Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558210 times)
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #6740 on: June 21, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »

I understand that Axl's songwriting days are behind him, but why is it that they cannot even mange to put out a box set of archival material.
So many wasted opportunities.

Anything the classic band we did has already been heard.  There are no unearthed gems waiting to be released.

With the revolving door of rando replacement band line-ups...can you even imagine how complicated that would be deciding who gets paid for what?

Not even to mention you are talking about a version of the band that is 3 line-ups ago, and never connected with the general public to begin with.
No, I'm talking about an Appetite box set with the Troubadour and Marquee '87 shows, stuff from the Rumbo tapes, etc.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6741 on: June 21, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »

I understand that Axl's songwriting days are behind him, but why is it that they cannot even mange to put out a box set of archival material.

Anything the classic band we did has already been heard.  There are no unearthed gems waiting to be released.

With the revolving door of rando replacement band line-ups...can you even imagine how complicated that would be deciding who gets paid for what?

Not even to mention you are talking about a version of the band that is 3 line-ups ago, and never connected with the general public to begin with.
No, I'm talking about an Appetite box set with the Troubadour and Marquee '87 shows, stuff from the Rumbo tapes, etc.

So you want to hear the same songs over and over again?  Not me

Here is sweet child of mine.   He is the demo.  Here it is played at a club.   Here it is at a arena   Here it is at a stadium.   Here is a remix here is Sheryl crows take on it.   Let's listen to bucket head play it.   Let's listen to DJ ashba play it.  Let's listen to Ron play it.   Oh slash is back. Let's hear him play it. 

Ugh

I could go the rest of my life and never hear some of these songs again and I would be happy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6742 on: June 22, 2017, 03:00:17 AM »

Nobody would be forcing you to listen.

Just like no one is forcing you to go to the shows to hear Mr. Brownstone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6743 on: June 22, 2017, 04:27:47 AM »

Here is sweet child of mine.   He is the demo.  Here it is played at a club.   Here it is at a arena   Here it is at a stadium.   Here is a remix here is Sheryl crows take on it.   Let's listen to bucket head play it.   Let's listen to DJ ashba play it.  Let's listen to Ron play it.   Oh slash is back. Let's hear him play it. 

Ugh

I could go the rest of my life and never hear some of these songs again and I would be happy

WTF is wrong with you man? Seriously, enjoy the fucking moment. You seem to shit in every fucking thread around. I bet even if they release new music you'll be the first one saying it's shitty. For fuck sake...

"...It don't really matter..."
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6744 on: June 22, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »

I don't even see why this thread is kept open. 338 pages of bullshit and we're none the wiser. It reminds me of the time I tried to read a Dan Brown novel.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6745 on: June 22, 2017, 09:24:19 AM »

Ugh

WTF is wrong with you man? Seriously, enjoy the fucking moment. You seem to shit in every fucking thread around. I bet even if they release new music you'll be the first one saying it's shitty. For fuck sake...

Am I missing something here? 

What is this moment I am supposed to enjoy? 

I am in western Canada and this band is in Europe touring.   What am I supposed to enjoy?

I have seen this show live once and this band is coming back to my local markets to play shows again in a couple of months.  Am I supposed to be enjoying this moment?   I have already seen this show

What is this moment I am supposed to be enjoing? And how? 

Watch these shows online?  Nah once was enough

Keep up to date with the bands stories and interviews.  Nah there isn't

Speculate about the bands future.  Nope that's fround apon. 

Please tell me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6746 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »

Just go sit in your corner and talk to yourself about all your grievances with the band. Saves the rest of us from having to look at the drivel day in and day out. Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6747 on: June 22, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »

Freedom of speech and opinion and all that, but you must see how monumentally boring it is for everyone else when you say the same stuff day in and day out?! It's draining. Maybe give gnr a break if you're so sick of them? Go and listen to some other bands, see their concerts etc. It ain't healthy for you being on here all the time. Most of us come on here because we enjoy it. It can't be any fun for you.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6748 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »

Freedom of speech and opinion and all that, but you must see how monumentally boring it is for everyone else when you say the same stuff day in and day out?! It's draining. Maybe give gnr a break if you're so sick of them? Go and listen to some other bands, see their concerts etc. It ain't healthy for you being on here all the time. Most of us come on here because we enjoy it. It can't be any fun for you.

Guy who is sick of GNR playing the same things everyday, gets called out for saying the same things everyday.

Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6749 on: June 22, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »

Guy who is sick of GNR playing the same things everyday, gets called out for saying the same things everyday.

Hahahaha

Fair point here, Bacon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6750 on: June 22, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »

I don't even see why this thread is kept open. 338 pages of bullshit and we're none the wiser. It reminds me of the time I tried to read a Dan Brown novel.

I disagree.  This thread is basically a catch all.  Beats having 10 different ones, I think.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #6751 on: June 22, 2017, 11:18:45 AM »

Didn't Axl himself say that Slash and Duff were interested in recording some material that Axl had been working on. I'm sure they'll start recording something when this tour finishes. Maybe Christmas/new year. I'm really enjoying listening to the Chinese Democracy songs now. It would be great to hear some new material with these guys working together.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #6752 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:51 PM »

Anyone who complains about what has happened to Guns N Roses needs a new band. 

The Guns concerts are incredible.  What they do at 50-55 years old is not normal. 

We always want more...But in the end, Axl, Slash, and Duff + company are giving most a dream ride of nostalgia and at the highest level!

LOVE GNR

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #6753 on: June 22, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »

Nope, I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. But I gave up. If you point it out he just starts whining some more about the exact same thing he's been whining about for at least a year now.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6754 on: June 23, 2017, 05:41:03 AM »

Nope, I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. But I gave up. If you point it out he just starts whining some more about the exact same thing he's been whining about for at least a year now.

This was the exact reason for my previous post. Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
Appetitefordemocracy
Opening Act

« Reply #6755 on: June 23, 2017, 06:43:15 AM »

Moderators: Any chance of keeping tabs on this topic so it is actually about what the title says and not Bacon complaing?
For freedom of speech and people interested, maybe we could create 'Bacon's moaning diary' or something like that...
It's just a bit annoying when you come on to this topic thinking there may be something new and all you get is 🥓 ✌️
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6756 on: June 23, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »

Why not just lock it until there's some news? There is currently no news. There has been no news for a long time. All that ever happens is once every 6 months or so a band member says "Gee a new record would be swell" as far as I can see. When there's something a little more solid than that, there's something worth talking about. Until then it's an endless cycle of people being frustrated and pissed that there's only been one real album in 26 years, people who are able to just enjoy the live shows, and both sides bitching at each other. Who cares? Can't we all just take a deep breath and realise that given that Halle's Comet comes around more often than a new Guns N' Roses album, chances are there won't be one but if someday there is, great?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6757 on: June 23, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »

I'm not sure whether locking this thread is the way to go, however, I will say it's continued existence is a bit of a bummer.  9 years and hundreds pages worth of speculation and banter that's lead us to absolutely zilch in regard to new GNR music. 

I'm glad things are going well on the touring front from the band, but damn I was sure hoping to hold another Guns album in my hands by this point. Now more than ever it seems so far away.  Ironic since things are going crazy well financially for this tour.  Sad that one has to replace the other nowadays. Damn sad.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6758 on: June 26, 2017, 11:44:14 AM »

Hahahaha

Fair point here, Bacon.

haha yes that was pretty fair.

I did take 5 days off this site and.....

The only real posts have been about me.  Really tough to keep up with all the going ons in the world of GNR...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6759 on: June 26, 2017, 12:17:00 PM »

I'm not sure whether locking this thread is the way to go, however, I will say it's continued existence is a bit of a bummer.  9 years and hundreds pages worth of speculation and banter that's lead us to absolutely zilch in regard to new GNR music. 

I'm glad things are going well on the touring front from the band, but damn I was sure hoping to hold another Guns album in my hands by this point. Now more than ever it seems so far away.  Ironic since things are going crazy well financially for this tour.  Sad that one has to replace the other nowadays. Damn sad.

No point in locking it- it's easy to ignore one 'catch all' thread, if it's not what someone wants to read about. It is quite strange looking at the first post however, and as you say, nothing has happened on the new album front. Plenty of other changes though!

Really though- we'll just continue speculating, whatever! Here's to the next 9 years!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: