Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1563753 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7140 on: January 08, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »

So is no one going to talk about the cryptic post yesterday evening on the band’s social media pages? I’m surprised a thread hasn’t been started yet.

Hahahahaha Right?  Anyone?   rofl

So I googled the term.  Read some comments on some boards.  Looked at the picture again.  Checked the news sources.  Came up with 3 possibilities:
About to release an album.
About to do a show.
Slash is on his way to Australia to help save some koala bears.

I kind of like the bear thing.  Cheesy

Lmao! 

I really want it to mean they're about to announce the album, but it could also just be Fernando dicking around.  Let's hope!  Power of positivity and all that.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #7141 on: January 08, 2020, 11:54:53 AM »

So is no one going to talk about the cryptic post yesterday evening on the band’s social media pages? I’m surprised a thread hasn’t been started yet.

Hahahahaha Right?  Anyone?   rofl

So I googled the term.  Read some comments on some boards.  Looked at the picture again.  Checked the news sources.  Came up with 3 possibilities:
About to release an album.
About to do a show.
Slash is on his way to Australia to help save some koala bears.

I kind of like the bear thing.  Cheesy

I actually thought about the Australia thing since he’s passionate about it ... but naw.
Maybe a song?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7142 on: January 08, 2020, 12:01:17 PM »

Any other band, that tweet would pretty clearly that new music is coming. With GNR it could mean anything or nothing at all.  Here's hoping!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7143 on: January 08, 2020, 12:02:06 PM »

I'm hopeful for the album but it was a stage shot.  So maybe new song at the Bud Light concert.

Good news though, they are back to work and rolling.  Not that I think they ever stop working.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7144 on: January 08, 2020, 12:07:14 PM »

I'm hopeful for the album but it was a stage shot.  So maybe new song at the Bud Light concert.

Good news though, they are back to work and rolling.  Not that I think they ever stop working.

I'm hoping they're about to drop a lead single. That cryptic tweet paired with the website being updated today has me....dare I say it...hopeful.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #7145 on: January 08, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »

Are you guys referring to the "about to drop some fire" tweet? I thought it just refers to the photo. It is clearly a backstage photo so I thought it means "about to rock" or something... Huh

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7146 on: January 08, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »

Are you guys referring to the "about to drop some fire" tweet? I thought it just refers to the photo. It is clearly a backstage photo so I thought it means "about to rock" or something... Huh

If Fernando, or whoever writes those posts, was simply referring to a months old photo of Slash he deserves to be neutered. Just look at all the comments under the post.  EVERYONE interpreted that post to mean new music was coming. Can he really be that tone deaf??
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7147 on: January 08, 2020, 12:55:56 PM »

If Fernando, or whoever writes those posts, was simply referring to a months old photo of Slash he deserves to be neutered. Just look at all the comments under the post.  EVERYONE interpreted that post to mean new music was coming. Can he really be that tone deaf??

It's the most GnR post ever.  Intentionally ambiguous, with zero accountability or ownership.  Album comes out:  we told you so.  No album comes out:  don't read in to everything you see on the internet, it's just a picture. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7148 on: January 08, 2020, 12:58:00 PM »

It's the most GnR post ever.  Intentionally ambiguous, with zero accountability or ownership.  Album comes out:  we told you so.  No album comes out:  don't read in to everything you see on the internet, it's just a picture. 

That's what I mean.  There's a fine line between being tone deaf to what you know the fans have been clamoring for and sounding like an outright asshole. Hopefully it means...something.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7149 on: January 08, 2020, 02:24:56 PM »

That's what I mean.  There's a fine line between being tone deaf to what you know the fans have been clamoring for and sounding like an outright asshole. Hopefully it means...something.

Plans don't always workout for GNR.  I think they've been excited before that things were going to happen, clued us in and then it all fell apart.  Unfortunately that backlash has resulted in being tight lipped.

We've all seen the twists and the spins when they do say something.  That has resulted in pretty much insults and negative responses.  Kudos to them for still trying with us.  I would would have slammed the door a long time ago. 

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7150 on: January 08, 2020, 02:34:05 PM »

Plans don't always workout for GNR.  I think they've been excited before that things were going to happen, clued us in and then it all fell apart.  Unfortunately that backlash has resulted in being tight lipped.

We've all seen the twists and the spins when they do say something.  That has resulted in pretty much insults and negative responses.  Kudos to them for still trying with us.  I would would have slammed the door a long time ago. 

Come on...they knew, by posting something like that, that we would instantly think it's related to new music.  You're right, plans don't always work out (a phenomenon apparently unique to GnR when it comes to releasing music), "things change", etc., but this is an intentional troll, IMO.  I'd rather it be something specific or nothing at all.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7151 on: January 08, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »

If Fernando, or whoever writes those posts, was simply referring to a months old photo of Slash he deserves to be neutered. Just look at all the comments under the post.  EVERYONE interpreted that post to mean new music was coming. Can he really be that tone deaf??

It's the most GnR post ever.  Intentionally ambiguous, with zero accountability or ownership.  Album comes out:  we told you so.  No album comes out:  don't read in to everything you see on the internet, it's just a picture.  

That's what I mean.  There's a fine line between being tone deaf to what you know the fans have been clamoring for and sounding like an outright asshole. Hopefully it means...something.

Plans don't always workout for GNR.  I think they've been excited before that things were going to happen, clued us in and then it all fell apart.  Unfortunately that backlash has resulted in being tight lipped.

We've all seen the twists and the spins when they do say something.  That has resulted in pretty much insults and negative responses.  Kudos to them for still trying with us.  I would would have slammed the door a long time ago.  

Come on...they knew, by posting something like that, that we would instantly think it's related to new music.  You're right, plans don't always work out (a phenomenon apparently unique to GnR when it comes to releasing music), "things change", etc., but this is an intentional troll, IMO.  I'd rather it be something specific or nothing at all.

Oh, absolutely they knew what they were doing. And that's what's so frustrating.  Be it this, or Fernando telling us there'd be an album by March, there seems to be ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY for what they say to fans, and zero follow through.  A very uncool and unprofessional way to communicate.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #7152 on: January 08, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »

I saw...a Slash pic...
Where he’s set to hit the stage
And light the place up.

I see nothing more...
Not sure where it’s “cryptic”, but...
I guess...it could be...??

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #7153 on: January 08, 2020, 04:13:11 PM »

I saw...a Slash pic...
Where he’s set to hit the stage
And light the place up.

I see nothing more...
Not sure where it’s “cryptic”, but...
I guess...it could be...??

Splash

/Mike

It’s cryptic because there’s no context. That’s standard social media market textbook definition.
It’s also a move other bands, most recently My Chemical Romance and Faith No More, have used when they’re about to announce something big.
Drop the same picture on all three major social media accounts and say very little if anything.
It gets people talking and it gets media attention. Free marketing.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #7154 on: January 08, 2020, 04:58:25 PM »

Interesting point...
Provisionally accepted 🤪🤪
Thanks for explaining.

I’m in radio...
Also sing and do events...
My demo’s older...

Different ballgame.
But I see what you’re saying...
Cautious positive.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #7155 on: January 08, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »

Interesting point...
Provisionally accepted 🤪🤪
Thanks for explaining.

I’m in radio...
Also sing and do events...
My demo’s older...

Different ballgame.
But I see what you’re saying...
Cautious positive.

Splash

/Mike

Naw, no worries. And yes - cautious positive is the way to be Smiley
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7156 on: January 08, 2020, 10:34:52 PM »

Come on...they knew, by posting something like that, that we would instantly think it's related to new music.  You're right, plans don't always work out (a phenomenon apparently unique to GnR when it comes to releasing music), "things change", etc., but this is an intentional troll, IMO.  I'd rather it be something specific or nothing at all.

They made a tweet that got your attention and got you thinking about the band.  Mission accomplished.  You can't fault them for being a business. 

They just put that out, give it some more time to build up some attention.  I half the world was asleep when that came out.  I don't think the news media outlets have ran stories on it yet.  It needs to finish what it was intended for, if anything, related to what we are hoping for.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #7157 on: January 09, 2020, 06:27:22 AM »

Oh, absolutely they knew what they were doing. And that's what's so frustrating.  Be it this, or Fernando telling us there'd be an album by March, there seems to be ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY for what they say to fans, and zero follow through.  A very uncool and unprofessional way to communicate.
It's a throwaway social media post by an '80s Rock band.
Someone posted a photo and then wrote a caption.
No adult with a functioning brain would interpret it to mean anything.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7158 on: January 09, 2020, 04:39:07 PM »

Everything is clinical. Fernando is allying himself to Universal and Livenation on his Instagram, so support is there for everything. I don't see Jarmo putting anyone off here anything that has been said historically in interviews or on Reddit about a new album. The band now have mouthpieces in Duff and Slash to talk in interviews. There are tour dates for the year, mini world tour style which will probably see N America and then Oz come next, and the next chapter thing on the press releases and the references to NITL as a past event.

Unless Jarmo is wanting to put me off, I don't see any reason to not believe there will not be some new material this year.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7159 on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »

Everything is clinical. Fernando is allying himself to Universal and Livenation on his Instagram, so support is there for everything. I don't see Jarmo putting anyone off here anything that has been said historically in interviews or on Reddit about a new album. The band now have mouthpieces in Duff and Slash to talk in interviews. There are tour dates for the year, mini world tour style which will probably see N America and then Oz come next, and the next chapter thing on the press releases and the references to NITL as a past event.

Unless Jarmo is wanting to put me off, I don't see any reason to not believe there will not be some new material this year.

Honestly, Jarmo's optimism towards new music soon is the only thing keeping me hanging on.  The band's been radio silent on that front since the last tour leg wrapped, but maybe that's a good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: