Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560783 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9820 on: December 15, 2023, 07:02:47 PM »

Shooter was heavily influenced by Outlaw country and Guns N Roses. He understands the blues/country side of GNR better than anyone (except Izzy maybe?) and would be the perfect producer for a Guns album.

I would love to see what Shooter could do with Slash's weeping guitar solos. Shooter could help highlight and bring to the surface GNR's raw, bluesy, honky tonk Stones side.
Anyway, he would be the perfect producer for a future album.

Or, another great producer would be Dave Cobb. Slash worked with him in the famous RCA Studio A in Nashville. Slash said, "There's something really inspiring about that, because old school country music to me, it's very similar to rock 'n' roll and blues. It's very much a people's music. It's down to earth and it's got a lot of soul."  So it is clear that Slash and Cobb also understand raw, stripped down blues and country music. Cobb has produced many Americana/singer songwriter acts.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2022/03/15/slash-nashville-interview-guns-n-roses-grand-ole-opry-house/6984545001/

It just makes sense that sooner or later GNR will work with a producer like Shooter or Cobb. I think their link to the "spirit" and "soul" of American music in Nashville could make an amazing album. I would love to see them produce "Sailing" as a cover for GNR.

As long as they don't convince Slash to keep his tone as clean as it's been, or even worse, go cleaner...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: