Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1559742 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #6380 on: May 16, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »

Slash came up with the main riff in Chinese Democracy.

No... Josh Freese wrote that.

"You were part of Guns N? Roses during what has now become the infamous Chinese Democracy debacle...
One of my favorite strange feathers in my cap that I have is that whenever I walk into a room of people and they?re talking about [whispers] Chinese Democracy, just this whole debacle of a record that took 100 years to make and cost a million dollars?I?ll walk into a room full of people and go, ?What are you guys talking about?? They go, ?Chinese Democracy,? and I raise my hand and go, ?I wrote ?Chinese Democracy,?? because I wrote the music to the song. I didn?t write anything else on the album. I wrote a couple other things that didn?t make it on the album. When I left, there were still another seven or eight years before the album came out. But it always makes me laugh. It?s not like I wrote Track 10 or something; I wrote ?Chinese Democracy.? Some people told me I shouldn?t brag about that. Actually, I like that song. And it?s not just because I wrote it; it?s because it?s a really dumb, simple, dirty guitar riff. It?s cool. I think it?s one of the better ones on that record."

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/josh-freese-interview
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6381 on: May 17, 2017, 02:52:52 AM »

Yea, everybody thinking Slash wrote it because he happened to play a similar procession of chords while improvising back in 1988 are out of their minds. Besides the fact that, as Freese says, it's dumb and simple anyway. A tween could have wrote that riff and I bet 100 other people out there actually did come up with a riff just like that at some point.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6382 on: May 17, 2017, 09:07:18 AM »

It WAS a dumb, simple dirty guitar riff.

As a tight 3 minute rocker like we got at RIR III, it's a great song.  I still listen to that version all the time. 

Hardly ever listen to the overcomplicated and neutered album version.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #6383 on: May 17, 2017, 09:21:32 AM »

So Josh Freese wrote the guitar intro and probably the drums for the song, but I wonder if that's it or not. Smiley

Oh, and I don't think we need to really put it in discussion whether Slash REALLY wrote the intro or not. Here's my instagram post again:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMZH20g3Fu/

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6384 on: May 18, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »

We've now got an "I sure hope so" regarding new material from Fortus. in his latest interview.

Perhaps the clearest indication yet regarding where we stand with any new material?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #6385 on: May 18, 2017, 10:48:53 PM »

I think were sooner to get Rose staying as lead singer of AC/DC and doing new music with Agnus as the rumor mill goes. That Rose seems more excited with that prospect of becoming the guy with AC/DC and doing an album there. Which is sad for Johnson but the talk is Agnus was pretty fired up over how Rose gave the band a new energy its not had in a while.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6386 on: May 19, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »

We've now got an "I sure hope so" regarding new material from Fortus. in his latest interview.

Perhaps the clearest indication yet regarding where we stand with any new material?

Yes - we stand nowhere. Nothing is being done and even current members have nothing to go on but blind hope that someday something might happen.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6387 on: May 19, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »

Yes - we stand nowhere. Nothing is being done and even current members have nothing to go on but blind hope that someday something might happen.

Correct.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6388 on: May 19, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »

Is this the thread where we try to just expect nothing?

So, Fortus avoid talking about this obvious delicate matter and suddenly this means "nothing is being done"? It didn't change anything. He isn't the one who would break the news.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:08:59 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6389 on: May 19, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »

Is this the thread where we try to just expect nothing?

So, Fortus avoid talking about this obvious delicate matter and suddenly this means "nothing is being done"? It didn't change anything. He isn't the one who would break the news.

It's a totally different stance to usual though (the "we've working on new material all the time" line we're very familiar with).

This doesn't leave anything to question- the members of the band are in the same position as us.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6390 on: May 19, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »

I also chuckled at the use of your term "delicate matter".

GNR must be the only band in the world to whom new material is a "delicate matter". Most bands would love to be asked about new stuff and to have people actually want to hear it!

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6391 on: May 19, 2017, 01:24:11 PM »

GNR must be the only band in the world to whom new material is a "delicate matter". Most bands would love to be asked about new stuff and to have people actually want to hear it!

Bingo.  The fact that new music is almost regarded almost as a "taboo" subject in the world of GNR is so bizarre.  Even when that Brazilian journalist asked Axl about it last summer, you could literally see Axl's demeanor change and his guard slightly go up.  Would love to know where he *really* stands on the matter presently.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6392 on: May 19, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »

I am good with Billy Joel covers! hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6393 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:14 PM »

I don't disagree with you. I also think it's rather bizarre and highly unnecessary. But it is what it is.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6394 on: May 20, 2017, 07:15:09 AM »

I don't disagree with you. I also think it's rather bizarre and highly unnecessary. But it is what it is.

Very true!

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6395 on: May 20, 2017, 02:10:35 PM »

today, I was driving my car, listening to UYI and ChiDem and I got a bizarre idea - what if the next album is just ChiDem re-recorded by the current lineup, no bonus tracks or other changes, just the same tracklist re-recorded. that would be quite a high level of trolling hihi

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6396 on: May 20, 2017, 02:17:19 PM »

today, I was driving my car, listening to UYI and ChiDem and I got a bizarre idea - what if the next album is just ChiDem re-recorded by the current lineup, no bonus tracks or other changes, just the same tracklist re-recorded. that would be quite a high level of trolling hihi

At this stage in the game I'd take it. Genuinely.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6397 on: May 20, 2017, 02:38:26 PM »

At this stage in the game I'd take it. Genuinely.

Hahaha. Not wrong!  hihi
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6398 on: May 21, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »

I hear that was the audition for Slash and Duff.  Wink

It WAS a dumb, simple dirty guitar riff.

As a tight 3 minute rocker like we got at RIR III, it's a great song.  I still listen to that version all the time. 

Hardly ever listen to the overcomplicated and neutered album version.

I don't get these kind of comments. What exactly was "overcomplicated" about the album version? In fact, I hear a few keyboard parts that didn't make the final version. Hardly anything was even different, as far as I can tell.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #6399 on: May 22, 2017, 07:41:17 AM »

I don't get these kind of comments. What exactly was "overcomplicated" about the album version? In fact, I hear a few keyboard parts that didn't make the final version. Hardly anything was even different, as far as I can tell.

Not even the minute or so long intro before we hear the first riff on the album's title track for what is afterall, nothing more than a four minute (barely) long song?

It's almost like we are being trolled about how long a new GNR album of original songs took to make and how little original material we got during that time...

Same goes for the defensive guard that goes up every time Axl is asked openly about new material...

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: