Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560778 times)
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8320 on: December 12, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »

Bob Dylan put out his 39th album this year and it's on every best of the year list. THIRTY NINE albums! The output from Guns n' Roses is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment. And the excuses are equally pathetic. You're an artist. Create. People have been doing this for a millenia. Yet it is just so hard and complicated for this one band. How in the world do we put out music?!?!?
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #8321 on: December 12, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »

Bob Dylan put out his 39th album this year and it's on every best of the year list. THIRTY NINE albums! The output from Guns n' Roses is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment. And the excuses are equally pathetic. You're an artist. Create. People have been doing this for a millenia. Yet it is just so hard and complicated for this one band. How in the world do we put out music?!?!?
They could have easily knocked out 2 albums since they reformed, Slash and Duff had time to tour and put out new material with their side projects in the last 2 years ,GnR haven't been on the road this year they should have done what AC⚡DC did and released it this year where it would have got maximum exposure during the lockdown.Some people might say Axl is dragging his heels but after the millions pumped into Chinese Democracy and the delays maybe the record company aren't willing to get behind them and take the risk a nostalgia tour is easy money and hassle free for the band and management everyone goes home a winner. 💰💰💰💰💰
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8322 on: December 12, 2020, 03:25:29 PM »

You're an artist. Create. People have been doing this for a millenia. Yet it is just so hard and complicated for this one band. How in the world do we put out music?!?!?

Who said they're not creating?

Also, the excuses as you call them, just because they don't fit your definition of cool doesn't make them pathetic.

The entitlement (or whatever you wanna call it) some have because they bought albums in the past, or maybe even concert tickets and/or merch, that's something though.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8323 on: December 12, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

Entitlement? What a weird and baffling accusation. As human beings, we have opinions about the world we live in. We observe things, and based on lived experiences, history, we come to certain conclusions. That is not entitlement. Entitlement is attacking anyone who has a different opinion about a band your friends with. It is a fact, compared to nearly every other major band and artist, that Guns n' Roses' output, the quantity, is subpar and disappointing to people who would like to hear new music. That's not a very controversial opinion to literally anybody but you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8324 on: December 12, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »

Entitlement? What a weird and baffling accusation. As human beings, we have opinions about the world we live in. We observe things, and based on lived experiences, history, we come to certain conclusions. That is not entitlement. Entitlement is attacking anyone who has a different opinion about a band your friends with. It is a fact, compared to nearly every other major band and artist, that Guns n' Roses' output, the quantity, is subpar and disappointing to people who would like to hear new music. That's not a very controversial opinion to literally anybody but you.

It's not an accusation, it's an opinion.

The difference is that I don't care about what the popular opinion is.

Here's something for you to think about: None of the other bands who are so amazing at putting out new records with perfect intervals put out Appetite For Destruction. Now imagine if that was the only album GN'R put out. They'd still have an album that was better than anything most others bands had managed.

So in the grand scheme of things, all this comparing to the number of albums or songs other bands have put out is useless. It's not a competition. It's a rock band we all enjoy listening to/watching. We're not talking about trying to end a pandemic.

When they put out new music, it'll be great. When they tour, it'll be great. Until then, that "But that band put out records, why can't GN'R  Cry " routine is... Well, old....  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8325 on: December 12, 2020, 03:49:34 PM »

The routine gets old? I am sure it does to someone who is incapable of looking at the band with an objective, critical eye. Art and artists have been critiqued throughout time. It's part of the gig. No one is perfect. Their output is miniscule. That's a fact. It's ok. It doesn't mean the end of the world to admit that one failing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8326 on: December 12, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »

The routine gets old? I am sure it does to someone who is incapable of looking at the band with an objective, critical eye. Art and artists have been critiqued throughout time. It's part of the gig. No one is perfect. Their output is miniscule. That's a fact. It's ok. It doesn't mean the end of the world to admit that one failing.

That's your misguided opinion.

Doesn't mean it's right. Smiley

I remember about twenty years ago, reading the same kind of posts about how GN'R doesn't put out new records and whatnot. So you tell me, if in an online time span almost two decades don't count as old. I know in the history of the universe, it's nothing. But... Cheesy

Like I said, I don't view the amount as being the critical part, it's the quality of the output.... So far, I haven't been let down.

One of my favorite artists put out a record last year, another one this year, plus a remix album. Oh, and a book... Does it make him better than GN'R? Not really. I enjoy both for what they are. But that's just me not being able to look at his work with a critical eye!  hihi

/jarmo

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8327 on: December 12, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »

It's true you are incapable of honestly critiquing the band. You have to make all sorts of excuses. Here, I am a massive fan of the Beastie Boys. Love them. To the 5 Boroughs is a terrible album. And the quantity of their output is not great, especially in their latter years. They admit that themselves. I don't need to couch that in any way. I don't need to say the records they did put out are brilliant, or that there are all sorts of other things in life to enjoy, or whatever. If I look at one aspect of their career, quantity of music, it pales in comparison to a lot of other bands. That's it. But it's still better than Guns n' Roses. It's not the end of the goddamn world to admit that. But you never will. It's really odd.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #8328 on: December 12, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »

That's your misguided opinion.

Doesn't mean it's right. Smiley

I remember about twenty years ago, reading the same kind of posts about how GN'R doesn't put out new records and whatnot. So you tell me, if in an online time span almost two decades don't count as old. I know in the history of the universe, it's nothing. But... Cheesy

Like I said, I don't view the amount as being the critical part, it's the quality of the output.... So far, I haven't been let down.

One of my favorite artists put out a record last year, another one this year, plus a remix album. Oh, and a book... Does it make him better than GN'R? Not really. I enjoy both for what they are. But that's just me not being able to look at his work with a critical eye!  hihi

/jarmo

Look the bottom line fans wanna hear new music I know you like to defend them at every stage and you really are clutching at straws bringing up how great Appetite is yes we know but  it's over 30 years  old  ,Metallica Black album and ACDC's Black in Black are classic aswell but those band's moved on they know the fans want new music it might never be as good but if you are going charge people a fortune to see you in concert you wanna give them some new songs  to show them you aren't solely living on past glories and aren't just in it for the money.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8329 on: December 12, 2020, 04:48:45 PM »

It's true you are incapable of honestly critiquing the band. You have to make all sorts of excuses. Here, I am a massive fan of the Beastie Boys. Love them. To the 5 Boroughs is a terrible album. And the quantity of their output is not great, especially in their latter years. They admit that themselves. I don't need to couch that in any way. I don't need to say the records they did put out are brilliant, or that there are all sorts of other things in life to enjoy, or whatever. If I look at one aspect of their career, quantity of music, it pales in comparison to a lot of other bands. That's it. But it's still better than Guns n' Roses. It's not the end of the goddamn world to admit that. But you never will. It's really odd.

You call them excuses, I call them personal opinion.

You think just because you complain about something, your point is somehow more valid. It's not.

I don't understand why it bothers you that much that the amount of released music doesn't bother me to the point that I need to whine about it?

Speaking of odd!

You remind me of posters from the past who said similar things, and then stopped posting....

Look the bottom line fans wanna hear new music I know you like to defend them at every stage and you really are clutching at straws bringing up how great Appetite is yes we know but  it's over 30 years  old  ,Metallica Black album and ACDC's Black in Black are classic aswell but those band's moved on they know the fans want new music it might never be as good but if you are going charge people a fortune to see you in concert you wanna give them some new songs  to show them you aren't solely living on past glories and aren't just in it for the money.

Of course fans wanna hear new music. I never denied that. Cheesy

The thing is, if a band decides they don't wanna release new music on a schedule that you agree with, it's their choice! You can complain about it, but will it matter?

Enjoy what you have and worry less about what you don't have and can't change. That's my point. Smiley

If 2020 has taught me anything it is to be grateful for what you have, because you never know what the future will bring. A year ago, we took travel for granted. Or going to a restaurant... Not to mention rock concerts!

Any band in the music business is in it for the money. More or less. No one wants to make a loss.... Or they won't be in it for long... A lot of artists put out albums so they can tour to make money. Ironic isn't it? It's supposed to show that they are being creative and it's a way for them to make a living doing something they enjoy (playing music)....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:51:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8330 on: December 12, 2020, 05:05:52 PM »

Entitlement is attacking anyone who has a different opinion about a band your friends with.

You might want to look up the definition of that word...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #8331 on: December 12, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »

You call them excuses, I call them personal opinion.

You think just because you complain about something, your point is somehow more valid. It's not.

I don't understand why it bothers you that much that the amount of released music doesn't bother me to the point that I need to whine about it?

Speaking of odd!

You remind me of posters from the past who said similar things, and then stopped posting....

Look the bottom line fans wanna hear new music I know you like to defend them at every stage and you really are clutching at straws bringing up how great Appetite is yes we know but  it's over 30 years  old  ,Metallica Black album and ACDC's Black in Black are classic aswell but those band's moved on they know the fans want new music it might never be as good but if you are going charge people a fortune to see you in concert you wanna give them some new songs  to show them you aren't solely living on past glories and aren't just in it for the money.

Of course fans wanna hear new music. I never denied that. Cheesy

The thing is, if a band decides they don't wanna release new music on a schedule that you agree with, it's their choice! You can complain about it, but will it matter?

Enjoy what you have and worry less about what you don't have and can't change. That's my point. Smiley

If 2020 has taught me anything it is to be grateful for what you have, because you never know what the future will bring. A year ago, we took travel for granted. Or going to a restaurant... Not to mention rock concerts!

Any band in the music business is in it for the money. More or less. No one wants to make a loss.... Or they won't be in it for long... A lot of artists put out albums so they can tour to make money. Ironic isn't it? It's supposed to show that they are being creative and it's a way for them to make a living doing something they enjoy (playing music)....

/jarmo

In your opinion why do you think GnrR have released only one album of original material in nearly 30 years i just don't get it Axl is a pretty good song writer and has had a lot of great musicians around him for most of that time who must have been very eager to help him make new GnR music.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8332 on: December 12, 2020, 06:48:55 PM »

I think Axl is a perfectionist and untill he is satisfied with the finished product he won't release an album. Hopefully next year brings new music and no more drama. beer

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8333 on: December 12, 2020, 10:41:45 PM »

They could have easily knocked out 2 albums since they reformed, Slash and Duff had time to tour and put out new material with their side projects in the last 2 years ,GnR haven't been on the road this year they should have done what AC⚡DC did and released it this year where it would have got maximum exposure during the lockdown.Some people might say Axl is dragging his heels but after the millions pumped into Chinese Democracy and the delays maybe the record company aren't willing to get behind them and take the risk a nostalgia tour is easy money and hassle free for the band and management everyone goes home a winner. 💰💰💰💰💰

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I don't think it would have gotten maximum exposure. I think  AC/DC did so due to the fact that they were coming off of a tragedy with Malcom dying and Brian Johnson coming back after he almost lost his hearing. They have a really great album. However, their story is compelling. The only other music artist that got really good exposure was Taylor Swift in regards to a new album. Bon Jovi's  new album didn't too well. Black Stone Cherry has a good album, but they really didn't do much.

Too much has happened this year between COVID, job losses, and the election for music artists to gain great exposure. I would love to hear a new album, but next year will be much better to release it. People will need something else to look forward to. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8334 on: December 13, 2020, 06:08:29 AM »

In your opinion why do you think GnrR have released only one album of original material in nearly 30 years i just don't get it Axl is a pretty good song writer and has had a lot of great musicians around him for most of that time who must have been very eager to help him make new GnR music.

I think the whole process took long for multiple reasons.

The fact that the band changed so many times affected the process. It wasn't like one day there was a new band, it was one by one. Then when you have found the right person, you want them to put their mark on the material. If you look at Chinese Democracy, Frank and Bumblefoot are both on it. And they had joined at the end of the project of making that album.

On top of that, there was a lot of others involved. From comments I've read over the years, it doesn't seem like the band had a great relationship with the record company. So if you don't trust the other part to do the work you expect them to, it's no wonder you'd rather wait than release what you have coming next.

The follow up to Chinese Democracy was always part of the package (Axl mentioned in 2008 that he thought of it as a double album). Once the old band was done touring in 2014, there were plans to release it. Then, something no one assumed would happen in this lifetime, actually happened.

Once they release new music, it'll be interesting to see the comments. Obviously most will enjoy it, but I expect to see the same "it's not new music" comments or "it's not real GN'R" (if it features anyone besides the current band)....  hihi

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8335 on: December 13, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »

I think the whole process took long for multiple reasons.

The fact that the band changed so many times affected the process. It wasn't like one day there was a new band, it was one by one. Then when you have found the right person, you want them to put their mark on the material. If you look at Chinese Democracy, Frank and Bumblefoot are both on it. And they had joined at the end of the project of making that album.

On top of that, there was a lot of others involved. From comments I've read over the years, it doesn't seem like the band had a great relationship with the record company. So if you don't trust the other part to do the work you expect them to, it's no wonder you'd rather wait than release what you have coming next.

The follow up to Chinese Democracy was always part of the package (Axl mentioned in 2008 that he thought of it as a double album). Once the old band was done touring in 2014, there were plans to release it. Then, something no one assumed would happen in this lifetime, actually happened.

Once they release new music, it'll be interesting to see the comments. Obviously most will enjoy it, but I expect to see the same "it's not new music" comments or "it's not real GN'R" (if it features anyone besides the current band)....  hihi

/jarmo

Throwing snowballs into hell if anyone's expecting positive reviews.  hihi  There's just so many ways to criticize it, take the easy way out.  I'm hoping more for, hey I hear GNR in there, those guys really have their shit together.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8336 on: December 13, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »

Everyone always say they just want new music. But is that the truth?

It's like saying "I want to eat". And someone could serve you fermented herring from Sweden....

What I mean is, one person wants something that sounds like X, and another person really wants something that sounds more like Y. Yes, both could be labeled as "wanting new music", but they have preferences on what that new music should be...

Do people who didn't enjoy Chinese Democracy expect something that sounds like AFD or UYI? I have no idea....

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8337 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:43 PM »

Everyone always say they just want new music. But is that the truth?

It's like saying "I want to eat". And someone could serve you fermented herring from Sweden....

What I mean is, one person wants something that sounds like X, and another person really wants something that sounds more like Y. Yes, both could be labeled as "wanting new music", but they have preferences on what that new music should be...

Do people who didn't enjoy Chinese Democracy expect something that sounds like AFD or UYI? I have no idea....

/jarmo

Isn't about what people want unless you're a pop act.  It's about art and creation.  And then getting it passed the label.  hihi

I would expect to hear the GNR sound coming along with them.  They haven't changed that much.  We're probably still going to get the trouble with girls.  When do they not have something to sing about there?  Everybody's off drugs so maybe something around how that world sucks.  Some political stuff if you make the connection.  I don't know, what else can they sing about?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8338 on: December 14, 2020, 01:58:17 AM »

Just want the second half of the double album personally

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8339 on: December 14, 2020, 06:04:48 AM »

I don't know, what else can they sing about?

Life?  hihi

Just want the second half of the double album personally

That's more reasonable than "I want new music (that sounds like AFD)"...  hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: