Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227774 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558340 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6160 on: April 17, 2017, 12:28:33 PM »

For whatever it's worth, Slash was spotted in the studio this week.  The article says we can only speculate as to why...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/out_of_the_blue_slash_spotted_in_the_studio.html
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6161 on: April 17, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »

That's good news, one way or the other.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6162 on: April 17, 2017, 01:57:45 PM »

Looking into this, I guess the guy who snagged the photo with Slash said that he was "just visiting" the studio, not necessarily recording that day. 

Perhaps that's where he'll be doing his recording for the next Guns album?  Seems like an odd place to just visit for the sake of visiting.  Here's hoping they're being proactive about the next album!
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6163 on: April 17, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »

No one said that Slash was recording something for Guns N roses, last year there were rumors that Slash and Duff would have re-recorded some songs for the next GNR album, maybe it's just lies.

I do not believe in a new album.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6164 on: April 17, 2017, 08:14:26 PM »

This tour has been about getting paid.

I think we al thought that, at least on some level.  But in the beginning, it was the combination of both being so giddy were weren't asking too many questions...as well convincing ourselves there would be something down the line that suggested something more.

I think we are still all pretty happy with things.  Know I am.

But yesterday marked the 1 year anniversay of Coachella.  And they have done as much press for this whole enterprise as any of the 3 of us here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6165 on: April 18, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »

Yes, but the tour has been wildly successful despite the lack of interviews, appearances, etc.  Maybe it?s the practical (or lazy) American in me, but why would they do these things?  From their perspective, everything they?ve been doing is right.  Why change it?  Sure, it?d be great to see Axl on Kimmel (Stern would be the best, IMO), but, as many here are quick to point out, if this is all just a cash grab, they are grabbing a ton of it without having to do any of that.  This tour (and this band as it exists now) speaks for itself.  They don?t need to promote it.  I honestly think there?s a better chance of new music before a real interview with Axl and co.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6166 on: April 18, 2017, 10:16:50 AM »

I can't  even begin to care about , analyze, or expect the next GNR album...

I might be in the minority but I have no interest in a GnR titled album featuring Buckethead and Brain and whoever else at this point ....

The time for that is long gone IMO.

I am enjoying this version of the band so much and I will patiently wait for them to make their own music at this point ... if they want to.

15 year old songs would truly be better off released by Axl under a different name than GNR at this point ... again just my opinion.

Pumped for the shows to start back up again !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6167 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:02 AM »

I can't  even begin to care about , analyze, or expect the next GNR album...

I might be in the minority but I have no interest in a GnR titled album featuring Buckethead and Brain and whoever else at this point ....

I am enjoying this version of the band so much and I will patiently wait for them to make their own music at this point ... if they want to.

15 year old songs would truly be better off released by Axl under a different name than GNR at this point ... again just my opinion.

I'll take what I can get.  If it's re-constituted CD songs with Slash and Duff on them, so be it.  I like their contributions to the CD songs that they have played so far (especially Better), so I would assume that any additional contributions would be well received. 

Time wise, it makes sense to put out songs that are already done, but maybe Slash and Duff also want to put out some original tunes too.  Or maybe no one wants to put out any music and it's all just wishful thinking on our part.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #6168 on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »

Tommy Stinson mentioned unreleased songs from before the Chinese era. So there might actually be stuff with Slash and/or Duffs fingerprints on it.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6169 on: April 18, 2017, 11:11:17 AM »

There are 33 Tuesdays left in 2017. Tongue

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6170 on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:35 AM »

I respect your opinion but I don't agree. I never understood this obsession about when the song was written and by who. I mean, come on. Reckless Life technically isn't a GN'R song, it existed before the band existed. Anything Goes, November Rain and so on and so on.... All these were already "old" by the time they were released.

That doesn't take anything away from their quality though.  Smiley

So yeah, doesn't matter who or when it was written. Just like the current band puts their personal touches on the songs they play live, they could do the same on songs for an album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6171 on: April 18, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »

Yes, but the tour has been wildly successful despite the lack of interviews, appearances, etc.  Maybe it?s the practical (or lazy) American in me, but why would they do these things?  From their perspective, everything they?ve been doing is right.  Why change it?  Sure, it?d be great to see Axl on Kimmel (Stern would be the best, IMO), but, as many here are quick to point out, if this is all just a cash grab, they are grabbing a ton of it without having to do any of that.  This tour (and this band as it exists now) speaks for itself.  They don?t need to promote it.  I honestly think there?s a better chance of new music before a real interview with Axl and co.

Oh, impossible to knock.  From a business perspective, they are getting maximum value putting in absolute mimimum effort.  Is that not the dream?

They just rolled out the tour dates and said "see you there!"

Bands would KILL for that set-up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6172 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »

Same here, man.  I MISS MY PERISCOPES!!!

As for some album with the collection of misfit toys line-up, would I listen to it?  Sure.  I'm always going to be down for anything Axl does.

But if 'Chinese Democracy' was a case of a despereate fanbase putting lisptick on pig because there were literally no other options, a second batch of that is now the ultimate curiosity, at best.  And so far removed from being Guns N' Roses, it's not even worth trying to spin or rationalize.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:40:32 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6173 on: April 18, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »

Tommy Stinson mentioned unreleased songs from before the Chinese era. So there might actually be stuff with Slash and/or Duffs fingerprints on it.

Did really come to enjoy 'Going Down', I must admit.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6174 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:52 PM »

I respect your opinion but I don't agree. I never understood this obsession about when the song was written and by who. I mean, come on. Reckless Life technically isn't a GN'R song, it existed before the band existed. Anything Goes, November Rain and so on and so on.... All these were already "old" by the time they were released.

That doesn't take anything away from their quality though.  Smiley

So yeah, doesn't matter who or when it was written. Just like the current band puts their personal touches on the songs they play live, they could do the same on songs for an album.

/jarmo

Understood all around ...

And maybe I wasn't clear ... I'd be happy to have any release from any time period ...

It would just be weird if the next GNR release doesn't prominently feature the current lineup with slash and Duff.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #6175 on: April 18, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »

Did really come to enjoy 'Going Down', I must admit.

Would love to see that released some day.

If the next album features songs with Tommy, Bumble, Bucket or what ever, I would like that. Don't mind a little of both earlier recordings and new ones. Still Guns n' Roses.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6176 on: April 20, 2017, 01:41:16 AM »

Really?  We are actually still talking about the possibllity of new origininal music from this band
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6177 on: April 20, 2017, 06:11:04 AM »

LOL. nothing is coming out anytime soon. deal with it.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6178 on: April 20, 2017, 06:45:22 AM »

LOL. nothing is coming out anytime soon. deal with it.

I've pretty much added 'ever' to that caveat!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6179 on: April 20, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »

Really?  We are actually still talking about the possibllity of new origininal music from this band

Well, this is the Next Album rumor/speculation thread, so yeah. 

Remember when all those crazy fans were wanting/hoping for a reunion with Slash, despite all the evidence to the contrary?  How'd that work out?  Stranger things have happened...
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: