Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559327 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6200 on: April 25, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »

Marshall tweeted a pic of Slash in the studio:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_gnr_slash_is_recording_something_in_the_studio.html

I think anything is possible if Axl could reunite with Slash. I'd expect a mix of CD2 and new tracks.

Sounds good to me. No sense in letting good songs go to waste, and I'd be interested in hearing Slash trade solos with Robin and/or Buckethead.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6201 on: April 25, 2017, 04:17:24 PM »

Man, if Slash really is recording for the next Guns record and finishes before the next leg starts, all that may be left is mixing and mastering.  Hypothetically, that could mean we could see an album by the fall, or certainly by early next year depending on what Duff and co. need to record.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6202 on: April 25, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »

Man, if Slash really is recording for the next Guns record and finishes before the next leg starts, all that may be left is mixing and mastering.  Hypothetically, that could mean we could see an album by the fall, or certainly by early next year depending on what Duff and co. need to record.

Pump those brakes...

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6203 on: April 25, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »

By 'and co' I assume you're including Axl?

I admire your optimism, but do you REALLY think they are at the mixing and mastering stage of a new album?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6204 on: April 25, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »

I love all the half glass full/empty people on this board. Someone posts a pic of slash in a studio the half full people say hey it might mean something the empty ones say woooo slow down probably nothing. I know everyone looks at things based on past experience with this band but I know for a fact nobody thought Axl, Slash & Duff would share a stage again. Why not just let things play out and see what happens eventually we will have an answer when the touring stops people will either go their separate ways or an album of some sort will come out its one or the other.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6205 on: April 25, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »

I admire your optimism, but do you REALLY think they are at the mixing and mastering stage of a new album?!

I was speaking hypothetically.  As in, if hypothetically, all Slash is going to do for the next album is record guitar parts for pre-existing tracks, then yeah all that would be left is mixing and mastering.  We all know up until the reunion was finalized, Axl had another album more or less ready to go that for whatever reason he didn't put out. As recently as 2014 he was still very interested in putting it out. If, like it or not, Slash is doing something similar (hopefully more extensive) than what Bumblefoot did for Chinese Democracy in 06/07, it wouldn't take very long to finalize things following said studio sessions. Same for Duff.

And as far as Axl goes, if the idea is to release the second half of Chinese (whatever it ends up being called) with additions from Slash and Duff, I don't see Axl doing much, if any, additional vocal recording for the album.  I imagine what he's already recorded is going to stay firmly in place.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:59:17 PM by sofine11 » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6206 on: April 26, 2017, 06:08:48 AM »

I was speaking hypothetically.  As in, if hypothetically, all Slash is going to do for the next album is record guitar parts for pre-existing tracks, then yeah all that would be left is mixing and mastering.  We all know up until the reunion was finalized, Axl had another album more or less ready to go that for whatever reason he didn't put out. As recently as 2014 he was still very interested in putting it out. If, like it or not, Slash is doing something similar (hopefully more extensive) than what Bumblefoot did for Chinese Democracy in 06/07, it wouldn't take very long to finalize things following said studio sessions. Same for Duff.

And as far as Axl goes, if the idea is to release the second half of Chinese (whatever it ends up being called) with additions from Slash and Duff, I don't see Axl doing much, if any, additional vocal recording for the album.  I imagine what he's already recorded is going to stay firmly in place.

Ah ok, I get you. I'd love to hear that- I'd love to hear any of the Chinese sessions really, even earlier versions of what was eventually released. As early as the beginning of next year though? I can't see it happening that fast, if at all.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #6207 on: April 26, 2017, 10:31:56 AM »

Imagine... Maybe NOT Exist Disc

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6208 on: April 26, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »

Huh
Thanks Yoda.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6209 on: April 26, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »

Pump those brakes...

Hey, it's better than the ghost hand...
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #6210 on: April 26, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »

The way I see it, I think of any new release that may or may not come as a bonus.  I'd love it to happen, but I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist if it doesn't.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6211 on: April 26, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »

Id be happy with a live album/DVD of this tour.

If we end up getting new music  drool

But I doubt either one will happen.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6212 on: April 26, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »

Id be happy with a live album/DVD of this tour.

If we end up getting new music  drool

But I doubt either one will happen.

Agree that, at the end of the day, any release from GNR is a pie in the sky wish for fans.  Though for any other band, both a dvd of the tour and subsequent album would be a no-brainer.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6213 on: April 27, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »

Huh
Thanks Yoda.
you've just made my day rofl thank you! Grin

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6214 on: April 28, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »

Marshall tweeted a pic of Slash in the studio:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_gnr_slash_is_recording_something_in_the_studio.html

I think anything is possible if Axl could reunite with Slash. I'd expect a mix of CD2 and new tracks.

Shocked

Sweet Jesus please let this mean he's recording for GNR....

This interview with Mark Tremonti is fairly recent and might be related to the studio pictures.  ok

https://youtu.be/i2s_sdTwkc4

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6215 on: April 28, 2017, 10:21:05 PM »

Here's my take which is only my opinion and will likely be flamed and hated, but it is what it is.

I think Slash and Duff signed a contract to do a certain amount of shows and/or length of time. I do not believe that "the original band" is back on a permanent basis, is recording new music, or has any intention of recording new music, whether it be CD2 or completely new music. I have no evidence other than a complete lack of interviews or indication from anyone that a real band exists that will put out new music in the future. It's just my opinion.

I believe that when the contract term expires the relevant parties will go their own ways, at least for now. They've made their money and done their thing. It will continue for a while longer. They might reunite in the future, who can say? For now, Slash in the studio to me means that he is gearing up for a new album with his band that will be released to tour with Myles and Conspirators without an undue delay. He likes to put out new music every 2-3 years.

I do not in any way think that Slash in the studio necessarily portends a new GNR album. If that were the case one would think there would be some rumors or something, but instead there is complete silence. As we know, complete silence from GNR camp is hard to maintain. So there's now smoke and no fire.

I expect people to pick apart my words but it's what I think. Flame away. I don' really care if people agree or not, it's not going to change what I think.

Bottom line: Enjoy the retrospective tour while you can. I have tickets for Denver August 2nd.  Can't wait to return to Denver and see my favorite band again.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6216 on: April 29, 2017, 06:39:05 AM »

Here's my take which is only my opinion and will likely be flamed and hated, but it is what it is.

I think Slash and Duff signed a contract to do a certain amount of shows and/or length of time. I do not believe that "the original band" is back on a permanent basis, is recording new music, or has any intention of recording new music, whether it be CD2 or completely new music. I have no evidence other than a complete lack of interviews or indication from anyone that a real band exists that will put out new music in the future. It's just my opinion.

I believe that when the contract term expires the relevant parties will go their own ways, at least for now. They've made their money and done their thing. It will continue for a while longer. They might reunite in the future, who can say? For now, Slash in the studio to me means that he is gearing up for a new album with his band that will be released to tour with Myles and Conspirators without an undue delay. He likes to put out new music every 2-3 years.

I do not in any way think that Slash in the studio necessarily portends a new GNR album. If that were the case one would think there would be some rumors or something, but instead there is complete silence. As we know, complete silence from GNR camp is hard to maintain. So there's now smoke and no fire.

I expect people to pick apart my words but it's what I think. Flame away. I don' really care if people agree or not, it's not going to change what I think.

Bottom line: Enjoy the retrospective tour while you can. I have tickets for Denver August 2nd.  Can't wait to return to Denver and see my favorite band again.

I don't think too many people are going to pick that view apart on here- it's what a lot of us think. Certainly is what I think.

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #6217 on: April 29, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »

I don't think too many people are going to pick that view apart on here- it's what a lot of us think. Certainly is what I think.
I
Agree 100%. Well said

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #6218 on: April 29, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »

I
Agree 100%. Well said

I can't say that what you're saying is untrue since I don't know anything. However, I do 'feel' that this reunion is not just 'going through the motions'. As some of you might remember, 'Guns N Roses the business' never stopped existing. I don't remember the company name, but Axl, Slash and Duff have been in a business entity together for the last 25 years or so (regarding publishing rights and other TM (art, logo's etc.). Even when they weren't on speaking terms, they were still in business. Adding only touring to that doesn't make sense.

My 2cts is that they all wanted to see how they 'gel' over a longer period of time first (so touring a lot) before they commit to anything in the studio. We must remember that all of them are musicians by heart and want to create too. They know their pitfalls and strengths by now, so they know how to go about it. All of them want to release new Guns music, I believe. I also think they are very well experienced in the music business and thus know that whatever they will release will have to be of superb quality. So they will take their time. But I simply don't believe they will not want to release another record that will shut everyone the fuck up. They're the best and ONLY rock band out there that could release a rock n roll record that could make an impact. So they won't rush it.

I don't know why Slash is in the studio right now. Maybe something completely different than Guns. But I really do believe we will get another Guns record created by this current line up. It's too good (the line up) to not put something out. They will.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6219 on: April 29, 2017, 06:29:46 PM »

I concur with Freddie.

I like this approach of no interviews from a business standpoint. You saw what happened when Axl and Duff sat down or even when Axl did the China Exchange. Why ruin it? Everyone will analyze it to death much like the picture of Slash in the studio. 

My gut feeling is that there will be a new Guns N' Roses album in the future. They would actually be foolish not to do it considering how the chemistry is going on this tour.  Furthermore, they kinda have the upper hand in having a new record contract since they have made a lot of money off of the tour.

Just a little Patience  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: