Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549054 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6640 on: June 15, 2017, 07:05:47 PM »

Last month's "big announcement" tease which turned out to be just another tour leg really took the wind out my sails when it comes to my hope for new music.  I'm pretty much done speculating/discussing it at this point.  I guess it'll simply be real when it's real.  Such a bummer and yet another missed opportunity for GNR to do something truly great.  The money is in touring, and touring is likely all they'll do.

Yeah, there?s always a big event or something around the corner where it makes all the sense in the world to release new music or announce a new album.  Next up will be July 21.  Don?t hold your breath. 

Richard?s recent interview does not move the meter at all for me.  Not even Axl?s words could at this point (is he still very seriously looking at what to do in that regard?).  Believe it when I hear it.  That?s it.

I'm just not quite sure why anybody would have thought something was coming in the near future...

What evidence would have pointed to it?

Forget that we know Axl's history with releasing music and the alleged complicated relationship with the label...the fact is that Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things in sorting through all those songs... we really don't even know if the 2 of them have any interest in reworking those songs or if Axl has any interest in doing anything from scratch.

So... let everybody enjoy this magical run first... and then maybe?

I don't think Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things at all...you think the (alleged) hold up by the label still exists now that Slash and Duff are back and they're selling out stadiums???  Any record company would literally fall over themselves trying to release something (you know, strike while the iron is hot and all).  I don't understand the notion that touring and new music are two separates worlds that can't collide.  Many, many bands release new music and then tour.  ACDC and Metallica are two recent examples.  Not sure why it's a foreign concept when it comes to GnR.

It complicates things in that they had nothing to do with the songs everybody here has been begging Axl to release for how many years now.

and just a hunch.. I doubt Slash would be thrilled about Axl releasing those songs now..

Look we all know that bands can do both at one time (tour and record)... but how long have you followed this band? and yet some of you guys bang ur heads against the wall in this thread on a daily basis...

I've followed the band forever.  I totally get how they operate.  I find it humorous the lengths people will go to rationalize why new music is not getting released.  It has nothing to do with touring, or finding studio time, or label interference, or record company contract...issues, btw, that every other band has to deal with.  It starts and stops with Axl, and, to a lesser extent, Slash and Duff now that they're back.  Why people won't admit that, and instead create excuse after excuse (you don't know the facts or the terms of their record deal, blah, blah blah) is beyond me.  I'm not expecting or demanding new music...I just understand why we don't have any.

Bottom line:  if Axl wants it to happen, it will happen.  

What makes you think Slash or duff have any say in gnr releasing new music

For all I know.  They are hired touring members paid a bunch of money to play a bunch of shows.   And that's that
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6641 on: June 15, 2017, 07:06:59 PM »

Hey baconman look at billy joel he hasnt made an album in forever and he sells out MSG all the time and can sell out anywhere playing the same material and why? Because people love the music.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6642 on: June 15, 2017, 07:14:42 PM »

Hey baconman look at billy joel he hasnt made an album in forever and he sells out MSG all the time and can sell out anywhere playing the same material and why? Because people love the music.

He has how many albums out?  Each one has hits

Guns n roses has a pitiful amount of original music released during its time.   Mind you tons of the songs rock.  But then they compensate with lack of material by playing cover songs .   

Billy Joel is great   But what are we compairing gnr to other artists now?  I havnt once done that as it's a easy argument   

Yes gnr release as many albums as billy Joel.  Then just play all the hits off all those albums.  And do what ever you want   Also do as many interviews as billy and be as open as him and I would be very happy

Or don't

Do zero interviews

Release a handful of original music

And tour
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6643 on: June 15, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »

Do you think GNR is unaware of the July 21st anniversary?

https://instagram.com/p/BVW78YYjeyo/
as much as they were aware of every single previous anniversary.

Lol- That was a rhetorical question.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6644 on: June 15, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »

Last month's "big announcement" tease which turned out to be just another tour leg really took the wind out my sails when it comes to my hope for new music.  I'm pretty much done speculating/discussing it at this point.  I guess it'll simply be real when it's real.  Such a bummer and yet another missed opportunity for GNR to do something truly great.  The money is in touring, and touring is likely all they'll do.

Yeah, there?s always a big event or something around the corner where it makes all the sense in the world to release new music or announce a new album.  Next up will be July 21.  Don?t hold your breath. 

Richard?s recent interview does not move the meter at all for me.  Not even Axl?s words could at this point (is he still very seriously looking at what to do in that regard?).  Believe it when I hear it.  That?s it.

I'm just not quite sure why anybody would have thought something was coming in the near future...

What evidence would have pointed to it?

Forget that we know Axl's history with releasing music and the alleged complicated relationship with the label...the fact is that Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things in sorting through all those songs... we really don't even know if the 2 of them have any interest in reworking those songs or if Axl has any interest in doing anything from scratch.

So... let everybody enjoy this magical run first... and then maybe?

I don't think Slash and Duff rejoining complicates things at all...you think the (alleged) hold up by the label still exists now that Slash and Duff are back and they're selling out stadiums???  Any record company would literally fall over themselves trying to release something (you know, strike while the iron is hot and all).  I don't understand the notion that touring and new music are two separates worlds that can't collide.  Many, many bands release new music and then tour.  ACDC and Metallica are two recent examples.  Not sure why it's a foreign concept when it comes to GnR.

It complicates things in that they had nothing to do with the songs everybody here has been begging Axl to release for how many years now.

and just a hunch.. I doubt Slash would be thrilled about Axl releasing those songs now..

Look we all know that bands can do both at one time (tour and record)... but how long have you followed this band? and yet some of you guys bang ur heads against the wall in this thread on a daily basis...

I've followed the band forever.  I totally get how they operate.  I find it humorous the lengths people will go to rationalize why new music is not getting released.  It has nothing to do with touring, or finding studio time, or label interference, or record company contract...issues, btw, that every other band has to deal with.  It starts and stops with Axl, and, to a lesser extent, Slash and Duff now that they're back.  Why people won't admit that, and instead create excuse after excuse (you don't know the facts or the terms of their record deal, blah, blah blah) is beyond me.  I'm not expecting or demanding new music...I just understand why we don't have any.

Bottom line:  if Axl wants it to happen, it will happen.  

Oh, well Mr. Know-it-all, since you are privy to all the details with the label and are magically aware of all the extenuating issues and circumstances why not enlighten the unwashed masses?

It's not an "excuse" that people don't have all the details, it's a fact.

Bottom line: you are speculating and presenting that as fact.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6645 on: June 15, 2017, 11:16:49 PM »

Guns n roses has a pitiful amount of original music released during its time.   Mind you tons of the songs rock.  But then they compensate with lack of material by playing cover songs .   

Billy Joel is great   But what are we compairing gnr to other artists now?  I havnt once done that as it's a easy argument   

Yes gnr release as many albums as billy Joel.  Then just play all the hits off all those albums.  And do what ever you want   Also do as many interviews as billy and be as open as him and I would be very happy

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

That's a bunch of BS. Just last week you asked for someone to name another band/artist that plays as many covers as GNR. That sounds like a comparison to me. It's natural to do, but don't blatantly lie about never doing so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6646 on: June 15, 2017, 11:21:03 PM »

Oh, well Mr. Know-it-all, since you are privy to all the details with the label and are magically aware of all the extenuating issues and circumstances why not enlighten the unwashed masses?

Axl can't be bothered.

Some choose to dance around it, but at the end of the day, that's what you got.  It's just nowhere near a priority for him and hasn't been for decade, at least.

Now, maybe that changes going foward.  I would tend to bet against it, but Slash and Duff at least presents a new variable. 

Nothing was ever coming out out of that Magical Mystery Vault were it just Axl left to his own devices.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6647 on: June 15, 2017, 11:57:38 PM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

That's a bunch of BS. Just last week you asked for someone to name another band/artist that plays as many covers as GNR. That sounds like a comparison to me. It's natural to do, but don't blatantly lie about never doing so.

I speaks my in the circle note that of this conversion.  The one you just jumped into.

However if you want to compaire guns n roses to billy Joel have at it

Just don't pick to choose what you like best that have in common

Guns n roses Harley's has any original music for a band that has been around as long as them.  Or even ones half the time

The difference zero interviews

Have a very weak selfs tihere n of official live concerts

Play repetitive setlists durring multi city engagements

Hey I like the song Night train just as much as Everyone else  but can we get something new In there please
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6648 on: June 16, 2017, 05:36:14 AM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

I speaks my in the circle note that of this conversion.  The one you just jumped into.

Guns n roses Harley's has any original music for a band that has been around as long as them.  Or even ones half the time

Hey I like the song Night train just as much as Everyone else  but can we get something new In there please

Still not sure why you're a fan these days. Seems to be everything they do you dislike.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6649 on: June 16, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

Still not sure why you're a fan these days. Seems to be everything they do you dislike.

What exactly do they do?

I have seen there current show and liked it

Have they done something else I am missing?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6650 on: June 16, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

What exactly do they do?

They're on tour. It might amaze you to know that the tour continued after the show you were at. Hard as it is to believe.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6651 on: June 16, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

What exactly do they do?

They're on tour. It might amaze you to know that the tour continued after the show you were at. Hard as it is to believe.

They are on what leg of this tour and its been going on for how long now?

How many breaks have they had and for how long?

I am saying this because you said I sure don't sound like I am a fan of what this band is currently doing ?!?!?

Ummm.  How many times do I have to say I really liked the show, as a one off....

Sounds to me I am more not a fan of what they are not doing
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6652 on: June 16, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

What exactly do they do?

I am saying this because you said I sure don't sound like I am a fan of what this band is currently doing ?!?!?

Ummm.  How many times do I have to say I really liked the show, as a one off....

So someone that saw the tour a while before you who went on and on and on in the same way you do, would be OK doing that? Telling you your standards 'as a fan' were low, etc etc would be cool with you, yeah? Because they've seen the tour 'as a one of' now. So it's their right to tell everyone who sees it after that they're not a proper fan?  How about someone that watched the rehearsals, before they even did a show? Ok for them to say how it's so 'boring' now they're doing the songs on a tour?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6653 on: June 16, 2017, 12:59:11 PM »

Or don't

Do zero interviews

And tour

What exactly do they do?

So someone that saw the tour a while before you who went on and on and on in the same way you do, would be OK doing that? Telling you your standards 'as a fan' were low, etc etc would be cool with you, yeah? Because they've seen the tour 'as a one of' now. So it's their right to tell everyone who sees it after that they're not a proper fan?  How about someone that watched the rehearsals, before they even did a show? Ok for them to say how it's so 'boring' now they're doing the songs on a tour?

Yeah I think my standards are very high

Yeah I think this act is great as a one off

Yeah I think it's horrible that the band tours areas that they have just toured and not freshened up the act

Yeah I expect a lot more from a band than just a tour

Guess you don't
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6654 on: June 16, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »

My standards are so low that I'm excited by a chance to watch my favourite band live.

I really should pick my act up. I feel ashamed of myself.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6655 on: June 16, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »

So then.....  on with the next record speculation then....

What comes first

A new United States president

Or

A New gnr album??
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #6656 on: June 16, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »

Sure hope for a new president first....and a new GnR album before World Cup in Russia  Cool

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6657 on: June 16, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »

Axl can't be bothered.

Some choose to dance around it, but at the end of the day, that's what you got.  It's just nowhere near a priority for him and hasn't been for decade, at least.

Now, maybe that changes going foward.  I would tend to bet against it, but Slash and Duff at least presents a new variable. 

Nothing was ever coming out out of that Magical Mystery Vault were it just Axl left to his own devices.

I honestly don't think you have enough valid and credible information to state that.

More random fan speculation.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6658 on: June 16, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »

Sure hope for a new president first....and a new GnR album before World Cup in Russia  Cool

Could be 7 years for a new president.  It may be close....
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #6659 on: June 16, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »

The point of my billy joel comparison is that he can do the same tour over and over again and its no coincedence that Axl who just happened to perform with billy joel sees you can make the money just playing the hits. Im not saying people should be happy about that if they want to hear new material but its a very distinct possibility that touring with this current band is what axl wants to do and do it for as long as he can. When people stop showing up thats when things may change but Billy hasn't had too.

Look at U2 they haven't had a good album in a very long time but people go to see the hits they don't care about the recent stuff nothing stands out from those albums.

Look at Journey their current lead singer has been with them for a very long time I couldn't name you one song journey has come out with that wasn't Steve Perry sung but people go to the shows for the Steve Perry Era songs.

Again I would love new GNR music just as much as anyone in this community the issue I have is that you just shoot down whatever they do if its not what you want. Why you have such a problem with touring regardless of setlist what are you going to do if they aren't doing anything at all you will complain. 
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: