole Axl
Can’t write a lick
Slash working on album 2 with SMKC while he is been back with GNR
Axl “ silent and cAnt write lyrics “ as always like back in the day after illusions

Man I feel 4 him
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8123 on: October 02, 2020, 03:09:42 AM »

Should be mentioned that Axl himself said that he had played music for Slash and Duff, so it's fair to believe that GN'R wouldn't have to start from scratch with a new album.

I'm sure they both have a bunch of riffs, but I doubt they would simply put Slash on an existing song and not rework it. And even if they did, Slash would be bringing new stuff to the table for other songs.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8124 on: October 02, 2020, 10:01:52 AM »

Poor Ole Axl
Can’t write a lick
Slash working on album 2 with SMKC while he is been back with GNR
Axl “ silent and cAnt write lyrics “ as always like back in the day after illusions

Man I feel 4 him

Hahah, Duff said Axl has a tons of material. I think what you are looking for is "Axl can't release a lick"...

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8125 on: October 02, 2020, 10:02:32 AM »

I'm sure they both have a bunch of riffs, but I doubt they would simply put Slash on an existing song and not rework it. And even if they did, Slash would be bringing new stuff to the table for other songs.

AS with Better... I don't think that would take too much time..

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8126 on: October 02, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »

Poor AC/DC.  You gotta feel for them.

Is someone going to them that :

- no one buys albums anymore
- the industry is in a downturn
- distribution can be tricky
- their label might actually be working against them

I mean, unless all those are just bullshit excuses.  But...nah, that can't be.  Crazy talk.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8127 on: October 02, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »

Is anyone gonna tell you that your act is as boring as it was in 2019? And the year before that.... And....

Cheesy

The reality is that different bands do different things. In different ways. You either accept it, or spend years whining about it. Obviously we know what you've picked! Whatever works for you, I guess.

AC/DC putting out an AC/DC album is great for fans of the band. But you'd think a GN'R fan as yourself would know that the first album with Axl, Duff and Slash since 1993 (or 1991), is a slightly different thing that the follow-up to Rock Or Bust. Or?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8128 on: October 02, 2020, 12:01:27 PM »

AS with Better... I don't think that would take too much time..

That's just a little live intro. Not a completely re-recorded song being presented as new material. I think they would change a lot more than that if Slash is putting his name on the material.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:03:03 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8129 on: October 02, 2020, 12:23:56 PM »

That's just a little live intro. Not a completely re-recorded song being presented as new material. I think they would change a lot more than that if Slash is putting his name on the material.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

They might keep the general melody, but Slash (and Duff) are going to want to put their own spin on that material. And we WANT THEM to want to do that.  That's the whole point in this endeavor: For this album to sound like Classic GnR from the 80's and 90's.  We WANT them to fiddle and diddle around with the melody and put their own flourishes in there.

Slash "redecorated" Better....making it (IMHO) better, and a better fit for his style. 

I don't want Slash to "redecorate" all that old material.  I want him to tear it fucking down to the studs, and maybe the slab/foundation, and reconstruct it entirely. 

This is the difference between "Paint, Wallpaper, and flooring" and "Good bones but a total gut job" IMHO. YMMV.

AND I would like to see them have some brand new material, written by this band.

I have hope that's exactly what we will get. Eventually.  Once the shit going on in the world is in the rear view mirror.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8130 on: October 02, 2020, 12:51:37 PM »

Is anyone gonna tell you that your act is as boring as it was in 2019? And the year before that.... And....

Cheesy

The reality is that different bands do different things. In different ways. You either accept it, or spend years whining about it. Obviously we know what you've picked! Whatever works for you, I guess.

AC/DC putting out an AC/DC album is great for fans of the band. But you'd think a GN'R fan as yourself would know that the first album with Axl, Duff and Slash since 1993 (or 1991), is a slightly different thing that the follow-up to Rock Or Bust. Or?

/jarmo

Honestly I think the thought that it needs to be Sgt. Pepper, Led Zeppelin 4, or the White Album is the problem... It's what doomed Chinese Democracy. Just release a f'ing rock album and start on the next one (like every other band manages to do).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8131 on: October 02, 2020, 01:16:09 PM »

Honestly I think the thought that it needs to be Sgt. Pepper, Led Zeppelin 4, or the White Album is the problem... It's what doomed Chinese Democracy. Just release a f'ing rock album and start on the next one (like every other band manages to do).

I don't think that is the case.

But it's a bigger deal than many other albums. So you definitely want it to have the attention it deserves.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8132 on: October 02, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »

I don't think that is the case.

But it's a bigger deal than many other albums. So you definitely want it to have the attention it deserves.

/jarmo

I agree that it is bigger than say "the follow up to Rock or Bust", BUT... I don't agree that this isn't the time. 4 years removed from the reunion is (IMO) missing the peak of the wave. The world is captive... this is key streaming (Audio and Video) time.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:29:44 PM by C0ma » Logged
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8133 on: October 02, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »

I don't want Slash to "redecorate" all that old material.  I want him to tear it fucking down to the studs, and maybe the slab/foundation, and reconstruct it entirely. 

This is the difference between "Paint, Wallpaper, and flooring" and "Good bones but a total gut job" IMHO. YMMV.

Would Axl allow that material to be gutted though? I get the impression he was very sensitive about how those songs were composed and recorded. ie. Josh Freese and the CD (song) drum tracks.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8134 on: October 02, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »

I can see a scenario where Axl combines two song ideas, let's say one of the demos he already got from from the CD-sessions, with brand new ideas from Slash/Duff.

Big changes in a song is sort of a GN'R trademark, like Sweet Child, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Locomotive...

Also, I think it's a given that Slash will do most (if not all) guitar solos, and there will be brand new ideas - not any note for note copy of anything already existing.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8135 on: October 02, 2020, 05:38:47 PM »

I don't want Slash to "redecorate" all that old material.  I want him to tear it fucking down to the studs, and maybe the slab/foundation, and reconstruct it entirely.  

Would Axl allow that material to be gutted though? I get the impression he was very sensitive about how those songs were composed and recorded. ie. Josh Freese and the CD (song) drum tracks.

I don't necessarily expect a ground-up redesign. At that point, why not just write a new song entirely? But I wouldn't be surprised if Slash has an idea for a bridge or maybe changing the verse riff, among other less-structural stuff. Kind of like AFD; Izzy has some chords, Slash comes up with a riff to play over them, maybe Duff has a bridge idea and Axl ends with "Where do we go now?". The more collaboration, the better!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8136 on: October 02, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »

Melody an lyrics stay.  That's your foundation and studs.

But how you get there? Especially for Slash and Duffs parts?  I think he's OK with a complete rebuild.  My opinion.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8137 on: October 03, 2020, 05:29:31 AM »

I agree that it is bigger than say "the follow up to Rock or Bust", BUT... I don't agree that this isn't the time. 4 years removed from the reunion is (IMO) missing the peak of the wave. The world is captive... this is key streaming (Audio and Video) time.

The biggest way to promote rock albums is by touring. We have none of that.

If that's not a concern, then obviously waiting for tours to resume isn't an issue.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8138 on: October 03, 2020, 01:34:36 PM »

They should put out singles so that they keep up their momentum. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8139 on: October 03, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »

They should put out singles so that they keep up their momentum. beer

Maybe they will, once there's a definite release plan.

Artists who put out albums during the pandemic won't be able to tour until things are better. Who knows if that's the right way to do it or not.

GN'R didn't tour after the release of Chinese Democracy until 2009, and maybe they don't wanna repeat that scenario. Who knows...

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: