Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563532 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9760 on: July 16, 2023, 08:30:26 AM »

I have to say that sounds promising….that dude would  know and doesn’t seem like a bullshitter.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #9761 on: July 16, 2023, 02:48:02 PM »

I have to say that sounds promising….that dude would  know and doesn’t seem like a bullshitter.

I agree, He wouldent risk a career with Gnr going back to 1988 just to brag to random small group of fans while filming him. If this was not true or not something they wanted out publicly yet he would get in trouble.

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #9762 on: July 17, 2023, 04:33:37 PM »

I wonder when they will drop a new single, perhaps for the beginning of the North American tour.  Do you guys think it will be Perhaps or the General? So excited to hear new music especially since I will be seeing them on August 15. beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9763 on: July 17, 2023, 09:08:35 PM »

I'm surprised nobody is talking about this quote:

"It's a lot more, kind of Appetite-orientated. They had a lot of songs, when the band went in originally and recorded Appetite for Destruction, I think they recorded like 29 songs. So there's a bunch of other music that was left over that didn't make the first record," he added.

Seems to be suggesting they will re-use unreleased AFD era material? I find that a bit hard to believe, but who knows.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 09:10:58 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9764 on: July 17, 2023, 11:57:14 PM »

"It's a lot more, kind of Appetite-orientated. They had a lot of songs, when the band went in originally and recorded Appetite for Destruction, I think they recorded like 29 songs. So there's a bunch of other music that was left over that didn't make the first record," he added.

Seems to be suggesting they will re-use unreleased AFD era material? I find that a bit hard to believe, but who knows.

All talked out on this subject.  Over getting excited.   hihi  Not to say that I don't care and don't want new music.  Waiting for the band to say it's a go.  Then we'll talk.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9765 on: July 18, 2023, 01:33:16 PM »

My take is that he meant to refer to Chinese

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9766 on: July 18, 2023, 05:28:46 PM »

what? it means what it means, that the new material sounds more like their classic album. what is difficult to understand here?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9767 on: July 18, 2023, 05:30:03 PM »

My take is that he meant to refer to Chinese

what? he's talking about new songs. CD is a song from 2008, remember?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9768 on: July 19, 2023, 09:08:04 PM »

what? it means what it means, that the new material sounds more like their classic album. what is difficult to understand here?

Try reading past the first sentence.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9769 on: July 20, 2023, 06:39:44 AM »

I find this very interesting.  I noticed it when I read the article, too.

It's been widely assumed (and reported) that most of the AFD vault is empty...and the few things that were left have now been released.

So either everyone (including some of the band) were mistaken OR the stage tech is a little confused about what album/era the material is from....or he misspoke in the 2nd sentence. Something like that.

I hope this pans out just so we get an answer to that question, one way or the other.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9770 on: July 20, 2023, 07:53:08 AM »

I find this very interesting.  I noticed it when I read the article, too.

It's been widely assumed (and reported) that most of the AFD vault is empty...and the few things that were left have now been released.

So either everyone (including some of the band) were mistaken OR the stage tech is a little confused about what album/era the material is from....or he misspoke in the 2nd sentence. Something like that.

I hope this pans out just so we get an answer to that question, one way or the other.

So maybe there is reworked version of 'Too Much Too Soon', 'Bring It Back Home', 'Crash Diet', 'Sentimental Movie', 'Goodnight Tonight' but I kind of doubt they will dig up songs that are that old. We will just have to see. I would still love a studio version of GnR doing Crash Diet

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9771 on: July 20, 2023, 08:39:33 AM »

I find this very interesting.  I noticed it when I read the article, too.

So maybe there is reworked version of 'Too Much Too Soon', 'Bring It Back Home', 'Crash Diet', 'Sentimental Movie', 'Goodnight Tonight' but I kind of doubt they will dig up songs that are that old. We will just have to see. I would still love a studio version of GnR doing Crash Diet

I imagine already the reworked song with the old vocals ... hihi hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9772 on: July 20, 2023, 05:30:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure Axl does not consider Crash Diet a GnR song.  I swear I read that somewhere.... Wink
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 05:33:18 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #9773 on: July 20, 2023, 06:30:05 PM »

If you have worked continuously for GnR since 88 there is NO WAY you’ll get it wrong between AFD and CD era songs

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9774 on: July 20, 2023, 07:38:52 PM »

If you have worked continuously for GnR since 88 there is NO WAY you’ll get it wrong between AFD and CD era songs

But you can mis-speak just about anything. Get your wires crossed and not even realize you're saying the wrong word. Everyone does it.

That's what I'm leaning toward here. Because it would be a massive secret that was somehow kept for 30 years if there was a lot of AFD material unreleased.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9775 on: July 21, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »

I'm pretty sure Axl does not consider Crash Diet a GnR song.  I swear I read that somewhere.... Wink

I think in one of the old online chats, he refers to it as a West Arkeen song, that was more one of his and his friends than a GNR track (Danny Clarke is credited as a co-writer on it, it appeared on the second Asphalt Ballet album).
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #9776 on: July 21, 2023, 01:07:17 PM »

Re worked just another Sunday would have mass market appeal

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #9777 on: July 21, 2023, 02:04:51 PM »

But you can mis-speak just about anything. Get your wires crossed and not even realize you're saying the wrong word. Everyone does it.

That's what I'm leaning toward here. Because it would be a massive secret that was somehow kept for 30 years if there was a lot of AFD material unreleased.

This is what I'm leaning toward to.

Meant to say a More AFD feel, and in the next breath crossed his wires with AFD and Chinese.  One was on the mind and the brain didn't move on.

But we'll see.

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9778 on: July 22, 2023, 07:04:13 AM »

It’s not Appetite stuff….come on. It is more likely stuff written from basically 1994 to 2008 with all the different musicians. Crazy shit…

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9779 on: July 28, 2023, 01:06:59 PM »

Perhaps "Perhaps" is next up given it was soundchecked recently. Really feels like that's going to be the next song released.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: