Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548922 times)
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7020 on: October 04, 2019, 12:00:25 AM »

From what we heard through the years, Axl wanted the power to do whatever he wanted, but it seems that in the end it wasn’t that much fun, it was quite isolating and he couldn’t do much without his buddies that created the whole thing with him.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
You point your finger
But there's no one around

Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castle's crumbled
And you're left with just a name

Where's your crown, King Nothing?

I prefer the "Freddy Mercury" quote (though I'll just paraphrase) from Bohemian Rhapsody:

The label gave me everything I asked for.  Money, resources, everything. I hired the best session musicians that money could buy. I told them to do things, amazing things.

Do you know what the problem was?

They just did them.

There is something to be said for an "antagonistic" collaborative creative process.  And I don't mean they have to fight all the time.  I mean when people who are good at what they do are questioning what you are doing, and what you'd like them to do.  It makes everyone better.   Asking those questions, or putting their own spin on something, is precisely what helps the creative process grow.  I know it's true in my field.  I've seen it is true in others.  I suspect it CAN be true in Music, too.

And as I’ve said before here, Axl has the tendency to over do stuff and Slash has the tendency to simplify everything - and I mean production, arrangements, lyrics etc. That’s why they make a great duo, they balance each other, which is perfect.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7021 on: October 04, 2019, 12:14:58 AM »

I didn't know Buckethead did that one too, but I feel like funk is much more a part of Slash's style (or at least, it used to be) than Buckethead's. So it seems like a logical choice for him regardless of any ties to Buckethead.

To be clear, I did not mean to suggest that it was a song that Buckethead did.  I just meant it was a style that I associated more with BH than I would with Slash.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7022 on: October 04, 2019, 07:34:36 AM »

Correct me if i am wrong but at some point in all the shows from 2016-18 wasn't every alternative played at least once? I know none of them were unreleased, or was Shadow Of Your Love played prior to release? And of course you have them playing Slither that you gotta admit is quite a surprise Axl would perform.

Oh My God was on there pretty much every show and never got played....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7023 on: October 04, 2019, 10:03:28 AM »

I didn't know Buckethead did that one too, but I feel like funk is much more a part of Slash's style (or at least, it used to be) than Buckethead's. So it seems like a logical choice for him regardless of any ties to Buckethead.

To be clear, I did not mean to suggest that it was a song that Buckethead did.  I just meant it was a style that I associated more with BH than I would with Slash.

But he did in fact do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinI2w3Wg3o

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7024 on: October 04, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT!!!  That was PHENOMENAL!!!!  The girl playing the violin was amazing but while she was playing I was thinking "why is BH playing the chords to Color My World by Chicago?"  Huh  Then it was BH's turn for real.  AWESOME!!!!  The dude got chops.  ok

It's a shame what happened happened but hopefully in the long run, it worked out for the best for everyone.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7025 on: October 04, 2019, 06:52:01 PM »

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT!!!  That was PHENOMENAL!!!!  The girl playing the violin was amazing but while she was playing I was thinking "why is BH playing the chords to Color My World by Chicago?"  Huh  Then it was BH's turn for real.  AWESOME!!!!  The dude got chops.  ok

It's a shame what happened happened but hopefully in the long run, it worked out for the best for everyone.

I sure was a great take on it, same with Slash's.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7026 on: October 10, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

So GNR has 5 months to put out a new album. It should be enough time to get Slash, Duff & Co in the studio.

Rizzo160
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7027 on: November 16, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »

don't know what's the plan but it could be fun to promote the new LP with
some faux leaks on YouTube every week before the launch, keeping the irony
spirit of the tour (not in this lifetime, remember), I would avoid to put the
album on streaming websites too, and probably use an online pre-sell system
to avoid at max the piracy.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7028 on: November 16, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »

Assuming Universal Music will be involved, I'm sure they have a plan... Which probably means it'll be released in a "traditional way".

If one can daydream, I'd make a fan club only edition that was only sold on the official web site for fan club members.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7029 on: November 16, 2019, 05:33:28 PM »

Assuming Universal Music will be involved, I'm sure they have a plan... Which probably means it'll be released in a "traditional way".

If one can daydream, I'd make a fan club only edition that was only sold on the official web site for fan club members.

/jarmo

You know what would happen with that.  Ebay and the price gets jacked up. 

My dream is twins.  Multiball as they say in the pinball world.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7030 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:33 PM »

the good thing is, their plan will be better than the Chinese Democracy's one

(if they had one at the time)

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7031 on: November 25, 2019, 05:15:18 PM »

Has anyone heard any update if GNR is in the studio making a new album?  It has been quiet since the tour finished.

Rizzo160
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #7032 on: November 26, 2019, 11:45:21 PM »

Has anyone heard any update if GNR is in the studio making a new album?  It has been quiet since the tour finished.

Far from official, but HasItLeaked lists them as in studio. No details on when/where

https://twitter.com/hasitleaked/status/1198351509710426112/
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7033 on: November 27, 2019, 05:24:47 PM »

Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving

Rizzo160
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #7034 on: November 29, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »

I had this thought yesterday as I was listening to some GNR. I am wondering when it comes to whatever the next album will be and I do believe their will be one. When watching Axl sing some of these songs on the NITL tour I would have to imagine its alot more stressing on his vocals to sing songs that were originally made 30 some years ago and had alot more mileage on his Vocal Chords. In relation to any new material I am wondering if the songs will be alot more conducive to how is vocals are now so that he would hopefully be able to handle multiple tours as I am sure their would be a large interest for people to see him sing new songs with the old/new guys.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7035 on: November 30, 2019, 08:01:39 PM »

I had this thought yesterday as I was listening to some GNR. I am wondering when it comes to whatever the next album will be and I do believe their will be one. When watching Axl sing some of these songs on the NITL tour I would have to imagine its alot more stressing on his vocals to sing songs that were originally made 30 some years ago and had alot more mileage on his Vocal Chords. In relation to any new material I am wondering if the songs will be alot more conducive to how is vocals are now so that he would hopefully be able to handle multiple tours as I am sure their would be a large interest for people to see him sing new songs with the old/new guys.

Possible, although he certainly didn't make it easy on himself with CD. But then, as we saw with Rock the Rock, he may have found a new style of singing with AC/DC that he can maintain and may use it for new Guns. Regardless, we know Axl is a perfectionist and will do anything to achieve his vision. So while he way lay back a little on some songs where it feels appropriate, I doubt he will compromise where he feels a demanding vocal is needed. He's certainly never been known for moderation!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7036 on: December 02, 2019, 05:34:03 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, have you heard that March/April is still the plan for the album?  I know that's what Fernando said a month or so ago, but was wondering if you've heard anything positive on that front.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7037 on: December 03, 2019, 04:52:57 AM »

I haven't heard anything else. As far as I know plans haven't changed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7038 on: December 03, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »

I haven't heard anything else. As far as I know plans haven't changed.

/jarmo

Cool, thanks...Hopefully they stay the course. Would be awesome if new music coincided with the upcoming shows.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7039 on: December 03, 2019, 03:54:20 PM »

@jarmo please please please do whatever you can to make sure The General is on the next album 🤘👍😁

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: