Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558124 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6180 on: April 21, 2017, 02:33:33 AM »

LOL. nothing is coming out anytime soon. deal with it.

I've pretty much added 'ever' to that caveat!
agree, probably. I'd however expect some live stuff, but not until the nostalgia thing starts to fade out, so most probably not during this year.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6181 on: April 21, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »

Really?  We are actually still talking about the possibllity of new origininal music from this band

Well, this is the Next Album rumor/speculation thread, so yeah. 

Remember when all those crazy fans were wanting/hoping for a reunion with Slash, despite all the evidence to the contrary?  How'd that work out?  Stranger things have happened...

This. As unlikely as it may be right now, the prospect of another Guns album is just too cool to resort to the idiocy levels of saying shit like "LULZ you moronz no album iz commmming!!!!".  If Axl can change his mind about working with Slash, anything's possible.

All it takes is a simple change in attitude for it to happen.  And folks, get used to the idea that the vocals Axl recorded during the "Chi Dem" sessions taking up the vast majority of the tracks we get, should this materialize, Slash or no Slash.  Just get used to it.  Chinese went through 3 producers from 99-08, re-recorded a handful of times, yet many of the vocals Axl recorded in 1999-2000 remained on tracks like Chinese, TWAT, IRS, Catcher, Prostitute etc.  Nothing's getting re-recorded simply because Slash & Duff are going to play guitar on it.  And as for newly penned songs? C'mon.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6182 on: April 21, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »

Really?  We are actually still talking about the possibllity of new origininal music from this band

Remember when all those crazy fans were wanting/hoping for a reunion with Slash, despite all the evidence to the contrary?  How'd that work out?  Stranger things have happened...

This. As unlikely as it may be right now, the prospect of another Guns album is just too cool to resort to the idiocy levels of saying shit like "LULZ you moronz no album iz commmming!!!!".  If Axl can change his mind about working with Slash, anything's possible.

All it takes is a simple change in attitude for it to happen.  And folks, get used to the idea that the vocals Axl recorded during the "Chi Dem" sessions taking up the vast majority of the tracks we get, should this materialize, Slash or no Slash.  Just get used to it.  Chinese went through 3 producers from 99-08, re-recorded a handful of times, yet many of the vocals Axl recorded in 1999-2000 remained on tracks like Chinese, TWAT, IRS, Catcher, Prostitute etc.  Nothing's getting re-recorded simply because Slash & Duff are going to play guitar on it.  And as for newly penned songs? C'mon.

Here's what Richard Fortus said in a recent interview with KSHE:

"We are messing with ideas every day. We do at least an hour of soundcheck and we'll play through different ideas, new ideas, put stuff down on tape, yeah. It's really organic and it's the same with rehearsals. We're always putting down different ideas and getting stuff together. Getting ready for that, yeah."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-reunion-with-slash-wasnt-motivated-by-money-says-guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:30:05 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6183 on: April 21, 2017, 01:58:40 PM »

"We are messing with ideas every day. We do at least an hour of soundcheck and we'll play through different ideas, new ideas, put stuff down on tape, yeah. It's really organic and it's the same with rehearsals. We're always putting down different ideas and getting stuff together. Getting ready for that, yeah."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-reunion-with-slash-wasnt-motivated-by-money-says-guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus/

Yeah, well, good luck with that.  I still think the next album is largely, likely all, stuff born during the Chi Dem sessions, vocals and all, with additions from Slash & Duff. That is, of course, if they ever get around to studio time, mixing, mastering etc etc.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6184 on: April 21, 2017, 02:01:07 PM »

not wanna sound like an ass, but various bandmembers keep saying such stuff pretty much since DJ Ashba joined the band (not talking about pre-ChiDem era, where such interviews were an colorit since 2004).

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6185 on: April 21, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »

not wanna sound like an ass, but various bandmembers keep saying such stuff pretty much since DJ Ashba joined the band (not talking about pre-ChiDem era, where such interviews were an colorit since 2004).

They said what they had to say in interviews both to keep things interesting and to save face to a degree.  It would be awfully disheartening if every question regarding the prospect of new music was met with a shrug followed by "I dunno. Talk to Axl." 

It would be doubly so hearing that come from Slash or Duff.  Perhaps it's best they're not doing interviews.  Undecided
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6186 on: April 22, 2017, 01:15:14 AM »

They said what they had to say in interviews both to keep things interesting and to save face to a degree.  It would be awfully disheartening if every question regarding the prospect of new music was met with a shrug followed by "I dunno. Talk to Axl." 

It would be doubly so hearing that come from Slash or Duff.  Perhaps it's best they're not doing interviews.  Undecided

Not to be rude, but how would you know why they gave certain quotes to the media?

I choose to believe actual band members over random fans speculations and assumptions.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6187 on: April 22, 2017, 01:17:22 AM »

Yeah, well, good luck with that.  I still think the next album is largely, likely all, stuff born during the Chi Dem sessions, vocals and all, with additions from Slash & Duff. That is, of course, if they ever get around to studio time, mixing, mastering etc etc.

And?

If it hasn't been released it's new music to me. I enjoyed Chinese Democracy completely so I'd love to hear the rest of the songs.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6188 on: April 22, 2017, 01:21:25 AM »

Usually when people preface a statement with "not wanna sound like an ass, but..."  They are about to sound like an ass.

I will choose to believe band members over random fans' speculation 110% percent of the time and twice on Sundays.  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6189 on: April 22, 2017, 03:40:53 AM »

I don't really think you understand what I'm trying to say, but nevermind Wink
and yes, I guess all of us would love to hear the rest of ChiDem sessions, no doubt on that.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6190 on: April 22, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »

And?

If it hasn't been released it's new music to me. I enjoyed Chinese Democracy completely so I'd love to hear the rest of the songs.

I didn't say I was against those songs being released and/or re-done with Slash and Duff on guitar.  My comment was geared towards those who think an entirely newly penned/recorded album with the current lineup is the only way to go.  I do not think that's realistic, and frankly would be very surprised if even 1 entirely "new" song ends up on the next album other than what Axl already has completed.   And even that's assuming that Axl wants to end the current the new music drought and gets THAT album together.  Other than a few wildly vague comments from Axl over the last few years, we have no real reason to believe we're close to hearing "new" music on any level.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:09:25 PM by sofine11 » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6191 on: April 22, 2017, 02:44:57 PM »

And?

I didn't say I was against those songs being released and/or re-done with Slash and Duff on guitar.  My comment was geared towards those who think an entirely newly penned/recorded album with the current lineup is the only way to go.  I do not think that's realistic, and frankly would be very surprised if even 1 entirely "new" song ends up on the next album other than what Axl already has completed.   And even that's assuming that Axl wants to end the current the new music drought and gets THAT album together.  Other than a few wildly vague comments from Axl over the last few years, we have no real reason to believe we're close to hearing "new" music on any level.

GNR have a pattern of using older songs on Albums, Appetite contained a few Hollywood Rose songs, UYIs included some that were around and weren't used on Appetite- there are some excellent songs in there, so I see no issue in doing the same on the next album, if that is the plan.

Fortus clearly said they are working on new things in rehearsals and soundchecks in the interview with KSHE- so anything is possible, and if I haven't heard a song or a song is unreleased that qualifies as "new" for me.

Who is saying a new album is close now, besides some fans? In the China exchange interview Axl said he had played a few songs for Slash and Duff, but I haven't heard him mention when a new album would be released. He mentioned it in the Revolver interview, but didn't give a specific timeframe- and the situation has changed a bit since 2014.  Wink
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:53:17 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6192 on: April 22, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »

I don't really think you understand what I'm trying to say, but nevermind Wink
and yes, I guess all of us would love to hear the rest of ChiDem sessions, no doubt on that.

I understood what you typed, reading comprehension isn't a problem area for me. Like I said, I will believe band members over fan speculation every time.

"Shut the fuck up."
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6193 on: April 22, 2017, 06:21:31 PM »

Marshall tweeted a pic of Slash in the studio:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_gnr_slash_is_recording_something_in_the_studio.html

I think anything is possible if Axl could reunite with Slash. I'd expect a mix of CD2 and new tracks.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6194 on: April 22, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »

Marshall tweeted a pic of Slash in the studio:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_gnr_slash_is_recording_something_in_the_studio.html

I think anything is possible if Axl could reunite with Slash. I'd expect a mix of CD2 and new tracks.

Shocked

Sweet Jesus please let this mean he's recording for GNR....
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6195 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:20 AM »

Have we figured out what Slash is doing in the studio yet?  Can't believe we're not talking about this more...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6196 on: April 24, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »

Have we figured out what Slash is doing in the studio yet?  Can't believe we're not talking about this more...

We've been burned before!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6197 on: April 25, 2017, 03:30:31 AM »

Wake up fuckers, when he's not touring he can be in the studio everyday.

All of them have their own home studios right, these days they don't have to go out to get their music recorded and certainly don't have to be in one together...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6198 on: April 25, 2017, 06:59:36 AM »

Wake up fuckers, when he's not touring he can be in the studio everyday.

All of them have their own home studios right, these days they don't have to go out to get their music recorded and certainly don't have to be in one together...

It does have the look of a home studio to it yeah.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #6199 on: April 25, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »

Whatever happened
To "Stay of Execution"?
Any thoughts on this?

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: