Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559391 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #8400 on: December 22, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »

Man.....For fuck's sake. I didn't say you can't do this or that.

Keep whining and I'll keep pointing out that the band isn't gonna do shit any faster because of you.  Kiss

Sorry I don't share your political beliefs... Nor your need to "post my opinion" about the new music not being out today, or yesterday, or last week.....

This is a GN'R fan site, if there are other topics here that are discussed that have nothing to do with GN'R, those are just an added bonus. Obviously we don't expect anyone that comes here to share their taste in music outside of GN'R, nor do we expect their preferences in sports teams, or anything else outside of GN'R, to be exactly the same.

But regarding GN'R, if you're here, I expect you to be a fan. If your idea of a fan is someone who complains about GN'R every day (like it's Festivus 365 days a year), then you might be in the wrong place. This is no secret. My opinion has been this for decades.

With that in mind, if you think your frustrations are something new and original that no one ever heard before, think again.... Guess what?! We've heard it before! Try 2001. Or 2005? Maybe 2017? Or 2019 if you want something more recent.... The point is, you're just repeating something that's been said every year since the last album was released...

/jarmo

The band isn't going to do anything faster because of me?
WTH does that even mean and who in the right mind would ever think that - thanks for pointing that out - more silliness

Share political beliefs? I actually agree with some of yours and loathe Trump as a person - that's not the point either

It was about hypocrisy - that's it

Idea of a fan?
Is a fan someone who wants them to build on their legacy while they have a chance? I believe it is

May be hard for you to believe or understand - but this band means as much to me and others who post as they do to you.

They put out a new album - do you honestly believe you are more excited to hear it than anyone else?
Don't tell anyone what a fan is

It's just that your head unravels and go full exorcist when someone points out something honest and dare I say negative about them............maybe that's your aim and intent - no way of knowing

Just change the name of the thread to "Only positive posts please" - it may save you some stress

I'll leave it alone - but what stirred this one up was watching a new poster get on here and make some valid points about how insane it is that they have not made an album in so long - and you went full attack mode - judgement and labeling

Then we get the same diatribe about whining and how the band doesn't do things because we want them to...just utter crap

What if that guy is a lifelong fan who never joined a message board - finally decided to and wanted to figure out if anyone else shared his frustrations and wanted to kick around some conversation. As long as it's respectful enough and not dropping F-bombs (See your post's opener  Wink why go that route?
IDK man.....

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8401 on: December 22, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »

So what exactly are you hoping the end result of your whining to be?
If you wanna vent your frustrations, did you ever consider getting a diary?

Not only does it bother you that I don't agree with Trump and now you point out that I shouldn't say f*ck on a GN'R board?
You might have  a hard time with some of the band and their songs too.... Hint: They swear and don't like the Donald....  Lips Sealed

My head unravels? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Don't worry, if someone is unraveling because some like to whine about GN'R, it's not me. I've been around long enough to not let someone like you bother me.  ok

/jarmo

* = u

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #8402 on: December 22, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »

So what exactly are you hoping the end result of your whining to be?
If you wanna vent your frustrations, did you ever consider getting a diary?

Not only does it bother you that I don't agree with Trump and now you point out that I shouldn't say f*ck on a GN'R board?
You might have  a hard time with some of the band and their songs too.... Hint: They swear and don't like the Donald....  Lips Sealed

My head unravels? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Don't worry, if someone is unraveling because some like to whine about GN'R, it's not me. I've been around long enough to not let someone like you bother me.  ok

/jarmo

* = u

hihi

A diary - that was good

I swear more than you or anyone else - I just always feared doing it here was not allowed...now I know motherfucker   beer

Not trying to bother you or anyone - just felt like calling out some nonsense

I'm done

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8403 on: December 22, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »

Whine all you want about the lack of new music.

I'm just saying many of us have seen these same old "But that band released an album!" posts. And with my limited experience, I've yet to see it actually help the cause... Cheesy

And what's the main objective? What's the discussion gonna be?

"Oh, yeah. GN'R doesn't release as many albums as other bands"
"Yeah, I agree"
"Yeah, me too".
"GN'R sucks!"
"Yeah, GN'R sucks because they don't do what I want them to!"

Not sure what's so interesting about that...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8404 on: December 22, 2020, 01:46:14 PM »

We are not saying GNR is bad, just frustrated with the lack of material beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8405 on: December 22, 2020, 02:45:59 PM »

We are not saying GNR is bad, just frustrated with the lack of material beer

I know.

Just painting a picture of what it looks like when everyone is just complaining about something.

/jarmo

Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #8406 on: December 22, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »

Not comparing the importance of the topics but how is what you just said any different than what you yourself do in the political thread - posting every day about how horrible Trump is?

Help me understand please?

They are both just topics on a rock band message board where people should be allowed to express their frustrations and thoughts

Huh

First you say the topics have different importance. So you obviously get some of it....

Let me explain then: Trump's doings actually affects most of us. Whether you live in the USA or not. GN'R not putting out albums on your schedule, has less effect on the world.

For example, GN'R didn't pull out of the Paris agreement.  ok

Go ahead, keep whin... expressing your frustrations and thoughts. But so can I, for example when I remind you that the sooner you realize GN'R is GN'R and do things their way, the better. Smiley

/jarmo

Ok - so it's the importance of topics that we can speak freely about - fine - I thought that was it - thx for clarifying

But you are changing all of jack with your "whining" as you like to label what others do but not yourself
Yet that doesn't stop you from going on and on over in that thread

This is not a political site - this is a site for fans of GNR I thought - yet you just said it's ok to speak freely in a political thread but not in a thread about the band itself

You are the man here - I get it - and I respect it  - playing judge over Gnr fans and putting us in a box because you don't like the repeating of frustrations or agree in any way - but when the topic suits your particular needs - it's all good

So that I am fully enlightened - someone creates a new topic in the Jungle a year from now about how President Joe Biden seems to be losing his mental capacity - it's free speech and anything goes

But a year from now - if someone creates a new thread here about being frustrated that another band member has been replaced and they can't record a single song together now because having some guy from another band come in allows them to "take the music further" - this is off limits - there is no asking hard questions about something like that - yes?  Or is it the repeating of frustrations that draws your venom? Venom that would never exist if it is constantly attacking a political figure and his corrupt family, of course. Over and over is better and better in that case only.

REALLY?!? On page 421(!) of a thread running since 2012 and containing probably WELL OVER 75% of the posts therein of logged complaints by "fans" who are just frustrated that GNR won't do things the way they want, you are going to insinuate that you are being prohibited from speaking freely??? Again, on page 421?

You POOR OPPRESSED soul, have you considered that you are being CENSORED even? You must be the victim here! Mean old Jarmo is judging you!! You poor thing!

Jarmo - i ask that you give this poor persecuted "fan" a platform to vent his frustrations on a daily basis for all perpetuity. And how dare you disagree with them lest you judge them?

Is this guy serious?!?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8407 on: December 22, 2020, 04:01:06 PM »

Note: Not for the ones who don't wanna hear from band members talking about new music! they can skip this post!

You’re making an album with Myles (Kennedy) and the Conspirators, right?

Slash: We did a week of initial pre-production and there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year. I spent a lot of time writing and demoing that stuff. And prior to that Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record, and I’ve had a couple of ancillary recordings and jams on top of that, so there’s been a lot of stuff going on. I’m really not good at slowing down and just sitting around.

When do you think we’ll hear some of this music?

Slash: I would like to think that we’d have some new stuff out next year -- from both camps, I guess. It’s hard to say, but I would like to think we’ll have stuff out next year, yeah.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

/jarmo

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #8408 on: December 22, 2020, 05:25:52 PM »

That's great! Makes the merry christmas even more merrier  Smiley So, merry christmas to you all  beer

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #8409 on: December 22, 2020, 07:55:03 PM »

Thanks for the update Jarmo,Merry Christmas beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8410 on: December 23, 2020, 12:59:57 AM »

For example, GN'R didn't pull out of the Paris agreement.  ok

Wasn't it part of the Paris Agreement that GNR release Paris '92 on BluRay? I will never forgive Trump for scuttling that deal!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8411 on: December 23, 2020, 01:02:43 AM »

But a year from now - if someone creates a new thread here about being frustrated that another band member has been replaced and they can't record a single song together now because having some guy from another band come in allows them to "take the music further" - this is off limits - there is no asking hard questions about something like that - yes?  Or is it the repeating of frustrations that draws your venom? Venom that would never exist if it is constantly attacking a political figure and his corrupt family, of course. Over and over is better and better in that case only.

Funny, because I am seeing your whole boring diatribe right now. It's almost like you have not been censored at all and are just disingenuously playing victim.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8412 on: December 23, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »

People need to understand the difference between:

"Listening to the same complaints day after day, year after year, decade after decade is boring, derivative, and completely not productive. They've been addressed over and over in the thread (which you would see if you read even the last 10 pages). You should consider that when continuing to make the same sorts of posts."

AND

"Stop posting that shit or I will delete it and ban you".

One is someone expressing their opinion on the content (just like every other poster).

One is a statement from a moderator about content.

jarmo is not wielding the mod hammer over the complaints (so long as they are respectful and comply with the rules of the board), here.  You can see it over the last 400+ pages. 

On the flip side, jarmo is allowed to express his opinion....like the REST of the posters here....on content.  It really seems to me like the ones who are trying to censor someone are the ones telling jarmo he can't express his opinion on the content.

If you disagree with jarmos take....great. Make your case.  But telling him he can't or shouldn't comment? You're literally doing exactly what you're accusing him of.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8413 on: December 23, 2020, 08:22:26 AM »

Thanks for the update Jarmo,Merry Christmas beer

Merry Christmas!  peace

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #8414 on: December 23, 2020, 08:47:07 AM »

People need to understand the difference between:

"Listening to the same complaints day after day, year after year, decade after decade is boring, derivative, and completely not productive. They've been addressed over and over in the thread (which you would see if you read even the last 10 pages). You should consider that when continuing to make the same sorts of posts."

AND

"Stop posting that shit or I will delete it and ban you".

One is someone expressing their opinion on the content (just like every other poster).

One is a statement from a moderator about content.

jarmo is not wielding the mod hammer over the complaints (so long as they are respectful and comply with the rules of the board), here.  You can see it over the last 400+ pages. 

On the flip side, jarmo is allowed to express his opinion....like the REST of the posters here....on content.  It really seems to me like the ones who are trying to censor someone are the ones telling jarmo he can't express his opinion on the content.

If you disagree with jarmos take....great. Make your case.  But telling him he can't or shouldn't comment? You're literally doing exactly what you're accusing him of.

You know what ?

When you're right you're right -

I view Jarmo more of a master of the domain and forget he's a poster like everyone else

Don't agree he should come in and label anyone with a negative comment as a whiner because I do believe it discourages free thought - but completely fair

Apologies Jarmo -

Happy Holidays
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8415 on: December 23, 2020, 09:07:44 AM »

No worries.  ok

/jarmo

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #8416 on: December 23, 2020, 09:28:48 AM »

Note: Not for the ones who don't wanna hear from band members talking about new music! they can skip this post!

Slash: We did a week of initial pre-production and there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year. I spent a lot of time writing and demoing that stuff. And prior to that Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record, and I’ve had a couple of ancillary recordings and jams on top of that, so there’s been a lot of stuff going on. I’m really not good at slowing down and just sitting around.

Slash: I would like to think that we’d have some new stuff out next year -- from both camps, I guess. It’s hard to say, but I would like to think we’ll have stuff out next year, yeah.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

/jarmo

Fantastic! beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8417 on: December 23, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »

/jarmo

That must be one of the best things that happen in 2020, if it is true of course.

Happy holidays to everyone!

"...It don't really matter..."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #8418 on: December 23, 2020, 09:58:24 AM »

/jarmo

That must be one of the best things that happen in 2020, if it is true of course.

Gotta believe Slash himself has zero to gain by saying he is recording something for Gnr if he is not in fact doing that - so yes - this is encouraging
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #8419 on: December 23, 2020, 10:10:55 AM »

/jarmo

Possibly the only good thing to happen in 2020.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: