Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549076 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6880 on: July 15, 2019, 12:46:17 AM »

I think slash is overdoing his thing. As a guitarist myself, sometimes I don’t touch my guitar for months. You have to go out, listen to other music, read a book... everything can inspire you... overplay doesn’t help... even focusing on other instruments just for fun really helps... i love slash, seeing him live is a great experience, hes really one of a kind but lately he loses himself to nonsense solos like the last of guitar wankers

Agreed, I am often amazed at how fresh and inspired I come back to it when I stop playing for a while. Playing too often gets me stuck back in the same bad habits again.

It's funny because what I strive for is what Slash described in an old interview about solos being a melodic structure you are planning in your head as you go.

YES, I found it:

"Q: What's the secret to playing a great solo?

Slash: The most important thing is to be able to hear it in your head ... instead of playing patterns, hear the melody you're going for ... It's something that very few guitar players of my generation even paid attention to."

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/the-hands-behind-the-hype-guitar-player-december-1991.pdf

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6881 on: July 16, 2019, 04:19:27 AM »

I think slash is overdoing his thing. As a guitarist myself, sometimes I don’t touch my guitar for months. You have to go out, listen to other music, read a book... everything can inspire you... overplay doesn’t help... even focusing on other instruments just for fun really helps... i love slash, seeing him live is a great experience, hes really one of a kind but lately he loses himself to nonsense solos like the last of guitar wankers

Agreed, I am often amazed at how fresh and inspired I come back to it when I stop playing for a while. Playing too often gets me stuck back in the same bad habits again.

It's funny because what I strive for is what Slash described in an old interview about solos being a melodic structure you are planning in your head as you go.

YES, I found it:

"Q: What's the secret to playing a great solo?

Slash: The most important thing is to be able to hear it in your head ... instead of playing patterns, hear the melody you're going for ... It's something that very few guitar players of my generation even paid attention to."

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/the-hands-behind-the-hype-guitar-player-december-1991.pdf

I tell you this... I had this song written 15 years ago, almost all the lyrics and music, it's an acoustic solo song... Well i knew it was good already but I fuckin knew something was missing... I kinda forgot that song for years cause you know i couldn't find the key... Recently I found a video on yt where it showed how to do natural harmonics on acoustic guitar (something i really never cared about).. .Well i started learning it (it took 1 week to do it perfectly) and I dont know why I started to play that old song after years. Well I just put that only one fuckin harmonic on the song...I found myself re-writing the whole song (in terms of style) ...It took just 1 week. The song now to me is fuckin perfect.Recently I heard my younger brother singin that song under the shower and he doesn't even know the song it's mine..so it works.. rofl

Years ago i wrote a song inspired by the rumor of a working machine (horrible song) rofl rofl.. My best riff comes from a violin vibe...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:42:36 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6882 on: July 18, 2019, 03:42:37 PM »

I think the presence of slash and Duff alone will bring back balance to GNR regardless of whether its electronic or overproduced.

CHinese Democracy songs suffered from a lack of flow. CD songs played now just flow better, before they just sounded stiff (If that's a thing).

So acoustic or overproduced, I think it will work this time around because Slash and Duff bring the groove back to whatever song from CD they play on.

I'm a total Slash fanboy, but he has not brought any groove to the CD songs because he's lost his groove on his own songs. It kills me to say it, but ever since 2014 or so, he's really lost his groove and melodic feeling and become a shredder. It's mind blowing because it's so antithetical to everything he always stood for. I never imagined I would listed to Slash do a duet with Fortus and come away more moved by the CD era member...

I agree and disagree. He did make those CD era songs better. Take better for example, the intro, the little fill-ins, the tempo. The only exception being This I love because he refused to play the original Solo. IF it aint broken dont fix it, that solo was perfect.

I do agree that lately he's been a bit more shredder than bluesy. Maybe its because he wanted to keep-up, technically speaking, with bumblefoot and buckethead. Kind of saying, "I can do that too". For a long time people where saying those two guys did stuff Slash could not. Maybe he wanted to prove them wrong, I dunno. Maybe he likes the exercise or the feeling of unleashing raw energy, It works sometimes. Will he do that in the studio with Axl? I doubt it. Axl elevates Slash just like Slash elevates Axl. That doesn't happen with Myles. Myles is a hired gun (pun intended).

Better is the only song I might say he did well, possibly better, than CD. But TIL, Sorry and the others were pretty much all butchered with directionless wanking. CD was really not as robotic as you're remembering. Really only the drum parts are robotic IMO. The guitars are all grooving quite well, especially Finck and Fortus.

And I don't buy the blame-Myles excuse. He was still playing melodically in 2010 with Myles and that old style still shines through on Apocalyptic Love, although you could tell he was starting to think less about solos and melody.

Also, when he guests with highly respected other artists like Ozzy, he plays no differently.

I disagree, the best songs on the solo album with guests were definitely with Ozzy, Iggy and Lemmy.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6883 on: July 19, 2019, 02:32:06 AM »

I think the presence of slash and Duff alone will bring back balance to GNR regardless of whether its electronic or overproduced.

CHinese Democracy songs suffered from a lack of flow. CD songs played now just flow better, before they just sounded stiff (If that's a thing).

So acoustic or overproduced, I think it will work this time around because Slash and Duff bring the groove back to whatever song from CD they play on.

I'm a total Slash fanboy, but he has not brought any groove to the CD songs because he's lost his groove on his own songs. It kills me to say it, but ever since 2014 or so, he's really lost his groove and melodic feeling and become a shredder. It's mind blowing because it's so antithetical to everything he always stood for. I never imagined I would listed to Slash do a duet with Fortus and come away more moved by the CD era member...

I agree and disagree. He did make those CD era songs better. Take better for example, the intro, the little fill-ins, the tempo. The only exception being This I love because he refused to play the original Solo. IF it aint broken dont fix it, that solo was perfect.

I do agree that lately he's been a bit more shredder than bluesy. Maybe its because he wanted to keep-up, technically speaking, with bumblefoot and buckethead. Kind of saying, "I can do that too". For a long time people where saying those two guys did stuff Slash could not. Maybe he wanted to prove them wrong, I dunno. Maybe he likes the exercise or the feeling of unleashing raw energy, It works sometimes. Will he do that in the studio with Axl? I doubt it. Axl elevates Slash just like Slash elevates Axl. That doesn't happen with Myles. Myles is a hired gun (pun intended).

Better is the only song I might say he did well, possibly better, than CD. But TIL, Sorry and the others were pretty much all butchered with directionless wanking. CD was really not as robotic as you're remembering. Really only the drum parts are robotic IMO. The guitars are all grooving quite well, especially Finck and Fortus.

And I don't buy the blame-Myles excuse. He was still playing melodically in 2010 with Myles and that old style still shines through on Apocalyptic Love, although you could tell he was starting to think less about solos and melody.

Also, when he guests with highly respected other artists like Ozzy, he plays no differently.

I disagree, the best songs on the solo album with guests were definitely with Ozzy, Iggy and Lemmy.

I should have clarified, I meant at more recent live shows. As I said, he was still playing melodically in 2010 on the first solo album. Ozzy's song Crucify the Dead was absolutely legendary.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6884 on: July 19, 2019, 09:14:34 AM »

I'd love to see a new single for Terminator: Dark Fate

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #6885 on: July 19, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »

THIS!

Cool It is time!

axlvai
THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6886 on: July 20, 2019, 11:46:25 AM »

THIS!

Cool It is time!

This will never happen.
You Could Be Mine was a quitted statement to all sinners that need their brain tempered illusion to understand a film like Terminator Judgementday. --"Out Of Ammo said the illusion creator itself, cannot resist Mr.Love" --
And the masturbating thing itself Mr.Universe a sticky sinner about servin itselfs understandment of life about muscels and without empathic facereactions grants Axl a due reaction of a nothing, while Axl is in life of its Point of View
and the robot itself is in red mathbuilding notexisting souluniverse while tempting thousands.

If you want to hear a new record, concentrate on the beauty of creation itself. Strong baselines with future and solid regrets, Lyrics that are screaming for love or some grounded future that is touching a listener, clean electric guitar magic that are celebrating the gifts of what everyone owns in existing and beeing created by god. Holeholy drumms of giving you reason and reflection...

If you create illusions to a director that is ****ing itself that is your dream of a release, not GN'Rs.
BTW love your power of estrengement you do by being the best and adding apples. So without hopes or preangles, youre the best director for a ploppy "for the money" crew thats existing.
And if everything would be said to your mind, influence and reputation is still a matter- while understood nothing but a groupy solid management that claryfies this pulp of redapples are tasting different.

GN'R will release and thats for sure a 4 Hour cut filmed in LA, thats the way love goes...
It's a statement of leaving and returning- and GN'Rs responsibility in showing what life is holding in it while there is no spoon.

There is no last picture or Axl's beeing fat. There is no buckethead did his job or this dont look like vegas.
Its a development of Life itself while understanding nothing but somehow we're here and we love this.

I myself consider this as a sin in a sin, but still Axl wont hear our web.
So the best I can do is trying to see love in it. Maybe my 10yo child is giving me answers why all this happes to me and not in her universe.
Maybe she or it is afraid of herself. Becoming an index finger of her is frustrating, giving her a finger is like I dont exist  love
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:39:46 PM by THeRoCK2 » Logged

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WE DO!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6887 on: July 20, 2019, 02:46:47 PM »

THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6888 on: July 20, 2019, 03:46:12 PM »

love Axl
 love Slash
 love Duff
 love Dizzy

love Richard
 love Brain
 love Melissa  drool

would you consider this as a solid post?  peace

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6889 on: July 20, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »

THIS!

Cool It is time!

This will never happen.
You Could Be Mine was a quitted statement to all sinners that need their brain tempered illusion to understand a film like Terminator Judgementday. --"Out Of Ammo said the illusion creator itself, cannot resist Mr.Love" --
And the masturbating thing itself Mr.Universe a sticky sinner about servin itselfs understandment of life about muscels and without empathic facereactions grants Axl a due reaction of a nothing, while Axl is in life of its Point of View
and the robot itself is in red mathbuilding notexisting souluniverse while tempting thousands.

If you want to hear a new record, concentrate on the beauty of creation itself. Strong baselines with future and solid regrets, Lyrics that are screaming for love or some grounded future that is touching a listener, clean electric guitar magic that are celebrating the gifts of what everyone owns in existing and beeing created by god. Holeholy drumms of giving you reason and reflection...

If you create illusions to a director that is ****ing itself that is your dream of a release, not GN'Rs.
BTW love your power of estrengement you do by being the best and adding apples. So without hopes or preangles, youre the best director for a ploppy "for the money" crew thats existing.
And if everything would be said to your mind, influence and reputation is still a matter- while understood nothing but a groupy solid management that claryfies this pulp of redapples are tasting different.

GN'R will release and thats for sure a 4 Hour cut filmed in LA, thats the way love goes...
It's a statement of leaving and returning- and GN'Rs responsibility in showing what life is holding in it while there is no spoon.

There is no last picture or Axl's beeing fat. There is no buckethead did his job or this dont look like vegas.
Its a development of Life itself while understanding nothing but somehow we're here and we love this.

So the best I can do is trying to see love in it. Maybe my 10yo child is giving me answers why all this happes to me and not in her universe.
Maybe she or it is afraid of herself. Becoming an index finger of her is frustrating, giving her a finger is like I dont exist  love

...and we've finally blasted off into the twilight zone.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #6890 on: July 20, 2019, 09:51:43 PM »

love

Share that joint man. I feel u.

But that terminator thing its just a nostalgia thing u know. My 10 yo loves that.

THIS!

Cool It is time!

This will never happen.

axlvai
THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6891 on: July 21, 2019, 05:23:04 AM »

Yes it is, that is moving many aspects away.
One of my favourite films anyway.

I just say a soundtrack in it will not happen,

I feel GN'R is considering things where the road will travel in general- a single release is not a topic.

peace

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #6892 on: July 21, 2019, 02:06:34 PM »

THeRoCK2:
Why are you writing like song lyrics randomly put together?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6893 on: July 21, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »

I don t talk about my build.

To answer your questinon, Im into D.E.E.P.
forgive me my into denial axlrose admireship.
Its not like random, that would lesser my sense of love in questions of determination to my adoreness,
Its like they re coming out of heart- consider this as 27 or believe in stephen hawking!
Great Quaterback...  love

Hell Johnny, can you manage this in 2 Minutes (im still dressed on)  nervous
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:58:58 PM by THeRoCK2 » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6894 on: July 21, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

I am legitimately concerned this person needs medical attention.

THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #6895 on: July 21, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »

It's fine sir, spirit is free, dont worry:) Im glad to find found this forum beer

I am just free, its a bad obsession Grin

Let me be, and so everthing let you

didnt want to make trouble, try to focus now to stick to topic-

-a new album wont come out imo
obviously the group got tons of material recorded and rerecorded a billion times-
question is what is still missing of statement "prostitute itself"?

gnr isnt a messiah and they'll tour thats all

and if show is over, the listeners are going home to their problems so gnr will  peace

maybe they include a random jamsession in concerts who know?
3-6 new songs brought by the rough wisdom of life and 40k hearts

and if you wait for double tripple platinum sales your're wasting your time sweetheart

to have said coma is the last survivor in the htgth voting motivated gnr to  turn this tune on in their latest tour... aint that great my participating  ok
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:32:16 PM by THeRoCK2 » Logged

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6896 on: July 28, 2019, 11:19:39 AM »

THIS!

Cool It is time!

This will never happen.

yeah, my point exactly.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #6897 on: July 28, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »

It's fine sir, spirit is free, dont worry:) Im glad to find found this forum beer

I am just free, its a bad obsession Grin

Let me be, and so everthing let you

didnt want to make trouble, try to focus now to stick to topic-

-a new album wont come out imo
obviously the group got tons of material recorded and rerecorded a billion times-
question is what is still missing of statement "prostitute itself"?

gnr isnt a messiah and they'll tour thats all

and if show is over, the listeners are going home to their problems so gnr will  peace

maybe they include a random jamsession in concerts who know?
3-6 new songs brought by the rough wisdom of life and 40k hearts

and if you wait for double tripple platinum sales your're wasting your time sweetheart

to have said coma is the last survivor in the htgth voting motivated gnr to  turn this tune on in their latest tour... aint that great my participating  ok

https://youtu.be/vColOxUf-8s

axlvai
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #6898 on: August 05, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »

Do you think we will get a new song on the upcoming tour?

Rizzo160
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6899 on: August 05, 2019, 09:43:05 PM »

Bring back Sailing and include it in the new album.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: