Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559973 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5460 on: September 28, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »

Don't think it's worth mentioning about their source, but Antiquiet said on Monday that there was a new album "finished" without Slash and Duff, although they could easily contribute and bla bla bla. Nothing really new, we all know that Axl has Buckethead and Robin's era material recorded. The key word here is "finished", which is really something obviously uncertain - CD recordings were almost finished by 2006, but the mixing and post-production took a bit more time.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5461 on: September 28, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »

Yeah, not really sure how much stock to put in that.

Marketing would be tricky too.

Hey, a new Guns N' Roses album is coming out now that they are back together!!

Yeah, but this album is not them.  It's the same dudes who's album you didn't buy 8 year ago.

Oh...

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5462 on: September 28, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »

Nothing is technically finished until it is mastered and set for official release. Thus, any and all things in the vault are open for manipulation and changes.  Undecided

Who the fuck knows what will ultimately be released...  Huh

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5463 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »

Yeah, not really sure how much stock to put in that.

Marketing would be tricky too.

Hey, a new Guns N' Roses album is coming out now that they are back together!!

Yeah, but this album is not them.  It's the same dudes who's album you didn't buy 8 year ago.

Oh...

Oh boy, a little down time and you start holding imaginary conversations with yourself again!  hihi

Here is your marketing trick: just say Slash plays on the songs, call it Gnr and NOBODY knows this difference outside of the Gnr forums/insane asylums and the rock critics who are just looking to have a go at Axl for whatever reason.  nervous
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:44:01 PM by sky dog » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5464 on: September 28, 2016, 12:50:50 PM »

Here is your marketing trick: just say Slash plays on the songs, call it Gnr and NOBODY knows this difference outside of the Gnr forums/insane asylums and the rock critics who are just looking to have a go at Axl for whatever reason.  nervous

Oh, they would absoltuely have to lie.  Or, at the very least, commit some sins of omission.

As in, so long as Slash touched up at least one or two solos, you can stick a sticker on he front advertising him.  Once the booklet tells the real tale, who gives a shit?  You already have their money.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5465 on: September 28, 2016, 01:08:29 PM »

Oh, they would absoltuely have to lie.  Or, at the very least, commit some sins of omission.

As in, so long as Slash touched up at least one or two solos, you can stick a sticker on he front advertising him.  Once the booklet tells the real tale, who gives a shit?  You already have their money.

Didn't KISS do the same thing in the late 90s with there Psyco Circus album?  They had a reunion tour going on, released a album with a cool song and video, but it featured none of the returning guys.  hahaa, oh that gean simmons haha
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5466 on: September 28, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »

I would think Slash needs to be on a large majority of the material in some recognizable capacity.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5467 on: September 28, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »

I would think Slash needs to be on a large majority of the material in some recognizable capacity.

Why?

Why not just write new material....

Let what is already recorded stand on its own.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5468 on: September 28, 2016, 02:06:00 PM »

People would just stream it.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5469 on: September 28, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »

Why?

They will always have what was recorded on file. I am sure there are all kinds of alternate takes and mixes of all the material recorded during the Chinese era.

Good luck getting Axl to start from scratch.  ok

He is gonna be too busy working on the AC/DC record!

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5470 on: September 28, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »

I think it's fair (and sane) to say we will not see any official GNR release in the future unless Slash & Duff are on it.  The only way that would happen is if Axl somehow re-releases Chinese Democracy as a proper double album with all the other unreleased track on it.  And I'm not sure how desirable that would even be in wake of the highly successful reunion.

So, my bet is that at some point in their lifetime (assuming they haven't already started) Slash & Duff will add and rework guitar and bass tracks on a good portion of whatever else has already been recorded and that will be the next release.  As for them writing entirely new stuff together, I don't know how realistic that is, given all the unreleased material Axl wants to put out.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #5471 on: September 28, 2016, 04:42:33 PM »

Hahahaha. Booklet. That's cute.
You talking about the CDs that the die-hards are going to buy anyway? Don't think booklets come with the downloaded songs that most people are turning to now.
Not trying to be a dick, but just saying.
GNR is going to be GNR/Slash/Duff to most of the world at this point.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5472 on: September 28, 2016, 04:47:06 PM »

Why?

They will always have what was recorded on file. I am sure there are all kinds of alternate takes and mixes of all the material recorded during the Chinese era.

Good luck getting Axl to start from scratch.  ok

He is gonna be too busy working on the AC/DC record!

I wouldn't want to hear Slash just perform solos on these already written songs

And I wouldn't want him to change the melodies for these already done songs

I would want him to write some material, even if it is just one or two songs and include that with this already completed material.

That would sell.  
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5473 on: September 28, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »

with ya on that...anyhow, it's an open book right now.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5474 on: September 28, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »

Haha. Just throw a sticker on there with slash in his top hat and the caption-

I endorse this record.

Better yet, just use a picture of him and ax hugging for the cover, even if hes not on the album. 

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5475 on: September 29, 2016, 12:17:46 AM »

Haha. Just throw a sticker on there with slash in his top hat and the caption-

I endorse this record.

Better yet, just use a picture of him and ax hugging for the cover, even if hes not on the album. 
Given the speed that Slash )and Duff for that matter) has put out albums in the past as a solo artist, I'd say that he could pretty quickly re=record whats been already done and make it a NITL line-up album
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5476 on: September 29, 2016, 08:53:33 AM »

If Axl is truly married to the songs themselves, I agree, let this band re-record them, wholesale.

Of course, I said the same thing about the DJ/Ron/Frank incarnation, and its not like that happened either.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5477 on: September 29, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »

Remember all the rumours about the re-recorded Appetite? Was there ever any truth in that?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5478 on: September 29, 2016, 09:11:19 AM »

If Axl is truly married to the songs themselves, I agree, let this band re-record them, wholesale.

Of course, I said the same thing about the DJ/Ron/Frank incarnation, and its not like that happened either.

Well I would definitely think that the label would be more than supportive about the band doing literally anything in the studio with Axl, Slash & Duff, be it recording on existing material or the less likely entirely new compositions.  I...don't think Geffen/Interscope were chomping at the bit to get Bumblefoot & DJ in the studio.  I would say that's the big difference this time around.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5479 on: September 29, 2016, 09:50:27 AM »

Well I would definitely think that the label would be more than supportive about the band doing literally anything in the studio with Axl, Slash & Duff, be it recording on existing material or the less likely entirely new compositions.  I...don't think Geffen/Interscope were chomping at the bit to get Bumblefoot & DJ in the studio.  I would say that's the big difference this time around.

I think this is very likely.

Look, the stuff in the vault, it can't all be gold.  I don't know I see the argument that any new album has to be exclusively from those 2001-02 sessions with guys long out of the fold that want nothing to do with Guns N' Roses in any capacity.

But there are likely a few tunes Axl feels very strongly about.  OK.  So bring those to the current band and have them re-record them.  A couple of those tunes, a couple new tunes this band comes up, there's your 10-12 song album.  You have to give the long gone guys some writing credits, but that's just the cost of doing business.

Will ANY of this happen?  I am as highly skeptical as I am about anything that does not involve time travel or world peace. 

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: