Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549015 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6140 on: February 23, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »

I don't doubt there's a new AC/DC album on the way, but I'm be surprised if Brian wasn't on it. I thought it was the live shows he couldn't do anymore, rather than studio recording?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6141 on: February 23, 2017, 07:41:58 PM »

I don't doubt there's a new AC/DC album on the way, but I'm be surprised if Brian wasn't on it. I thought it was the live shows he couldn't do anymore, rather than studio recording?

Angus seems to be a marketing machine these days with all things ac/dc.   I also have zero doubt there will be a new album from this band any time soon

I also think there will be more than one ac/do future tour

Why would a band now record that album with a singer that can't tour with that band and promote it ?  Angus loves to promote and do interviews and shows etc...

It's not touring with a studio guitar hand vs a touring guitar hand.  A voice is a voice

I also think there is a bit of a relationship between Axl and Angus     

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6142 on: February 24, 2017, 05:58:54 AM »

Angus seems to be a marketing machine these days with all things ac/dc.   I also have zero doubt there will be a new album from this band any time soon

I also think there will be more than one ac/do future tour

Why would a band now record that album with a singer that can't tour with that band and promote it ?  Angus loves to promote and do interviews and shows etc...

It's not touring with a studio guitar hand vs a touring guitar hand.  A voice is a voice

I also think there is a bit of a relationship between Axl and Angus     

Would their fans react well to an album with Axl though? I'm not sure they would.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6143 on: February 24, 2017, 08:48:34 AM »

Boys and girls,

I do not think Axl Rose wants to release something related to Guns N 'Roses, unfortunately the reality is this.

We do not know if it's included in the contract signed by Slash and Duff some kind of release.

I prefer not to create false expectations, I do not want to disappoint once more.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6144 on: February 24, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »

So, yes.

BUT, they didn't exactly consult with him when contracting with Axl to finish up the tour, and the reports are he wasn't exactly thrilled with it.

So...I'm not sure whether Brian is able to record with AC/DC is releveant right now.  It seems like he's been shown the door.

AND, if AC/DC wants to be something other than a studio band....it would be awkward, at best, to record lyrics with one lead singer in the studio...and have another singing those lyrics live, when they tour.  Not impossible, but I'm not sure Axl would be on board with it, and I'm not sure Brian would be, either.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6145 on: February 24, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »

You wait for a new record ?

Not in this Lifetime  hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6146 on: April 01, 2017, 05:01:29 PM »

It's been quite the year with the tour, it's so nice to see slash and duff back in the fold.  I do hope that when the tour ends in September, there are plans for a new album.  I would be happy with CD2 or new music from slash and duff.  I guess time will tell but it would be a nice closure for GNR.

Rizzo160
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6147 on: April 02, 2017, 03:54:26 AM »

maybe they'll do a little something for the 10 years of Chinese Democracy.  Lips Sealed

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6148 on: April 03, 2017, 12:35:24 PM »

It's been quite the year with the tour, it's so nice to see slash and duff back in the fold.  I do hope that when the tour ends in September, there are plans for a new album.  I would be happy with CD2 or new music from slash and duff.  I guess time will tell but it would be a nice closure for GNR.

I agree, but now there's murmurs of more touring to come this fall, which unfortunately would leave little time for recording/mixing etc. for the album.  In retrospect, they could be doing that now under the radar, but you would have to think we'd have heard SOMETHING if that was the case.   Undecided
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6149 on: April 03, 2017, 02:18:59 PM »

maybe they'll do a little something for the 10 years of Chinese Democracy.  Lips Sealed

Maybe finally release that 'Better' video that damn Lars Ulrich was holding up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #6150 on: April 06, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »

Angus Young should Produce................if there was a next Guns Record.

I just think it would be pretty cool.

It would be great if we could hear that "classic" sound newly recorded.
It just seems to fit.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6151 on: April 06, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »

I don't think we'll ever get a "entirely new" Guns N' Roses album.  If we get another album, it will likely be largely stuff that Axl already has recorded with input from Slash and Duff.  MAYBE 1 or 2 newly recorded/penned songs, but even that's a long shot in my opinion.

Reason being, getting Slash & Duff in the studio simply to record guitar and bass for existing tracks is something that, for whatever reason, Axl and management have been incapable of arranging for a timely release to coincide with these reunion shows.  What would possibly move heaven and earth to convince Axl to hang out in the studio for 4-6 months to hammer out an entirely new album...with any producer?  Nahgunnahappen.

We'll be lucky to get anything at this point.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6152 on: April 06, 2017, 07:11:32 PM »

I don't think we'll ever get a "entirely new" Guns N' Roses album.  If we get another album, it will likely be largely stuff that Axl already has recorded with input from Slash and Duff.  MAYBE 1 or 2 newly recorded/penned songs, but even that's a long shot in my opinion.

Reason being, getting Slash & Duff in the studio simply to record guitar and bass for existing tracks is something that, for whatever reason, Axl and management have been incapable of arranging for a timely release to coincide with these reunion shows.  What would possibly move heaven and earth to convince Axl to hang out in the studio for 4-6 months to hammer out an entirely new album...with any producer?  Nahgunnahappen.

We'll be lucky to get anything at this point.

What if they decided they wanted the entire band to gel first before going into the studio and forcing a recording of a few forced out songs. Or maybe they all just wanted to start a new chapter and not use any material written with anybodies prior projects. If I recall correctly Slash had material for another Conspirators album. They could have used a couple of those tunes if they really wanted to force out some new material for the tour. Judging by the box office, they had no need to throw out a rushed together song so, hopefully, they decided that they would rather not force the material. We can assume, but we just don't know what's going on in their heads.

I do agree that we'll be lucky to get anything though.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6153 on: April 07, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »

Slash is the king of marketing, a new song after 24 years would be something that everyone wants !!!!!!!!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6154 on: April 07, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »

Slash hasn't said a word since the tour started.....not sure what kind of marketing that is!  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #6155 on: April 07, 2017, 02:48:34 PM »

Of course, but that was an irony.

No one knows what happens behind the scenes, unfortunately I do not believe in new releases

Maybe in the contract of Slash and Duff only has like obligation a tour. It does not make sense for the band to go around the world twice with the same show, as they did between 1991-1993.

Next year CD will be 10 years old, and since then we have nothing but remixes and the leak of the song Going Down with Tommy taking over the vocals.

God, please open Axl Rose's insane mind and reveal new music to us
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6156 on: April 07, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »

Angus Young should Produce................if there was a next Guns Record.

I just think it would be pretty cool.

It would be great if we could hear that "classic" sound newly recorded.
It just seems to fit.

Dear god, no! Angus (and Malcolm) produced their Fly on the Wall album and it was a disaster. If you haven't heard it, go listen to any song from the album and you'll know instantly. And it's a shame because I dig some of the songs on that album and would kill to hear them done justice with proper production.

That does give me a related thought though, they should have Mutt Lange produce the record. He produced Back in Black, and that is, IMO, a benchmark for production quality, even today, 37 years later. It's a great album to test speakers with.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6157 on: April 08, 2017, 07:27:31 AM »

Maybe instead of releasing records, Guns N' Roses can evolve into a social justice organization.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6158 on: April 08, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »

Oh I miss this thread.  Ac pulls of years ago there was still a slight chance and hope for new music
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #6159 on: April 08, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »

Slash hasn't said a word since the tour started.....not sure what kind of marketing that is!  hihi

Actually, Slash IS really good at marketing. Seriously, dude knows how to market himself.....best known guitarist in (and of) this day and age.

That being said, I think it's brilliant that they just tour for over a year (probably 2 years eventually) without ONE single press moment and selling the most tickets for a rock tour. That's GOOD marketing, believe me. Just imagine what will happen when they announce a new single or album and they'll DO INTERVIEWS.....that will be huge and everyone will want a piece of it.

I expect them to release a single before the end of the year and a new album in 2018.....and I think their strategy for it is really good.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: