Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1548938 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7200 on: January 14, 2020, 02:57:17 PM »

Back when Axl didn't promise a release by a certain month, he was basically labeled a liar.

Now Fernando said something similar and people took it as a guarantee.
I'm not saying nothing will happen, I'm just saying he didn't promise anything. And yet we have people discussing whether or not he promised a release before the end of March or not....   Cheesy

The Super Bowl show is a one off festival. Why anyone would expect that show to be some kind of guide for the rest of the tour is puzzling...

/jarmo

Well, if what Fernando said is true, it would be smart to ride the media wave of Super Bowl weekend to promote "something" new.  Whether that's single or something more substantial in anyone's guess.  We're just trying to connect dots, since Fernando has not elaborated on what type of release he was talking about since making that initial comment.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7201 on: January 14, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »

This gig at the SB will be telling.

Face facts.  If this starts out...

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive

...you will hear a collective groan from the fanbase.  And, honestly, you should.

I really dont know why you say this? Why is this show telling?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7202 on: January 14, 2020, 02:59:12 PM »

Yeah, Axl was pretty upset about that Merck comment.  And for good reason.

Axl may give us the silent treatment, which has its own pitfalls.  But Merck was outright antagonizing us.  It was cool to see Axl shut that down.

That's the thing.  Was Fernando just jerking whoever he was talking to around, or are we really on the cusp of the first GNR album in nearly 12 years?

It was a changing of the guard. You have to roll with Axl, it is what it is.

Team Brazil have Umusic and Livenation behind them now so the band are in the best hands for the current time.

So really what we're left with is taking Fernando at his word.  Not so easy, when you consider the wild/insane gaps in between GNR albums and all the past talk of new music.  The continued silence on that front doesn't necessarily bolster my faith.  Which is why I've been wondering if, possibly to avoid leaks, they're really going to go for a surprise release approach.

Listen, I had Fernando have a go at me back in the day, but I recognise good management and I like what he and TB are doing.

Have a little faith, the timelines for a new album might be different from Nando reddit, but since 2015 operations have been slick, so it is ok to be believe.

That's true.  I can't imagine they're suffering from *lack* of support from the label to put new music out, which wasn't the case in 06 or 08, really.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7203 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »

Back when Axl didn't promise a release by a certain month, he was basically labeled a liar.

Now Fernando said something similar and people took it as a guarantee.
I'm not saying nothing will happen, I'm just saying he didn't promise anything. And yet we have people discussing whether or not he promised a release before the end of March or not....   Cheesy

The Super Bowl show is a one off festival. Why anyone would expect that show to be some kind of guide for the rest of the tour is puzzling...

/jarmo

Well, if what Fernando said is true, it would be smart to ride the media wave of Super Bowl weekend to promote "something" new.  Whether that's single or something more substantial in anyone's guess.  We're just trying to connect dots, since Fernando has not elaborated on what type of release he was talking about since making that initial comment.

I have not read what Fernando wrote, and im sure, if he wrote something in the lines of a new album, im sure he did that to give the readers something positive. We all know thinks can get delayed so i hope people are mature enough to not go crazy about it if we dont have a new album from GNR before the summer. We do know things are happening nowm new chapter, new shows, maybe a new name of the tour... all things positive and exciting

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7204 on: January 14, 2020, 03:11:47 PM »

Do we know for sure its really Fernando who writes on reddit?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7205 on: January 14, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive

...you will hear a collective groan from the fanbase.  And, honestly, you should.

I think it's time the fans on the internet stop thinking they are the fanbase.  They aren't even a percentage of one show out of all the people showing up to the many concerts this band has put on.  What you read from people on the net are just what they are saying.  They don't speak for the rest of the people.  You just found a handful of people who like to think they way you do.  The fanbase is buying tickets and they are buying a lot of them.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7206 on: January 14, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »

Do we know for sure its really Fernando who writes on reddit?

It was confirmed to be him.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7207 on: January 14, 2020, 03:14:09 PM »

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive

I think it's time the fans on the internet stop thinking they are the fanbase.  They aren't even a percentage of one show out of all the people showing up to the many concerts this band has put on.  What you read from people on the net are just what they are saying.  They don't speak for the rest of the people.  You just found a handful of people who like to think they way you do.  The fanbase is buying tickets and they are buying a lot of them.

Eh, he's not wrong.  The Stones in their mid-70s shake up their sets more than GNR.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #7208 on: January 14, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »

Listen, I had Fernando have a go at me back in the day, but I recognise good management and I like what he and TB are doing.

Have a little faith, the timelines for a new album might be different from Nando reddit, but since 2015 operations have been slick, so it is ok to be believe.

GNR 3.0 has been smooth sailing.  Very professional, no drama.  And I don't just mean in comparison to GNR 2.0, which was a perpetual shitshow.  I mean overall.  This has been a well run operation.

But it's also pushing 4 years now.  Time to see what's next.  You can't be that stand up comic that's still doing the same tight 40 minute show for 5 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7209 on: January 14, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »

GNR 3.0 has been smooth sailing.  Very professional, no drama.  And I don't just mean in comparison to GNR 2.0, which was a perpetual shitshow.  I mean overall.  This has been a well run operation.

But it's also pushing 4 years now.  Time to see what's next.  You can't be that stand up comic that's still doing the same tight 40 minute show for 5 years.

And I doubt Slash would be that person, hence why I think a new album will be out this year.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7210 on: January 14, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »

I really dont know why you say this? Why is this show telling?

Think of it like this.

That last handful of dates on NITL were really just tacked on, way after the fact, just for the cash.  And not to hate here, everyone needs loot.

But look at what happened at them.  They dug out a few tunes we hadn't heard live in 25 years.  I thought it was super encouraging.  I thought it showed them trying a few different things out for next time.

I think it similarly encouraging if there is some off the beaten path stuff tried in a few weeks.  I think that suggests a new stage show is truly coming.

Would you see things the same way if they came out and played a setlist you and I could write down right now, same songs, same order?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7211 on: January 14, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »

I have said many times I think they can play arenas in the US if they ever release another song, and just play the same nostalgia show for the rest of time.

So long as he still has Slash and Duff, he can move 20,000 in any major market until god calls him.  That's your argument and I think it is 100% valid.

I'm just saying, if that's the road they go down, call it what it is.  You are now The Eagles.  You are Bill Joel.  You know you can crank it up every few years and play a revue type show and count your loot.  Perfectly viable.  But you are no longer a viable, artistic entity.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7212 on: January 14, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »

And I doubt Slash would be that person, hence why I think a new album will be out this year.

I agree with you there.  That's not who Slash has ever been.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7213 on: January 14, 2020, 03:56:18 PM »

For Fernando to make such a bold claim of "within 6 months" whatever else that needed to be done for the album must have been minimal. Makes me wonder just how many "familiar" titles we'll see that have been teased over the years.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7214 on: January 14, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »

For Fernando to make such a bold claim of "within 6 months" whatever else that needed to be done for the album must have been minimal. Makes me wonder just how many "familiar" titles we'll see that have been teased over the years.

I wonder as well.

I can say just from personal experience, I have a handful of those last leaks I have worn out yet still dig.  Would love to hear this band's take on them.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7215 on: January 14, 2020, 04:28:23 PM »

I wonder as well.

I can say just from personal experience, I have a handful of those last leaks I have worn out yet still dig.  Would love to hear this band's take on them.

Slash on Hard School or Atlas would be incredible. And if The General is really Axl's lyrical sequel to Estranged, then it's only fitting that Slash tears it up on that one as well.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7216 on: January 14, 2020, 07:32:39 PM »

[

/jarmo

I agree Jarmo!  I actually think nothing new will happen at the SB show.  Its not a GnR show and not really a good time to try anything bew.  Play your hits for the casual fans that will be there for music, football and partying.  Its a good way to show casual fans that your active again and may peak some interest.   Just my opinion   
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7217 on: January 15, 2020, 04:16:09 AM »

[

/jarmo

I agree Jarmo!  I actually think nothing new will happen at the SB show.  Its not a GnR show and not really a good time to try anything bew.  Play your hits for the casual fans that will be there for music, football and partying.  Its a good way to show casual fans that your active again and may peak some interest.   Just my opinion   
Casual fans populate the tour shows too, they aren't uber fans that frequent forums . Why wouldn't they drop something into a show that has some tie-in with the SB, pretty big audience following the SB and stuff surrounding events will garner an ideal opportunity to release news or indeed new songs to a watching world. Probably the biggest marketing opportunity this century for them.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7218 on: January 15, 2020, 08:19:21 AM »

I have said many times I think they can play arenas in the US if they ever release another song, and just play the same nostalgia show for the rest of time.

So long as he still has Slash and Duff, he can move 20,000 in any major market until god calls him.  That's your argument and I think it is 100% valid.

I'm just saying, if that's the road they go down, call it what it is.  You are now The Eagles.  You are Bill Joel.  You know you can crank it up every few years and play a revue type show and count your loot.  Perfectly viable.  But you are no longer a viable, artistic entity.

Personally I think it would be an utter shame if this is the route taken, as it would be such a waste. GNR are better than that.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7219 on: January 15, 2020, 09:07:29 AM »

[

/jarmo

Didn't they just have the 3rd highest selling tour of all time???  Everyone knows they're active (not just us forum nerds).  IMO, there won't be anything new at the SB show...history has shown that the first couple shows are a little rough (putting it nicely).  I don't think they're going to want to go outside of the norm for the first show back together.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: