Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563982 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9120 on: July 14, 2022, 02:04:59 AM »

All we can do is let the band and label know, we, the folks with the money to spend, are interested in making a purchase.

Amen to that.

Was hoping we might have got a new song or two following Slash’s comments. Kinda bummed about that. Still have hopes we’ll see something before the end of the year but you can’t count on anything with GnR

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9121 on: July 14, 2022, 11:51:45 AM »

All we can do is let the band and label know, we, the folks with the money to spend, are interested in making a purchase.

Amen to that.

Was hoping we might have got a new song or two following Slash’s comments. Kinda bummed about that. Still have hopes we’ll see something before the end of the year but you can’t count on anything with GnR

Where is Merck in all this?  Axl signed something over to his company way back when.  It had something to do with the music not the management of the band.  Sounded like it was a forever thing but you know, nothing lasts forever.  The person who put the current information out there had a direct link to him back in the day.

I think Slash's comments were made at an interview before the songs were available for purchase.  The interview was published after we got the news.  It all happened right about the same time?

There's so many people talking it's hard to follow.  And time goes by, it all gets mercky.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9122 on: July 14, 2022, 01:31:47 PM »

Amen to that.

Where is Merck in all this?  Axl signed something over to his company way back when.  It had something to do with the music not the management of the band.  Sounded like it was a forever thing but you know, nothing lasts forever.  The person who put the current information out there had a direct link to him back in the day.

I think Slash's comments were made at an interview before the songs were available for purchase.  The interview was published after we got the news.  It all happened right about the same time?

There's so many people talking it's hard to follow.  And time goes by, it all gets mercky.  hihi

Merck was with Sanctuary, they went under and Universal bought the rights to the songs, so he's not involved any longer. Uni have total control now
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9123 on: July 14, 2022, 04:20:51 PM »

Amen to that.

Merck was with Sanctuary, they went under and Universal bought the rights to the songs, so he's not involved any longer. Uni have total control now

How long do they have the rights?  That's too bad about Sanctuary.  Always liked Merck.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9124 on: July 15, 2022, 03:42:44 AM »

Amen to that.

That's concerning, the label not responding to inquiries.  We were all following along with the single releases leading up to an album.  Maybe it's just his inquiries and the band knows the plan?  I would have thought they wanted to hit the European market but maybe they are with these two singles?  Moving fucking slow if that's the plan to introduce them in each market.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9125 on: July 15, 2022, 06:00:11 PM »

All things considered, I think it would be fair to say that GnR isn’t overly interested in getting new music out there. Touring the old hits seems to be the modus operandi, possibly forever  Huh

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9126 on: July 15, 2022, 07:26:18 PM »

All things considered, I think it would be fair to say that GnR isn’t overly interested in getting new music out there. Touring the old hits seems to be the modus operandi, possibly forever  Huh

You know, why get all stressed out when you did what you were suppose to do and it's in somebody else's hands.  I guess they can continue to cover other music if they want to freshen up the show.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9127 on: July 18, 2022, 01:19:28 PM »

You know, why get all stressed out when you did what you were suppose to do and it's in somebody else's hands.  I guess they can continue to cover other music if they want to freshen up the show.

You really believe everything’s been handed over and we all waiting because of the mean and nasty record company?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9128 on: July 18, 2022, 11:48:16 PM »

You really believe everything’s been handed over and we all waiting because of the mean and nasty record company?

I don't think they are mean and nasty.   hihi  I think the label doesn't see any money in it for them.  There's not "a big hit single in the charts."

It's like the Neil Young not being Neil Young lawsuit.  GNR wants to progress the type of music they do and the label doesn't think it's a seller.  Probably why we got Hardskool.  Old GNR but it wasn't hit back then and isn't a hit now.  Absurd, new GNR, the band likes it, still not a hit.  The label has a profit they want and GNR isn't getting it for them with the new stuff.

Oh yeah, I think the label has a bunch of music, just waiting for Axl to die and they will pull a Prince and Tom Petty deal.  Do I think they will kill him off?   hihi  No but if he lives till 90, we'll all be dead or deaf, whatever, we won't buy it then so it is a bit of a gamble on the labels part that plan may pan out one day.  Better to preorder singles, take a little profit but don't put them ahead of bigger profits.  Keep GNR on the line and milk that back catalog off a band that is drawing big crowds at their current concerts.

The band is doing what they like to do, perform, and the label is doing okay the way things are.  No reason to change the status quo until the money changes.   

Just my opinion, this is not my business experience.  I'm guessing like the rest of you.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9129 on: July 19, 2022, 12:09:57 AM »

And, let me add, it wouldn't hurt GNR to swing towards the country music charts.  They have their own cable channel and it shows videos.  Not sure how country music is selling but I see more rock type music in that category.  Go hang with Carrie.  I think she started out rock and moved over.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9130 on: July 19, 2022, 01:26:02 PM »

It's equal parts funny and sad how many people truly believe this.

But I'd even question if they really even do.  Just smacks of a coping strategy.  Easier to blame some unseen boogeyman than to have to say out loud your favorite band is lazy.

As I have been saying for 10 years at site :

Take all the "well, actually..." roads people go down here.  All the ways to try and explain away how there has only been one album of new material in 31 years.  Take all those arguments, word for word, and replace "Guns N' Roses" with the name of some other band.  One you are not as emotionally invested in.

You would call those people out for being completely delusional.  Nothing else would make sense. 

Instead, we try and convince ourselves that releasing an album...something done every week, of every month, of every year, by every other musical act on Earth...just isn't in the cards for GNR.  Though zero fault of their own, of course.

Foolishness.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9131 on: July 19, 2022, 01:36:07 PM »

Have there been issues between artist and record company in the past? Yes.

Have there been issues in the past six years, or are there current issues? No idea. But they released two digital singles last year and put out a fan club only version of the physical single this year...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9132 on: July 19, 2022, 03:17:36 PM »

Have there been issues between artist and record company in the past? Yes.

Have there been issues in the past six years, or are there current issues? No idea. But they released two digital singles last year and put out a fan club only version of the physical single this year...

Which was great! 

I really dug one of them.  But even the one that doesn't make my playlists, glad it came out.  Wasn't' my bag, but I know some liked it.  All good in the hood

(EDIT : 'Hard Skool'.  'Hard Skool' was the one I really liked.  The other one is pretty much just noise, to me.)

But this is a legacy touring band.  That's been clear for 6 years of the regrouping, and the 5 years that came before it.  When people show you who they are, believe them.

People waiting on a new album might as well also hold nightly vigils for Bigfoot.  See which one gets here first.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9133 on: July 21, 2022, 12:35:43 PM »

There have been so-called "record label" problems throughout the history of making music, and yet bands, even the most dysfunctional of all bands, still manage to make music and release that music. To excuse the lack of creative output from Guns N' Roses by saying their situation is just so special it can't be overcome, is the height of arrogance. Massive bands from the Rolling Stones to Pearl Jam to Bob Dylan to more minor artists somehow are able to navigate the same fucked up eco-system Guns n' Roses swims in, yet they manage to produce new music. Why? Because they want to. That is the only reason. If there are record label problems, they have the best paid attorneys to figure out those problems and to clear any obstacles standing in the way of the release of new music. It all comes down to will, and Guns n' Roses doesn't have the will or desire to produce full-length albums of new music. Do you know how I know that? Because they have only released a single album of new material in the last 31 years. All the excuses people throw around here are just that, excuses.

This is a legacy touring band and nothing more. And that is OK. That's what they want to be and do, to entertain fans across the world. Just stop fooling yourselves they are anything else.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9134 on: July 21, 2022, 12:41:33 PM »

They released two singles last year. Which is two more than the year before.

They're not gonna release music until they want to. Being all frustrated about it, or arguing about how great the music business is, isn't gonna change that. Smiley

Will there be new music? Yes, of course. Until someone who actually knows something about it says "no".

Will it cure everyone's frustrations and unite the world? Maybe!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #9135 on: July 22, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »

Ha it’s only ever a problem in Gnr world , other rock n roll bands release albums without much aggro . Pearl Jam , Chilli Peppers , Green Day , Noel and Liam , I doubt very much it’s record label problems!
Over the years I’ve learnt to almost forget about it but it used to do my head in a few years ago . If/when it happens I’m there that’s for sure
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9136 on: July 23, 2022, 06:52:58 AM »

You do remember the band not being happy with the record company when Chinese was released right? But of course, if the band isn't happy, that's not a "problem with the record company"....

Have you noticed anything different in the text printed on the releases lately? It says "Copyright 2021 Guns N' Roses under exclusive license to Geffen Records". Notice how in the past it just said "Copyright Geffen Records"?

Anyone notice that little detail? Obviously they must've had to do something in order for that to be changed.   Huh

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9137 on: July 24, 2022, 02:57:39 PM »

You do remember the band not being happy with the record company when Chinese was released right? But of course, if the band isn't happy, that's not a "problem with the record company"....

Have you noticed anything different in the text printed on the releases lately? It says "Copyright 2021 Guns N' Roses under exclusive license to Geffen Records". Notice how in the past it just said "Copyright Geffen Records"?

Anyone notice that little detail? Obviously they must've had to do something in order for that to be changed.   Huh

/jarmo

So, are we to assume that issues with the record company haven’t been resolved and now GnR are releasing singles off their own back, but are under licence to the label? Maybe this is why the single route is being adopted, as I expect it might be difficult (impossible?) for a band to release an album off its own back without label involvement. Is there maybe a game plan to keep releasing singles until the label issues are resolved? Just my $0.02

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9138 on: July 24, 2022, 03:59:28 PM »

/jarmo

So, are we to assume that issues with the record company haven’t been resolved and now GnR are releasing singles off their own back, but are under licence to the label? Maybe this is why the single route is being adopted, as I expect it might be difficult (impossible?) for a band to release an album off its own back without label involvement. Is there maybe a game plan to keep releasing singles until the label issues are resolved? Just my $0.02

Go with what Jarmo says but   hihi  Legal language changes all the time to kind of firm up what it means.  Could just be a change in wording.  What that says to me is GNR is still in partnership with Geffen.  Might mean there is an end to that partnership that has to be renegotiated at some point.

I highly suspect, the label saw the value in GNR music way back when and locked that back catalog in forever.  And you aren't ever going to get it away from them.  Newer music may have a different contract. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9139 on: July 24, 2022, 05:28:18 PM »

/jarmo

Not sure why you would assume anything like that from what I said. Just pointed out that things have happened and no one knew about it.

Therefore, issues might have existed in the past without anyone knowing, yet it's being ridiculed as something silly. Also, issues that might have existed without anyone knowing might've been resolved without anyone knowing! In short, my point is, we don't know. Acting like the opposite is true just makes little sense... Cheesy

In the past, the record company owned the recordings. Now, with my limited knowledge of the music industry, it seems like they are allowed to release it by licensing the music from the band. Does that make any difference? Who knows. As long as the band is happy. Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: