Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559900 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9320 on: October 05, 2022, 05:36:41 AM »

What do you guys think, will we get new songs on this leg of the tour? GNR has sound checked a new song. Thoughts and comments. beer

Rizzo160
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9321 on: October 05, 2022, 11:16:03 AM »

I write my own songs too, You could argue the vocal melodies and the lyrics are the song. Without them its just naked bones, cool naked bones, but naked bones nonetheless.

You can't write vocal melodies without chord changes to write them over. Never mind the fact that we all know the writing of Contraband happened mostly before Scott was even hired. Slash had Slither and Fall to Pieces in his pocket already.

Sure you can, you just need rhythm.  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9322 on: October 05, 2022, 03:45:19 PM »

What do you guys think, will we get new songs on this leg of the tour? GNR has sound checked a new song. Thoughts and comments. beer

Pretty sure they will play their new single... You Could Be Mine!

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9323 on: October 06, 2022, 02:50:09 AM »

What do i think? 6 years with no new music created by the guys  (i mean created mainly by them) . I would be dead tired. Even the old "new" line up was more productive  rofl rofl, enough said. As i said many times I don't care that much, but for you all: Don't old your breath.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:52:13 AM by ITARocker » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9324 on: October 06, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »

What do i think? 6 years with no new music created by the guys  (i mean created mainly by them) . I would be dead tired. Even the old "new" line up was more productive  rofl rofl, enough said. As i said many times I don't care that much, but for you all: Don't old your breath.

Don't be surprised if writing isn't going on and you'll hear it from spin off bands.  And then they'll cover it.  hihi

Okay, that was mean.   hihi
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 10:08:28 AM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9325 on: October 07, 2022, 03:13:26 PM »

Just an opinion, I think, the people who buy the UYI box set are the ones who would appreciate a new song, so, even as a gesture of good will, it'd be nice for the band to release something different.

I just think of how long we've all been here, it's amazing really, and it must be amazing for the band too just how long folk stick about and do what they do
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9326 on: October 07, 2022, 09:54:26 PM »

Just an opinion, I think, the people who buy the UYI box set are the ones who would appreciate a new song, so, even as a gesture of good will, it'd be nice for the band to release something different.

I just think of how long we've all been here, it's amazing really, and it must be amazing for the band too just how long folk stick about and do what they do

From the IG live stream... I keep thinking we will be getting Berlin soon.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9327 on: October 14, 2022, 09:24:56 AM »

meanwhile, Red Hot Chili Peppers has a *second* LP out this year...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #9328 on: October 14, 2022, 10:15:11 AM »

That's because they are an actual band, a creative entity that feels inspired to produce new music. It's in their blood. Why be a rock n' roll band if you're not going to create new music?

We are given one life to live. If your chosen profession is in the arts, you want to take advantage of the time you have to actually create art.

That's not what Guns N Roses is. They are an entertainment business. They trot out the oldies to adoring fans in a live venue and make millions. That's their choice. Nothing wrong with that. It's just baffling that people try to convince themselves they are anything else. They have produced one album of newly composed songs in the past 31 years. That's all the evidence you need.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9329 on: October 14, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »

I think next year they will take a break from touring and will have plenty of time to put out an album. Time will tell  beer

Rizzo160
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9330 on: October 14, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »

Nothing wrong with that but did you listen to it? I know it's a personal choice and liking but if Guns do something like that I'd be disappointed. Both new singles of RHCP sucks. They should have remained with the Unlimited Love (which is very good) instead of putting out another record which in my opinion is just not good. My point is that I will always prefer quality over quantity. That said I still think it's time GN'R to put out an album and I can't wait to hear it if that happens some day. Time will tell.

"...It don't really matter..."
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9331 on: October 14, 2022, 01:46:29 PM »

I feel the complete opposite, long time RHCP fan but Unlimited Love was almost complete garbage and boring, new one sounds more refreshing and a bit different from what they used to do these last years, better songs.

so it appears both albums please to very different listeners, your point about quatity and quantity is not that valid after all.

Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9332 on: October 14, 2022, 01:47:30 PM »

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard: quantity AND quality  ok
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9333 on: October 15, 2022, 11:34:40 AM »

I feel the complete opposite, long time RHCP fan but Unlimited Love was almost complete garbage and boring, new one sounds more refreshing and a bit different from what they used to do these last years, better songs.

so it appears both albums please to very different listeners, your point about quatity and quantity is not that valid after all.

I'm glad you liked it. It all comes to tastes after all. I get your point but what I was trying to say is that I would prefer to wait and get a masterpiece from GN'R instead of mediocre albums every year or two. And again, I do think it's time for the band to get something out in terms of new music. I'd prefer an album, but that's a different long conversation which was discussed already.

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9334 on: October 15, 2022, 12:54:35 PM »

sure, but the thing is, there's no way to be sure a potential next album will be a masterpiece, even from the musicians point of view.

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9335 on: October 15, 2022, 02:12:22 PM »

Funny enough I still believe they can put out a killer record at some point though  Smiley

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9336 on: October 19, 2022, 07:23:56 PM »

Slash went on Eddie Trunk's show and said more songs are coming over the next few months. Not an album. Couple songs and couple songs. So maybe two EPs similar to Hard Skool. Reworked stuff per Slash. Then hopefully an album after some touring next year.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9337 on: October 19, 2022, 07:29:39 PM »

"There’s a handful of those songs that we actually fixed up and did when we were in lockdown. So those have yet to be released, so those are gonna come out. They’re really good, too, so I’m excited for those. We’re just gonna put out, like, one or two songs, and then another one or two songs. I think that’s gonna be pretty much all of them; I’m not sure exactly how many we did in total."

So my guesses:

State of Grace
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
The General

Maybe Oklahoma.... maybe Soul Monster... since Slash wasn't sure of the exact number.

And probably some live cuts as with the Hard Skool EP I'm guessing. Some sort of b-sides
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9338 on: October 19, 2022, 07:50:00 PM »

Slash went on Eddie Trunk's show and said more songs are coming over the next few months. Not an album. Couple songs and couple songs. So maybe two EPs similar to Hard Skool. Reworked stuff per Slash. Then hopefully an album after some touring next year.

I think this works out the best for the band.  Re-work the songs that Axl/Slash/Duff like from the CD era.  Then tour next summer, then start fresh with new material for a possible new album.  It's a great time to be a GnR fan.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9339 on: October 19, 2022, 07:59:31 PM »

Okay cool, we're going to get that.    Smiley  Intriguing they are going to stay together and write as a band.   Cheesy  All smiles.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: