Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1560848 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #6600 on: June 06, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »

An interesting argument regarding Axl's happy place of mind, is that he rants less and less. Back in the late 80's, early 90's we have all those rants, all that urge to talk to the crowd, tu put his thoughts and his views of injustice, out in the open. As years gone by, we see less of that state of mind, and in the last year and a half we have seen what seems to be someone more in peace with himself. That's great, and I am truly happy for him. But does that affect something? We can look at Trent Reznor, and how his writing changed from when he was a rebel, to nowadays when he is in peace with himself. Still genius in what he does, but a different kind of attitude.

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6601 on: June 06, 2017, 08:46:49 PM »

An interesting argument regarding Axl's happy place of mind, is that he rants less and less. Back in the late 80's, early 90's we have all those rants, all that urge to talk to the crowd, tu put his thoughts and his views of injustice, out in the open. As years gone by, we see less of that state of mind, and in the last year and a half we have seen what seems to be someone more in peace with himself. That's great, and I am truly happy for him. But does that affect something? We can look at Trent Reznor, and how his writing changed from when he was a rebel, to nowadays when he is in peace with himself. Still genius in what he does, but a different kind of attitude.

Trent just released three eps today btw.  So what ever works for him keep it coming!

With Axls old rants there was a lot less social media around and cell phones etc    Ranting at a crowd was his only public voice at the time

The guy could have private tweet wcooubts and Facebook accounts or go off on huge cell phone group message rants for all I know   All where not around just 15 years ago

He is also 50.  And is getting into gramps age.  So either the rants will start up again complaining about the youth.  Or they are gone for good
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #6602 on: June 06, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »

Trent just released three eps today btw.  So what ever works for him keep it coming!

With Axls old rants there was a lot less social media around and cell phones etc    Ranting at a crowd was his only public voice at the time

The guy could have private tweet wcooubts and Facebook accounts or go off on huge cell phone group message rants for all I know   All where not around just 15 years ago

He is also 50.  And is getting into gramps age.  So either the rants will start up again complaining about the youth.  Or they are gone for good

Yep. That's what I meant. He is a different man now. And beside that, he seems pretty ok about his life. I would love to see what he writes about nowadays, because his lyrics were always full of meaning.

About Trent, yep, keep the new music coming!!!  Grin

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6603 on: June 07, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »

Axl was also just an angry young man.

An already angry guy having to deal with pressure of being probably the biggest rock star of his era for a little while there, and it happened super quickly.  I don't know any of us can say how we'd handle that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6604 on: June 07, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »

I have never written a song nor will i probably ever.  I'd like to hear from anyone in this community if you have ever written a song and how long it actually took to put it together. Not to mention from a musician stand point you think about how do i want this song to sound to these words. People complain how its this many years since said album came out if it was so easy everyone would do it. When i actually think about it i think its actually unfair to criticize Axl its his music who are we to say we need/want new music. Maybe he had a different sound in mind for the band before Slash & Duff came back. When I listen to any GNR Album whether its AFD, UYI or Chinese Democracy i don't hear any other band that has their sound thats the problem with Rock music today too many bands with the same sound and don't stand out. Would i love for GNR to have a catalog of the likes of Metallica, Ozzy, U2, or Bruce where you have a ton of albums to listen to of course. But ill take however many albums GNR releases because i know they are going to be different from anything else out there for better or worse.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:48:31 PM by GNR4LIFEJD » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6605 on: June 07, 2017, 11:42:04 PM »

I have never written a song nor will i probably ever.  I'd like to hear from anyone in this community if you have ever written a song and how long it actually took to put it together. Not to mention from a musician stand point you think about how do i want this song to sound to these words. People complain how its this many years since said album came out if it was so easy everyone would do it. When i actually think about it i think its actually unfair to criticize Axl its his music who are we to say we need/want new music. Maybe he had a different sound in mind for the band before Slash & Duff came back. When I listen to any GNR Album whether its AFD, UYI or Chinese Democracy i don't hear any other band that has their sound thats the problem with Rock music today too many bands with the same sound and don't stand out. Would i love for GNR to have a catalog of the likes of Metallica, Ozzy, U2, or Bruce where you have a ton of albums to listen to of course. But ill take however many albums GNR releases because i know they are going to be different from anything else out there for better or worse.

Hmm, while Ive never recorded professionally, good songs don't have a specific timing.
 Ive written songs that I consider to be good in almost the amount of time it took to sing them. Because I just took the guitar, found a cool chord progression, I had something to sing about, improvised they lyrics, and the song came out almost instantly. That's the high of writing songs because you feel free while doing that.

Ive also written songs where I wanted everything to be perfect and I added tons of instruments, I think the longest took me about 2-3 weeks..but I also thought  there was always something I could've done better or added something... so its not like its always finished and perfect...so I can understand spending more than 2-3 weeks in doing something...I also understand overdoing something and ultimately not being happy with it and feeling like no matter how much time I spend on a song something is always off.  So what I end up doing is just picking the songs Im more satisfied with, it can be a simple song with just vocals and guitar or tons of tracks, they just have to feel right.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6606 on: June 14, 2017, 04:12:47 AM »

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as they say. If we had 3 discs of CD material we'd all be making our own perfect album out of it, our own playlists, debating, discovering, rediscovering. Leave it stuck in a vault though, that's useful.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6607 on: June 14, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, as they say. If we had 3 discs of CD material we'd all be making our own perfect album out of it, our own playlists, debating, discovering, rediscovering. Leave it stuck in a vault though, that's useful.

I think most of the disappointment in CD is mostly that, just one album. A lot of people don't like a few songs off of UYI, 2 but because there's always a songs you do like most are happy with them.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6608 on: June 15, 2017, 07:30:07 AM »

It's at the artists discretion to release material though, unless there is an agreement with the signed label concerning frequency or amount of new material.

Given as fans don't have a full picture of the label situation, or any of the actual existing conditions, it is a little unrealistic to discuss logically and factually the reasons for lack of more releases.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6609 on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »

It's at the artists discretion to release material though, unless there is an agreement with the signed label concerning frequency or amount of new material.

Given as fans don't have a full picture of the label situation, or any of the actual existing conditions, it is a little unrealistic to discuss logically and factually the reasons for lack of more releases.

Hence the point of a speculation thread...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6610 on: June 15, 2017, 10:47:30 AM »

Last month's "big announcement" tease which turned out to be just another tour leg really took the wind out my sails when it comes to my hope for new music.  I'm pretty much done speculating/discussing it at this point.  I guess it'll simply be real when it's real.  Such a bummer and yet another missed opportunity for GNR to do something truly great.  The money is in touring, and touring is likely all they'll do.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6611 on: June 15, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »

Last month's "big announcement" tease which turned out to be just another tour leg really took the wind out my sails when it comes to my hope for new music.  I'm pretty much done speculating/discussing it at this point.  I guess it'll simply be real when it's real.  Such a bummer and yet another missed opportunity for GNR to do something truly great.  The money is in touring, and touring is likely all they'll do.

Yeah, there?s always a big event or something around the corner where it makes all the sense in the world to release new music or announce a new album.  Next up will be July 21.  Don?t hold your breath. 

Richard?s recent interview does not move the meter at all for me.  Not even Axl?s words could at this point (is he still very seriously looking at what to do in that regard?).  Believe it when I hear it.  That?s it.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6612 on: June 15, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »

Yeah, there?s always a big event or something around the corner where it makes all the sense in the world to release new music or announce a new album.  Next up will be July 21.  Don?t hold your breath. 

Richard?s recent interview does not move the meter at all for me.  Not even Axl?s words could at this point (is he still very seriously looking at what to do in that regard?).  Believe it when I hear it.  That?s it.

I'm just not quite sure why anybody would have thought something was coming in the near future...

What evidence would have pointed to it?

Forget that we know Axl's history with releasing music and the alleged complicated relationship with the label...the fact is that Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things in sorting through all those songs... we really don't even know if the 2 of them have any interest in reworking those songs or if Axl has any interest in doing anything from scratch.

So... let everybody enjoy this magical run first... and then maybe?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #6613 on: June 15, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »

I'm just not quite sure why anybody would have thought something was coming in the near future...

Forget that we know Axl's history with releasing music and the alleged complicated relationship with the label...the fact is that Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things in sorting through all those songs... we really don't even know if the 2 of them have any interest in reworking those songs or if Axl has any interest in doing anything from scratch.

I don't think Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things at all...you think the (alleged) hold up by the label still exists now that Slash and Duff are back and they're selling out stadiums???  Any record company would literally fall over themselves trying to release something (you know, strike while the iron is hot and all).  I don't understand the notion that touring and new music are two separates worlds that can't collide.  Many, many bands release new music and then tour.  ACDC and Metallica are two recent examples.  Not sure why it's a foreign concept when it comes to GnR.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6614 on: June 15, 2017, 12:55:38 PM »

So in your words

Let everyone enjoy this run and then maybe.......

How many more people have to see this act before.....

How many more your legs does this current act have to make before.....

They are switching to arenas in a couple of months, toured the world, played multiple shows in countries

In your words.  Who else ?

I think it's all about you on your mind.  When you have finally had enough you will realize what an act this all is

When they play tmobile in Vegas again for the 3third time in a year and half and the act is exactly the same.  I really hope people start to wake up

RwLly the only way to get new music out of this band is to stop supporting what they are doing now
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6615 on: June 15, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »

I don't think Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things at all...you think the (alleged) hold up by the label still exists now that Slash and Duff are back and they're selling out stadiums???  Any record company would literally fall over themselves trying to release something (you know, strike while the iron is hot and all).  I don't understand the notion that touring and new music are two separates worlds that can't collide.  Many, many bands release new music and then tour.  ACDC and Metallica are two recent examples.  Not sure why it's a foreign concept when it comes to GnR.

It complicates things in that they had nothing to do with the songs everybody here has been begging Axl to release for how many years now.

and just a hunch.. I doubt Slash would be thrilled about Axl releasing those songs now..

Look we all know that bands can do both at one time (tour and record)... but how long have you followed this band? and yet some of you guys bang ur heads against the wall in this thread on a daily basis...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6616 on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:07 PM »

It complicates things in that they had nothing to do with the songs everybody here has been begging Axl to release for how many years now.

and just a hunch.. I doubt Slash would be thrilled about Axl releasing those songs now..

Look we all know that bands can do both at one time (tour and record)... but how long have you followed this band? and yet some of you guys bang ur heads against the wall in this thread on a daily basis...

Yep and some are just happy with whatever this band does

You don't just have to record while on tour btw. This band has been on many breaks in the past year and a half   Plenty of time to record a song

Honesty I don't know what Slash would be happy or not happy about

For all I know he wouldn't care less about what gets released as long as he gets paid

Perhaps a detailed interview would be nice
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6617 on: June 15, 2017, 02:17:41 PM »

You are quoting from the 2014 Revolver magazine article, are you not aware that a "few" things have changed since then?

Plans can be affected when life changes, you learn to roll with the punches.

Do you think GNR is unaware of the July 21st anniversary?

https://instagram.com/p/BVW78YYjeyo/

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6618 on: June 15, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »

Really the only way to get new music out of this band is to stop supporting what they are doing now

That was a much easier sell when it was just Axl and a bunch of dudes.

Not sure how realistic it is to see a reunion, even a quasi one, that people spent 20 years thinking would never happen...and then pick NOW, to tell people to fold their arms and stomp their feet.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6619 on: June 15, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »

Do you think GNR is unaware of the July 21st anniversary?

https://instagram.com/p/BVW78YYjeyo/
as much as they were aware of every single previous anniversary.

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: