Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560477 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8500 on: February 01, 2021, 02:14:11 PM »

At this point I don’t think it matters how they do it, they just need to do it.  Any new release from guns will be huge and get massive attention whether  it’s positive or negative .  It’s just a matter if they are going to do it .

Exactly. The delay smacks of procrastination and makes me wonder if the band even wants to release a new record. I mean, why go through all that hassle when they’re doing very well with touring?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8501 on: February 01, 2021, 02:15:56 PM »

"Thing were really going well for us.  Everything was clicking.  Then we dropped that surprise album.  Total disaster.  The true beginning of the end."

- no band ever

😂

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8502 on: February 01, 2021, 02:33:58 PM »

Exactly. The delay smacks of procrastination and makes me wonder if the band even wants to release a new record. I mean, why go through all that hassle when they’re doing very well with touring?

What delay?

It hasn't had a single release date as far as I know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8503 on: February 01, 2021, 04:20:40 PM »

At this point I don’t think it matters how they do it, they just need to do it.  Any new release from guns will be huge and get massive attention whether  it’s positive or negative .  It’s just a matter if they are going to do it .

I think, in the current climate, u r better releasing a record and being able to promote it via touring etc. I'd rather it be done properly.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8504 on: February 01, 2021, 04:24:11 PM »

Exactly. The delay wait smacks of procrastination and makes me wonder if the band even wants to release a new record. I mean, why go through all that hassle when they’re doing very well with touring?

What delay?

It hasn't had a single release date as far as I know.

/jarmo

Noted, I’ve revised my post

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8505 on: February 01, 2021, 04:32:23 PM »

I don't think Axl wrote and recorded all that material, just to keep it for himself...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8506 on: February 01, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »

I don't think Axl wrote and recorded all that material, just to keep it for himself...

/jarmo

I hope you’re right. Would be tragic not to hear this stuff

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8507 on: February 02, 2021, 06:23:30 AM »

All these "they don't wanna release music, they just wanna tour" comments over the years... I get it, but at the same time, I don't.

Maybe they have the luxury of not having to release music when others want them to. I know that's a bad thing to some, because they want music....

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8508 on: February 02, 2021, 06:50:43 AM »

Yeah. GN'R sold a lot of tickets, so there is an audience who likes the music and would probably want to buy a new album.

are we sure about that? I mean of course there's fans & hardcore fans, but there's also a
large part of curious people who wants to see a very famous band reunited live, casual rock
listeners, millenials and so on...who doesn't necessary even buy rock music in the large
sense of the term.

but I assume management have a pretty good idea of what the numbers are, but if I'm
correct streaming is financially a better operation for services than for the artists, so I'm
not sure that's the best way to deliver new music to the audience

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8509 on: February 02, 2021, 07:39:26 AM »

are we sure about that? I mean of course there's fans & hardcore fans, but there's also a
large part of curious people who wants to see a very famous band reunited live, casual rock
listeners, millenials and so on...who doesn't necessary even buy rock music in the large
sense of the term.

Sure, a part of that crowd are casual fans who don't necessarily buy albums but go see the big shows each summer (when touring exists).

Another part of that crowd are the hardcore fans who follow the band on social media, fan forums, are fan club members etc etc.

But then there's the rest.... People who were fans, then life happened... And then they were reminded that "GN'R is back!". If they are reminded that there is new music from GN'R, there's a potential audience right there.

I'm not talking sales numbers here, I'm speaking from the point of the record company. Compared to how things were with Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #8510 on: February 02, 2021, 10:30:00 AM »

Again we are all free to debate .   If they wanted to they would . Period. When and if they do will know.  We can all speculate  but this is the  only band in the world  “ love them anyways “  that can’t seem to release new music .  It’s not a industry thing , it’s not a marketing thing .   It’s a  Guns n Roses  thing .

Side note I’ve been seeing this band live since 1987 I’m 43 and I can firmly say it took till the Not in this life time tour  for it to become a well oiled machine .   From show start times to professionalism to amazing media coverage.   So anything is possible .  And now that the gravy train won’t stop flowing  it’s the perfect time to drop an EP OR ALBUM.   If they don’t they’ll be just like. KISS.  All to say they have solidified their Legacy, so what will be will be .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:47:09 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8511 on: February 02, 2021, 11:13:27 AM »

Again we are all free to debate .   If they wanted to they would . Period.

No.

Let's say you want to buy a new car.

You go to the dealer, you see the prices, and you either pay what's asked, or you keep looking. You want a car, but you're not that desperate.

So, if you don't buy it, you don't want a car?

Of course not. You just want the right car.

It's the same with everything in life.

/jarmo

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #8512 on: February 02, 2021, 11:18:03 AM »

Your analogy makes no sense .  There is a price to pay for anything you want .  It’s not always money .  
The likely hood of a new album is just as likely as you finding a steel sports at your Rolex AD.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:32:43 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8513 on: February 02, 2021, 11:44:50 AM »

Your analogy makes no sense .  There is a price to pay for anything you want .  It’s not always money .  
The likely hood of a new album is just as likely as you finding a steel sports at your Rolex AD.  

Maybe you don't understand it.

Wanting something isn't a question of just wanting or not.

Your assumption that if a band wants to release something, they will. Well, what if they want to release it on their terms when it suits them?

Does that mean they don't want to release it? No. It means there's conditions.

Your Rolex analogy makes absolutely no sense.

/jarmo

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #8514 on: February 02, 2021, 12:15:07 PM »

Jarmo you have a way of expressing your opinion that shows your loyalty to team brazil and the band .  Obviously you’ve earned it with the hard work you put into this forum and  no doubt found friendships with them.   But you’re  biased and you protect your opinions and this band like it’s  your  girlfriend.   Just look at how you used to bash slash prior to the reconciliation and call out people for hating on the new guns era.  Your opinions sway based on the status of the band .
I certainly don’t expect anything nor am I waiting for anything but you’d think after this being the 4th highest yielding tour in history , it would be logical  to strike while the irons  hot .

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:25:13 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8515 on: February 02, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »

So, ultimately, there is a very high probability that there’s at least an albums worth of solid GnR tunes that in all likelihood have been in a 95%+ completed form for well over a decade now that aren’t seeing the light of day because the bands/Axl’s release/promo demands aren’t being met?

Is that a fair summation of the current state of things?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8516 on: February 02, 2021, 02:28:36 PM »

Jarmo you have a way of expressing your opinion that shows your loyalty to team brazil and the band .  Obviously you’ve earned it with the hard work you put into this forum and  no doubt found friendships with them.   But you’re  biased and you protect your opinions and this band like it’s  your  girlfriend.   Just look at how you used to bash slash prior to the reconciliation and call out people for hating on the new guns era.  Your opinions sway based on the status of the band .

Oh jeez.

#1: My opinion is my opinion.
#2: Has very little to do with anything other than knowing what I know, and coming to my own conclusions. Just like your opinion.
#3: The past has nothing to do with this. Yes, it was tiring/boring hearing people whine about how "it's not GN'R" for years. Well, their loss, they missed out on some amazing shows. I was enjoying that time, the present. I tend to always focus on now, not the past. Enjoy what you have.
#4: My opinion hasn't changed. I still support GN'R. I still don't believe everything written about GN'R to be the absolute truth.

I certainly don’t expect anything nor am I waiting for anything but you’d think after this being the 4th highest yielding tour in history , it would be logical  to strike while the irons  hot .

That's kinda what I said.... Hopefully there record company is more involved than last time.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #8517 on: February 02, 2021, 02:49:58 PM »

Sure, a part of that crowd are casual fans who don't necessarily buy albums but go see the big shows each summer (when touring exists).

Another part of that crowd are the hardcore fans who follow the band on social media, fan forums, are fan club members etc etc.

But then there's the rest.... People who were fans, then life happened... And then they were reminded that "GN'R is back!". If they are reminded that there is new music from GN'R, there's a potential audience right there.

I'm not talking sales numbers here, I'm speaking from the point of the record company. Compared to how things were with Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

yeah, I had the Chinese Democracy situation in mind when I wrote my precedent post, and
I was thinking well, all thing considered it sold pretty OK, it took some time, but it was fine,
and it was 12 years ago...

logically a LP with Slash & Duff would sell more because of whatever nostalgia factor and the
"real GNR" element, but like I said CD was kinda in the last bunch of albums "traditionaly released"
12 years ago, these days the situation is a bit different I suppose, so yeah, streaming is ok for listening
to your phone, when you're moving, I don't have a car so I don't know if music players there are connected
or if it's still use physical CDS...

all supports are good, different targets, the "surprise" aspect, still not sure it's the best way to deliver their
music, but well, Slash & Duff could do the media stuff to promote it at least  hihi

DeN
Legend

« Reply #8518 on: February 02, 2021, 02:50:56 PM »

Everything sounds better on vinyl.  Cheesy

not German electronic music, believe me.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8519 on: February 02, 2021, 03:09:32 PM »

Is anyone at this point really selling to, or hoping for volume out of "the guy that puts a CD in his truck?" I know a few people in here a fans of physical media, but honestly it's 2021, who doesn't have bluetooth and a smart phone at this point. Jesus I don't think even as far back as 2008 with Chinese Democracy I ever brought the physical CD into my car. I've had some type of MP3 direct input (ipod) or MP3 CD that I burned with hundred of songs since 2000 when I worked at Best Buy my senior year of college.

You are selling to and hoping for streams from a crowd that embraced that tech, and MAYBE get vinyl for home use for the audiophiles. Otherwise I feel physical is dead for day to day usage. That's how I consumed the Appetite re-release, I wasn't wasting money on a box set just to say I had it. I knew I was going to consume it on Amazon Music like everything else I listen too.

Most releases are still put out on CD/LP. If no one buys them, why is that?

And there's still people who listen to the radio instead of a playlist on a streaming service....

/jarmo

I'm not saying that a physical release isn't going to happen, but it isn't for the majority of the music consuming public. Sure to Mysteron's point, there is a thriving Vinyl market, but that is for the audiophile crowd... or worse the hipster crowd that can't hear the difference but want you to hear all about the vinyl they buy.

My take on this though is that this isn't 1991 anymore. People aren't lining up to buy something they can listen to as part of their streaming subscription the second it becomes available. No one is walking into a record store (if they even exist anymore) to see what the latest release is. If a "surprise" release hit's the streaming platforms and YouTube with social media targeted at the release it will do well, then the vinyl sales come after it gains some traction.

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: