Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1549034 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7180 on: January 13, 2020, 06:11:56 PM »

So Pearl Jam just simultaneously announced their new album and US tour dates.  I wonder if GNR are planning on doing a similar "package" announcement with US dates and album news. Hmmm....

I was about to post that. This means it's possible to announce a new album 2-3 months before release. This will be Pearl Jam's first LP since 2013 – the longest they've ever been between two albums.

Tool last year announced their new record in May and released it in August. We are talking about another huge band with a long hiatus that only needed a few months before the official release to make an announcement.

Having said that, I don't think GNR will release anything till early fall. I'm hoping to hear new music on this upcoming tour (they may even release a few songs on Spotify), but as far as a new album goes, we will have to wait till early fall at least.

So you don't think there's any credence to what Fernando said about a release by March?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7181 on: January 13, 2020, 07:01:24 PM »

So you don't think there's any credence to what Fernando said about a release by March?

Not nearly as much I believe "stuff came up" being the culprit, followed by the usual suspects telling us that such ungrateful wretches that we are should be happy enough with new tour dates and fall into line already.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #7182 on: January 13, 2020, 09:06:32 PM »

I think he's going to start looking very seriously at it
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7183 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:30 PM »

I think he's going to start looking very seriously at it

Yes, in that regard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7184 on: January 14, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »

Literally no one is really expecting them (GNR) to make good on a release, which means it would blow minds all over the place if they did.  drool
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:56:28 AM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7185 on: January 14, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »

Literally no one is really expecting them (GNR) to make good on a release, which means it would blow minds all over the place if they did.  drool

Only reason to give it any credence is Fernando's unprompted comment.  Seems impossible to think he goes there, on his own, without a blessing.

But, then if it doesn't pan out, that's easily explained away as Fernando not meaning it.  Or you took it the wrong way (despite his delivery being pretty straightforward).

There is always an out with this band, always.  The Buck Stops...um, over there somewhere.  "Not it!!"

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7186 on: January 14, 2020, 11:27:05 AM »

Literally no one is really expecting them (GNR) to make good on a release, which means it would blow minds all over the place if they did.  drool

Only reason to give it any credence is Fernando's unprompted comment.  Seems impossible to think he goes there, on his own, without a blessing.

But, then if it doesn't pan out, that's easily explained away as Fernando not meaning it.  Or you took it the wrong way (despite his delivery being pretty straightforward).

There is always an out with this band, always.  The Buck Stops...um, over there somewhere.  "Not it!!"

I just hope that if nothing materializes by March, it doesn't just get swept under the rug as if it was never said at all.

I still say there's a chance of some sort of surprise release.  Only because it would be insane to mount another US trek without one.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7187 on: January 14, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »

I just hope that if nothing materializes by March, it doesn't just get swept under the rug as if it was never said at all.

I still say there's a chance of some sort of surprise release.  Only because it would be insane to mount another US trek without one.

As you your first point, it wouldn't be hard.  Plenty of plausible deniability there.

As to your second point, I agree.  I also have long taken to thinking that Slash and Duff would not play greatest hits nostalgia shows in perpetuity.  That they would need something new to keep them interested.  Operating under that premise, their continued involvement under the GNR brand in 2020 at least supports the theory there could well be something new in the offing.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7188 on: January 14, 2020, 12:55:17 PM »

It's such a weird time to be a fan.  Going by Fernando's "within 6 months" comment in regard to a release, we could be on the cusp of what has the potential to be the most exciting time for GNR fans since 1992....or just what to turns out to more or less be an extension of the NITL tour.  confused
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7189 on: January 14, 2020, 01:51:24 PM »

Just hope it doesn’t turn out to another Merck style comment which will in a years time from now be classified as just a throwaway facetious comment

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7190 on: January 14, 2020, 02:03:05 PM »

Just hope it doesn’t turn out to another Merck style comment which will in a years time from now be classified as just a throwaway facetious comment

Axl fired Merck for that, and said that was an "insane" thing to do to the fans.  I would hope history does not repeat itself in regard to Fernando's comment(s) and something is really brewing.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7191 on: January 14, 2020, 02:12:40 PM »

Yeah, Axl was pretty upset about that Merck comment.  And for good reason.

Axl may give us the silent treatment, which has its own pitfalls.  But Merck was outright antagonizing us.  It was cool to see Axl shut that down.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7192 on: January 14, 2020, 02:23:05 PM »

Axl may give us the silent treatment, which has its own pitfalls.  But Merck was outright antagonizing us.  It was cool to see Axl shut that down.

That's the thing.  Was Fernando just jerking whoever he was talking to around, or are we really on the cusp of the first GNR album in nearly 12 years?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7193 on: January 14, 2020, 02:30:51 PM »

That's the thing.  Was Fernando just jerking whoever he was talking to around, or are we really on the cusp of the first GNR album in nearly 12 years?

Well, like it or not, he said it.  It's out there.  And he is a part of the management team.  He's no some random roadie here.

And again, he offered it up.  He seemed like he wanted it out there.  He wasn't being pinned down.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7194 on: January 14, 2020, 02:30:55 PM »

Merck was one of us, the forums were at their peak during a barren time and he gave us Hammerstein and hope

It was a complicated time, and he'll be on the band's shit list, but he was a decent and generous person.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7195 on: January 14, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »

It was a changing of the guard. You have to roll with Axl, it is what it is.

Team Brazil have Umusic and Livenation behind them now so the band are in the best hands for the current time.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7196 on: January 14, 2020, 02:37:41 PM »

Team Brazil have Umusic and Livenation behind them now so the band are in the best hands for the current time.

So really what we're left with is taking Fernando at his word.  Not so easy, when you consider the wild/insane gaps in between GNR albums and all the past talk of new music.  The continued silence on that front doesn't necessarily bolster my faith.  Which is why I've been wondering if, possibly to avoid leaks, they're really going to go for a surprise release approach.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7197 on: January 14, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »

This gig at the SB will be telling.

Face facts.  If this starts out...

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive

...you will hear a collective groan from the fanbase.  And, honestly, you should.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7198 on: January 14, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »

So really what we're left with is taking Fernando at his word.  Not so easy, when you consider the wild/insane gaps in between GNR albums and all the past talk of new music.  The continued silence on that front doesn't necessarily bolster my faith.  Which is why I've been wondering if, possibly to avoid leaks, they're really going to go for a surprise release approach.

Listen, I had Fernando have a go at me back in the day, but I recognise good management and I like what he and TB are doing.

Have a little faith, the timelines for a new album might be different from Nando reddit, but since 2015 operations have been slick, so it is ok to be believe.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7199 on: January 14, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »

Back when Axl didn't promise a release by a certain month, he was basically labeled a liar.

Now Fernando said something similar and people took it as a guarantee.
I'm not saying nothing will happen, I'm just saying he didn't promise anything. And yet we have people discussing whether or not he promised a release before the end of March or not....   Cheesy

The Super Bowl show is a one off festival. Why anyone would expect that show to be some kind of guide for the rest of the tour is puzzling...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: