Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:01:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560415 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8140 on: October 04, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »

Why can't it be a little bit of everything?

Some songs Slash and Duff just sprinkle a little bit of fairy dust.

Some songs they rearrange.

Some songs they write from scratch.

Some songs they leave them like they are.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8141 on: October 04, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »

I think that's possible.

I think it's one of those things where they'll go for whatever is the best option. If an old song is better than a newer one, maybe you choose the better one....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8142 on: October 05, 2020, 01:00:37 AM »

They should put out singles so that they keep up their momentum. beer

GN'R didn't tour after the release of Chinese Democracy until 2009, and maybe they don't wanna repeat that scenario. Who knows...

/jarmo

I get your point but Chinese wasn’t released until late 2008! An earlier album release also gives the fans chance to digest, enjoy and become ‘attached’ to the new songs. Personally, I just find it a little odd that Guns is suddenly concerned about tying in an album release with a tour. It’s no wonder some fans are seeing COVID-19 as just another excuse to delay putting new music out. Just playing devils advocate here

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8143 on: October 05, 2020, 05:30:58 AM »

Both have pros and cons.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8144 on: October 05, 2020, 07:39:17 AM »

GN'R didn't tour after the release of Chinese Democracy until 2009, and maybe they don't wanna repeat that scenario. Who knows...

/jarmo

I get your point but Chinese wasn’t released until late 2008! An earlier album release also gives the fans chance to digest, enjoy and become ‘attached’ to the new songs. Personally, I just find it a little odd that Guns is suddenly concerned about tying in an album release with a tour. It’s no wonder some fans are seeing COVID-19 as just another excuse to delay putting new music out. Just playing devils advocate here

Is that actually a position they've taken? Or a statement that was made?  Huh

Or is it just more of the excuse machine posted in this thread by people who don't know their arse from their elbow and sound sillier and sillier with each excuse?

Honestly don't know - things seem dead with this band in terms of actual music produced this decade so I stop back in this site from time to time to see if there is anything happening.

If I missed something I apologize - not going to go back and read every post.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8145 on: October 05, 2020, 08:36:29 AM »

You can look at some facts:

The 2020 tours weren't called Not In This Lifetime.

The band has worked on music.

An unreleased song was listed on the setlist.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8146 on: October 05, 2020, 01:02:54 PM »

You can look at some facts:

The 2020 tours weren't called Not In This Lifetime.

The band has worked on music.

An unreleased song was listed on the setlist.

/jarmo

And Fernando has said that plans changed around new music when the pandemic hit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8147 on: October 05, 2020, 01:09:03 PM »

Honestly I think the thought that it needs to be Sgt. Pepper, Led Zeppelin 4, or the White Album is the problem... It's what doomed Chinese Democracy. Just release a f'ing rock album and start on the next one (like every other band manages to do).

Yep.

It's also a coping strategy promoted by certain fans, some of us with a little more skin in the game as to not rock the boat and/or crush dissent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8148 on: October 05, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

Or is it just more of the excuse machine posted in this thread by people who don't know their arse from their elbow and sound sillier and sillier with each excuse?

Honestly don't know - things seem dead with this band in terms of actual music produced this decade so I stop back in this site from time to time to see if there is anything happening.

You're all caught up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8149 on: October 05, 2020, 01:31:29 PM »

And Fernando has said that plans changed around new music when the pandemic hit.

We all got locked down in March and regular life is really not even all the way back yet.  Probably won't be the rest of this year (man, that's depressing to type)

So would you think it odd if they are able to crank things back up next summer, and when asked about progress on a new album, they tell you they didn't really get around to it? 

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8150 on: October 05, 2020, 04:03:08 PM »

/jarmo

Yep I think the consensus (taken from Fernando’s comments on Reddit) is that the band are looking to tie-in a new album with a new tour. Heck, Fernando even suggested that we’re it not for coronavirus we would already have heard new music. This has led to many fans inferring this to be little more than a convenient excuse and even if this pandemic hadn’t occurred, we’d still be waiting. Your comment about the band being dead in terms of new music in my view is pretty apt

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8151 on: October 05, 2020, 04:14:56 PM »

You're all caught up.

hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8152 on: October 05, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »

We all got locked down in March and regular life is really not even all the way back yet.  Probably won't be the rest of this year (man, that's depressing to type)

So would you think it odd if they are able to crank things back up next summer, and when asked about progress on a new album, they tell you they didn't really get around to it?  

I would be surprised if (when?) this is all over, and they are releasing/embarking on new tour plans, if we don't have news on new music.

I think we were due to get this last spring.  Fernando said we were, bandmembers seemed to be hinting that news was coming, and then Fernando went so far as to say those plans changed with the pandemic.

But I'm not going to try to be clairvoyant, either.  They could release an album next year.  They could break up and go their separate ways again.  They could reunite with Izzy and Adler.  The one thing we know as GnR fans is that we don't know anything, really.

I made peace with that long ago.  I'll take the ride as it comes.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:18:48 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8153 on: October 05, 2020, 04:24:03 PM »

I made peace with that long ago.  I'll take the ride as it comes.  .

Smart.

I'm guessing you're not one of those people commenting "We want new music" on every post the band or a band member makes on social media thinking that's the solution? Cheesy

/jarmo

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #8154 on: October 05, 2020, 04:26:47 PM »

"I have news," ... is what I'd say if I were an asshole who posts made up stuff.

Which I normally am.

But the world being in the state it's in, I can't even come up with something stupid to say in an effort to cheer up my fellow GNR fans.

I'm sorry. Hope you guys are all doing alright in this post apocalypse.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8155 on: October 05, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »

I would hope that if the touring comes back next June, then an album will be coming out thereafter. beer

Rizzo160
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8156 on: October 05, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

Smart.

I'm guessing you're not one of those people commenting "We want new music" on every post the band or a band member makes on social media thinking that's the solution? Cheesy

/jarmo

Nope. On another note, I don't spend the entire ride screaming "Are we there yet".  Like I said, sometimes its good to sit back, crank up spotify, and just enjoy the ride.  I'm in no hurry to get there. I'm good with a little mystery as to the precise length of our journey. I feel no urgency for the ride to be over.  Everyone else's mileage may vary.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8157 on: October 06, 2020, 04:22:26 AM »

I would hope that if the touring comes back next June, then an album will be coming out thereafter. beer

Return of touring is a realistic goal.  We know that's something they can deliver on, and they do it very well.

Basically, I have more faith in a Nobel Prize level breakthrough on a vaccine then I do a new album.  So let's go science!!

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8158 on: October 06, 2020, 04:44:46 AM »

It's tough keeping the faith but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt beer

Rizzo160
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8159 on: October 06, 2020, 09:40:31 AM »

It's tough keeping the faith but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt beer

Honestly, the reunion was enough.  At least, it was to me.

It was a monster bummer seeing one of the best hard rock bands of their era reduced to playing "up and close and personal" <wink> caliber venues with scab line-ups.  That would have been a sad way to go out.

The reunion gives them a far better send off.  They were back in proper venues, people were excited about it, and the shows were all killer.

Guns N' Roses will be remembered more fondly for what happened from 4/1/6 onwards than anything Axl had done for the 20 years prior.  It's the difference between "Guns N' Roses...All Time Greats" and "Guns N' Roses...man, too bad that singer went crazy."

Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: