Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1558834 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6800 on: August 08, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »

Th Replacements could not do it and Paul and Tommy tried......same deal.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6801 on: August 15, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »

'Down by the Ocean' was randomly mentioned in an interview ages ago. A user called Firefly confirmed it's existence on the alt.gnr group years ago, and said it was a song written by Izzy.

I was at the news group Smiley  was pissed off when everybody started moving to forums Sad

Anyways the title was mentioned by Izzy in an interview. He said that all had called him to ask if he can use the music they worked on together in the late 90s. He said the song was called Down by the ocean" or something like that, so the title may not be correct

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #6802 on: August 16, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »

https://www.alternativenation.net/listen-guns-n-roses-rehearse-new-music/

Has anyone seen this? Apparently during the rehearsal with his son on drums they were playing something new. Slash's gf posted video but no audio and said it's new music and we have to wait to hear.

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6803 on: August 16, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »

Has anyone seen this? Apparently during the rehearsal with his son on drums they were playing something new. Slash's gf posted video but no audio and said it's new music and we have to wait to hear.

if true that's great news. Didnt particularly like it, but there's no vocals.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6804 on: August 16, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »

I'm not sure that's new GNR music- it sounds more to be like a bit of a jam, messing about. Maybe something his son is doing. Not sure they would they be playing new music at a soundcheck with fans outside and one of their son's on drums! 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:47:24 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6805 on: August 16, 2017, 09:46:21 PM »

I'm not sure that's new GNR music- it sounds more to be like a bit of a jam, messing about. Maybe something his son is doing. Not sure they would they be playing new music at a soundcheck with fans outside and one of their son's on drums! 

Sounds like Jet - Cold Hard Bitch  hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6806 on: August 17, 2017, 01:11:53 PM »

About 90% sure thats not GnR music.  I agree with another poster: Sounds like Jets Cold Hard Bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iay9gyLNdBw

To add: It's his son playing...I'm assuming they were goofing around and playing something he knew how to play....not something "new" from GnR.

though, yes, it's a good sign Slash's girlfriend is talking about new music!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:22:51 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #6807 on: August 17, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »

I'd take everything she says with a grain of salt, she's a teaser
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6808 on: August 18, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »

Definitely not the chords to Cold Hard Bitch, IDK where you guys are getting that.

Just seems like a simple jamming chord progression. Maybe a song his son wrote? No fucking way Slash would write something that simple for GNR.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6809 on: August 18, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »

Unfortunately I can't see another GnR album seems like this was a touring only reunion whether it lasts beyond this year is debatable,Axl and Slash are  polar opposites about what constitutes GnR,Axl wants the big epic OTT grandiose sound with full orchestra a cross between Elton John and Queen ,Slash on the other hand wants  straight forward Rock, big guitars sounds similar to Zeppelin and Aerosmith well that ultimately led to the split in the first place whether the two will compromise is another question ,Slash said when Izzy left he found it hard to deal with Axl in the studio as Izzy acted as a mediator between the two.As for Axl going back to Acdc that may never happen as the last tour was just fulfilling a contractual agreement that they couldn't get out of ,with their bassist Cliff Williams the latest one to leave their future as a band doesn't look too promising.

I think those musical differences have very much softened, and were overblown to begin with. Chinese Democracy had rockers like IRS and Slash has done orchestral stuff (Gotten has a bunch of violins, a cello and an organ on it).

Also, Angus has made it pretty clear he isn't done yet. Whether he continues as AC/DC or not, who knows, but the man still enjoys playing and writing, and he very clearly loved Axl's performance with them.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6810 on: August 19, 2017, 06:55:51 AM »

Unfortunately I can't see another GnR album seems like this was a touring only reunion whether it lasts beyond this year is debatable,Axl and Slash are  polar opposites about what constitutes GnR,Axl wants the big epic OTT grandiose sound with full orchestra a cross between Elton John and Queen ,Slash on the other hand wants  straight forward Rock, big guitars sounds similar to Zeppelin and Aerosmith well that ultimately led to the split in the first place whether the two will compromise is another question ,Slash said when Izzy left he found it hard to deal with Axl in the studio as Izzy acted as a mediator between the two.As for Axl going back to Acdc that may never happen as the last tour was just fulfilling a contractual agreement that they couldn't get out of ,with their bassist Cliff Williams the latest one to leave their future as a band doesn't look too promising.

I think those musical differences have very much softened, and were overblown to begin with. Chinese Democracy had rockers like IRS and Slash has done orchestral stuff (Gotten has a bunch of violins, a cello and an organ on it).

Also, Angus has made it pretty clear he isn't done yet. Whether he continues as AC/DC or not, who knows, but the man still enjoys playing and writing, and he very clearly loved Axl's performance with them.
...and we know slash likes CD. He said that even before things thawed.

I like acdc to a degree, but i would see an album with them as a bit of a waste of axls talent. Acdc have very little prifression at all over their career. You could argue they've been making the same album over and over for years. As i say, they're fun to a degree but are also simple stuff. Good luck to them but i really would like to see axl pushing the gnr side.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:00:42 AM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6811 on: August 19, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »

I like acdc to a degree, but i would see an album with them as a bit of a waste of axls talent. Acdc have very little prifression at all over their career. You could argue they've been making the same album over and over for years. As i say, they're fun to a degree but are also simple stuff. Good luck to them but i really would like to see axl pushing the gnr side.

Same here, except I think you are underestimating Axl actually, Ac/dc is cool without Axl, with him it becomes magical. I never liked thunderstruck, but the way axls sings it, I love that song and would love to have a soundboard of those concerts.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6812 on: August 20, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »

Same here, except I think you are underestimating Axl actually, Ac/dc is cool without Axl, with him it becomes magical. I never liked thunderstruck, but the way axls sings it, I love that song and would love to have a soundboard of those concerts.

You're probably right there. I've only seen them live once, because of axl, and the show was insane, but not really able to make a fair comparison myself. 

SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #6813 on: August 24, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »

Id love it if they would record Dead Flowers if they do a new album.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6814 on: August 24, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »

You're probably right there. I've only seen them live once, because of axl, and the show was insane, but not really able to make a fair comparison myself. 

I've seen AC/DC four times. The fourth time was with  Axl. Out of the three AC/DC shows that I have seen with Brian, I would say that the second show in 2009 at the old Giants Stadium was his best performance. In 2015, I saw AC/DC at MetLife Stadium. Brian  was good, but not as good as the previous two times that  I saw AC/DC. To me, it just seemed like  Brian was mailing it in.  As a result, I was actually planning not to attend the original date for the Madison Square Garden show.

When Axl replaced Brian, I decided to buy a ticket for myself for the new date at MSG. Axl brought new life into AC/DC. They  performed much better as a band.  I would definitely be interested  in hearing material Fromm Axl and Angus after watching the more of them together in concert. With that being said, I want to see and hoping for a new GNR album with the next year.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #6815 on: August 24, 2017, 11:15:26 PM »

Id love it if they would record Dead Flowers if they do a new album.

I think they pretty much did that on the Gilby record in 94. That song rules btw!  peace
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6816 on: August 28, 2017, 10:09:27 AM »

They are musicians...  They have any time together with instruments around something will come up...  Simple as that...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6817 on: August 28, 2017, 11:45:03 AM »

They are musicians...  They have any time together with instruments around something will come up...  Simple as that...
various musicians spent much time together with instruments since ChiDem was out and nothing ever came up.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6818 on: August 28, 2017, 01:01:25 PM »

various musicians spent much time together with instruments since ChiDem was out and nothing ever came up.

There is that one song with Tommy on vocals.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6819 on: August 28, 2017, 01:03:46 PM »

thing is, Chinese Democracy didn't reached the too high expectations for a Guns N'Roses LP and it understandably didn't
give that much confidence to go on with the second part of it. we're now pretty close to ten years without new material.
ten years. we had what, 15 years between Spaghetti and Chinese? not so different.

they have to maintain the interest of the fanbase by keeping the narrative "we worked on some songs" or "there's some
great material here" but the thing is, they will tour 'til the cash stop to flow.

and after that, from their perspective, what's the point to make some new music?
albums doesn't sell well, tracks will be immediately compared to Appetite, and we all know it can't top that.
so from a legacy perspective, it's not a good option either.

I always thought they'll do another last album, but it was before this partial reunion thing. now the configuration is
different, and the time is passing. and maybe it's already too late.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: