Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549023 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6400 on: May 22, 2017, 08:38:41 AM »

I also think that the intro part is completely killing the title track. it is okay to listen to, but it should have been a separate track, not integral part of the song.
I also prefer the 2006 leaked demo, which sounds more raw and punchy, compared to the later leaks and album version.
not trying to say I hate the additional Bumblefoot guitar licks (nice ones) or Frank's drumming (honestly I don't care who plays drums... I can't hear much difference either).
it just feels different, and the 2007+ versions sound a bit polished and the original power of the 2006 demo is buried under new layers, a bit.
on the other hand, if I remember correctly, the 2006 version suffers from "loudness war" and the mastering is better at newer versions, which is of course a good thing.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6401 on: May 22, 2017, 10:11:31 AM »

I didn't mind Chinese Democracy intro. But I agree, it should be a separate track.

There's no problem in being a layred and complex (not in structural terms). If the mix is good, nobody would mind. The biggest problem is because people KNOW how the band sound like before and KNOW how many guitar players and drummers and keyboards are on the track so they judge because of that. Speakin only about the sound itself, IMO the biggest problem is the lack of punch. The sub-bass alone could not help in this case because the mix and the sound are not as warm or loose as the AFD, for example.

Andy Wallace's mix sounded much better in my opinion. And I don't like the lack of consistency with the guitars - Bumblefoot can be heard on the right and left speaker througout the album, even switching sides on Chinese Democracy. Makes it even harder to identify the guitar player and the sound signature of the band.

on the other hand, if I remember correctly, the 2006 version suffers from "loudness war" and the mastering is better at newer versions, which is of course a good thing.
The 2006 versions were just demos, not mastered. Probably because the person who recorded the original CD and transcoded to mp3 did a shitty job (of course, I don't know what the guy had to do).

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6402 on: May 23, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »

I'd love to hear a Chinese Democracy...Naked as they've done it for Let It Be

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6403 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

Good Ideia, just nude !
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #6404 on: May 23, 2017, 04:33:22 PM »

Maybe they will be announcing a new album on the 25th. Is that too much to ask?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6405 on: May 23, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »

Yes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6406 on: May 23, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »

I also think that the intro part is completely killing the title track. it is okay to listen to, but it should have been a separate track, not integral part of the song.
I also prefer the 2006 leaked demo, which sounds more raw and punchy, compared to the later leaks and album version.
not trying to say I hate the additional Bumblefoot guitar licks (nice ones) or Frank's drumming (honestly I don't care who plays drums... I can't hear much difference either).
it just feels different, and the 2007+ versions sound a bit polished and the original power of the 2006 demo is buried under new layers, a bit.

I mean, OF COURSE it's more polished, it's a finalized album you're comparing to a demo... the other points are fair enough though.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #6407 on: May 23, 2017, 11:40:11 PM »

I hope tomorrows news is of some sort or release.  Drop a fucking single or b-side already. 

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6408 on: May 23, 2017, 11:46:32 PM »

We kind of got that already.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6409 on: May 24, 2017, 06:33:19 AM »

did I miss something?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6410 on: May 24, 2017, 07:27:29 AM »

did I miss something?

I think he means the earlier demo/mix leaks
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6411 on: May 24, 2017, 07:59:51 AM »

I'd shit myself if that happened.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6412 on: May 24, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »

If they were to drop an album tomorrow, it means a few things happened.  You tell me how likely all this is.

SCENARIO #1 :

They started touring again in April 2016, but we know they were in conversation long before that, as much as a year prior.  And it was during that time, they got together, found that spark again, and started working on stuff.  They did so without even knowing if the proposed tour, a year later, would even work.  Or if they would quickly rediscover why they all stopped talking to each other in the first place. 

All of this goes on with zero word leaking out.

SCENARIO #2 :

They were so energized by the tour last year, they couldn't wait to get back in the studio.  Once they waited out Axl fufilling his AC/DC commitments, they headed to the studio and got to work and banged it out. 

All of this goes on with zero word leaking out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #6413 on: May 24, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »

If I were to bet on what this announcement will be, it'd be that there will be a new BluRay of the Troubador Show, or another show (wasn't one of the Mexico shows professionally filmed?). And a little documentary on how the band got reunited again.

I also think new tour dates will be announced (NA Arena Tour) and that will be it.

I really wouldn't hold my breath for a new album announcement. That's the kind of thing that would've leaked by now.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:37:03 AM by Eduardo » Logged
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6414 on: May 24, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »

Whatever this announcement is I can't imagine it would be for another tour. After this European leg of the tour they will have toured the world and I don't think they would continue the same type of tour unless it coincided with a possible album release of some kind. The only way I could see if it is a tour announcement was if it was a retirement tour but that would go against the whole promo of this is just the beginning.

survey time if they announced that they were to release a single song would that satisfy everyone's appetite?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6415 on: May 24, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »

Whatever this announcement is I can't imagine it would be for another tour. After this European leg of the tour they will have toured the world and I don't think they would continue the same type of tour unless it coincided with a possible album release of some kind. The only way I could see if it is a tour announcement was if it was a retirement tour but that would go against the whole promo of this is just the beginning.

survey time if they announced that they were to release a single song would that satisfy everyone's appetite?

For me, for now? Yup.

As long as the implication is there is an album, which that single will reside on, down the road , with "soon" being the word (like by next spring).

And I think you could double the importance of that single if you hang it off an anniversary release of AFD for the 30th. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6416 on: May 24, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »

For me, for now? Yup.

As long as the implication is there is an album, which that single will reside on, down the road , with "soon" being the word (like by next spring).

And I think you could double the importance of that single if you hang it off an anniversary release of AFD for the 30th. Smiley

The goodwill that would be bought by dropping a single tomorrow would be immeasurable.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6417 on: May 24, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »

It's going to be fucking bedlam if it turns out to be the announcement of a new shows.

People on certain forums are going to give GNR such a bloody kicking. Hopes are running WAY too high with all this.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:19:31 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6418 on: May 24, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »

Would be cool if it was a full on chonease democracy reunion anouncment

With all those previous band members that wrote the material returning and playing new shows with new unreleased music

I really hope it isn't more shows with this current line up playing the same songs
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6419 on: May 24, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »

That too. Oh My Good was such a false start for me back in 1999.

did I miss something?

I think he means the earlier demo/mix leaks
Yep

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: