Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563918 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8380 on: December 16, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »

Anyone else just really keen to buy something new from the band?

I'm sure I'll get torched for this, but I wouldn't mind a "AFD Remaster" type treatment of the UYI albums.  Same sorts of price points (obviously the $399 price point on the big collectors...I think we can agree the $999 price point didn't work, given how quickly it dropped and stayed dropped), same sorts of material.

I periodically hit the merch store, but I wouldn't mind something new, creative, and involving music or some sort of archive material collection. I thought the recent litho collection was pretty cool. 

Hell, I'd love to see a sort of deep dive on their catalog of video material. Proshot shows across the ages? Something like that?

But, to answer your question: Yes.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8381 on: December 16, 2020, 06:20:37 PM »

I'm sure I'll get torched for this, but I wouldn't mind a "AFD Remaster" type treatment of the UYI albums.  Same sorts of price points (obviously the $399 price point on the big collectors...I think we can agree the $999 price point didn't work, given how quickly it dropped and stayed dropped), same sorts of material.

I periodically hit the merch store, but I wouldn't mind something new, creative, and involving music or some sort of archive material collection. I thought the recent litho collection was pretty cool. 

Hell, I'd love to see a sort of deep dive on their catalog of video material. Proshot shows across the ages? Something like that?

Yup, I’d buy the shit out of all of that. So much potential that’s never realised. That’s my main gripe. But, it is what it is.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8382 on: December 16, 2020, 07:18:55 PM »

I can answer you.

Considering how amazing this year has been, I can't wait for shows to be back.

Anyone who whines about a set list of a show they don't even attend when shows do come back needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. We have nothing right now.

I know some will be there once shows return to whine about the songs played. It's what they do and I've already seen it.

The rest of us will be relieved, happy etc. that some kind of normal has returned and the live entertainment industry is back...

/jarmo

I have tickets to the Meadowlands (Yes, I know it's MetLive...don't @ me) show next year.

I will attend the FUCK out of that show, whenever it happens.

I have tickets to the MetLife show as well. I'll be enjoying it!! I'm sitting where I usually sit for NY Giants games.  Section 227. You can see everything from that section.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8383 on: December 16, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »

I seriously doubt that Axl, Slash, and Duff want TSI to be known as their last album together. A covers album just isn't the way to go out.

I doubt very seriously they are even pondering the words "going out".  Right now, I'd see any albums or concerts to be extra/bonus for artists and fans alike.

I also doubt the public at large really remembers The Spaghetti Incident, even if they played a couple songs live during the recent tours.  The songs from their "big" albums are the ones people remember, and always will.  I'd venture to say that songs from Chinese Democracy are much more known than The Spaghetti Incident.

I'm sure that they want to go out with at the very least one album if not two new albums.

You don't know, though. They could be doing a double album. Remember there's a lot of songs yet to be released. You have the 94-96 session where there were 7 songs completed and 7 songs that were being worked on. You then have the songs from the leftover of CD. You then have Slash coming up with new song ideas as well.

I'd say the prospect of two albums is really stretching it...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #8384 on: December 16, 2020, 10:02:15 PM »

Hell, I'd love to buy Greatest Hits on vinyl, but in these times, $36.00 plus tax is a big purchase.

You don't know, though. They could be doing a double album. Remember there's a lot of songs yet to be released. You have the 94-96 session where there were 7 songs completed and 7 songs that were being worked on. You then have the songs from the leftover of CD. You then have Slash coming up with new song ideas as well.

No, I don't "know".  I'm rationally going on the band's well-established history.  After the Axl/Slash/Duff lineup's last studio release in 1993, it took 15 years just to get ONE new album which DIDN'T feature Slash or Duff, nor did any new material surface containing all those hotly discussed unreleased Chinese Democracy era songs.

Now, more than 12 years later still, we haven't seen a single new song from ANY Guns N Roses lineup.  Also, it's readily noticeable that whenever GNR has a break in touring, Slash immediately rushes back to his Myles Kennedy solo project.

So logically speaking, it is wishful thinking that significant amounts of new material are anywhere near the immediate (or perhaps distant) horizon.  If we get one album with Slash's and Duff's participation, that will be a lot, and I'll likely be blasting it in my car CD player for years.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:33:10 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8385 on: December 17, 2020, 05:41:00 AM »

Also, it's readily noticeable that whenever GNR has a break in touring, Slash immediately rushes back to his Myles Kennedy solo project.

So logically speaking, it is wishful thinking that significant amounts of new material are anywhere near the immediate (or perhaps distant) horizon.  If we get one album with Slash's and Duff's participation, that will be a lot, and I'll likely be blasting it in my car CD player for years.

The difference is that last year, when GN'R had a break, he went on tour with his solo band. This year, that wasn't possible....

The "problem" isn't people working on multiple projects at the same time. It's more about how to work together when each person is in a different country and touring with their solo bands....

And that hasn't been a problem in 2020.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8386 on: December 17, 2020, 07:53:29 PM »

I would love to get some high quality shows from that tour like Saskatoon '93. I just happened to stumble across this remastered audio version of Argentina '93 and man, did they kick ass on that tour...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPLKdj_EVr-fQfbrOFcXc8hc0B2cpMWq8

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8387 on: December 19, 2020, 11:17:45 AM »

It's not the pandemic. It's not that people aren't in the same country. It's not the baffling new way of releasing music that every other band has figured out. It's this band. And that's ok to admit. They haven't released a single album or original material in 30 years. It's them. Any reasonable, non-sycophantic person would look at their track record, and say, "Yeah, this is not a functional band so far as releasing new music." Why is this such a terrifying thing for some to admit?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8388 on: December 19, 2020, 11:23:35 AM »

What? You never noticed that some of us have said that GN'R is GN'R, and do things their way, every time someone posts "But Band X _________, why doesn't GN'R?"...

Some of us know this. Some of us keep pointing it out.

Yet there are a bunch of people who keep saying the "But why can't GN'R" line year after year. Yet, we're the problem, and we're the ones making "excuses".....  rofl

The reality is that we've accepted reality. We don't spend our free time whining about shit that we have zero control over....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8389 on: December 19, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »

It's not the pandemic. It's not that people aren't in the same country. It's not the baffling new way of releasing music that every other band has figured out. It's this band. And that's ok to admit. They haven't released a single album or original material in 30 years. It's them. Any reasonable, non-sycophantic person would look at their track record, and say, "Yeah, this is not a functional band so far as releasing new music." Why is this such a terrifying thing for some to admit?

I have to say I agree with much of this post.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8390 on: December 19, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »

Same here, excuse after excuse beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8391 on: December 20, 2020, 12:23:59 AM »

Its actually quite good.

I like this Weiland's voice too Cheesy

Would be funny if they did a song called ''Do It For The Dad's''

They're back and this one is good too.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcj6dYO41EQ  Video is great.  Has a cool hat trick.  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8392 on: December 20, 2020, 11:08:00 AM »

What? You never noticed that some of us have said that GN'R is GN'R, and do things their way, every time someone posts "But Band X _________, why doesn't GN'R?"...

Yet there are a bunch of people who keep saying the "But why can't GN'R" line year after year. Yet, we're the problem, and we're the ones making "excuses".....  rofl

The reality is that we've accepted reality. We don't spend our free time whining about shit that we have zero control over....  Cheesy

/jarmo

But you are the ones making excuses. All the time. If someone says something factual about how the band woefully under-performs when it comes to releasing new material -- and that is not an opinion, that is objective facts -- you can't let it lie. You have to come in with some excuse, or weird analogy, or telling people they're entitled or blah, blah, blah. I am not making excuses. I am observing reality. And you saying "GNR is just doing things their way," is a lame excuse. It is not rebellious. It is not dangerous. It is dysfunctional. And yes, as fans, we would like to hear new music from the band we like. That is not entitled. That is normal human behavior.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8393 on: December 20, 2020, 11:46:21 AM »

Excuses? I told you, GN'R is GN'R. They do things their way. Always have.

Is this news to you?

You either accept it, or keep doing that you do. Whine about people pointing out the obvious to you, to feel better about yourself.

/jarmo

Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #8394 on: December 20, 2020, 02:05:23 PM »

Excuses? I told you, GN'R is GN'R. They do things their way. Always have.

Is this news to you?

You either accept it, or keep doing that you do. Whine about people pointing out the obvious to you, to feel better about yourself.

/jarmo

Do things their way? When it comes to producing new music, they don't do anything at all. Period. And that's fine, I guess. They can live their lives however they want. As fans, it blows. But whatever. Life moves on. They will remain one of the biggest "What if?" bands ever.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8395 on: December 20, 2020, 04:12:28 PM »

Do things their way? When it comes to producing new music, they don't do anything at all. Period. And that's fine, I guess. They can live their lives however they want. As fans, it blows. But whatever. Life moves on. They will remain one of the biggest "What if?" bands ever.

I'll spell it out again: GN'R has always done things their way. Not your way, my way, but their way.

It frustrates the hell out of some of you, the rest of us just go along and enjoy the ride.... Whatever happens, happens.
No need to get stressed about things that should've/could've/would've happened in some parallel universe because it makes sense to you... Smiley

What ifs exist in everything, and can be a fun way to waste some time... What if no one liked Sweet Child? What if Use Your Illusion was one album, and it didn't have the impact it did? What if November Rain had a regular music video, would it still have over 1.5 billion views on YouTube? What if the band had broken up before they released Appetite? Etc etc etc...

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8396 on: December 21, 2020, 06:54:44 PM »

/jarmo

WTF already

Not comparing the importance of the topics but how is what you just said any different than what you yourself do in the political thread - posting every day about how horrible Trump is?

Help me understand please?

They are both just topics on a rock band message board where people should be allowed to express their frustrations and thoughts

Huh
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8397 on: December 22, 2020, 04:23:47 AM »

Not comparing the importance of the topics but how is what you just said any different than what you yourself do in the political thread - posting every day about how horrible Trump is?

They are both just topics on a rock band message board where people should be allowed to express their frustrations and thoughts

Huh

First you say the topics have different importance. So you obviously get some of it....

Let me explain then: Trump's doings actually affects most of us. Whether you live in the USA or not. GN'R not putting out albums on your schedule, has less effect on the world.

For example, GN'R didn't pull out of the Paris agreement.  ok

Go ahead, keep whin... expressing your frustrations and thoughts. But so can I, for example when I remind you that the sooner you realize GN'R is GN'R and do things their way, the better. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:25:19 AM by jarmo » Logged

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8398 on: December 22, 2020, 05:15:17 AM »

Huh

First you say the topics have different importance. So you obviously get some of it....

Let me explain then: Trump's doings actually affects most of us. Whether you live in the USA or not. GN'R not putting out albums on your schedule, has less effect on the world.

For example, GN'R didn't pull out of the Paris agreement.  ok

Go ahead, keep whin... expressing your frustrations and thoughts. But so can I, for example when I remind you that the sooner you realize GN'R is GN'R and do things their way, the better. Smiley

/jarmo

Ok - so it's the importance of topics that we can speak freely about - fine - I thought that was it - thx for clarifying

But you are changing all of jack with your "whining" as you like to label what others do but not yourself
Yet that doesn't stop you from going on and on over in that thread

This is not a political site - this is a site for fans of GNR I thought - yet you just said it's ok to speak freely in a political thread but not in a thread about the band itself

You are the man here - I get it - and I respect it  - playing judge over Gnr fans and putting us in a box because you don't like the repeating of frustrations or agree in any way - but when the topic suits your particular needs - it's all good

So that I am fully enlightened - someone creates a new topic in the Jungle a year from now about how President Joe Biden seems to be losing his mental capacity - it's free speech and anything goes

But a year from now - if someone creates a new thread here about being frustrated that another band member has been replaced and they can't record a single song together now because having some guy from another band come in allows them to "take the music further" - this is off limits - there is no asking hard questions about something like that - yes?  Or is it the repeating of frustrations that draws your venom? Venom that would never exist if it is constantly attacking a political figure and his corrupt family, of course. Over and over is better and better in that case only.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:23:02 AM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8399 on: December 22, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »

Man.....For fuck's sake. I didn't say you can't do this or that.

Keep whining and I'll keep pointing out that the band isn't gonna do shit any faster because of you.  Kiss

Sorry I don't share your political beliefs... Nor your need to "post my opinion" about the new music not being out today, or yesterday, or last week.....

This is a GN'R fan site, if there are other topics here that are discussed that have nothing to do with GN'R, those are just an added bonus. Obviously we don't expect anyone that comes here to share their taste in music outside of GN'R, nor do we expect their preferences in sports teams, or anything else outside of GN'R, to be exactly the same.

But regarding GN'R, if you're here, I expect you to be a fan. If your idea of a fan is someone who complains about GN'R every day (like it's Festivus 365 days a year), then you might be in the wrong place. This is no secret. My opinion has been this for decades.

With that in mind, if you think your frustrations are something new and original that no one ever heard before, think again.... Guess what?! We've heard it before! Try 2001. Or 2005? Maybe 2017? Or 2019 if you want something more recent.... The point is, you're just repeating something that's been said every year since the last album was released...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 09:38:38 AM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: