Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548932 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6680 on: June 19, 2017, 02:05:46 AM »

Quantity over quality is always bad.
sure, but zero quantity doesn't implicate infinite quality, if you know what I mean Wink

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6681 on: June 19, 2017, 03:54:35 AM »

sure, but zero quantity doesn't implicate infinite quality, if you know what I mean Wink

Sure I know and I get the point. But if a band can't stand behind an album, they should not release one. It's way better than releasing an album for the sake of it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6682 on: June 19, 2017, 04:07:39 AM »

Sure I know and I get the point. But if a band can't stand behind an album, they should not release one. It's way better than releasing an album for the sake of it.
good point. but also, on the other hand, it's hard to stand behind an album, when all casuals and most fans don't care about anything new, want only the old hits and actually hate anything new.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6683 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:37 AM »

good point. but also, on the other hand, it's hard to stand behind an album, when all casuals and most fans don't care about anything new, want only the old hits and actually hate anything new.

Well that is true to some extent, but that's not only GN'R who's facing that problem, and no matter how many albums they would have released in the past would change it. The saddest thing is that some fans don't want bands to develop from their original style; "CD sucks because it doesn't sound like AFD" etc.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
zombux
Legend

« Reply #6684 on: June 19, 2017, 06:02:38 AM »

and that's the irony. if they recorded "AFD2", they would be criticised for no innovations. maybe I understand one reason why they Axl doesn't like releasing anything - no matter what he does, he'll still be bitched at.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6685 on: June 19, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »

So we are talking about a band that had been around since the mid 80s that has 4 origninal albums worth of material out   

These new fans that don't get into new music?!?  Who are they?

Gnr fans?  Or are we talking about other bands fans?

Well for other bands fans.  Bands that have been around for 30 years   I would say all have more than 4 albums worth of original music   People have said quality over quantity and that most bands albums stink and most albums only have 1 hit on them

Awesome.   If guns had 6 more albums out and only one hit per albums I would call tha a huge win!!   And if they toured hits just off these now 10 albums of original music.  That would be fantastic

To say fans of gnr are not fans of the bands new music is a complete cop out. 

This band hasn't released any original music in almost 10 years and it was roughly 13 years before that album came out that the fans got to hear a new album

Fans havnt been able to have the chance to choose if they like new music from this band or not   
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #6686 on: June 19, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »

So we are talking about a band that had been around since the mid 80s that has 4 origninal albums worth of material out   

These new fans that don't get into new music?!?  Who are they?

Gnr fans?  Or are we talking about other bands fans?

Well for other bands fans.  Bands that have been around for 30 years   I would say all have more than 4 albums worth of original music   People have said quality over quantity and that most bands albums stink and most albums only have 1 hit on them

Awesome.   If guns had 6 more albums out and only one hit per albums I would call tha a huge win!!   And if they toured hits just off these now 10 albums of original music.  That would be fantastic

To say fans of gnr are not fans of the bands new music is a complete cop out. 

This band hasn't released any original music in almost 10 years and it was roughly 13 years before that album came out that the fans got to hear a new album

Fans havnt been able to have the chance to choose if they like new music from this band or not   

Hey..that was well put.
You were clear on your reasons;
Not repetitive.

This is, I believe,
Your best-explained post ever.
Still, I disagree.

The "reunion" shows
Have been MAD profitable...
Nothing else matters.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6687 on: June 19, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

With everything being debated, I think its pretty safe to say that they have at least thought about it ever since they reunited.  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6688 on: June 19, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

Over to the band really. It's all about whether they have the urge to create.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6689 on: June 19, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »

Thats some great isnsite there

Axl is the only one that has the say to release any future original music under the gnr name.  His track record when he has had full power like this has been one album in 20 years.   Doesn't look like we are getting one

Slash and Duff have released tons of original music over those same 20 years

So the question is.   Will they be fine just touring to this very limited selection of music forever or will there creative routes sprout and they leave to do something of there own

But they used to love the media and communicating with fans as well though and that has stopped

I am feeling money talks with them now and we will just get this and nothing more

Eventually slash and duff will leave and go back to there music and interviews

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6690 on: June 19, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »

Thats some great isnsite there

Axl is the only one that has the say to release any future original music under the gnr name.  His track record when he has had full power like this has been one album in 20 years.   Doesn't look like we are getting one

Slash and Duff have released tons of original music over those same 20 years

So the question is.   Will they be fine just touring to this very limited selection of music forever or will there creative routes sprout and they leave to do something of there own

But they used to love the media and communicating with fans as well though and that has stopped

I am feeling money talks with them now and we will just get this and nothing more

Eventually slash and duff will leave and go back to there music and interviews

Give it a rest.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6691 on: June 19, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »

They're on tour. It might amaze you to know that the tour continued after the show you were at. Hard as it is to believe.

I don't think it's his intention, but it comes across that way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6692 on: June 19, 2017, 05:00:55 PM »

So then.....  on with the next record speculation then....

What comes first

A new United States president

Or

A New gnr album??

New U.S. President, easily.

There will be another U.S. President in our lifetimes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6693 on: June 19, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »

Oh, well Mr. Know-it-all, since you are privy to all the details with the label and are magically aware of all the extenuating issues and circumstances why not enlighten the unwashed masses?

Axl can't be bothered.

Some choose to dance around it, but at the end of the day, that's what you got.  It's just nowhere near a priority for him and hasn't been for decade, at least.

Now, maybe that changes going foward.  I would tend to bet against it, but Slash and Duff at least presents a new variable. 

Nothing was ever coming out out of that Magical Mystery Vault were it just Axl left to his own devices.

I honestly don't think you have enough valid and credible information to state that.

More random fan speculation.  Roll Eyes

Oh, perish the thought.  Is this a court of law?

I have 10 years of inaction backing me up.  You have "hey, never know".

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6694 on: June 19, 2017, 05:04:19 PM »

They're on tour. It might amaze you to know that the tour continued after the show you were at. Hard as it is to believe.

Think it's probably more transparent this end too. As it's one venue per country the excitement level remains high for each show. Each show is a big deal.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6695 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:09 PM »

It's like a lot fans have really given up hope for new material from this band

Why have you not?  You have lived this for a decade plus, like all of us.

What more do you need to see?  It's like you just landed here from another planet.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6696 on: June 19, 2017, 05:07:54 PM »

What more do you need to see?  It's like you just landed here from another planet.

Tell you what would really give him a break down? A covers album.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6697 on: June 19, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »

Hahahahaha

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6698 on: June 19, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »

Think it's probably more transparent this end too. As it's one venue per country the excitement level remains high for each show. Each show is a big deal.

I will be really interested to see the excitement level for the band when they return back to North America.  Again

Let's. It even mention these stadium shows that are in markets that are very very close to ones they played last year

The arena shows are in exact markets.   The Vegas show will be interesting

Not in this life time!  Well we played here twice last year back to back.  And we are back!! Not in this life time times 3.  Who wants to hear some night train!!  And now it's my Michael !!  
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6699 on: June 19, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »

I think the majority of the board has given up honestly.

Just 3 years ago the daily tragic and topics in here was crazy. 

Now all you get is the locals to where this traveling show is.  Talking about how excited they are

And that's it

Before it was.  Oh the bands on the break. Sometimes we don't just have to talking about something just because   Now well then and is only on a break from everything else a band does.  Excuse touring
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: