Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1564988 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #980 on: January 08, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »

It's easy to post shit about stuff you know nothing about. Only because you read an article in a newspaper doesn't mean you know all the details.

I know Portugal doesn't have ice hockey,and you just proved your own ignorance by assuming others are as ignorant as you.  ok

/jarmo

When you say "It's as good as Portugal on Ice Hockey, you're assuming Portugal HAS Ice Hockey and they're not that good" For someone/a country to be bad at something, that something has to exist... don't you think?   drool

Oh My God i cant deny this...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #981 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »

See this is the problem.....No music = unbelievably stupid discussions. I seem to recall equally banal, idiotic, tiresome crap in the years before CD. Seems that's where we are again.

Bring on some music.

as much as I am actually getting irritated by this Halo clown he is correct in stating that Jarmo and this site went from quite open to debate,constructive criticism to quite fanatical almost overnight. It's hard to have complete credibility when from a distance it does appear that instructions were given or a deal made to bring you into the fold and in effect control what was being said about the band by the fans??

I apologies if that's harsh or wrong but it's my perception. There was just a complete about face in how this site was managed and it was almost overnight.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #982 on: January 08, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »

See this is the problem.....No music = unbelievably stupid discussions. I seem to recall equally banal, idiotic, tiresome crap in the years before CD. Seems that's where we are again.

Bring on some music.

as much as I am actually getting irritated by this Halo clown he is correct in stating that Jarmo and this site went from quite open to debate,constructive criticism to quite fanatical almost overnight. It's hard to have complete credibility when from a distance it does appear that instructions were given or a deal made to bring you into the fold and in effect control what was being said about the band by the fans??

I apologies if that's harsh or wrong but it's my perception. There was just a complete about face in how this site was managed and it was almost overnight.

It's not harsh... anybody with a brain can see that, and that's what i'm trying to say all along. Only reason i picked Jarmo is because he is the owner of the website, therefore responsible for it!   beer
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM by Halo69 » Logged

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #983 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:22 AM »

Well I am attempting to discuss in a polite manner. unfortunately halo you are the other extreme.

One one hand we have those that can't abide dissent, open criticism when it's clearly a ridiculous situation and has been for 20 years, and display fanatical disturbingly religious like devotion where the leader can never be questioned.

The other direction we have those who feel so disappointed, lonely, small, helpless etc that they post thousands of time...look at me I'm important, I have a voice etc etc and ruin what could be reasonable discussion (assuming the devotee's above don't get their panties caught up in a bunch when the elephant in the room is mentioned).

The rest of us feel a bit sad our favorite band, the one we invested our youths in has deteriorated as a creative entity (for all intents and purposes) we have lives, partners, jobs, interests, have developed alternative musical tastes etc etc and mostly moved on. It's just annoying not to be able to come here and have a real discussion cos you feel like the meat in a psycho sandwich.

Rant over Smiley
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:26:22 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #984 on: January 08, 2013, 09:28:34 AM »

This is fun,but can we start a new "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread ?
 Smiley

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #985 on: January 08, 2013, 09:31:01 AM »

Id be interested to know how many more albums Axl owes the label...

How many did they sign up for when they first signed the record contract I have always wondered what happens when bands break up and can't fulfill there contracts?

That's for the lawyers to figure out. Bands have also been let go from contracts for all sorts of reasons, but if they had been working on music, the band might not be allowed to take those songs.

I just remember reading about a 6 album deal, but GNR renegotiated the contract before UYI came out, and prob. before Chinese Democracy came out.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #986 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »

Well I am attempting to discuss in a polite manner. unfortunately halo you are the other extreme.

One one hand we have those that can't abide dissent, open criticism when it's clearly a ridiculous situation and has been for 20 years, and display fanatical disturbingly religious like devotion where the leader can never be questioned.

The other direction we have those who feel so disappointed, lonely, small, helpless etc that they post thousands of time...look at me I'm important, I have a voice etc etc and ruin what could be reasonable discussion (assuming the devotee's above don't get their panties caught up in a bunch when the elephant in the room is mentioned).

The rest of us feel a bit sad our favorite band, the one we invested our youths in has deteriorated as a creative entity (for all intents and purposes) we have lives, partners, jobs, interests, have developed alternative musical tastes etc etc and mostly moved on. It's just annoying not to be able to come here and have a real discussion cos you feel like the meat in a psycho sandwich.

Rant over Smiley

Well my friend i'm polite with those who are polite with me! Jarmo is far from being polite to anybody.... not just me... but to everyone that tends to make a comment about the band that Jarmo will dislike, he will first discuss it in a none polite matter, and if he sees he's losing the discussion, he will start taking shots at you...I don't feel obligated to be polite to a person who isn't polite with me as well, i'm sorry!

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #987 on: January 08, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »

Dysfunction n Roses are possibly the worst band in the universe as far as communication (including between themselves....band members have never seemingly had a clue what their own 'bands' plans are especially in relation to the creative aspect like albums).  So that coupled with years and years of no news leads to a vacuum. That vacuum gets filled by cynicism, bored people making up lies and the frustrated fans making critical attacks. To attempt to just censor that away actually exacerbates the problem rather than solving it. There's definitely a shoot the messenger mentality at time. It seems there is a lack of openess and then it becomes worse when speculation is censored because human nature is both "fuck you" and "Oh shit we are being censored, perhaps we have hit a nerve or our speculation is accurate?"

If we can't all agree that 1 album in 20 years is comically bad, but also agree that ahhh fuck it's just a band....time to move on. Then I'm not sure we have much chance of resolving global warming or the middle east personally.

That said I simply don't believe you Halo. feel free to PM me a few of these lyrics if you wish.I will not post them because it's neither my style nor something I could be fucked doing. But go hard and I'll build a church in your honor If I'm wrong.

In the meantime I'm off to have a few Vodka's and play some cool music that has actually not been played to death now.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:04:22 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #988 on: January 08, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »

When you are disrespectful to the band, its members and people working for the band, don't expect me to kiss your ass.

In this case, we have a person whose been begging others to sell him unreleased unheard GN'R tracks in the past. On top of that, he's shown total lack of respect towards this site and myself.
How he can expect me to be nice to him is beyond me.

Anyway, regarding the change in "attitude" on this site. You're right.
For years I could see why people were upset with getting nothing. No shows, no tours, no news, no new album etc etc. But things started happening in 2006. We had a new band playing shows in NYC, Europe and then again in North America.

Things were happening, yet the whining continued. I couldn't relate to it. It made less sense.

And then the album came out, and we had shows and so on. And still, some kept whining...

So, to me it makes less and less sense to be a fan and whine about shit when you have far more things going on than say in 2005....

I just got tired of it.

I also can't relate to feeling "owed" as a fan.

When you say "It's as good as Portugal on Ice Hockey, you're assuming Portugal HAS Ice Hockey and they're not that good" For someone/a country to be bad at something, that something has to exist... don't you think?   drool

Well, actually they do have it, but their track record is still as good as yours in telling the truth. So... Keep trying to explain the analogy away. Portugal is as good in ice hockey as you're in telling the truth. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #989 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »

Dysfunction n Roses are possibly the worst band in the universe as far as communication (including between themselves....band members have never seemingly had a clue what their own 'bands' plans are especially in relation to the creative aspect like albums).  So that coupled with years and years of no news leads to a vacuum. That vacuum gets filled by cynicism, bored people making up lies and the frustrated fans making critical attacks. To attempt to just censor that away actually exacerbates the problem rather than solving it. There's definitely a shoot the messenger mentality at time. It seems there is a lack of openess and then it becomes worse when speculation is censored because human nature is both "fuck you" and "Oh shit we are being censored, perhaps we have hit a nerve or our speculation is accurate?"

If we can't all agree that 1 album in 20 years is comically bad, but also agree that ahhh fuck it's just a band....time to move on. Then I'm not sure we have much chance of resolving global warming or the middle east personally.

That said I simply don't believe you Halo. feel free to PM me a few of these lyrics if you wish.I will not post them because it's neither my style nor something I could be fucked doing. But go hard and I'll build a church in your honor If I'm wrong.

In the meantime I'm off to have a few Vodka's and play some cool music that has actually not been played to death now.

I can't say I agree with this, though I understand your perspective.  Boredom is no excuse to make up lies.  It's not like it's the only option to deal with boredom, like it is either be bored or make up lies.  Things were quiet and boring from 2003 until 2006.  In that time, I can't say I ever made up an attention-seeking lie like what we have here.  I'm sure there are many, many others who can say the same.

I absolutely don't agree that "censorship", at least in relation to outright fabrications exacerbates any problem.  Spreading lies and people subsequently giving these lies some credence does no good.  I think it's more frustrating than the silence.

Ali
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #990 on: January 08, 2013, 12:24:21 PM »

i'm polite with those who are polite with me!

That's another lie.

Because when you make a lengthy post directed at the entire community where you're lying about what's on the next album, what it sounds like, etc etc you're being rude and disrespectful to every single person here.
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #991 on: January 08, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »

i would like to speculate that guns n' roses are negotiating to honor and consummate their contract with universal and will sign a new multi-album deal with anti- records. or maybe not.
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #992 on: January 08, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »

i would also like to speculate that portugal will make the stanley cup finals, but lose in 7 games to the detroit red wings. or maybe not.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #993 on: January 08, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »

carmiedisco12 - you talk a lot of sense. I feel pretty much the same as you really.

Basically though- I think we all agree we'd like to hear some new material, but relish the opportunity to see the band play live whenever we can, right? That makes total sense to me.

The bit I do find sad is the thought that there might be loads of great material written/recorded sitting in vaults that we may never hear. I'm not sure if that is the case or not, but there might well be. Seems a total waste to me if it is.

I'd also really like a new live album or DVD- that would be great. But at the end of the day, as carmiedisco12 says, we have lives to lead. I don't feel the band 'owes' me anything- if they put out a new CD, I'll buy it. If they tour, I'll pay to see them, that's it. It's not like they've taken my money and not delivered anything. It's strange in that I'd LIKE to spend more money on their products but there isn't more of it (which, let's face it. doesn't  happen very often in the capitalist world we live in- the idea that you'd like to spend money on stuff but can't) but that's the way it is. If they don't want to release, say a live DVD for me to spend money on, that's up to them, entirely.

Remember the t-shirt that this site sold many years ago, that said something like "we know about patience" on it? (someone correct me if I'm wrong there!)- we're playing the same game! Wait and see!

(By the way- I'd love one of those shirts if anyone still has one! haha!)

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #994 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:01 PM »

I officially quit reading this thread. It's gotten ridiculous.

I agree that we should start a new one. Jarmo...you've got the ban hammer. If things get out of hand, just boot the guy. There's a difference between someone whining, and this jackass that keeps carrying on. It's not worth the breath you're spitting out trying to argue with him.

I'm usually all about things being fair an equal, but lay down a little "Chinese Democracy" on the guy (see what I did there?). As in, play dictator, kick his ass out, and we can move on.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #995 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:05 PM »

Mr. Jarmo has a fanatical site?  I disagree.  He can delete Halo in seconds - but he hasn't - has he?  No he has not.  He just owned him by allowing the conversation and proving he Halo was full of shit.  WIN Jarmo.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #996 on: January 09, 2013, 12:17:41 AM »

Can't believe how spoiled GnR fans are.  You get a tour in 2011, plus UCAP tour ( intimate Venue) then Icing on the cake, with the Vegas Residency.  Then people complain about a album... they're still touring on that was only released in 2008.  Most bands take longer... I know, I know.  Be happy with what you have, it could always be worse.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #997 on: January 09, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »

Aparently nobody finds out any constructive explanation on why there were so many millions spent, and so many years for the record to come out, not even Howard Stern  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l9YSoZcGcBI#!

So i guess i did make my point and i did win the discussion! Millions of fans feel that way... even  those 4 million of fans who bought the album (i'm included twice!  Tongue )

Anyways, back to topic?!...  Not yet?  Wink
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:38:42 AM by Halo69 » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #998 on: January 09, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »

Everybody, please ignore all obvious attempts at trolling from now on.

It was fun while it lasted but sometimes watching paint dry is more rewarding than talking to that kind of people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #999 on: January 09, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Ok...seriously back to topic.. On my way to work this morning I listened to Appetite for Destruction. What strikes me about this particular album is how perfectly in sync the music sounds. The Base and the drums are totally in sync as are the rythm and lead guitar parts. That comes from learning the songs, playing the hell out of the songs and then and only then recording them. Rick Ruben ( the producer) is big on this process. I hope GNR go into the studio with all new material. Im not a fan of letting songs collect dust and then recording new parts. I feel songs lose there meaning. they lose there heart. CD suffered from this in my opinion. The music really doesnt sound in sync. Great songs on it. Crappy production though. Axl has a kick ass band who seem to be on a roll right now. Talented musicians. Lets see how that chemistry resonates in the studio.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: